You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards -------:
    Annoyingly I missed a full day's grind on Friday. I was starting to feel rough on Thursday night and I think the last couple of hours may have suffered in terms of the standard of my game (and a few bad beats didn't help), then Friday morning I was fully struck down by man flu. I felt like death so couldn't do my morning session, then by about 8pm when I'd normally start a night time grind I could barely keep my eyes open so had to bail out on that one too. I'm at my mum's tonight so not the ideal grind set up but gonna try and get a couple of hours of cash in tonight. Points atm are 2005.... seriously lagging behind now. Another story I meant to tell when I revived the diary but never got round to was about our cat, Sly. About two months ago he seemed to be having trouble going the toilet, I won't bore you with tons of details but he had a urinary blockage and crystals in his bladder. This only became apparent on a Sunday which means out of hours vets (and the price that comes with it), they kept him overnight and transported him to our regular vets in the morning (our vet doesn't do out of hours), then he had an operation at our regular vets and they had to keep him in for a couple more nights. So a couple of days and various x-rays/tests later when he was starting to go the toilet on his own again we picked him back up for the princely sum of £900. They told us to keep an eye on him, and bring him back if he looked like he was having any more trouble going the toilet, but gave us no other advice to avoid it. Within about 5 days he was having similar problems again, take him back in, has to stay a couple more days, ya da ya da, £500 more to get him cleaned out again. Similar happened not long after and they put him on a special diet. Long story short, over the last like 6 weeks or so, it's cost not too far off £2k to keep the little fella going. Now he's on a special diet which is a bit more expensive that regular food but ALOT cheaper than visits to the vet! and he seems to have been fine for a couple of weeks now so hopefully it stays that way. ^^^ I accept payments on stars or Paypal btw ;)
    Posted by Lambert180
    Lambo, pet insurance ftw. I used to have two cats, and the thought of having to fork out thousands for cancer treatment costs did not appeal.

I think you are legally obliged to make sure your pets have access to medical care or it would be deemed as animal cruelty. 
  • edited September 2014
    My girlfriends cat had the same thing happen to him a couple of years ago and it was having dry food. The vets also advised a special diet but her dad went on the internet and instead bought this ingredient that was in this special food and just bought the same cat food. Works out much cheaper and works just as well, the cat has been fine ever since!
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards ------- : Lambo, pet insurance ftw. I used to have two cats, and the thought of having to fork out thousands for cancer treatment costs did not appeal. I think you are legally obliged to make sure your pets have access to medical care or it would be deemed as animal cruelty. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    We've looked online and pet insurers have it in their underwriting that they won't cover the specific condition that he has/had, probably cos it's just too common in male cats and can be insanely expensive.

He does have access to medical care :S hence me paying out nearly £2k...
  • edited September 2014
    Annoyingly I missed a full day's grind on Friday. I was starting to feel rough on Thursday night and I think the last couple of hours may have suffered in terms of the standard of my game (and a few bad beats didn't help), then Friday morning I was fully struck down by man flu. I felt like death so couldn't do my morning session, then by about 8pm when I'd normally start a night time grind I could barely keep my eyes open so had to bail out on that one too. I'm at my mum's tonight so not the ideal grind set up but gonna try and get a couple of hours of cash in tonight. Points atm are 2005.... seriously lagging behind now. Another story I meant to tell when I revived the diary but never got round to was about our cat, Sly. About two months ago he seemed to be having trouble going the toilet, I won't bore you with tons of details but he had a urinary blockage and crystals in his bladder. This only became apparent on a Sunday which means out of hours vets (and the price that comes with it), they kept him overnight and transported him to our regular vets in the morning (our vet doesn't do out of hours), then he had an operation at our regular vets and they had to keep him in for a couple more nights. So a couple of days and various x-rays/tests later when he was starting to go the toilet on his own again we picked him back up for the princely sum of £900. They told us to keep an eye on him, and bring him back if he looked like he was having any more trouble going the toilet, but gave us no other advice to avoid it. Within about 5 days he was having similar problems again, take him back in, has to stay a couple more days, ya da ya da, £500 more to get him cleaned out again. Similar happened not long after and they put him on a special diet. Long story short, over the last like 6 weeks or so, it's cost not too far off £2k to keep the little fella going. Now he's on a special diet which is a bit more expensive that regular food but ALOT cheaper than visits to the vet! and he seems to have been fine for a couple of weeks now so hopefully it stays that way. ^^^ I accept payments on stars or Paypal btw ;)
    Posted by Lambert180

• edited September 2014
    My girlfriends cat had the same thing happen to him a couple of years ago and it was having dry food. The vets also advised a special diet but her dad went on the internet and instead bought this ingredient that was in this special food and just bought the same cat food. Works out much cheaper and works just as well, the cat has been fine ever since!
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Cheers Ivan, I'll let Emma know, she knows a lot more about this than me. I know it's caused by either having a diet which is too acidic or too alkaline so he's on this food to change it from whichever one of those extremes it was... although I've heard that trying to stop it being alkaline (for example) can make it too acidic (or vice versa) which can also cause crystals to form. Bloody nightmare!

