You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Aint posted in here in ages, been busy having some time with the family and helping to redecorate the house. Only poker I've been playing has been an SPT Brighton satellite every other day, the last of which ended horribly within 5 mins of starting (see my clinic post).

Will be back on here, grinding the HU games to fund some more satellites, but I've left myself with very little time to reach my targets now.
  • edited February 2012
    Got in a decent amount of volume tonight, about 30+ games of which were against Poker_Fail. Was a couple of Buy-ins up before him and then ended up just getting battered by the rake after we kept about level with each other in games.

Played = 658
    Won  =  354
    Profit/Loss = £59.95
    Win Rate = 53.8%

Poker Points = 922

Bit of a disappointing session in all, hopefully I'll run better against Fail next time.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert's Turbo Heads Up Journey! - Goals For Feb...:
    Got in a decent amount of volume tonight, about 30+ games of which were against Poker_Fail. Was a couple of Buy-ins up before him and then ended up just getting battered by the rake after we kept about level with each other in games. Played = 658 Won  =  354 Profit/Loss = £59.95 Win Rate = 53.8% Poker Points = 922 Bit of a disappointing session in all, hopefully I'll run better against Fail next time.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I scoped us again after the session, and we both have an average loss of about 15p against each other over 69 (wahey!) games, AKA the rake lol :/

Here's my graph vs you:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=33ym2v5&s=5

And your graph vs me:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=eqnfp2&s=5

Lol with a hint of "sigh"...
  • edited February 2012
    Yeah I know what ya mean, I should really stop playing you when there's so many idiots out there happy to play me.
  • edited February 2012
    like me play me im  DONK :)
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert's Turbo Heads Up Journey! - Goals For Feb...:
    like me play me im  DONK :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    If you don't like 4NL, you don't wanna play me at HU... I won't respect any of your raises lol
  • edited February 2012
    i just scoped myself what does AV .ROI got 205 % for me blimey 
  • edited March 2012
    Sadly, didnt meet any of my targets which is mostly down to only playing HU about 10 days of the month because I've been taking breaks and concentrating on SPT satellites. Finishing stats were:

Played = 658
    Won  =  354
    Profit/Loss = £59.95
    Win Rate = 53.8%

Poker Points = 922

I'm still gonna be playing SPT sats for the next couple of days until I either qualify or the seats run out, and know I'll be a little busy this month, so my targets for March are a little more modest, I wanna get the below stats:

Played = 1000+ (altogether, not just March)
    Won  =  354
    Profit/Loss = £100.00
    Win Rate = 55%+

Poker Points = 1000+

Will keep ya posted.
  • edited March 2012
    Felt sick at the end of this session, started off really well, got up to a profit of about £18, then through a combination of running bad and the odd bad move managed to dwindle that away and make a nice loss of £2.55. Forgot to update here with a couple of games I played the other day so my profit below has actually went up slightly because that was a winning session (just!)

Played = 700
    Won  =  376
    Profit/Loss = £60.80
    Win Rate = 53.7%

Poker Points = 114

I think I'm gonna take a break from these for a bit, because basically the SPT satellites have damaged my roll to the point where I don't feel happy playing these when they're so swingy and I can easily have a -£20 session from one session. So I'm gonna be playing cash for a bit because I know from experience I can grind up a roll from small amounts alot easier (and safer) there.

I will be back though!
  • edited March 2012
    I realised earlier that really this is my diary, and does not need to be for any on specific format, or indeed massively poker related. So it occured to me that, me stopping playing HU games for a bit is by no means an excuse to stop my diary.

Recently as ya know, I've been playing every single SPT satellite which has hurt my BR a bit and I'm not happy playing £3.15s with my current BR and don't wanna go lower due to the small returns I'll be making. So I've decided to go back to lurking between 4nl - 10nl. Already about £8 up of my first session, largely thanks to Poker_Fail donating to me again lol. Gonna try to just grind up my roll again so I can buy-in direct on the alternates (hopefully) and have it not hurt my BR too much, just need to be about 10+ buy-ins over the next 6-7 days...

In my personal life, I've been living with my mum for 6 months in Liverpool because me and Llamas were planning on moving here, and I've been working up here while we were getting things sorted back at home. But circumstances have change recently, and we've decided to stay in Oxford (well, Enstone in West Oxfordshire), so I've recently handed in my notice at Bupa, last day of work will be this Thursday (8th March), then I'll finally be back at home with the family.

Will be down for the SPT Brighton regardless of whether I get a seat or not so will be nice to meet a few of the Sky folks.

