You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Jesus, variance is absolutely killing me at the moment, I cannot believe how bad I'm running. In terms of hands AIPF, I've had AQ v KQo for him to river a 4flush... 99 v J8 for him to flop a straight.... AQs v 66 for him to flop a set, then turn quads, there's plenty more I can't remember. I'm getting absolutely battered in races.

Had to stop cos I knew I'd only lose more with the way it's wrecking my head. Played 13, won 2, so lost £48.25.

Another disastrous session that I had no control over :(

=======================
    Sky Games Played:     530
    Sky Profit/Loss:       -£82.50
    Poker Points:               1648    (£16.48)

=======================

??? Games Player:     48
    ??? Profit/Loss:        -$55.90
    ========================
  • edited June 2012
    Hi Lambert

Its very detailed but interesting. May i ask how many hours youplay and the number of tables you multi per day. I was just interested to know the number of hour approx thats needed for particular c4p. So to earn say £100 in c4p or £500 in c4p how many hours and tables would you need to play? I realise that this can have variables involved....but just a rough idea?
  • edited June 2012
    Blimey that sounds a big loss for a 2/13 session!

Is the roll able to handle this? Are you thinking about moving down to 3s for a while? Or still ok?

I think I'm playing today myself so will be able to watch a session if you like, Splashies will probably be around too if you want a 2nd opinion. Even if I don't play I can watch, I'll just be sober, so wont be able to think. lol.

2pmish onwards!
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Tale Of 2 Bankrolls ----- Targets For June:
    Blimey that sounds a big loss for a 2/13 session! Is the roll able to handle this? Are you thinking about moving down to 3s for a while? Or still ok? I think I'm playing today myself so will be able to watch a session if you like, Splashies will probably be around too if you want a 2nd opinion. Even if I don't play I can watch, I'll just be sober, so wont be able to think. lol. 2pmish onwards!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I know but it's what it is lol, I won 2 and lost 11, so 9 games behind break even, so 9 X 5.25 lost, plus a bit of rake.

The roll can still handle it at the moment (IMO), I still have 40 BIs, and I'm not allowing it to affect my game so I'll keep going at £5s for a bit, might go to £3s if I drop down to 30 BIs but I'm hoping that's never gonna happen... surely I can't have another -£50 session today lol.

I was talking to Emma about it last night and she was saying it's probably affecting my head, and I said, well that's the annoying thing, it's not, I'm still playing well, still getting it in well ahead, but once the cards turn over it's out of my hands and I just keep losing. At least if I was tilting it off, I could blame myself and sort it, as it is, I just gotta take it.

Definitely take you up on the offer of watching though. Speak to you on facebook later.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Tale Of 2 Bankrolls ----- Targets For June:
    Hi Lambert Its very detailed but interesting. May i ask how many hours youplay and the number of tables you multi per day. I was just interested to know the number of hour approx thats needed for particular c4p. So to earn say £100 in c4p or £500 in c4p how many hours and tables would you need to play? I realise that this can have variables involved....but just a rough idea?
    Posted by profman15
    I generally 2table, anything more than that at Hypers is just mental and I can't keep track. I have accidently registered for a 3rd one twice, and it's been a real struggle. Each game lasts about 4 mins on average, so 2tabling is about 30 games per hour.

At my stakes £5.25, you get 3 points per game and £100 C4P is abuot 5500 points so you'd need to play about 1850 which is about 60 hours per month (so about 15 hours a week), which is very do-able.

My sessions tend to be 1hour - 2hours, sometimes more, sometimes less.

