You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards -------:
    Siiiiigh, another deep run in an MTT with an anti-climatic end. Either I need a bit of rungood OR I need help on my end game... so many wasted deep runs recently. Main I didn't do that great, but finished 245th shipping KK into AK and losing. Mini was a lot better, ran vv good in races for quite a while but again at the crucial time it all went to pot. I had about 25xBB @ 2k/4k, SB opens from about 12xBB, I ship K9o, he tanks off A7o and holds. Very next hand, folds to me in SB, I ship JTo, BB snaps w/ AJo, and I'm left with 1xBB. Spun and stuck around for a little bit but bust 15th out of 668 for £42.90 (mostly heads). See Jac.... don't bother with MTTs, they suck :( Another decent cash session, nothing special, finished +£90. Decent start to the month, even if I am starting the month about week later than the rest of you.
    Posted by Lambert180
    not saying you do, but isn't this the problem with shipping K9. you fold out everything that you beat and are called by everything better. why gamble without a good chance of a double up?
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards ------- : not saying you do, but isn't this the problem with shipping K9. you fold out everything that you beat and are called by everything better. why gamble without a good chance of a double up?
    Posted by GELDY
    I'm not looking to double up, in fact, I can't double up jamming into someone that I have twice the stack of. I know a lot of people are vv reluctant to call off their stack at the end of tournies, so jamming over a minraise when someone only has about 12xBB is gonna get a TON of folds, plus it's BvB so alot of people are just opening anything as a default to steal at this stage, and I've got like 30% equity minimum when called anyway as long as it's not by AA/KK.

That's my thought process anyway, happy for others to disagree obv cos I might very well be taking bad spots... dunno, I'm no MTT sicko.

Dohhh is telling me it's just variance and almost all my exits are good spots.

Fwiw, here are the 2 hands from the mini last night that I mentioned in last night's update. All let me know what you think...
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    MindGames Small blind   2000.00 2000.00 48865.00
    Lambert180 Big blind   4000.00 6000.00 99582.99
      Your hole cards
    • K

SirFergie Fold        
    BlueEye911 Fold        
    TENERIFbob Fold        
    MindGames Raise   6000.00 12000.00 42865.00
    Lambert180 All-in   99582.99 111582.99 0.00
    MindGames All-in   42865.00 154447.99 0.00
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet   52717.99 101730.00 52717.99
    MindGames Show
    • A

Lambert180 Show
    • K

Flop

Turn

River

MindGames Win Straight to the 5 101730.00   101730.00
    Lambert180 Small blind   2000.00 2000.00 50717.99
    SirFergie Big blind   4000.00 6000.00 40960.00
      Your hole cards
    • J

BlueEye911 Fold        
    TENERIFbob Fold        
    MindGames Fold        
    Lambert180 All-in   50717.99 56717.99 0.00
    SirFergie All-in   40960.00 97677.99 0.00
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet   7757.99 89920.00 7757.99
    Lambert180 Show
    • J

SirFergie Show
    • A
    • J

Flop

• K

Turn

River

SirFergie Win Pair of 5s 89920.00   89920.00
  • edited October 2014
    Another decent session this morning on Sky, finished +£100 on cash.

I was planning to deposit on 'the big site' to punt a few of the cheap BI/huge field comps, and some of the lads suggested I have a go at a load of the 180man SnGs over there too so I can get lots of practice on my end game of MTT, so I did that this morning. Will be good tohave those games I can play on the side in the mornings if cash is slow on here.

Played 5 of them in total (4 x $2.50 and 1 x $3r) and min cashed 1 so not a great start but yeh that's tournies.

Ended up having a bash at those Spin N Go SnGs on there too. Obv played 5 and got the PP that's only two thirds of what the proper PP should be everytime. I won 2 of them, and got HU in 2 more of them (1 of which I realllly should have won but the guy was unbeatable in a race). so finished -$3 on those.