But yeah Emma mentioned you can get something to put in his food that will make or more/less acidic, is that what you mean?
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards ------- : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CECHeMPbZA
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Lol, knew 100% what Youtube vid that would  be before clicking on the link
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards ------- : We've looked online and pet insurers have it in their underwriting that they won't cover the specific condition that he has/had, probably cos it's just too common in male cats and can be insanely expensive. He does have access to medical care :S hence me paying out nearly £2k...
    Posted by Lambert180
    Just like medical insurance in humans, pre existing conditions wont be covered. I doubt that any policy would have specific exclusions if something hasnt been diagnosed yet though. 

One of my old cats had a cancer scare, and we where looking at astronomic vet fees, fortunately it was a false alarm. We snap took out cover after that.  
  • edited September 2014
    Hey Lambert, long time lurker lol, glad to see the thread is alive again.

What alias(es) do you play under on Unibet? Used to play NL50 on there and would genuinely say it plays like ~NL10-20 on here. Had to start from a low roll so am just moving from 10 to 25 on there now.

PS. Glad the cat is feeling better!
  • edited September 2014
    Yeah ofc they won't cover pre-existing conditions so either way the horse has bolted now because he's had an occurrence of it.

I'm pretty sure the site I looked at wouldn't cover it at all though. At a guess I'd imagine if I'm right it would be because it's so common, so expensive and virtually impossible to cure. There's no real way of knowing it won't happen again tomorrow, or next week, or next month and there's no limit to how many times he can have it with each case costing up to £500+. The closest thing to a cure that they discussed with us was an operation that costs £2-3k and will only marginally reduce the chance of it happening again. With it being so common and the potential for the cost to run into the 10s of thousands of £££ they'd probably have to adjust their premiums to an amount that just isn't competitive/an amount people want to pay. Dunno though, I might just be completely wrong.

That's the stressful thing, he's like a walking time bomb, ya never know when it might happen again. The food is a good deterrent but apparently there's other things that can bring it on like stress so getting into fights with other cats etc (so we've been keeping him indoors more recently)

Yeah seems very soft on there, I have only been playing 4NL tbf but it still seems a ton softer than 4NL here. I have only set up 2 aliases at the moment, just picked random names that came to mind when I picked an avatar (cos u have to do that first when creating an alias) so I got JollyRoger and CaptainJack... there are numbers at the end but can't remember the numbers. Gonna be using my money on there to try and spin up at 10/20NL soon (can't remember what the stakes offered are)
  • edited September 2014
    My first session back for a few days, after taking a couple off being ill, then not playing at my mums, and I never play the Sunday night after driving back from my mum's cos I'm always knackered, and had to take my daughter to a hospital appointment today.

Played the mini with no success, but had a bit of a deep run in the main, my first for a while. Nothing really to write home about, I ending up finishing 17th for £80 after shoving my last 12xBB from the SB w/ K9o, called by A5hh, I got a monotone flop for a FD but bricked my pair outs + FD.

Decent small session at cash, finishing abuot +£60 so not a bad night overall, but still seeking that elusive really deep run in a main. If Dohhhh can FT one, then anyone can ;)
  • edited September 2014
    Big grind month has been an epic fail so far, missed a bunch of sessions and have also been playing less tables this month cos I've been playing more than an optimal amount sometimes recently, and feel it's affecting my decisions/winrate. So for this month I think 20k points is long gone, sure I'll be able to cruise to 13-14k though so £400 ish

Looking good to make another top 5 in the Premiership thing this week cos my team are 2nd atm.

Played the main and mini again tonight, semi deep runs in both, came about 130th out of 570 in the main (no cash) and somewhere in the 90s in the Mini out of about 550 for just £6.10 of heads.

