You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Tale Of 2 Bankrolls ----- Targets For June:
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Tale Of 2 Bankrolls ----- Targets For June : I think you've got the wrong thread lol, I don't really play DYMs, so can't really speak much about them. You can obviously make alot of money grinding lots of tables and decent stakes but I dunno if you'd really wanna put yourself through hammering them lol.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yer prob too tired m8 I know u do HU lol Dohh
  • edited June 2012
    For my stupity of posting about the DYM and yes was thinking about the DYM challange posting, I tried the hyp £5 which please to say I won but the other player wasnt too dificult.
     I imagine the quality is usualy a lot higher was fun as I dont like the DYM anyway I find them boring lol But I can also see the HU play has a major advantage for MTT for FT so I may try some more :)
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Tale Of 2 Bankrolls ----- Targets For June : I wouldn't go as far as calling myself a "Genius" but I have been know to of worked out some pretty advanced equations in the past and may be able to assist. There are many variables missing that we would need before we can accurately collate the emergence of these types of players with a view to working out the direct and indirect effect it has on the "Pot Odds", "Variance" and "Chance". A factor you have mentioned is them losing "In the long run" so to get an accurate figure we will need to run this over a trial test of 5,000,000 hands. This should be easy if we work together to formulate a basic reading before delving into the more advanced stuff. Ok, so with this in mind I need the 3 variables that will help me get a base reading on these "Bingo Players". If someone has the information we can move on to seeing how it effects us. Here is the information I require: 1- Are they using dabbers or a standard pen to mark their cards? (No need to specify if its felt tip or standard ink) 2- Are they playing a book of 6 or single tickets? 3- Are we looking at standard "One Line", "Two Line" and "Full House" players or the more diverse and may I add abnormal "4 Corner" and "Pattern" type players? As soon as I have all the info I will get to work and we can actually get to the bottom of how to deal with these people.  I look forward to getting started.
    Posted by MyZo

Guys its me......

I think there may be a problem with my PMs because my replies from you havent come through and theres nothing on here to me???  Ohhhhhhh you may of wanted us to keep our work quiet..... I get ya.... Sorry, ile email you from now on.....

Anyway.....

Im not sure how you have been getting on but ive been struggling. The Bingo players are SO secretive. Ive visited 6 clubs over the weekend and they haven't been interested in speaking to me. Ive tried to mingle, I even bought my own dabber (Thats the special pens they use) mine was red but ive threw it out now because I left it in my chinos and my mum washed them and now ive got a big red patch in the crotch where it leaked. I didnt realise until I went into greggs and the woman behind the counter started screaming because she thought I had been shot. I tried to explain to her that if I had been involved in a drive by type incident then the first thing on my mind wouldn't be a hot sausage roll but she wouldnt listen and just kept screaming. She didnt even know the answers to the bingo questions.... Strange woman!

Well anyway, they tried to avoid my questions in the bingo hall but I did corner one woman called Vera during the mid session interval and she slipped up and gave us our first clue. Now I am still looking into this but she said that during that game she was waiting for two fat ladies.... Now I dont know quite what they have to do with it but she seemed really upset that they never came. I think they may be involved in bringing the bingo players over to play poker so if we are going to figure out how to beat them, we need to find these large women.

One worrying thing is that they seem trained to focus on a really narrow range. I couldnt get anyone to confirm it but they only seem interested in Full Houses.... Infact some of the more boystrous ones kept shouting it out. They are trained to get FULL HOUSES.... How amazing is that! No wonder they keep winning on here, they dont even seem to care about top pair ect...

Right guys, keep your chins up because we are getting somewhere.... If we work hard and stick together we will beat these Bingo Players....

I will try and figure out why I havent been getting your PMs and as soon as I have any more info I will let you know.

Stay Strong
  • edited June 2012
    Just thought I let you know I gave the DYM a mini go today because of you lol only played 1 DYM and 1 Scary cashed in the DYM and min cash in the scary. I know Tommyd plays a lot of STG I assume its at the £50+ level because it does seam hard to build any decent C4P on them. No different to the MTT very hard to build a decent C4P. I suppose you would need to be playing 8/10 DYM tables at once at higher stakes to make any decent points but the risks are lower just wondered what you thought as I do need to rebuild my bankroll at mo and was thinking maybe the £11 would be a good option.
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    I can confirm multi tabling DYMs at the £55+ level is good for points.

