You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Nice hands.  Congrats on the nice month as well. 

Remember!! If your serious about making poker work for you then you need to be looking for spots to take shots at 100-300nl imo. Please don't become a 50nl forever reg. Obv work within the bankroll though. Stick at it. inspiring thread. 

• edited April 2014
    Cheers.

Don't worry I've got no intention of being a 50NL reg forever, I've already been taking pretty regular shots at 100NL (as you can see from the hands above) for a lot of the month, and have played a little 200NL when I''ve seen good tables too.
  • edited April 2014
    Annoyingly I missed the £10.50 UKPC proper QF tonight, so regged the £10.50 UKPC Direct but it only got 2 runners so didn't run :( sigh.

So that left me forced to play the £2.60 UKPC all-in sats (I wouldn't have played if they didn't have overlay). Played and won my first one, played a 2nd and just missed out on another seat.

So I played the £48 Semi, ended up finishing 7th/20 with 4 seats up for grabs so a bit gutted there but only cost me £5.20. Discussed the exit hand and just some other general satellite strategy with Tommy afterwards though cos he crushes satellites on here, so hopefully that'll help me to lock up that UKPC seat sooner rather than later.

I didn't play much cash tonight, only like 4 tables, again a mix of 50NL and 100NL but went pretty decent and finished about +£200 so making a very decent dent in recovering a lot of what I lost on 'the bad weekend'.

Quite excited about this individual points targets JP from the Prio team is gonna send out on Thursday... looks like another big volume month for me!

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards -------:
    Cheers. Don't worry I've got no intention of being a 50NL reg forever, I've already been taking pretty regular shots at 100NL (as you can see from the hands above) for a lot of the month, and have played a little 200NL when I''ve seen good tables too.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Do you think with the amount of regs at nl50 its harder to move up than it has been in the past for others? 

Do you have a long term ambition level that you'd like to play? 
  • edited April 2014
    It's hard for me to comment Don cos I never played 50NL years ago so have nothing to compare it with but it's clear for anyone to see that 50NL is vvvv reggy, so even if you're exploiting them regs your winrate is still gonna be smaller in reg filled games no matter how good you are, so yeah it will be harder to move up I'd imagine.

Longterm I think I'll be happy when I have a roll (and am good enough) to comfortably play 300-500NL on here.

=========================================================

And that's me done for the month! Just needed to get 1 more mini session in this morning to get over the 10k points mark for Prio so that I could have tonight off. So played a mix or 50/100/200NL this morning for about 90 mins which was all it took to get the extra 300 points to get me over the line.

Finished +£120 and on 10021 points and that's me done.

That bad weekend put a big dent in my final monthly result but I still managed to finish +£1.5k so I'm happy with that.

Big grind starts again tomorrow (or maybe even midnight tonight if I can't help myself) for this Prio promo that is starting.
  • edited April 2014
    It's hard for me to comment Don cos I never played 50NL years ago so have nothing to compare it with but it's clear for anyone to see that 50NL is vvvv reggy, so even if you're exploiting them regs your winrate is still gonna be smaller in reg filled games no matter how good you are, so yeah it will be harder to move up I'd imagine. Longterm I think I'll be happy when I have a roll (and am good enough) to comfortably play 300-500NL on here. ========================================================= And that's me done for the month! Just needed to get 1 more mini session in this morning to get over the 10k points mark for Prio so that I could have tonight off. So played a mix or 50/100/200NL this morning for about 90 mins which was all it took to get the extra 300 points to get me over the line. Finished +£120 and on 10021 points and that's me done. That bad weekend put a big dent in my final monthly result but I still managed to finish +£1.5k so I'm happy with that. Big grind starts again tomorrow (or maybe even midnight tonight if I can't help myself) for this Prio promo that is starting.
    Posted by Lambert180

nice work lambo, good to see ur earning a "proper" wage from it now :) how many hours do you think you have "worked" this month?

been wondering, when you play MTT's you tend to play sats to bigger buy ins, then play them if you qualify...

would you money time not be better off spent playing cash instead of sats, and just buying directly into the games? I know for example you dont play the £48 UKPC sat unless you qualify. IMO its such good value you should play it regardless. not a criticism, just a comment.

you've been pro for a few months now, are you glad you made the decision not to look for another job?
  • edited April 2014
    Cheers Melt.