A small win of just over £10 on cash meant that my total session result was an epic +12p but a win's a win.
  • edited September 2014
    Looks like I'm getting a bit of form in MEs recently. Got that really deep run I was after in tonight's rebuy main, unfortunately couldn't go all the way and take it down but I go so much luck along the way that I deffo can't complain. The stand out hand was when I was doing really well (CL iirc)  with about 12 left, then I lost a couple of big pots which left me with about 10xBB. I shipped A9o, straight into AA and then it ranout J5687 to keep me alive.

I was CL going into the FT and did increase that a bit before losing a huge pot. There were 5 left, a shorty open, I iso-jammed AK, Tommy cold called behind with 99, he held against me, and the shorty held against both of us with AA (that shorty was Hux, who is now looking very good for the full £5k jackpot). That left me with 100k @ 6k/12k. I spun it up though and stacks were all very even and it was playing pretty cagey. Bust out hand was SB (Hux again) opening into my BB, I 3bet shove about 14xBB w/ ATs and his KK holds.

So I finished in 4th for £529.24

Very small win again on cash +£5 but I cut the session short a little once I got very deep in the main.
  • edited September 2014
    Seem to be getting a bit of heat/momentum going recently which is very refreshing after a rough August. Just finished my morning session of 30-50NL and was +£200.

Forgot to update last few times but points wise I'm only on 3141
  • edited September 2014
    I noticed you doing well in the main just after I bust. Seemed to be quite a few recognizable names up there at one point. I also was going well with 60k and in the top 10 before a disastrous 5 minutes in which I lost the lot in 3 hands!

Do you not play the £55 9 BH btw? I thought seeing as though you play 50NL now that this would be within your BR? And as it's a BH it's pretty low variance. Good to see cash going better for you! I've not played on a table with you in a while, I tend to stick to omaha these days and only play Holdem if the omaha traffic is bad.
  • edited September 2014
    I don't play the £55 BH so much anymore no, I am rolled for it but tbh I just hate the big swings in MTTs and cash is my bread and butter so I like to keep my MTT BIs on the lower side.

I had another good morning on cash today, swings and swongs as always. Right near the end of my session, at 50NL, I opened 56dd, but little did I know when I got it in against DivsDreams on 789cc that I was drawing to runner runner just for a chop cos he had JT lol.

I did make a pretty sick hold here though for a nice pot. Was awkward with the sizing of my 4bet (fwiw it's a PL table), but in the end I thought player A was never folding and player X was vvv fishy and I ruled out KK/AA when he cold-called the 3bet so just wanted to pile the money in, knowing he'd call light. He got a good sweat on the flop like!

I finished +£125 for the morning anyway and got 3446 points
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    A Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £32.55
    X Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £150.06
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

Lambert180 Raise   £1.50 £2.25 £52.65
    RyanC7 Fold        
    A
    Raise   £4.75 £7.00 £27.80
    X Call   £4.50 £11.50 £145.56
    Lambert180 Raise   £18.50 £30.00 £34.15
    A All-in   £27.80 £57.80 £0.00
    X Call   £27.80 £85.60 £117.76
    Lambert180 Call   £12.80 £98.40 £21.35
    Flop

X Check        
    Lambert180 All-in   £21.35 £119.75 £0.00
    X Call   £21.35 £141.10 £96.41
    A Show
    • K
    • A

X Show
    • J
    • A

Lambert180 Show
    • Q
    • Q

Turn

River

• Q

Lambert180 Win Full House, Queens and 9s £139.30   £139.30
  • edited September 2014
    Re: cat and insurance
    Price will depend on age and condition of cat. Our cat had it for years but cost became too prohibitive in the end. Cheaper to pay the vets than the insurance.
    Your treatment at the vets appears very pricy though, sure they charged you right?

One benefit we found with insurance was that vets got caught out when trying to overcharge. We had a bill for hundreds after the vet stated that insurance company didn't pay all the bill. Got in touch with insurance company and they stated that the vets were trying to double charge for everything!!!  TBH I woudln't have known exactly what was being charged for, vets bills are very vague like that.
  • edited September 2014
    Wiiiii, I decided to punt my £5 free bet from the Poker Premiership thing on Villa beating Liverpool.