Would take a pretty serious amount of volume to get £500 C4P at £5.25s, but my plan is to start dipping my toe in the water at £10.50s once I get my roll to £600, and it's much more do-able at that level.
  • edited June 2012
    I'll post up my results later but for now I just had to post this hand up. How brutal does it get lol. Nh sir
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Chem16 Small blind   10.00 10.00 550.00
    Lambert180 Big blind   20.00 30.00 420.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

Chem16 Call   10.00 40.00 540.00
    Lambert180 Raise   60.00 100.00 360.00
    Chem16 Call   60.00 160.00 480.00
    Flop

• J
    • Q
    • K

Lambert180 All-in   360.00 520.00 0.00
    Chem16 All-in   480.00 1000.00 0.00
    Chem16 Unmatched bet   120.00 880.00 120.00
    Chem16 Show

Lambert180 Show
    • A
    • Q

Turn

River

Chem16 Win Straight Flush to the King 880.00   1000.00
  • edited June 2012
    Evening all,

I got 2 sessions in today, one was a quick one in the morning with JJ and Splashies watching, in that one I played 31 games and won 17 for a £7.25 profit.

I then played a night-time session where I played 80 games and won 42 which left me exactly break even. So I made a total profit of £7.25 today after 111 games :( and I donked off £5.50 of that on the £50 guaranteed speed tourney lol. This thread is just for monitoring my Hyper success though so will knock the £7.25 off my monthly losses.

=======================
    Sky Games Played:     641
    Sky Profit/Loss:       -£75.25
    Poker Points:               1986    (£19.86)

=======================

========================

No more tournies for me until I can string some proper profits together from my Hypers. Glad to see I made a profit today even if it was only a small one. So I'm crushing the volume, just need to crush the game now.
  • edited June 2012
    No poker for me today... so far, but just thought I'd post up a bit of good news I got today. I don't know if people saw recently but Frosty Jack had won his seat to Blackpool only to find out his wife/girlfriend had booked a holiday that week, so he was looking to sell/transfer it. FlyingDagg originally wanted it but then said a long-time friend had bought him in direct.

So I posted up and asked him to PM me how much he wanted for it, expecting it to be way more than I was willing to pay but just interested. He got back to me today and I won't go into the exact details in case he doesn't want me to, but it was a VERY reasonable price + 40% of my winnings. So I'm well happy to say I will be playing my 3rd SPT in a row now.

Really looking forward to playing an SPT with a better structure than the 1 days, and with it being a bounty hunter, I only need 2 bounties to make a profit (£100 of bounties, £40 for Frosty, £60 for me). Really I'm going for my 2nd hendon mob flag though ;)
  • edited June 2012
    Paul,
    I think you just told us the seat was between £21 & £39 lol

Hope both of you make more than that though, you need some compensation for the horrendous run you have been having. I would love to make it to 1 SPT let alone 3 in a row :-)
    Have a great time

Mike
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Tale Of 2 Bankrolls ----- Bring On SPT Blackpool!!:
    Paul, I think you just told us the seat was between £21 & £39 lol Hope both of you make more than that though, you need some compensation for the horrendous run you have been having. I would love to make it to 1 SPT let alone 3 in a row :-) Have a great time Mike
    Posted by Woogie8688
    How foolish of me lol, but I think you'll find it means I could have paid anywhere between £1 and £59 for the £60 to be a profit for me :p
  • edited June 2012
    nice ! well you have to take into consideration accomadtion and the food/bar bill )

good luck - run good m8'ty

• edited June 2012
    Nice one Paul you deserve it. I read your post on another thread (I think you will know which one I mean) and I'm glad it was you that got Frostys seat. I'll look forward to saying hi to you and Emma at SPT.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Tale Of 2 Bankrolls ----- Bring On SPT Blackpool!!:
    nice ! well you have to take into consideration accomadtion and the food/bar bill ) good luck - run good m8'ty
    Posted by rancid
    Me and Emma were already going anyway, regardless of if I qualified or not. Booked the hotel a while ago, only staying the Saturday night and got a room for the bargain price of £32.

Should be a good laugh anyway.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Tale Of 2 Bankrolls ----- Bring On SPT Blackpool!! : How foolish of me lol, but I think you'll find it means I could have paid anywhere between £1 and £59 for the £60 to be a profit for me :p
    Posted by Lambert180
    Both wrong lol
    Its between £31 & £59 m8 because if it was any less you would only require 1 Bounty to be in profit!! 
    But who cares your going so have fun :-)
  • edited June 2012

Played four, won two, lost two...