I can tell you exactly how many hours I've played this month cos I keep all session details on my spreadsheet.... I've played 91 hours this month.... bloody hell looking at it now... I'm a part-timer! lol. Will be upping them hours for May anyway with all these promos running.

Yeah I know what you mean, I think I just fear the swings in MTTs a bit more than cash but I agree I should be playing the £48 game regardless of if I qualify, I'm deffo rolled for that easily. I don't bother with sats for any of the £33 mains anymore cos I think like you said it's not a great usage of my time, so might just need to up my limit a bit of what I'll allow myself to BI to.

Yeah most definitely not regretting it, it's been really tough at times but it's given me so much freedom to spend time with the kids/girlfriend, and doing jobs that are generally a right pain to get done when you have a 9-5 job like MOT'ing a car etc. Still really enjoying the game, and think I just keep getting stronger (especially in my mental game) the more time goes on.

EDIT: Just realised about the 91 hours thing... I was still playing on the stake up until like 10th April ish, so missed like a third of the month. That would explain the lower hours.
  • edited April 2014
    Fwiw,

Here is the latest blog... much the same as what you might have seen in the diary but you do get a picture of an iPad ;)
  • edited April 2014
    Cheers Melt. I can tell you exactly how many hours I've played this month cos I keep all session details on my spreadsheet.... I've played 91 hours this month.... bloody hell looking at it now... I'm a part-timer! lol. Will be upping them hours for May anyway with all these promos running. Yeah I know what you mean, I think I just fear the swings in MTTs a bit more than cash but I agree I should be playing the £48 game regardless of if I qualify, I'm deffo rolled for that easily. I don't bother with sats for any of the £33 mains anymore cos I think like you said it's not a great usage of my time, so might just need to up my limit a bit of what I'll allow myself to BI to. Yeah most definitely not regretting it, it's been really tough at times but it's given me so much freedom to spend time with the kids/girlfriend, and doing jobs that are generally a right pain to get done when you have a 9-5 job like MOT'ing a car etc. Still really enjoying the game, and think I just keep getting stronger (especially in my mental game) the more time goes on. EDIT: Just realised about the 91 hours thing... I was still playing on the stake up until like 10th April ish, so missed like a third of the month. That would explain the lower hours.
    Posted by Lambert180

£16.50 an hour - not a bad rate... and this is one of the things that really attracts me to being a professional...If you work hard and improve your game that can go up really quickly. You aren't limited to 1 promotion every 3 yrs, or a maximum 7% pay rise etc etc, its all down to you, how much work you do.

:) thought it might be cos of the swings... they go both ways though don't forget! something like the UKPC sats are very low varience too - quite slow structure, and 1/5 cash in a flat structure compared to 1/10 in an MTT with a top heavy structure.

• edited April 2014
    Heres a question if you dont mind. How do you take a wage and what do you do with profits? Do you take a set amount no matter what and then use the profit to gradually build your roll?

• edited April 2014
    @Chickn - Yeah I 100% agree, it's one of those things where the sky really is the limit, and you get back what you put in. If you really want it enough, and put the hard work in then you can really be smashing an average salary. Even a 'lowly' amount like £1500 per month... that = £18k per year, and of course it's tax free so you'd need to be earning probably in the region of £25k to take home that amount in a 'normal' job.

@Craig - My mum always impressed on me the importance of money management/being sensible with money etc which is why I'm now a life nit... a pretty decent attribute to have imo when I see how stupidly wasteful some people are with money. Anyway, that kinda leads to me being a bit OCD/very organised about my money matters, so I've had a spreadsheet detailing all of my incomings and outgoings pretty much since the day I got my first job at 16 (I'm 27 now), that way I know exactly how much disposable income I have at all times, how much money I can add to my savings each month etc.

Finally, getting to your question. I obviously still have this spreadsheet so I've got all our family incomings (Child Benefit, Child Tax Credits etc) and all my outgoings (Electric, Sky TV, rent, petrol etc. - this list is much longer than the incomings lol) and so these 2 columns gets me a 'break even' needed point.