Free £50, cheers Sky :)
  • edited September 2014
    First session this morning for a few days and it was pretty decent. Periods of having insane heat on the go, but a few big losses stopped it from being a really big winning session. Finished just over +£150

I also had a pretty good night the other night on Unibet where 1 player sat down and was just literally gifting away stack after stack after stack. Getting it in with Q2o pre, full reload, do the same, rinse and repeat. I took about 10 BIs off him in 15-20 mins. I finished off the number of flops I need to see this morning so the money on there is now mine to use as I wish (or withdraw) and I've spun up my £10 4NL token to nearly £100.
  • edited September 2014
    First session this morning for a few days and it was pretty decent. Periods of having insane heat on the go, but a few big losses stopped it from being a really big winning session. Finished just over +£150 I also had a pretty good night the other night on Unibet where 1 player sat down and was just literally gifting away stack after stack after stack. Getting it in with Q2o pre, full reload, do the same, rinse and repeat. I took about 10 BIs off him in 15-20 mins. I finished off the number of flops I need to see this morning so the money on there is now mine to use as I wish (or withdraw) and I've spun up my £10 4NL token to nearly £100.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Good going.

Personally I would keep it up and use it as a little side challenge to yourself to see how far you can get. A little diversion to help keep the monotomy of grinding a bit fresh. 
  • edited September 2014
    Actually played a full day today (it's been a while!)...

This morning was pretty grim, just getting coolered lots and lots. There's a guy (that I won't name) who is on the tables pretty much every morning and spends the full length of every session moaning about bad beats/people getting there/how bad the player that beat him is/how unlucky he is all the time etc etc. Well he had the honour of stacking me twice in the space of about 30 mins, both time having flopped set over set... and despite this he still denied there was any luck involved!! ...  because 'he was ahead all the way'.

Anyway, yeah was going pretty bad, then I got very lucky to whack a cooler on someone with nuts v 2nd nuts when we were quite deep/others were involved. This hand saved the session and meant I only finished -£60
    LUCKYSAMMI Small blind   £0.20 £0.20 £26.79
    hhamza162 Big blind   £0.40 £0.60 £82.68
      Your hole cards
    • K

PASTADAVE Call   £0.40 £1.00 £32.27
    Lambert180 Raise   £1.20 £2.20 £152.19
    PokerKinga Call   £1.20 £3.40 £48.61
    ozzieowen Call   £1.20 £4.60 £96.83
    LUCKYSAMMI Fold        
    hhamza162 Call   £0.80 £5.40 £81.88
    PASTADAVE Call   £0.80 £6.20 £31.47
    Flop

hhamza162 Check        
    PASTADAVE Bet   £0.40 £6.60 £31.07
    Lambert180 Raise   £3.20 £9.80 £148.99
    PokerKinga Call   £3.20 £13.00 £45.41
    ozzieowen Fold        
    hhamza162 Call   £3.20 £16.20 £78.68
    PASTADAVE Call   £2.80 £19.00 £28.27
    Turn

• A

hhamza162 Check        
    PASTADAVE Bet   £19.00 £38.00 £9.27
    Lambert180 Call   £19.00 £57.00 £129.99
    PokerKinga Fold        
    hhamza162 Call   £19.00 £76.00 £59.68
    River

• J

hhamza162 Bet   £38.00 £114.00 £21.68
    PASTADAVE Fold        
    Lambert180 All-in   £129.99 £243.99 £0.00
    hhamza162 All-in   £21.68 £265.67 £0.00
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet   £70.31 £195.36 £70.31
    hhamza162 Show
    • Q

Lambert180 Show
    • K

Lambert180 Win Flush to the Ace £193.56   £263.87
    This evening went a bit better but still felt pretty rough. I didn't enjoy Rocketman doing this to me....
    Lambert180 Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £126.91
    hurloon1 Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £49.50
    Shippy1 Sit out        
    Jrvs Sit out        
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • A

Razzi817 Fold        
    AJ_Rockets Raise   £1.00 £1.75 £59.92
    Lambert180 Call   £0.75 £2.50 £126.16
    hurloon1 Fold        
    Flop

• J
    • J

Lambert180 Check        
    AJ_Rockets Bet   £1.50 £4.00 £58.42
    Lambert180 Raise   £4.50 £8.50 £121.66
    AJ_Rockets Raise   £10.50 £19.00 £47.92
    Lambert180 All-in   £121.66 £140.66 £0.00
    AJ_Rockets All-in   £47.92 £188.58 £0.00
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet   £66.24 £122.34 £66.24
    Lambert180 Show
    • J
    • A

AJ_Rockets Show
    • J
    • K

Turn

• Q

River

AJ_Rockets Win Straight to the King £120.54   £120.54
    By the end of the session I was convinced it was gonna be a loss and was gonna be happy with break even when I looked at my balance but my amazing inability to keep track of how my sessions are going meant I actually ended up being +£70 so finished +£10 for the day.