Against an aggro player, I kinda think it's impossible to win long-term in those hypers. A 3-bet in the first level commits you to the pot with any Ace... Just from those few games I can suggest a couple of adjustments you can make that I think might improve your game. Nothing major, just one or two things I think you can tidy up. If you're interested I can PM you.

There's a serious gap in the structures of HU SnG's on Sky, isn't there?

Hypers: 500 chips, 2min blinds
    Turbos: 1000 chips, 2 min blinds
    Regulars: 1500 chips, 10 min blinds

That's a fair old leap between turbos and regulars. Where are the 1000/1500 chips with 5 min blinds? You can either have fast, really fast or really slow... Weird.

• edited June 2012
    Played four, won two, lost two... Against an aggro player, I kinda think it's impossible to win long-term in those hypers. A 3-bet in the first level commits you to the pot with any Ace... Just from those few games I can suggest a couple of adjustments you can make that I think might improve your game. Nothing major, just one or two things I think you can tidy up. If you're interested I can PM you. There's a serious gap in the structures of HU SnG's on Sky, isn't there? Hypers: 500 chips, 2min blinds Turbos: 1000 chips, 2 min blinds Regulars: 1500 chips, 10 min blinds That's a fair old leap between turbos and regulars. Where are the 1000/1500 chips with 5 min blinds? You can either have fast, really fast or really slow... Weird.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    To be fair, that's not exactly a full description of events and I think this session was evidence of being able to beat an aggro player.

I'd say you were pretty aggro, we played 4 games against each other, in 3 of the games the decisive hand where we got it all in I was 70%+ favourite, and the other game when we got it in, it was a flip with me as favourite (holding the PP). The fact you happened to bink a 2 in the JJ v 22 does not mean suddenly the games are unbeatable, I did get it in as a favourite for stacks in 4/4 games.

Also, the fact you can't fold after 3betting is because your 3bets were ridiculously big. If I raise to 50, there is absolutely no benefit to raising to 170 at all, a raise to 120 does exactly the same job and does allow you to 3bet/fold. When you 3bet to 1/3 of your stack, you only have yourself to blame for putting yourself in a spot where you can't fold any Ace.

3bets do not commit you in level 1 at all. Most people min-raise because it gets the job done just as well and with such a short stack makes much more sense. So when someone makes it 40, I can happily 3bet to 100 (leaving myself 400 behind) and fold/shove to 4bets, depending on my hand and my opponent, or if he flats, continue as normal, but more than capable of folding post-flop and still having 20BB behind.
  • edited June 2012
    Now I've got that out the way, gotta update on today's happenings...

I didn't play any Hypers tonight because I was at my local pub game, although it wasn't much of a game. By 8:30pm there was only 2 of us there, so we agreed to just play a quick £5 HU game while we wait for others, crushed him in that so was a fiver up. Still no-one there, but the other guy managed to convince a third guy (random pub go-er) to take part but as he was not very good he only wanted to play a £5 BI and no rebuys, so we did that and winner gets £15.

That one didn't go too well, couple of outdraws and got bluffed off a hand where I gave the guy too much respect obviously. Ended up on about 11BB, shoved from the button with Q9s... the third guy who was an idiot tanks and then flat calls for about 80% of his stack with 96off lol, the other guy has us both covered by quite alot so he sticks the guy all in with A4s. Flop comes a xx9 and I'm loving it, then it comes runner runner for 96 guy to hit a straight lol. So I'm out and he very quickly donks off his chips to the better player. So lost a fiver there, so break even for the night, not bad for a good night out.

On the subject of hypers, I did play some this morning, I played 32 and won 16 for a loss of £8. Still running pretty bad and JJ has watched me on Joinme so can confirm this. Testing my patience here to keep doing things right and still keep getting outdrawn... this runbad has now been going on for about 300 games... can't go on much longer.