For example, total incomings = £500, total outgoings = £1000 so that means I need £500 per month extra (poker withdrawal) to 'break even' and be able to live in the lifestyle we are used to. Obv the actual amounts are different but that's what I do, so using my spreadsheet I know that every month I need to withdraw X amount to 'live'.

So every month I withdraw that amount (X) regardless of the result of the month as a minimum. If it's a good month and I smash my required amount I might withdraw a bit extra to treat myself/the family but a lot of the excess just goes into building the roll cos you can never be too secure for when that next big downswing comes. I don't have my total roll on Sky anyway, cos imo there's not much point ever keeping more than about £5k in here when I only play 50/100NL so the rest of my roll is in a seperate savings account so I may 'technically' withdraw more than the required amount but it still stays in my roll cos it just goes to increase my roll off the site cos as I say, no point having more than £5k on here for my stakes.
  • edited April 2014
    Brilliant answer, thank you. I too am very, very good at money management. You do when youve never had a lot of it! I'm very lucky that I fell into poker and got to a good enough standard that I have always been a winning player so have been able to treat myself more than I ever would have had my 7-5 job been my only income.

For such a long time I had a small BR and always took out any winnings above my BR line. Lately i've been in a better position to build my BR and my diary at the start of the year got me from £125-£1000 in 4 months has re-ignited my ambition to play higher stakes (not proffesionally, unless I bink the WSOP or something!) and play cash.

That has helped me define a method to hopefully do both. Withdraw treat money and still build a BR. This should have the benefit of me staying at levels longer to really improve. Im not an impatient person but the biggest thing I now have to get used to is the £ swings being much bigger for me. I can easily get over a 7 buyin downer at 10nl than I ever could before so reading about your -£500 sessions are scary. :) But then there is the envy at your +£500 sessions! So hopefully by taking my time I will get used to them better and also deal with them.

I'm really looking forward to getting some help off you which you have generously offered me and two others. I'm busy finding hands/spots I struggle with and also a few questions to ask. Thanks again for the oppertunity.
  • edited May 2014
    As I said in my last post, May is going to be a BIG grind month for me, I'm aiming to get to 30,000 points which is over double my highest ever tally of 13k.

So start as you mean to go on and all that lark, got my first session in this morning 10am - 2pm and just finished. I made a small loss of £70 but I did have a pretty ugly hand about 5 mins into the start of the session that put me straight into a £200 hole so could be worse.

I made a little over 600 points in that session and think it's reasonable for me to be making at least 1200 points per day on a full day, so I'll need to do 25 days out of 31 this month to make 30k...

Here's the ugly hand, opponent is pretty bad and I'm definitely expecting him to raise WAY more hands than just the stone nuts, sigh
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    sikas Small blind  £1.00 £1.00 £235.20
    Lambert180 Big blind  £2.00 £3.00 £198.00
      Your hole cards

Call  £2.00 £5.00 £198.00
    sikas Call  £1.00 £6.00 £234.20
    Lambert180 Check     
    Flop

sikas Check     
    Lambert180 Check     
    Bet  £2.00 £8.00 £196.00
    sikas Call  £2.00 £10.00 £232.20
    Lambert180 Raise  £8.50 £18.50 £189.50
    X Call  £6.50 £25.00 £189.50
    sikas Fold     
    Turn

• A

Lambert180 Bet  £15.75 £40.75 £173.75
    Call  £15.75 £56.50 £173.75
    River

Lambert180 Bet  £43.00 £99.50 £130.75
    All-in  £173.75 £273.25 £0.00
    Lambert180 All-in  £130.75 £404.00 £0.00
    Lambert180 Show

Show

Win Straight to the 8 £402.20  £402.20
  • edited May 2014
    Ahhhh horrid hand!!
    I wish you so much GL and run-good to get to your 30k target! This month I made 3k points for the first time and that was hard enough for me!
    Will be watching :)
  • edited May 2014
    Cheers Duck.

Another disappointing session so a bit of a rubbish start to the month but it's no biggie. I continued to run as bad in MTTs as I did all last month... played the main, chipped up a little bit then got it in pre against 2 people that I had covered so going for 2 bounties... it was QQ v TT v 88 and both of them manage to make sets lol, so that left me battered, shipped my last 10xBB w/ like K5s into Q7 and lost that.