So a total loss of $20 on there.
  • edited October 2014
    Hi,

What do you think of those Spin and Go's? Ive played 70 so far and won 25 and managed +$40 return (at the $1 level). Obviously if your lucky enough to catch a jackpot SnG and win it then that would be awesome but I try and look at it to make a profit from the smaller bonuses that come along. 

Have you any idea what a decent win rate in a 3 man hyper SnG is? 40% or is that too little/small?

As for the 180 man SNG's, there a decent way of learning end game as you only start with 75BB and its hard to get deep so your always in those spots your looking to improve in. 
  • edited October 2014
    Hi, What do you think of those Spin and Go's? Ive played 70 so far and won 25 and managed +$40 return (at the $1 level). Obviously if your lucky enough to catch a jackpot SnG and win it then that would be awesome but I try and look at it to make a profit from the smaller bonuses that come along.  Have you any idea what a decent win rate in a 3 man hyper SnG is? 40% or is that too little/small? As for the 180 man SNG's, there a decent way of learning end game as you only start with 75BB and its hard to get deep so your always in those spots your looking to improve in. 
    Posted by CraigSG1

The swings will be unbarable

A 36% itm will profit long term but if you run bad in the big multipliers you could be a solid winner and have crazy downswings

The rake is lol bad. Staking stables and regs profit sharing could be one way to dampen variance but collusion becomes a risk. Winning players are slaves to recs and recs will love em so I can see regs forming groups and shared bankrolls to beat them. A few mega whales will be created and lots of peeps will lose tons playing them
  • edited October 2014
    Yeah, what Teddy said... swings would be unreal. I had/have no intention of grinding them, just played a few for fun.

Another steady decent session this morning, played for about 3 and half hours and finished +£100, glad to see my momentum from Sept carrying through to Oct.

I think I'm gonna play the £125 Grand Prix Final at DTDD coming up soon, anyone else going?
  • edited October 2014
    So I was out of tonight's main by about 10 past 8 tonight, sigh. Someone dropped short (about 900 chips) early on and then 3b/called it off pre w/ QJo, they held V my TT to halve my stack. Shortly after I walked into QQ myself as an OP to the board.

Cash started great, and I was running pretty amazing, then for the last hour I got hammered. Really frustrating and ending up standing from the tables to avoid doing anything stupid and spewing off my remaining profit. Finished +£110 on cash, was at least £250+ 60 minutes earlier like but still can't complain.

Overall a £200 day, very nice.

Points = 2284 (vvv poor I know)
  • edited October 2014
    Suppose it's a bit overdue but had a grim session tonight. For some reason, I always seem to have horrible Fri/Sat nights when they're supposed to be the most profitable times to play. The tables were great as well, but it was just one of those nights where people keep getting there.

These 2 pots were against the same guy in the space of about 3 minutes. Fwiw, in the 2nd hand I'd never normally raise any hand on such a dry flop but the villian was .... 'not very good' shall we say, and he really didn't like the fold button so I just wanted to make sure I could set him up to get the lot in by the river.
    Darian Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £24.84
    Lambert180 Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £134.11
      Your hole cards

unclerolf Fold        
    X Raise   £1.75 £2.50 £57.19
    NooGooood Fold        
    zinfan Fold        
    Darian Call   £1.50 £4.00 £23.34
    Lambert180 Call   £1.25 £5.25 £132.86
    Flop

Darian Check        
    Lambert180 Check        
    X Bet   £5.00 £10.25 £52.19
    Darian Call   £5.00 £15.25 £18.34
    Lambert180 Call   £5.00 £20.25 £127.86
    Turn

Darian Check        
    Lambert180 Check        
    X All-in   £52.19 £72.44 £0.00
    Darian Fold        
    Lambert180 Raise   £104.38 £176.82 £23.48
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet   £52.19 £124.63 £75.67
    Lambert180 Show

X Show

River

X Win Full House, 7s and 2s £122.83   £122.83
    Lambert180 Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £76.18
    unclerolf Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £34.93
    smoogsie05 Sit out        
      Your hole cards