=======================
    Sky Games Played:     673
    Sky Profit/Loss:       -£83.25
    Poker Points:               2082    (£24.98)

=======================

========================

I've now passed the 2000 poker points mark so jumped up to £24+ in C4P. My belief in my ability was slightly starting to waiver with how bad my results have been but I've got my head back on track and I know I'm making all the right moves and it's just variance. I still have complete faith I can finish the month in profit, even if it requires some C4P to get me over the line.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Tale Of 2 Bankrolls ----- Bring On SPT Blackpool!! : To be fair, that's not exactly a full description of events and I think this session was evidence of being able to beat an aggro player. I'd say you were pretty aggro, we played 4 games against each other, in 3 of the games the decisive hand where we got it all in I was 70%+ favourite, and the other game when we got it in, it was a flip with me as favourite (holding the PP). The fact you happened to bink a 2 in the JJ v 22 does not mean suddenly the games are unbeatable, I did get it in as a favourite for stacks in 4/4 games. Also, the fact you can't fold after 3betting is because your 3bets were ridiculously big. If I raise to 50, there is absolutely no benefit to raising to 170 at all, a raise to 120 does exactly the same job and does allow you to 3bet/fold. When you 3bet to 1/3 of your stack, you only have yourself to blame for putting yourself in a spot where you can't fold any Ace. 3bets do not commit you in level 1 at all. Most people min-raise because it gets the job done just as well and with such a short stack makes much more sense. So when someone makes it 40, I can happily 3bet to 100 (leaving myself 400 behind) and fold/shove to 4bets, depending on my hand and my opponent, or if he flats, continue as normal, but more than capable of folding post-flop and still having 20BB behind.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Well, I wasn't using those four games specifically as evidence that the game can't be beaten against an aggro player, rather that my feeling from those was that they couldn't because of the way I'd expect them to play. Four games is far too small a specimen to use as an example. You're right that my 3-bets were big and I wasn't exactly treating it as a serious exercise in profit making.

Incidentally, the reason why my 3-bets were so big: On the first hand, you opened to 50 and I wanted to 3-bet to 150, so that's what I typed in and, of course, it made it 170. The next time round it came to me and I think "I'd better make it the same" so type in 170... of course that made it 190: What a muppet, lol.

As for when I could fold, it depends on the range I put you on after 3-betting. So shallow, I wouldn't fold an Ace or a pair mainly because I'd assume that you were going to be very aggro on the button. So while 3-bet/folding with an ace would be possible, the reason I said I wouldn't was that I'd expect my opponent to be too aggressive and therefore the fold wouldn't be profitable. The reason you were favourite in those circumstances was that you picked up AQ when I had A2 and JJ when I had 22. Since they were the first hands in the first two games, I assumed that you were playing as aggressively as I'd expected them to be played so I was beating your range as I saw it. See my PM about that for a bit more detail.

I'm absolutely certain that the game can be beaten against alot of players at that level. The reason I don't think it can be beaten against an aggro player is that, because of the 5% rake, you'll need to get it in as more than a 55% favourite against them on a regular basis. That excludes coolers because those will benefit your opponent as often as they benefit you. A decent 3-betting range for an aggro player is going to be any pair, any Ace a QT+ and probably most Kings. After 3-betting they're going to find it tricky to lay most of that range down but you'll have to lay down alot of your opening hands... It will be really difficult to get it in as a significant favourite on a frequent enough basis to beat the rake, mainly because they won't give you enough hands to do that in the early levels.

I'm sure you'd need to take notes about your opponents' opening and 3-betting range in these.

Anyway, no offence was intended. I would think that variance is going to be a pain in the backside in these but I think over the long-term you can win. There have got to be enough poor/passive players to beat the rake.
  • edited June 2012
    I might edit this reply later when I have a bit more time but here's quick replies to what I can remember from your post...

I dont't wanna give too much info away about my game but here's some thoughts on what you said.

As I'm sure you are aware, knowing your opponent in HU is absolutely vital and while I haven't played against you much (and never at HU), I knew from what I've seen you post on the forum (especially on the topic of Hypers) that you were gonna start out super aggro. So the first 2 hands in them 2 games, when I had AQ and JJ... I knew you would most likely be piling on the aggression from the very start to get a head start. I usually ALWAYS min-raise in these, but because it was you I thought I'd make it 50 instead, because I was expecting you to 3bet the button alot, and that would force your 3bet to be a bit bigger, and so when I shove there would be more for me to pick up uncontested (didn't think you'd call). By the way, I'm never happy getting in 25BB in the very first hand with 22 or A2.