However grinding DYMs is not for everyone.  You have to be able to turn off most of your brain, in particular 1)  Your creative side and 2)  your emotional side.

If you can turn yourself into a medieval village idiot like me then they are perfect for you.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Tale Of 2 Bankrolls ----- Targets For June : I can confirm multi tabling DYMs at the £55+ level is good for points. However grinding DYMs is not for everyone.  You have to be able to turn off most of your brain, in particular 1)  Your creative side and 2)  your emotional side. If you can turn yourself into a medieval village idiot like me then they are perfect for you.
    Posted by TommyD
    i live in a town,so do i qualify?
    :-)
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    Tommy I Live in the country so wiiiii I am almost there and as you have played me you know

1 Mrb is a pure luck box with no brain 

2 Mr b is as creative as a politician giving excuses for why we should give more of our money to the banks

3 Mr b would love to have the skill of a village idiot after posting on wrong thread lol

Do I qualify tommy lol but on a serious note thank you and yes it is the problem I find dyn very boring but when I have played them unfortunately I do ok but don't enjoy but as mentioned on a bad variance run I even flopped 2 pair Agaisnt you and somehow when I was looking at another table you managed to sneak a ace in to kill my hand lol also best of luck tommy in Vegas 
    Thank you  from the official sky village idiot.
  • edited June 2012
    i find dyms multitabling a hard grind but multitabling good tho u are on auto pilot all the time feel like a robot if u like playing hands and dnt like to fold dyms is not for u lol
  • edited June 2012
    Thanks Donk I am searching my poker dictionary for that word fold but the page seams to be torn out lol

Lambert played 4 more HU £5 won 3 out 4 but the only problem I am getting is they wont do a rematch with me not one of them do I smell lol I would love to give you a game so you can show me how bad I realy am if you up for it? Off to herbal docs in Edinburgh now so will be back at the tables latter.
  • edited June 2012
    Thanks Donk I am searching my poker dictionary for that word fold but the page seams to be torn out lol Lambert played 4 more HU £5 won 3 out 4 but the only problem I am getting is they wont do a rematch with me not one of them do I smell lol I would love to give you a game so you can show me how bad I realy am if you up for it? Off to herbal docs in Edinburgh now so will be back at the tables latter.
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    Yeah alot of people don't like to rematch, although every now and then you get a really bad player that will play all day long... they're good lol.

Yeah I'd be up for giving you a game. I'm good but I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a huge edge against you because you're not stupid, you playing tourneys and know your stuff. Most people just don't understand that when it's 20/40, 25/50, 30/60 how short they are, and how wide the should be shoving/calling.
  • edited June 2012

Going to try and post and update using the beta version of scope, just to see if it copies ok. And also a slight brag that my form has picked up.

• edited June 2012

Player

Count

Av P

Av BI

Av roi

Profit
    Longest W 
    Longest L

splashies
    SkyPoker
    £0.16
    £3
    5.2%
    £61.05
    DOHHHHHHH
    SkyPoker
    -£0.35
    £7.43
    3.3%
    -£32.95
    Lambert180
    SkyPoker
    £0.07
    £5
    1.4%
    £23
    Groups
    Columns
  • edited June 2012
    Interesting that I have the longest winning streak but also the longest losing streak. Been getting a bit annoyed with the amount of races/flips etc that I've been losing over the last 100 games. It's not getting me down and I'll just be playing through it, but just annoying to see your profits diminish through no fault of your own.

Didn't get round to posting last night's results last night cos I was knackered when I finished. I'll do it today, with the results of a (hopefully) winning session today. But you can see from Splashies post anyway how many games I've played and my profit/loss so yeah.

I'm due another 12 win streak I think ;)
  • edited June 2012
    I enjoyed our few games last night even if you did manage to win a couple lol Let me know when you have got your winning streak out of the way and I will play you again!
  • edited June 2012
    Yeah I enjoyed our games Mr B, there are definitely some pros and cons to player better players (like yourself). Obviously there are more cons, but because good players give me no respect for my shoves (rightly so), it means you can get called by hansd your crushing when you actually pick up a hand.

I'd still rather play bad players obviously. So often when it gets to like 20/40 or 25/50 it will go something like this jam/fold, jam/fold, jam/fold, then I pick up AA (or something good) I jam again thinking, they're gonna be well sick of this now and call cos they know I can't always have a hand... No they just fold down to 3BBs instead lol.