Only a tenner, but glad to add about 900 points to the tally cos it's lacking. Points are 4663 now, still should be able to get about 13k
  • edited September 2014
    Was all in the mood for a big grind today  and started at 10am, but by about 11:30am there were a total of 3 tables running between 30-50NL and they weren't particularly great tables so just decided to 'do a devonfish', book the +£50 win and spend the rest of the session on my game, watching Deuces Cracked vids.

Ended up nit-rolling someone for a 400BB pot today. Wasn't loving life after the 4b cos generally people 4bet vvvv narrow, and when they 4bet so big this deep it's almost always super nutted. Then when he just ships that particular flop I thought he was just trying to own me when he has top set knowing a good chunk of my range is AK/KK and will sigh call it off.

It came in very handy because like the first or 2nd hand on this table I 3b KQs, think I flopped like 2 overs + GS and ended up going bet, bet shove only to get hero'd by TP, to lose £70.
    bonzodan Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £107.09
    Lambert180 Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £109.62
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

hurst05 Fold        
    lsthd Call   £0.50 £1.25 £60.59
    u_sud_fold Fold        
    bonzodan Raise   £1.75 £3.00 £105.34
    Lambert180 Raise   £5.50 £8.50 £104.12
    lsthd Fold        
    bonzodan Raise   £16.50 £25.00 £88.84
    Lambert180 Call   £12.50 £37.50 £91.62
    Flop

• K
    • J
    • A

bonzodan All-in   £88.84 £126.34 £0.00
    Lambert180 Call   £88.84 £215.18 £2.78
    bonzodan Show
    • J
    • J

Lambert180 Show
    • K
    • K

Turn

River

• Q

Lambert180 Win Three Kings £213.38   £216.16
  • edited September 2014

^^^^^^^^^

They weren't great tables lol!?

• edited September 2014
    ^^^^^^^^^ They weren't great tables lol!?
    Posted by 77Chris91
    Lol this table died sadly :( it broke to literally me sat on my own.

I started the morning 6/7 tabling, and very quickly there were only 3 tables running
  • edited September 2014
    Actually played a full day today (it's been a while!)... This morning was pretty grim, just getting coolered lots and lots. There's a guy (that I won't name) who is on the tables pretty much every morning and spends the full length of every session moaning about bad beats/people getting there/how bad the player that beat him is/how unlucky he is all the time etc etc. Well he had the honour of stacking me twice in the space of about 30 mins, both time having flopped set over set... and despite this he still denied there was any luck involved!! ...  because 'he was ahead all the way'. Anyway, yeah was going pretty bad, then I got very lucky to whack a cooler on someone with nuts v 2nd nuts when we were quite deep/others were involved. This hand saved the session and meant I only finished -£60

This was against me unfortunately :(
  • edited September 2014
    Just finished up my morning session. Finished -£12 but pretty happy with that cos early doors in the session, I was sat HU on a 50NL MC table, I 4bet AA, get a call and then it goes in over 2 streets on like Q84T and he's got QQ, so that was £100 gone.

Getting back on track with the points now, I'm on 5412 atm, hopefully make it to 6k after tonight's session.

Sadly looks like I'm in a team that has no hope of coming top 5 in the premiership this week, but... it also looks like I'm in a good chance of being the person who gets the highest points in my team..... every cloud and all that.
  • edited September 2014
    My next £5 free bet from Sky has gone on a 4-fold for Liverpool/Stoke/Arsenal/Newcastle to win... about £90 return iirc.
  • edited September 2014
    I was listening to the Stoke game on the radio on the drive down to Liverpool today and thought it was looking like a banker for the first game of the bet... lost signal for the station, get to my mum's and find out QPR got a last minute goal. It doesn't really matter though cos 2 of the other teams let me down anyway... silver lining though, Liverpool lost again :D

Played a morning session on Friday that I didn't update about which was absolutely grim. Just got completely hammered, everyone obv thought it was a good idea to call 3bets OOP with small PPs and flop sets every single time I happen to have an OP on like the best runout for me. Haven't had one like that for maybe a month, sessions where nothing you do is right and you just lost every big pot, so suppose I was due. Finished -£300, and that was pretty grim just writing it on my spreadsheet but I went and looked at all my monthly totals so far and it made me feel a bit better.