• edited March 2012
    Not a bad session all in, was about £3 down in the end, but I started out at 10NL, lost a buyin, didn't like the table so moved and went down to 4nl, and finished about 2BIs up. The hand below annoyed me a bit, the way it played I couldn't believe I was so far ahead when the cards turned over, and then to runner runner flush me, urgh. But oh well.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    davie-s Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £2.69
    portman Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £3.13
    Bignose78 Sit out        
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • A

Lambert180 Raise   £0.20 £0.26 £3.74
    Cahill125 Fold        
    davie-s Call   £0.18 £0.44 £2.51
    portman Fold        
    Flop

• J

davie-s Bet   £0.04 £0.48 £2.47
    Lambert180 Raise   £0.30 £0.78 £3.44
    davie-s Raise   £0.52 £1.30 £1.95
    Lambert180 Raise   £1.04 £2.34 £2.40
    davie-s All-in   £1.95 £4.29 £0.00
    Lambert180 Call   £1.17 £5.46 £1.23
    davie-s Show

Lambert180 Show
    • J
    • A

Turn

River

• Q

davie-s Win Flush to the Queen £5.05   £5.05
  • edited March 2012
    HU track record against Llamas

Lambert180 0 - 6 Llamas

Just thought I'd mention it :-D

x
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Day In The Life:
    http://www.deagostini.com.au/ilovehorses/
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    Have you lost the plot? lol
  • edited March 2012
    HU track record against Llamas Lambert180 0 - 6 Llamas Just thought I'd mention it :-D x
    Posted by Llamas
    Yeah thanks for that Emma! lol.

Once I saw on the forum main page that you'd posted on this thread, I KNEW you'd have posted up them results lol.
  • edited March 2012
    HU track record against Llamas Lambert180 0 - 6 Llamas Just thought I'd mention it :-D x
    Posted by Llamas
    haha thats more impressive then mine vs him which i think is about 8-3 or 4 :) i must try keep up the skillz of llama :) 
  • edited March 2012
    Right so rubdowns aside...

I'm enjoying being back at the cash tables, only played a little bit and managed to turn a massive profit of £2.15... See Fail, every penny counts!

Quite happy with that profit because when I'd just came back to cash I blew a buyin at 10NL through tilt so been good apart from that, only other losses over say 50BBs have been nasty outdraws where I've got it in good and that doesn't worry me too much.
  • edited March 2012
    jus messing with ya mate, was good games. would still rather play other ppl at 3.30 obviously goes without saying but was good games we had. I havent really played hu for a bit and other day lost in the comp :( 

Keep up the diary, run good and prob come accross you if ur lucky GL mate
  • edited March 2012
    Right so rubdowns aside... I'm enjoying being back at the cash tables, only played a little bit and managed to turn a massive profit of £2.15... See Fail, every penny counts! Quite happy with that profit because when I'd just came back to cash I blew a buyin at 10NL through tilt so been good apart from that, only other losses over say 50BBs have been nasty outdraws where I've got it in good and that doesn't worry me too much.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Still don't know how you can keep your sanity 1tabling NL4, hurry up and bink your SPT seat though ;)
  • edited March 2012
    Yeah they were good games against you YG, although yes I'd obviously rather play the people who are complete fish...like Fail lol.

I have a very high patience level, plus I keep myself busy by browsing the forum and talking to Emma online (while I aint living with her). But yeah did you not read above, I've decided to ditch playing the Sats, I just can't afford to keep playing them unless I wanna really hurt my BR, so I'm in the process of grinding up as much as possible in cash, then I'll try to get in on the day as an alternate or just play some side events.
  • edited March 2012
    Oh I read the last few but missed that bit :/

When you gonna be able to play more tables then?

Me, You3 tables @ £1.05 HU best of 31 games... BRING IT ON!
  • edited March 2012
    I fear the only winner there is gonna be rake and as much as I like Sky, I'd rather the money wasin my pocket than theres.
  • edited March 2012
    I was talking to my brother last night who has recently quit smoking and he said he's done it purely thanks to the help of Allen Carr's (not the camp comedian) quit smoking book. It sounds like a really interesting read, apparently it's all about changing your whole mindset, like if you want to quit you shouldn't think of it as giving something up, because it's not like you're forcing yourself to do something you don't want to (assuming you want to quit) and it's the that whole negative attitude that will make you fail. Likewise, apparently you shouldn't count the days/weeks/months you've quit because once you've done it, that's it, you're a non-smoker, and by counting it's like you're just seeing how long you can last knowing you'll be back on them at some point. I don't know that much about it anyway, only bits and bobs from my brother but it sounds great and I think I'm gonna give it a go.

Another thing my brother said, this Allen Carr said he did an experiment of saying to smokers, "if you give me £5000, I will buy all your cigarettes for you for the rest of your life", and no-one wanted to despite the fact an average person will spend £100,000 on them in their life. He was saying if it was anything else, like oferring to pay your mortgage for the rest of your life for £5,000 people would bite your hand off, but smokers just won't admit they're gonna spend that much.