X Raise   £1.50 £2.25 £120.91
    zinfan Call   £1.50 £3.75 £79.54
    Darian Fold        
    Lambert180 Call   £1.25 £5.00 £74.93
    unclerolf Fold        
    Flop

• A

Lambert180 Check        
    X Bet   £3.00 £8.00 £117.91
    zinfan Call   £3.00 £11.00 £76.54
    Lambert180 Raise   £9.00 £20.00 £65.93
    X Call   £6.00 £26.00 £111.91
    zinfan Fold        
    Turn

• J

Lambert180 Bet   £16.50 £42.50 £49.43
    X Call   £16.50 £59.00 £95.41
    River

Lambert180 All-in   £49.43 £108.43 £0.00
    X Call   £49.43 £157.86 £45.98
    Lambert180 Show

X Show
    • A

X Win Straight to the 5 £156.06   £202.04
    Those were just a couple of the big losses but yeah it was fairly brutal. Ended up being -£185 so could have been worse.

Played the main again but it was uneventful, no heads, and bust 134th.
  • edited October 2014
    Not played for a couple of days. On Saturday afternoon I went to a kid's birthday party with my little girls and me and Emma were chatting about a few things and it made me think that it's crazy how clever/strong the human body is. I won't go into all the details but when Lily was born the doctors said she had a 50/50 chance of surviving, and if she did she would definitely suffer long term damage. When she was born she had quite severe brain damage, she didn't take her first step until she was 3 (and it would be a long time before she could actually walk) and it was roughly the same age before she could talk.

I was reminded of this because of something that came up on Emma's FB on Timehop (for people that aren't sucked into the world of FB - it basically makes u aware of things you posted on this day 1 year ago, or on this day 2 years ago etc). The thing that came up on Emma's timehop the other day was from 3 years ago when Lily had the results back from her MRI and was told there was no signs of brain damage, so in the 3 years since she was born she had gone from severe brain damage to her brain 'healing itself'.

She is still of course behind on a few things, mostly physical things, but there was was at the party (6 yrs old now) dancing etc when it took her to the age of 3 to even walk, and she's literally top of the class in a lot of academic areas like reading.