Wish I'd bust 5 mins earlier so I could de-reg the mini but it was too late. Made it to abuot 9pm in that when I had AK<KK aipf to bust.

Played the UKPC Semi, and was almost gonna be able to post on here and say thank you to ChicknMelt for encouraging me to play it, but no I stone bubbled it 99 < AT :(

Cash was vvv swingy, dropped a ton of stacks early, then won a ton of stacks later in the night, I left 2 of my 100NL tables with ~£400 each and still finished down for the night to give an idea of the swings lol.

So finished -£80 at cash, and -£85 at MTTs... would have been nice to not lose that flip in the UKPC sat cos tat £220 would have saved the night. Gonna keep a running total going on here of points btw so...

Poker Points: 1212
  • edited May 2014
    Boom! Just had my biggest ever winning session at cash. The site seemed really quiet today like the whole time from 10am - 2pm I was struggling to keep 6 tables running at 50NL and 100NL combined (that aint normal). So the reduced tables meant I fell a little bit short of my target of 600 points per session, but I should be able to make that up tonight.

Finished the session +£650

Poker Points: 1699
  • edited May 2014
    nice work lambo - £650 in 4 hours @ 50NL - not bad at all!

out of interest, do you keep track of your bb/100 hands rate? hard to do on sky, but if you know the amount of tables you have been playing, and the length of time playing, you can make a pretty good estimate.

UL in the UKPC semi, annoying when that happens. I'd be suprised if you didnt make money from them quite consistently though. you'll be thanking me eventually, I'm sure! 

do you have any plans to take shots at any more big live tourneys? UKIPT just around the corner and UKPC coming up. I take it you'll be at the UKPC, but other than that I mean.
  • edited May 2014
    Cheers Andy... truth be told though it wasn't all 50NL lol. Last month went pretty well so since about mid April I've been mixing in 100NL to my sessions too. It's still weighted towards 50NL with just a couple of 100NL tables but yeh... still a nice win for 4hr work though yeh.

Yes I do, I have a spreadsheet that is probably a bit OTT but can't hurt to have lots of info. As you say it's hard to know exact hand numbers on Sky so I just go with the estimate that I'll always play roughly 80 hands per hour, per table, which is pretty standard for 6max online I think. I got this snapshot that I sent someone mid April cos they asked so here it is...

So each session I'll enter what site I played on, no. of tables, stakes, no. of hours played and profit/loss (hands per hour I've ust wrote 80 in every row). Then I got a bunch of formulae that automatically tell me number of hands played in that session, how many BBs I won, how many BBs I won per hour per table. Then the cumulative section on the right is well... cumulative stats of everything I mentioned lol, so you can see there my most recent BBs per hour was 10xBB although that is a tiny sample.

I also got a seperate tab of the spreadsheet for MTTs :p I like spreadsheets lol.

Yeah was annoying to get that close but can deffo see there's a lot of value in them. I was quite amazed by how little work you have to do, I noticed you made it to the FT (and ending up getting the consolation money for 4th) and had only doubled your starting stack when starting the FT, and just double starting stack IIRC was still like 15-20xBB. Deffo be playing them more often/every night lol.

Yeah I love to get out to live MTTs but am useless at getting round to depositing on other sites and obviously most live events have sats on sites that aren't Sky. Deffo gonna be at the UKPC, I wanna try and win a ME seat obv, I'll be vvv disappointed if I can't win one by August! But either way I'll deffo be playing the £250 mini 6max in that same festival.

I keep meaning to get to some GPS events cos they're supposed to be good and it's easier on the wallet when the main isn't £1k. So lazy about looking into them though, I basically need someone to just say 'these are the events close to you, here's what site you have to play sats on, and they're on at this time' lol.
  • edited May 2014
    Will keep the update short and sweet tonight cos I'm knackered and wanna go to bed. 

Another UKPC Semi and another near miss. Bust 7th out of 20 (so 4 seats) jamming 66 over a minraise into 99 sigh.

Cash went better though, and finished +£150 so still finished with a +£100 night after the UKPC sat, and altogether a +£750 day. Can't be bad!