Anyway, on a much happier and exciting note... Some of you may already know from having been on my facebook but if not, I'd like to announce that me and the Emma have decided to tie the proverbial knot in summer 2013. So I think congratulations are in order, I've bagged myself a lovely Llama!
  • edited March 2012
    Congrats, you've made DoH cry ;)
  • edited March 2012
    Took down my first tourney in absolutely yonks, was only the £1.10 - £20 guaranteed but it was a nice confidence boost, and was my first cash (and first win) as a squaddie. I absolutely crushed it, I was chip leader and had abuot 3 times more than 2nd place for about three quarters of the tourney.
    Lambert180 - £15.60 + 10 League Points
    ewee71 - £9.75 + 8 League Points
    masie - £5.85 + 6 League Points
    mag70 - £4.29 + 4 League Points
    rubberduk - £3.51 + 2 League Points

Was watching 865 the other day and saw the Brighton/Glasgow highlights, was nice to see the HU game between Jock and DTW getting a little slot.

So yeah gonna be trying to qualify for Cardiff (hopefully no bad beat/variance stories this time). Gave it my first go last night, I didn't even bother trying the £5 ones when I went for Brighton but I thought it makes sense to do it this time, got into the semi last night for £10 so saved £15 there, didn't get a seat but I made a major mistake (as people saw in the clinic), I need to really get it stuck in my head that I can allow myself to go alot lower than I think.
  • edited March 2012
    Jeez that was a sweat!

Playing my second £5.20 sat of the day into the Cardiff Semi tonight, 10 players, 2 seats. Got down to 3way with me as the a really short stack. Stacks we're about 3k, 9k, and 15k and blinds were about 400/800. Really give me a taste of how long bubble play can last in a satellite. My stack was up and down between 3k and about 9k, til eventually, button folded, SB limps (god knows why but he limped EVERY hand), I check with T2, flop is AK2, he jams for about 2.5k and I've got about 6 behind. I call cos I can't believe he wouldnt shove a 3BB stack pre with an Ace or a King, and he didn't he had 66 lol (still can't believe he didn't shove), gutted and thought I was back to 4k, binked a T on the river for 2pr and a seat in the Semi.

It really did teach me a lesson though in terms of how little you can come back from in these situations (at one point I think I had 2BBs). Hopefully I can take what I've learnt to get me a seat into Cardiff tonight for £10
  • edited March 2012
    Afternoon all,

I've been having a long hard think about my game and my aims recently, and have come to the conclusion that I've been hiding away from the one format of the game that I know will be the most profitable for me and will improve my game the most.

I've ditched that stupid DYM thing as it was just a spare of the moment thing. I've been searching round for ways to build a bankroll really quickly, which is only ever gonna result in going busto, when deep down I know there isn't really any way that is really quick and yet low risk.

So in conclusion, I'm going back to my old hunting ground of micro stakes cash. I know I do well at these levels but always used to get frustrated if I had a few losing sessions, but I've been reading/listening to an audio book about poker mentality and I think I'm in a better place now to stick to what I know is winning poker and stick the volume in to acheive the results I know I can get.

I'll be playing 4-6 tables, sessions no longer than 2 hours, usually 1 session a day, but occasionally maybe one in the morning and one in the evening. Estimating I'll play about 14 days of the month.

So at about 80 hands per hour x 4 tables (to be on the side safe with my calcs) x 2 hours X 14 days in the month will be just under 9000 hands, might just scrape to 10k hands if I do 2 sessions on the odd days, so I'm sure that will be enough hands to turn a profit at a level like 4NL where the edges are quite big.

I won't  be updating this ALL the time and boring you but I will give regular updates throughout April
  • edited March 2012
    Sticking to 4NL for a while, til I'm happy with how I'm playing again. Got my first session in, only managed an hour, cos I got other stuff to do tonight but I was 4tabling. Felt nice to be, and forgot how bad some of the play was at this level... for example

I made it 24p with AK UTG, cutoff jams for about £1, button calls for £1 (only has another £1 behind) so I just stick him in. I have AK, original jammer has TT and the button calls my jam with KJoff lol. So I got a flip and a side pot that I'm crushing.

Flop comes: 243

Turn: J  (bit annoying)

River: 5 (to bink the straight)

Profit/Loss: +£3.45
  • edited March 2012
    Just won free entry into the 12k Bountyhunter after a sweat with Poker_Fail that lasted about 2 hours!

Unlucky Fail, when it came down to it, it was complete luck really.
  • edited March 2012
    Well that was a really brutal session... multiple sets into straights, TPTKs into sets and such, but also some pretty bad moves from me too.

I'll be posting up some hands later after dinner, obviously ones where I'm not sure if I played it correctly as appose to just pure coolers.

Total Profit/Loss is now: -£17.29