===============================

GaryLaud seems to be struggling with 4NL. Beating 4NL is all about just good solid basics but they're only basic when you know them, so I said I'd do a video for him of me palying 4NL. I did it this morning, only 45 mins of me 6tabling with a small amount of me chatting (not much strat really). Just exported the vid so gonna upload to youtube and post on here and to him.
  • edited October 2014
    Not played for a couple of days. On Saturday afternoon I went to a kid's birthday party with my little girls and me and Emma were chatting about a few things and it made me think that it's crazy how clever/strong the human body is. I won't go into all the details but when Lily was born the doctors said she had a 50/50 chance of surviving, and if she did she would definitely suffer long term damage. When she was born she had quite severe brain damage, she didn't take her first step until she was 3 (and it would be a long time before she could actually walk) and it was roughly the same age before she could talk. I was reminded of this because of something that came up on Emma's FB on Timehop (for people that aren't sucked into the world of FB - it basically makes u aware of things you posted on this day 1 year ago, or on this day 2 years ago etc). The thing that came up on Emma's timehop the other day was from 3 years ago when Lily had the results back from her MRI and was told there was no signs of brain damage, so in the 3 years since she was born she had gone from severe brain damage to her brain 'healing itself'. She is still of course behind on a few things, mostly physical things, but there was was at the party (6 yrs old now) dancing etc when it took her to the age of 3 to even walk, and she's literally top of the class in a lot of academic areas like reading.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Lovely story. 
    I have a granddaughter who is now 3. She was born with a serious heart defect and had open heart surgery aged 3 x months.   (The surgeon said if this had happened 5 years previously she would probably NOT have survived!  Techniques had advanced so much.)  Anyhow, the operation was a massive success and she is now a normal kid who is like a whirling dervish ALL the time.   You are right, the human body is amazing.  The human mind is even more amazing.  
    GL
  • edited October 2014
    Not played for a couple of days. On Saturday afternoon I went to a kid's birthday party with my little girls and me and Emma were chatting about a few things and it made me think that it's crazy how clever/strong the human body is. I won't go into all the details but when Lily was born the doctors said she had a 50/50 chance of surviving, and if she did she would definitely suffer long term damage. When she was born she had quite severe brain damage, she didn't take her first step until she was 3 (and it would be a long time before she could actually walk) and it was roughly the same age before she could talk. I was reminded of this because of something that came up on Emma's FB on Timehop (for people that aren't sucked into the world of FB - it basically makes u aware of things you posted on this day 1 year ago, or on this day 2 years ago etc). The thing that came up on Emma's timehop the other day was from 3 years ago when Lily had the results back from her MRI and was told there was no signs of brain damage, so in the 3 years since she was born she had gone from severe brain damage to her brain 'healing itself'. She is still of course behind on a few things, mostly physical things, but there was was at the party (6 yrs old now) dancing etc when it took her to the age of 3 to even walk, and she's literally top of the class in a lot of academic areas like reading. =============================== GaryLaud seems to be struggling with 4NL. Beating 4NL is all about just good solid basics but they're only basic when you know them, so I said I'd do a video for him of me palying 4NL. I did it this morning, only 45 mins of me 6tabling with a small amount of me chatting (not much strat really). Just exported the vid so gonna upload to youtube and post on here and to him.
    Posted by Lambert180
    That's a great post Paul
    So pleased everythings working out for Lily.
    With parents like you and Emma to support her, I'm sure she'll be just fine.
  • edited October 2014
    Not played for a couple of days. On Saturday afternoon I went to a kid's birthday party with my little girls and me and Emma were chatting about a few things and it made me think that it's crazy how clever/strong the human body is. I won't go into all the details but when Lily was born the doctors said she had a 50/50 chance of surviving, and if she did she would definitely suffer long term damage. When she was born she had quite severe brain damage, she didn't take her first step until she was 3 (and it would be a long time before she could actually walk) and it was roughly the same age before she could talk. I was reminded of this because of something that came up on Emma's FB on Timehop (for people that aren't sucked into the world of FB - it basically makes u aware of things you posted on this day 1 year ago, or on this day 2 years ago etc). The thing that came up on Emma's timehop the other day was from 3 years ago when Lily had the results back from her MRI and was told there was no signs of brain damage, so in the 3 years since she was born she had gone from severe brain damage to her brain 'healing itself'. She is still of course behind on a few things, mostly physical things, but there was was at the party (6 yrs old now) dancing etc when it took her to the age of 3 to even walk, and she's literally top of the class in a lot of academic areas like reading. =============================== GaryLaud seems to be struggling with 4NL. Beating 4NL is all about just good solid basics but they're only basic when you know them, so I said I'd do a video for him of me palying 4NL. I did it this morning, only 45 mins of me 6tabling with a small amount of me chatting (not much strat really). Just exported the vid so gonna upload to youtube and post on here and to him.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Nice post lad.Rarely post on others pages atm,but still enjoy reading them.Yours is no exception.
    Be good
    Paul

• edited October 2014
    great update Paul.

Like bignoise, I'm a long time reader and rare (if ever) poster, but that one worthy of a response.

best wishes to you and your family.

#proudparents
  • edited October 2014
    Posted by Lambert180

well done lily et al.

and n1 for doing the video for Gary. 

• edited October 2014
    Cheers guys.

Here's the video I did for GaryLaud of me playing 4NL. Again not a huge amount of strat chat in the video but I think it's probably better not to go overboard with that anyway at this stage. I made a fair few mistakes along the way but meh, there's plenty of room to make little mistakes at these levels and still crush.

Feel fre to comment/abuse etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksaYY-oDs3c&feature=youtu.be
  • edited October 2014
    That's enough of this youtube pokery nonsense , now get back to sorting my footy team out!
    Whats it like working with Roy Keane? :-)

Great post from one of the best contributors on here !
  • edited October 2014
    Heartwarming update today Paul, glad things are going well.
  • edited October 2014
    Again, thanks everyone for the kind words.