Poker Points: 2221
  • edited May 2014
    Im sure someone said elsewhere GPS sats will b awkward because you cant have an account on Genting and DTD skin. 

Might be wrong but sure someone mentioned they had an issue with that around the last UKPC
  • edited May 2014
    I know there's some problems around it Don but I'm 99% sure it's not that you can't do it, you just have to go through a bit of hassle of contacting their customer services etc. to get it set up.

I guess now is the time I have to thank ChicknMelt ;) cos I finally won a £220 seat from the UKPC Semi. All was going well again, then I played one pot just short of the FT where I thought it was a great spot to put pressure on a particular player and pick up some chips... I fire 3 barrels and bet/fold river, unfortunately he had KK lol... I might have got him off by the 3rd barrel because the turn was an A but he rivered his set.

Thought that was gonna be another blow up and another chance wasted but I dug in deep, folded like a pro, and got lucky once with Q9 > K9 before managing to lock a seat. So in profit for MTTs so far for the month now, something I didn't acheive once all of last month.

Cash didn't go so well though, was going a bit meh but only a small loss then  tick 'sit out next BB' on all tables but before I can stand I dump off a 100NL BI to TommyD. I 3bet pre w/ AK, bet twice on JxxA and should check/fold to his shove on T river but I call like a fish and get shown AJ.

Finished -£190 for cash and was only +£170 for the UKPC seat so a losing day overall but only a tiny one.

Points tally is going terrible for the 30k target, really need to step up my game!

Poker Points: 2775
  • edited May 2014
    I knew when tonight started it was always gonna have the potential to be pretty epic or pretty grim... unfortunately it was the latter.

MTTs played were £220 UKPC Final, £48 UKPC Semi, £110 Roller and £11 mini Roller and they all went pretty badly. Was plodding along ok in all of them but every single time I took a flip I lost. Think I took at least 10 flips in all of the games combined and I know I only won 1 of them... not much you can do in MTTs when that's how it's going. Most exits were just losing flips, except the mini Roller where I cold called a 3bet with KK because given stack sizes I think cold 4betting would look too strong, and just call flop, call turn jam on like Q283 and see QQ sigh.

I did also bundle on the £3 all in sats to the Roller cos they all had decent overlay. Won the very first one for £110, then played every single other one that ran (played 24 in total) but didn't win any more so £72 outlay and £110 return, not bad for just clicking 'register tournament' a bunch of times.

Cash was going ok, but there were periods where I was auto-piloting a bit (playing poorly) because I was too focussed on the Roller and UKPC Final. Once I'd bust all them the cash really picked up and I started saving the night and paying off most of the MTTs I'd bricked, then about 10 mins before standing just had a brutal 10 mins of coolers and bad beats. The two that stick in my mind were

1) Someone peeling a 3bet w/ A5o against my QQ and getting the 234 flop
    2) Someone getting into 100xBB on a 789dd flop with 52o against my KK and rivering a 6

I ended up making a £23 profit on MTTs and a £350 loss on MTTs (although I'm counting it as though I bought into the £220 UKPC Final in that).

At least I'm nearly half way to Prio in 4 days lol, and I'm still +£150 for the month

Poker Points: 3572
  • edited May 2014
    Sigh ran pretty terrible all night. Not a huge loss, especially as 50NL seemed dead tonight so a lot of my play was at 100NL. Ran bad in pretty much every way possible lol, just a serious lack of situations to do anything and then when I found a spot I found myself in nasty coolers, and the odd time I had the best hand I'd have like the nut worst runout that stopped me and my opponent putting any more money into the pot.

Here are a couple, the latter being particularly ugly...
    Ludacris Small blind  £0.50 £0.50 £119.02
    offshoot Big blind  £1.00 £1.50 £198.78
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

philly99 Fold     
    bolly580 Fold     
    gazzaluf05 Fold     
    Lambert180 Raise  £2.00 £3.50 £120.36
    Ludacris Fold     
    offshoot Raise  £8.00 £11.50 £190.78
    Lambert180 Call  £7.00 £18.50 £113.36
    Flop

• J

offshoot Bet  £10.00 £28.50 £180.78
    Lambert180 Call  £10.00 £38.50 £103.36
    Turn

offshoot Bet  £28.00 £66.50 £152.78
    Lambert180 All-in  £103.36 £169.86 £0.00
    offshoot Call  £75.36 £245.22 £77.42
    offshoot Show