One guy the other day, limp/folded from a 3BB stack lol.
  • edited June 2012
    Thank but way to kind we all know I am just a luck box lol I had the same with a player but he was down to 2 bb and min raise I push he folds why isn't everybody like this it would be gravey lol
  • edited June 2012
    Ok so here's how things went the last 2 days...

Last night I played 54 games and won 26 for a loss of £23.50

Then today I played 48 games and won 26 for a profit of £8.00

=======================
    Sky Games Played:     356
    Sky Profit/Loss:       +£21.00
    Poker Points:               1123    (£11.23)

=======================

??? Games Player:     48
    ??? Profit/Loss:        -$55.90
    ========================

So frustrating that my profits are dwindling away a bit, when I know I'm playing well. I know this horrid run of luck will not last forever, just gotta keep playing through it. Still gonna be £42+ up in C4P by the end of my 1000 games, and still think I can get back to £100+ profit for the month.
  • edited June 2012
    I couldn't help myself, I decided to get a few more games in before I go to bed. Played 8 more games and won 5 of them for £8 profit.

=======================
    Sky Games Played:     364
    Sky Profit/Loss:       +£29.00
    Poker Points:               1147    (£11.47)

=======================

========================

By the way Splashies, I liked whatever form of Sharkscope you were using that showed more accurate ROIs and profit and stuff rather than rounded to whole numbers.

• edited June 2012
    I couldn't help myself, I decided to get a few more games in before I go to bed. Played 8 more games and won 5 of them for £8 profit. ======================= Sky Games Played:     364 Sky Profit/Loss:       +£29.00 Poker Points:               1147    (£11.47) ======================= ??? Games Player:     48 ??? Profit/Loss:        -$55.90 ======================== By the way Splashies, I liked whatever form of Sharkscope you were using that showed more accurate ROIs and profit and stuff rather than rounded to whole numbers.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yeh and i can custom the data it shows too. Like last time i showed best W and L streak. Will choose some diff data next time. I'm not playing today so can do an update late Sunday or Monday. Hopefully JJ will have racked up a few more games by then.
  • edited June 2012
    Sounds good Splashies (what's your real name btw?).

I'm aiming to get to the 500 game mark by the end of tomorrow. Looking to smash the 1000 games if possible.

I'm sure JJ will catch up soon... any more bank holidays in June? ;)
  • edited June 2012
    I'll be rolled for the £1s soon, when I am I'll be playing all the time.

Micros aren't as scary, takes me a full hour to lose a tenner. 
  • edited June 2012
    Sounds good Splashies (what's your real name btw?). I'm aiming to get to the 500 game mark by the end of tomorrow. Looking to smash the 1000 games if possible. I'm sure JJ will catch up soon... any more bank holidays in June? ;)
    Posted by Lambert180

It's Martyn

Lol gl JJ 
  • edited June 2012
    Got a few more games in tonight, not quite as many as planned but still a good session. I've noticed my sessions are getting longer and longer (in a good way), I'm now referring to 39 game session as pretty small.

So anyway, things seemed a bit more back to normal tonight, some good luck going my way when I got it in 88 v A7 and flopped quads, and then other times not so much like when I get 77 in pre against QQ and he flops quads lol. But I think overall it was pretty even tonight, not too many horrible beats given or received.

I played 39 games tonight and won 22 of them for a £15.25 profit :)

=======================
    Sky Games Played:     403
    Sky Profit/Loss:       +£44.25
    Poker Points:               1264    (£12.64)

=======================

========================

So that leaves me with 97 games to play tomorrow if I wanna reach half way by the end of tomorrow. Not completely unreasonable, I've done sessions around that length before. Glad to see my ROI is back above 2% :)
  • edited June 2012
    Good luck with the tables great result with todays run 
  • edited June 2012

Player
     Pld Av Pro Av BIAv roi 
    Profit
    Pld/Day Tot Rake

DOHHHHHHH
    SkyPoker
    £0.14
    £7.6
    8%
    £15.75
    £42.25
    splashies
    SkyPoker
    £0.16
    £3
    5%
    £67.5
    £64.5
    Lambert180
    SkyPoker
    -£0.08
    £5
    -1.4%
    -£36.75
    £122
    Groups
    Columns
  • edited June 2012
    Here are the corresponding graphs

I take it you had a bad session yesterday Paul? Are you still 2 tabling them?

Iv tried to 2 table hypers in the past and its been fine for a certain period of time, but a bad session always turned into a horrible session.