Apart from the little bit of of 4NL for the GaryLaud vid, I aint played a session since Friday night were it all went a bit Pete Tong. I was gonna play last night but Emma's laptop decided to just stop working and so she had to borrow mine in the night time to do the Tesco online food shop.

So finally got a session in this moring. I've been thinking about it for a while and decided it was about time to start adding in some 100NL tables again. Just added 1 table of 100NL this morning alongside another 7 tables of 30-50NL. Finished the session +£150

Points are looking absolutely dreadful at 3065 but I'll deffo be making Prio at least.

I looked at the Cash Kings leaderboard thing yesterday when tey put the hand counts up and glad to see I was like 7500 hands clear of 11th place in the Micro one so should have £100 locked up there with only 5 days to go. Also should be able to get at least £100 from the Low stakes one too.
  • edited October 2014
    As said in facebook enjoyed your vid on the 4nl,  hoping too be back playing more serious myself and get back on the cash tables.

Very small roll for the time being and hopefully build on it bit by bit as i go. 

Having a few games tonight and if its cash it  will be 2-3 tables of 4nl and try and take note of what you where saying in your video.

quite confident in my game just need too keep the concentration up and stick with the gameplan.

will let you know how it goes.

• edited October 2014
    Cheers Chris, I found it quite fun doing the video for 4nl, probably because I felt nice and relaxed because I'm obviously very confident at those levels. Doing one for 50nl would be a bit trickier but maybe ill give it a go with less tables.

Hope the video helps anyway and gl back at the tables, feel free to let me know how you get on/ask for advice in here.

I've finally decided on a day 1 for the Grand Prix at DTD,  gonna play the 'early' one at 2pm on Thursday 23rd Oct, anyone else going?
  • edited October 2014
    Do a video for nl50 and I'll sell my soul to the devil! 
  • edited October 2014
    nice vid Paul,
    funny enough my notes on said player read remarkably similar to yours,

run golden
    Iah 
  • edited October 2014
    Cheers guys.

I'm not sure what you mean Geldy lol... I'd 100% happily do a 50NL video if I didn't spend almost 100% of my poker time grinding 50NL on Sky. Still may do one but will have to weigh up the pros and cons.

=====================================================================

Tonight was grimmmmm again. Somehow it wasn't that a big a loss but it was just beat after beat and I wasn't taking bad beats, I was on the wrong end of coolers or getting no value at all whenever I made a hand. Finished -£25 on cash which really is a miracle.

Played Turbo main, no good there, lost a flip.

Played 2 regular 6max SnGs for a bit of fun on the side when cash was quieter. Played a £5 and an £11, came 4th in both, flipped about 8 times in both of them combined and won 0. 

I didn't rungood tonight.

=========================================

Hand for analysis here, I won't show the full hand (what I did) but what would you do on the turn and more importantly why?

Villian is one of the better players at the level, I know this sounds like basics (but it feels like a lot of regs don't) but he understands which cards are good to barrel etc. He'll deffo be 3betting wide 200xBB eff and knows I'll be peeling fairly wide this deep too (albeit not ridic wide when OOP) so he doesn't necessarily have to be very strong on the turn
    X Small blind
    £0.25 £0.25 £215.70
    griff836 Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £25.00
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • J

huuuuume Fold        
    Lambert180 Raise   £1.50 £2.25 £157.45
    bolly580 Fold        
    X Raise   £4.75 £7.00 £210.95
    griff836 Fold        
    Lambert180 Call   £3.50 £10.50 £153.95
    Flop

X Bet   £7.00 £17.50 £203.95
    Lambert180 Call   £7.00 £24.50 £146.95
    Turn

• A

X Bet   £16.00 £40.50 £187.95

• edited October 2014
    Think i flat here this deep and play the hand kind of annoyingly face up i guess? Even if he is capable of betting this turn light we don't rep a whole lot? an if he's a thinking reg he would probably be onto us. Saying that i'm no expert an i'd definitely be interested in hearing views on this one 
  • edited October 2014
    Really happy flatting here.