Lambert180 Show
    • Q
    • Q

River

offshoot Win Full House, 10s and 3s £243.42  £320.84
    philly99 Small blind  £0.50 £0.50 £83.45
    Lambert180 Big blind  £1.00 £1.50 £99.00
    CharlieF29 Sit out     
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

X Raise  £3.00 £4.50 £97.00
    Kazuko Fold     
    Pullin01 Fold     
    philly99 Fold     
    Lambert180 Call  £2.00 £6.50 £97.00
    Flop

• J
    • Q

Lambert180 Check     
    X Bet  £4.00 £10.50 £93.00
    Lambert180 Call  £4.00 £14.50 £93.00
    Turn

Lambert180 Check     
    X Bet  £10.00 £24.50 £83.00
    Lambert180 Call  £10.00 £34.50 £83.00
    River

Lambert180 Check     
    X Bet  £24.00 £58.50 £59.00
    Lambert180 All-in  £83.00 £141.50 £0.00
    X All-in  £59.00 £200.50 £0.00
    Lambert180 Show
    • A
    • A

X Show
    • Q
    • Q

X Win Full House, Queens and 2s £198.70  £198.70
    Only a -£250 loss overall. Kids back to school tomorrow after the bank holiday so I can get back into full grind mode and hopefully earn lots of £££ and lots points.

Poker Points: 3929
  • edited May 2014
    Put some more money in before the flop!
  • edited May 2014
    Question about the first hand. Your on the button so you can obviously be very wide, why no 4 bet? I'm sure you can be 4 bet bluffing a lot here?
  • edited May 2014
    The aa hand why are u just flat calling a raise preflop ? 

Terry tibbs:  Talk to me 
  • edited May 2014
    I can 4bet the first hand but I've practically never played Offshoot before so had no idea about his ranges to flat a 4bet here or 5bet/GII, his 3bet is slightly on the big side (imo) given I've minraised the button and I'm happily to play the pot IP readless. Nothing wrong with 4betting either though, although given he's readless V me and knows I'm new to the level, he probably won't give me credit for 4b bluffs and will think it's heavily weighted towards value which might fold out a ton of hands I crush.

Hand 2 I went back and removed the name seen as people have asked why. Basically they are by far one of the nittiest players preflop at 50/100NL, so I'm trying out some new things, one of which is just not having a (value) 3b range in certain spots (like blinds V UTG). If I 3bet here blinds v UTG then I probably get a call/4bet from about 3 hands max and I block 2 of them.

==================================================================

This morning was another rubbish session of runbad... hoping that ends soon. Lots more ugly coolers and people doing 'get theres', almost had it back to break even but then 5 mins before the end of the session I ran AA into a set at 100NL and then a hand at 50NL where I flop OESD + FD w/ QJcc on 9Tx cc, turn is 9c so I turn my flush and now have an open ended straight flush draw, but that 9 gave him quads lol and I missed the 2 outer for what would be a pretty sick beat. Finished -£190

Also thought I'd give the SnG UKPC Promo a punt seen as there was only a couple of days left, you only gotta play 15 games and the ROIs on the leaderboard seem pretty low. Played 5 games (£5.50s) and bricked 4 of them, got 1 x 2nd for £10.50 so just gave up there cos I'd need to run amazing to come back from that. Will try again next week. Finished -£17 from them.

I've decided to try out a new schedule for my night time sessions. I suck at playing MTTs and cash at the same time, I always seem to end up focussing on one over the other and one suffers, but I wanna play MTTs and the cash action aint so great around 8-10pm usually anyway. So from now on will be starting my sessions as normal at 8pm but it will just be a schedule of MTTs, then when/if I bust them all around 11pm ish, I'll play a few hours of just cash after that.

So tonight was the first night of trying this out and I endeed up not playing a cash session cos I didn't get finished with my MTTs until gone midnight (which can only be good). Had some decent results tonight and a couple of near misses.