The plan tonight was play the main and mini, then when I bust them grind some cash but I didn't expect to still be in them so late. I had deep runs in both and for a short time started to think a jackpot was possibly on the cards. In the mini, I lost AK v 88, then shipped 77 and didn't even see what they had or the runout cos I was busy shipping in the main but I just saw the 'you have finised in ....' message.

I came 39/490 in the mini for £11.52. The ship at the same time in the main was AJ v KJ where I held to get a decent stack back. A while later I raised SB v BB with AKs (both our stacks were shallowish, don't know how it doesnt go in pre), he peels, I cbet AQ3dd, he raises and stacks-wise I can only shove/fold, I do shove and he obv has AQ. I actually think I can fold the flop just because of how passive most random people play these stages but meh I blew it.

Came 19th in the main out of 362 for just over £90 so a +£65 day altogether.

Might still go and play some cash now, dunno yet.
    Lambert180 Small blind   400.00 400.00 17172.00
    blueberr27 Big blind   800.00 1200.00 25107.50
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • A

shubling Fold        
    shawsok Fold        
    macapaca Fold        
    Lambert180 Raise   1200.00 2400.00 15972.00
    blueberr27 Call   800.00 3200.00 24307.50
    Flop

• Q
    • A

Lambert180 Bet   1625.00 4825.00 14347.00
    blueberr27 Raise   4850.00 9675.00 19457.50
    Lambert180 All-in   14347.00 24022.00 0.00
    blueberr27 Call   11122.00 35144.00 8335.50
    Lambert180 Show
    • K
    • A

blueberr27 Show
    • A
    • Q

Turn

River

blueberr27 Win Two Pairs, Aces and Queens 35144.00   43479.50
  • edited September 2014
    I was listening to the Stoke game on the radio on the drive down to Liverpool today and thought it was looking like a banker for the first game of the bet... lost signal for the station, get to my mum's and find out QPR got a last minute goal. It doesn't really matter though cos 2 of the other teams let me down anyway... silver lining though, Liverpool lost again :D Played a morning session on Friday that I didn't update about which was absolutely grim. Just got completely hammered, everyone obv thought it was a good idea to call 3bets OOP with small PPs and flop sets every single time I happen to have an OP on like the best runout for me. Haven't had one like that for maybe a month, sessions where nothing you do is right and you just lost every big pot, so suppose I was due. Finished -£300, and that was pretty grim just writing it on my spreadsheet but I went and looked at all my monthly totals so far and it made me feel a bit better. The plan tonight was play the main and mini, then when I bust them grind some cash but I didn't expect to still be in them so late. I had deep runs in both and for a short time started to think a jackpot was possibly on the cards. In the mini, I lost AK v 88, then shipped 77 and didn't even see what they had or the runout cos I was busy shipping in the main but I just saw the 'you have finised in ....' message. I came 39/490 in the mini for £11.52. The ship at the same time in the main was AJ v KJ where I held to get a decent stack back. A while later I raised SB v BB with AKs (both our stacks were shallowish, don't know how it doesnt go in pre), he peels, I cbet AQ3dd, he raises and stacks-wise I can only shove/fold, I do shove and he obv has AQ. I actually think I can fold the flop just because of how passive most random people play these stages but meh I blew it. Came 19th in the main out of 362 for just over £90 so a +£65 day altogether. Might still go and play some cash now, dunno yet. Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance Lambert180 Small blind   400.00 400.00 17172.00 blueberr27 Big blind   800.00 1200.00 25107.50   Your hole cards K A       shubling Fold         shawsok Fold         macapaca Fold         Lambert180 Raise   1200.00 2400.00 15972.00 blueberr27 Call   800.00 3200.00 24307.50 Flop     Q A 3       Lambert180 Bet   1625.00 4825.00 14347.00 blueberr27 Raise   4850.00 9675.00 19457.50 Lambert180 All-in   14347.00 24022.00 0.00 blueberr27 Call   11122.00 35144.00 8335.50 Lambert180 Show K A       blueberr27 Show A Q       Turn     10       River     3       blueberr27 Win Two Pairs, Aces and Queens 35144.00   43479.50
    Posted by Lambert180
    I take it you are a Toffee?
  • edited September 2014
    UL paul GG.

when you say you can still fold this flop, does chip stack sizes play a part in this?

i've put 3 hands which probably sum up where i'm thinking my problem really lies.

i have went over the top with some of my clinic posts. i hope to now start calming down
  • edited September 2014
    Hard one that flop but don't really think you can fold