I am aggressive on the button and against most players will be min-raising virtually 100% of buttons, but again it comes back to knowing your player, and I obviously tighten up my raising range if I know people will 3bet alot because alot of people won't ever 3bet/fold.

I also don't entirely agree that levels 1 and 2 are the key, granted they are certainly the times in the game when you have the most 'play', but against the right players, the blinds going up is brilliant. Some players look purely at their hand and not notice the size of their stack in comparison to the blinds and so realise they should obviously be shoving/calling wider with 7BB. So many people don't realise this and will happily fold to a jam, fold to the button, fold to a jam, and so on, at 20/40 or 25/50 where doing that just 3-4 times is gonna make the stacks like 700 v 300 in your favour.

"The reason I don't think it can be beaten against an aggro player is that, because of the 5% rake, you'll need to get it in as more than a 55% favourite against them on a regular basis. That excludes coolers because those will benefit your opponent as often as they benefit you. A decent 3-betting range for an aggro player is going to be any pair, any Ace a QT+ and probably most Kings."

I know it's a small sample, but I got it in against you as 55% and 70%+ (3 times) favourite in the 4 games, and these were not coolers at all. It is not a cooler to get A2 v AQ in the first hand, you simply should not be getting A2 all in pre in the first hand.

You need to get constant 3betting out of your head, you just don't have the stacks and are gonna be called by ATC so often it's unreal. Keep it low variance. Say for example, I min-raise the button to 40, you pick up 55 and decide to 3bet to 100 (a good size), when I fold, ok you've won 40 which is a nice addition to your stack when we're only 500 deep, but if I call you're ALWAYS in trouble. Suddenly you're playing 55 OOP when the board is likely to come 3 overcards and I will ALWAYS have either 2 overcards to 55 or a bigger PP.

Again everything I say is massively opponent dependent, I will do one thing with 77 against one player and do something completely different against another player if they play differently.
  • edited June 2012
    . The reason you were favourite in those circumstances was that you picked up AQ when I had A2 and JJ when I had 22. Since they were the first hands in the first two games, I assumed that you were playing as aggressively as I'd expected them to be played so I was beating your range as I saw it.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    You're much better off shoving these hands than making a regular 3bet. 

Unless you had reads that Paul is a total spewman with a high opening frequency and a reluctance to ever fold to a 3b, & with the potential to 4b bluff shove a high % of the time, then it's far better to jam these hands.

It's better to to make non all in 3bets with hands which play well post flop when he peels in position.

I can't think of 2 hands that play worse post flop against his 3b peeling range than A2 and pocket 2s......

You can fold out a ton of his range that has 45%+ equity against your hands here by just jamming.

Depending on the levels (I assume it's level 1 if he's opening to 50) I'd lean towards a fold pre with the A2o and a jam pre with the 2's, but that's because I know he's playing a pretty solid game and wont be getting out of line much. 

Looks like the sizes are too big from both, everytime I've watched Paul play he normally opens the minimum in level 1. I'm not sure if he made an adjustment to open to 50? But against a standard min raise open from a competent/solid player, a 3b to 95 is fine, if you're going to try and balance your range abit, and leave him room to jam light, so we can induce, and bluff, as well as get value from worse and play flops. 

Making it 120+ narrows his options really to shove/fold, and his jams are rarely/should rarely ever be bluffs as he should have minimal fold equity. 

Hope you continue to play a few of these, it's good to get fresh ideas in the clinic, normally don't get many contributions on clinic hyper threads.

If you wanna play a few £1 games, best of 5/7 for abit of practise/get some HH's today I'll be around all afternoon from around 2pm. Post here or player search me. 

• edited June 2012
    I stand by my play. Shoving for your 10BB with A5 is standard. Because you had 44 doesn't make that wrong. Getting 12BB in with top pair, 8 kicker isn't wrong. So you had a 10 kicker; that's how it goes.