I just 1 table hypers now and add an mtt or 2 at the same time. My main focus being on the hyper.

• edited June 2012
    Lol I think bad session is one way of describing it. There was a tiny bit of tilt involved towards the end but it was mostly just multiple rematches against a complete luckbox. So frustrating, what's your policy in those kinda situations, a really bad player that you are miles better than but is running like god... do you keep playing them knowing you're better than them and it can't last forever.

On reflection, i think that because the edge in these is fairly small even when you're miles better than the opponent, facing someone who is seriously running good no matter how bad they are, is just too hard a task.

I chose to play on against the bad opponent and just proceeded to get luckboxed in possibly the worst night of bad beats I've ever experienced in poker.

Last night I felt completely sick and for a bit of this morning too, but I've got my head back in a better place now and I know that it's definitely not a big enough hit that's gonna hold me back from making an overall profit for the month. I suspect I won't win the ROI challenge now, I certainly wouldn't wish a session like mine on either of you but oh well, guess I'll be having a silly avatar for 2 weeks lol.
  • edited June 2012
    Lol I think bad session is one way of describing it. There was a tiny bit of tilt involved towards the end but it was mostly just multiple rematches against a complete luckbox. So frustrating, what's your policy in those kinda situations, a really bad player that you are miles better than but is running like god... do you keep playing them knowing you're better than them and it can't last forever. On reflection, i think that because the edge in these is fairly small even when you're miles better than the opponent, facing someone who is seriously running good no matter how bad they are, is just too hard a task. I chose to play on against the bad opponent and just proceeded to get luckboxed in possibly the worst night of bad beats I've ever experienced in poker. Last night I felt completely sick and for a bit of this morning too, but I've got my head back in a better place now and I know that it's definitely not a big enough hit that's gonna hold me back from making an overall profit for the month. I suspect I won't win the ROI challenge now, I certainly wouldn't wish a session like mine on either of you but oh well, guess I'll be having a silly avatar for 2 weeks lol.
    Posted by Lambert180

In terms of playing vs the same player. I'd probably just quit if they're running like God. Only on the basis that it'd inevitably effect my play. If you can say hand on heart, you're not playing any differently than at the beginning of the session, then carry on.

Try not to let short term variance get the better of you. In hypers, you can literally play 100 games, and win 95 of them. Just keep studying, working on your weaknesses, and try not to let your results effect how you play. 

Hope you run better

• edited June 2012
    Oh and yeah I am still 2tabling, and I know what ya mean, You can also sometimes get in the mindset that win 1, lose 1 is a slight loss, so you HAVE to win both games that you've got on the go to make profit.

I'm playing a few games now and only 1tabling just to ease myself back in.

Listened to some more of that poker mindset audio book and realised I need to treat every session as a fresh start, forget about the money I've lost and just be happy with each winning session and not think about what my BR used to be.

Another point but this is more about my game, I think I'm 3betting limpers too much when I have decent hands like K9 and finding myself in no man's land when they inevitably call everytime, I miss, and then don't know if I'm giving up and being weak cos I'm OOP or bluffing into a station who is gonna call with bottom pr
  • edited June 2012
    hi Paul,
    1 bad session m8 doesn,t make u a bad player...
    it,s unfortunate and as u say it hurts,trust me i know.£130 in 1 night remember.
    today,s a new day so try and win your nxt session today and i,m sure things will seem a little better.
    gl m8,
    :-)
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    Thanks everyone that posted in support. Don't worry, I'll get myself back on track, I AM going to finish this month in profit.

So I guess it's about time I post up the results of last night's catastrophe. 've explained what happened in my previous posts so ust in terms of stats... I played 83 games and only won 35 :( for an all time best loss of £85.75. Felt pretty brutal and I went to bed actually having a 'Don' moment and thinking abuot keeping track of how many 60/40s I've lost... then a split second later I realised it was ridiculous :)

Only way is to just get back on the horse, so I played 31 games earlier today, won 17 for a £7.25 profit. Slow and steady I'll get back in the black.

=======================
    Sky Games Played:     517
    Sky Profit/Loss:       -£34.25
    Poker Points:               1609    (£16.09)

=======================

========================

Bit sad to see for the first time in the month, I'm in the red, but I've been on many big swings throughout the month so far, and I'm sure there are more to come. On the bright side, I am more than 50% of the way through my games and earned £16+ in C4P so that's half my losses accounted for.