£11 Turbo Main - Nothing memorable to mention really, lasted a couple of hours and bust jaming AQs on the BTN into KK in the SB. Came 200/548

Mini Turbo BH - A semi deep run here but bust just outside the money. Think 70 odd got paid and I came 84/555 with just 1 head for £4.69

£48 UKPC Semi - Came close again, there were 5 seats and we were down to the final 9 but then I jammed QQ into AA to bust in 9th.

£22 Deepstack - First time I've ever played this and I managed to make the money which was only top 3. Pretty nuts FT/bubble dynamic because MattBates had all the chips and the other 3 of us all had short (10xBB ish) stacks so he was running over us while no-one wanted to be the bubble boy. It was almost me when my JJ lost to A9, then I doubled next hand with TT. Managed to fade the bubble but by that point the stacks were like 90k (Bates) v 10k v 10k @ 600/1200. Payouts were £100, £150, £250 so ICM wise it was all about trying to lock up 2nd at that point imo cos winning was a long way off. Unfortunatley the other guy won some races against Matt and I lost mine so bust in 3rd for £100

£55 £4k BH - This started badly and continued to go badly for probably 2 hours. Spent an age just folding or raise/folding or opening and bet/folding flops and eventually got down to a micro stack. You gotta stay patient at that point cos especially in BHs you're getting looked up so light when vv short so need to change your shipping range compared to a standard freezeout. Bided my time, got the double, got another double shortly after and was back in the game. I was on a 4 handed table on the stone bubble which was really awkward because there was a HUGE stack on the table, and a micro stack so the huge stack was just shipping every hand to iso that bounty, so I basically couldn't open unless I wanted to call off the rest. Then in pretty sigh fashion, the bubble burst on another table, so guy with like 4xBB on the table jams the first hand where he's ITM, huge stacks jams to isolate, I snap with JJ and the big stacks busts us both with KJo. I had the shorty covered obv so finish above him... so finish 12th with 1 head for a total of £97.23

£11 £1k BH - This post is already getting really long so I'll keep this short and sweet. I went and won this one :) My first MTT bink in a while but no surprise really with how little volume I put into them. So came 1st out of 139 and won £277.66

So total outlay of £152.50 and total cashes of £479.58 for a £327.08 profit on the night. Covers all the morning's losses and most of the previous day's too.

Poker Points: 4572
  • edited May 2014
    Nice! ;) love an MTT win! GL
  • edited May 2014
    Thanks Duck :)

Heard a quote from Richard Dawkins on the Gervais/Merchant/Pilkington podcasts that I listen to a while ago so thought I'd find it and share it... I thought it was interesting anyway...

"A world without rodents would be a very different world. It is less likely to come to pass than a world dominated by rodents and free of people. If nuclear war destroys humanity and most of the rest of life, a good bet for survival in the short term, and for evolutionary ancestry in the long term, is rats. I have a post-Armageddon vision. We and all other large animals are gone. Rodents emerge as the ultimate post-human scavengers. They gnaw their way through New York, London and Tokyo, digesting spilled larders, ghost supermarkets and human corpses and turning them into new generations of rats and mice, whose racing populations explode out of the cities and into the countryside. When all the relics of human profligacy are eaten, populations crash again, and the rodents turn on each other, and on the cockroaches scavenging with them. In a period of intense competition, short generations perhaps with radioactivity enhanced mutation-rates boost rapid evolution. With human ships and planes gone, islands become islands again, with local populations isolated save for occasional lucky raftings: ideal conditions for evolutionary divergence. Within 5 million years, a whole range of new species replace the ones we know. Herds of giant grazing rats are stalked by sabre-toothed predatory rats.* Given enough time, will a species of intelligent, cultivated rats emerge? Will rodent historians and scientists eventually organise careful archaeological digs (gnaws?) through the strata of our long-compacted cities, and reconstruct the peculiar and temporarily tragic circumstances that gave ratkind its big break?"
  • edited May 2014
    Well done on the recent results Mr Lambert, I've enjoyed playing the same table as you on a couple of occasions recently.  Was disappointed to be Bubble Boy in the deepie last night, but to be honest it was a good learning experience playing that FT with you and Mr Bates!

Myself, I'm really only break even at best right now, but feel like I'm closing in on sustainable profits if I can just tweak my game around the bubble / FT. 

Best of luck

Mattp