As for tha A2, it's pretty well the right move to 3-bet against a wide opening range. Once I make it 150, 170, whatever I can't fold. Making it 120 would have offerred you the chance to call and play in position against me. That's not too bad, since I have the betting lead but I'd just need to shove almost any flop and hope you've missed it. That's not ideal.

I made it 170, so 330 to call to win 670? I only have to be ahead of a small portion of your range to make it right because against most of your range I'll be 2.3/1. I actually imagine you'd 4-bet with KQ, KJ, maybe KT or QJ. You may even shove with weaker hands if you perceive me as being super-aggro. So that's the right call after the 3-bet.

With the 22, it's again about the pot odds. Yeah, I can be 20/80 there, but far more often you'll have two overs. Again, with pot odds of 310/690, I can't fold. The same is true if I made it the 150 I'd have liked to.

In both cases, if the 3-bet is right, then so is the call. If you have a wide opening range, then the 3-bet must be right. You're saying you do have a wide opening range, just as you should. If you fold either one of those hands, I gain a 55/45 chip lead in one hand by making a pretty standard heads-up 3-bet. I was unlucky that you had the hands you did but that doesn't mean I misplayed the hands. The alternative is to call out of position with two hands that are ahead of your range pre-flop, but probably won't be after the flop. The fact is that against a player like me, you'd need to be aggro when you're this short or the blinds will eat you up. If we're both aggro, then hands like these two are going to happen and the cards will decide who wins.

Edited to prove I can add up. lol
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Tale Of 2 Bankrolls ----- Bring On SPT Blackpool!! : You're much better off shoving these hands than making a regular 3bet.  Unless you had reads that Paul is a total spewman with a high opening frequency and a reluctance to ever fold to a 3b, & with the potential to 4b bluff shove a high % of the time, then it's far better to jam these hands. It's better to to make non all in 3bets with hands which play well post flop when he peels in position. I can't think of 2 hands that play worse post flop against his 3b peeling range than A2 and pocket 2s...... You can fold out a ton of his range that has 45%+ equity against your hands here by just jamming. Depending on the levels (I assume it's level 1 if he's opening to 50) I'd lean towards a fold pre with the A2o and a jam pre with the 2's, but that's because I know he's playing a pretty solid game and wont be getting out of line much.  Looks like the sizes are too big from both, everytime I've watched Paul play he normally opens the minimum in level 1. I'm not sure if he made an adjustment to open to 50? But against a standard min raise open from a competent/solid player, a 3b to 95 is fine, if you're going to try and balance your range abit, and leave him room to jam light, so we can induce, and bluff, as well as get value from worse and play flops.  Making it 120+ narrows his options really to shove/fold, and his jams are rarely/should rarely ever be bluffs as he should have minimal fold equity.  Hope you continue to play a few of these, it's good to get fresh ideas in the clinic, normally don't get many contributions on clinic hyper threads. If you wanna play a few £1 games, best of 5/7 for abit of practise/get some HH's today I'll be around all afternoon from around 2pm. Post here or player search me. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I'd never shove 25BB over 2.5BB with a premium heads-up hand so I can't shove these hands that are beating his range, but not crushing it. The range of hands you'd do this with would be far too obvious.

In either case if he had peeled my 3-bet, not only would I have been surprised given the size of it, I would view it as extremely exploitable... I'd just shove any flop, expecting that he'll miss 2/3 of the time. If he's peeling with big hands, okay the first couple of times he'd get my stack, but that's something that's pretty easy to adapt to. So 2/3 times I'd take 30% of his stack, and of those 1/3 times that he hits, I'm allowed to hit some of the time too.

That's how I see the hands anyway. I'm sure you can understand why I think two solid players are going to struggle to beat the rake playing each other. I think you really need to have massive edges at these levels to make a profit. You might not agree but I hope my logic is clear.
  • edited June 2012
    Got a few games in this afternoon, more just for fun than anything. Had some games against IDONKCALLU, best of 5 on Turbos and best of 5 on Hypers. I did win both of them 3-1 but to be fair he did get more than his fair share of coolers like jamming into me in a hyper with AQ and me waking up with AK. It was only small stakes, so the total profit made was £5.40 but every little helps at the moment, and I got a few more poker points.

=======================
    Sky Games Played:     681
    Sky Profit/Loss:       -£77.85
    Poker Points:               2090    (£25.08)

=======================

========================

The second laptop we ordered arrived today :) will post up a picture on the diary later when I get round to taking one. I don't know that much about computers but Emma does and she's happy lol. It's an I3, has 6Mb of RAM, and a 17.3" screen. Should be able to get some more games in later
  • edited June 2012
    welldone paul u played well a few coolers but with blinds going up so quick nothing u can do good game :)
  • edited June 2012
    After discussing something with a mate, I've come to a very horrible conclusion.

This month I have played 681 games, and 5% rake (25p) that means I've paid £170.25 in rake.

Now if I played on 'another site' where the rake is 2% (10p), I would have paid £68.10

This is a discrepancy of £102.15 which means that instead of being £77.85 DOWN for the month, I would actually be £24.10 UP.

How I can ignore such a glaring difference in profits, even with my C4P @ £25, that still leaves me £75 worse off. I'm going to continue for the rest of June because I've earned a good bit of C4P and it'll only increase and increase in pence per point, the more I play. But sadly, at the end of June I may need to make a very horrible decision that I didn't really want to.

Paul
  • edited June 2012
    After discussing something with a mate, I've come to a very horrible conclusion. This month I have played 681 games, and 5% rake (25p) that means I've paid £170.25 in rake. Now if I played on 'another site' where the rake is 2% (10p), I would have paid £68.10 This is a discrepancy of £102.15 which means that instead of being £77.85 DOWN for the month, I would actually be £24.10 UP. How I can ignore such a glaring difference in profits, even with my C4P @ £25, that still leaves me £75 worse off. I'm going to continue for the rest of June because I've earned a good bit of C4P and it'll only increase and increase in pence per point, the more I play. But sadly, at the end of June I may need to make a very horrible decision that I didn't really want to. Paul
    Posted by Lambert180

if you are worrying about rake, then you need to look at aspects of your game to improve...good luck,maybe for a small fee i could give you lessons.. :)
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Tale Of 2 Bankrolls ----- Bring On SPT Blackpool!! : if you are worrying about rake, then you need to look at aspects of your game to improve...good luck,maybe for a small fee i could give you lessons.. :)
    Posted by djblacke04
    what a totally clueless naive reply...

why play somewhere where they charge 5% rake when u can play the exact same games for 2% rake.

eg 2000 games at £5.25 at 2% rake you will be instantly £300 better off than playing 2000 games at 5% rake.
  • edited June 2012
    i know what you mean paul. if you buy any product in a shop and you found it cheaper elsewhere you would buy it there instead. been considering my options for a while myself. gl in what ever decision you make.  phil
  • edited June 2012
    So we've got our 2 laptops up and running now, it's good cos I can play my Hypers while Emma does her DYMs. To be honest, I think she's sick of them, but she said she'd play 100 so that's what she's gonna do. I broke the depressing news to her today of why it seems to be taking forever to get through them compared to her last 100 games (hypers) cos in the time it takes to play 100 Hypers, she'd have only played about 10 DYMs.

Anyway, was an ok session tonight, a small winning one at least, and at the moment I'm just trying to string together a few winning sessions. I played 18 games and won 10 of them for a £5.50 profit. Slowly reducing that big red number, and earning poker points along the way.

=======================
    Sky Games Played:     699
    Sky Profit/Loss:       -£72.35
    Poker Points:               2144    (£25.73)

=======================

========================

I notice we aint had any ROI challenge up dates recently. Please don't lay off the updates for fear of making me depressed lol... it'll be something nice to look back at when I dig my way out of the hole :)

Either that or just no-one has been playing... can we get an update.
  • edited June 2012
    So if you continue playing on Sky at the same rate as you have this month for a whole year, you'll pay an extra £2.5k in rake. That sounds like alot to me.

That's just an approximate number but it's based on 10p v 25 p and assuming you maintain 700 or so games for the next two weeks and also maintain that rate for the year. It's a pretty hefty number though. Can you afford to miss out on £2.5k in a year?