If hes bluffing then we have the best hand.

Hell either give up or bomb river.

If he gves up then he is drawing really thin as we steal his outs and we win a high % of the time.

If he bombs then that just gives us great implied odds to hit our myriad of outs. We are already getting close to the correct odds to call, and him betting river with air makes the call good. We can bluff catch any king and vakue bet a diamond or queen

Our jack outs will help v any Tx in his range as he may shut down with that.

Yah flatting works really well v air and value
  • edited October 2014

Think the hand depends on how you construct your turn ranges. If your raising A10s, 10's + 4's (8 combos) for value then you need to have a few bluff's. KJs is a pretty good candidate as it blocks AK/AJ and has very good equity when called. Obviously if your plan is to flat all our value on the turn then we won't have a raising range at all (Against good regs)

It may also be a spot where villain may overfold as a lot of regs aren't comfortable gii 300bb with like AQ in this spot etc.

• edited October 2014
    Cheers all.

I posted this HH, but when I looked at it myself and was discussing it with mates, I just saw the dealer BTN next to villian so assumed we were OOP, which obv changes everything. If we were OOP and we just call the turn, he's gonna checkback almost all rivers which are an out to us, so leaves us in a spot where we are c/f missed rivers and if we hit, he's rarely gonna bet if we check and if we donk river our hand's kinda face up.

So that's kinda what I thought the discussion would be about, but was in a rush to post last night and missed we're actually IP, so seems a standard call flop, call turn.
  • edited October 2014
    A lot depends on what you'd do if you had a set of 3's or 4's in this spot. 

Did  you ever consider raising the flop with the flush draw + 2 overs? 

As played I call the turn bet as raising is,  in the main only going to get folds worse hands and see what the river card comes. 

Raising the river if he leads again is going to look super strong. 
  • edited October 2014
    Hi lambert,

played two tables of 4 nl tonight, for 1 hour whilst playing the FOSP game.

feel I done ok but room for improvement, made about a £7 profit.
    xxx Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £4.76
    xxx Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.65
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

TKaminski Fold     
    Chris_Mc Raise  £0.20 £0.26 £4.78
    kingfish57 Fold     
    Sngwizkid Fold     
    xxx Call  £0.18 £0.44 £4.58
    xxx Call  £0.16 £0.60 £4.49
    Flop

• K

xxxx Check     
    xxxx Check     
    Chris_Mc Bet  £0.45 £1.05 £4.33
    xxxx Call  £0.45 £1.50 £4.13
    xxxx Fold     
    Turn

xxxx All-in  £4.13 £5.63 £0.00
    Chris_Mc All-in  £4.33 £9.96 £0.00
    Chris_Mc Unmatched bet  £0.20 £9.76 £0.20
    xxxx Show
    • A

Chris_Mc Show
    • A
    • K

River

• Q

Chris_Mc Win Flush to the Ace £9.02  £9.22
    should I be playing this?
    xxx Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £2.99
    xxx Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.93
      Your hole cards

xxx Call  £0.04 £0.10 £2.41
    xxx Raise  £0.24 £0.34 £5.92
    xxx All-in  £1.06 £1.40 £0.00
    Chris_Mc Call  £1.06 £2.46 £2.88
    xxxx Fold     
    xxxx Fold     
    xxxx Call  £1.02 £3.48 £1.39
    xxxx Call  £0.82 £4.30 £5.10
    Flop

• Q

xxxxCheck     
    xxxx Check     
    Chris_Mc Bet  £2.15 £6.45 £0.73
    xxxxFold     
    xxxx Fold     
    Chris_Mc Unmatched bet  £2.15 £4.30 £2.88
    xxxx Show

Chris_Mc Show

Turn

River

• K

Chris_Mc Win Full House, 6s and 10s £3.97

and this one?
    Chris_Mc Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £9.68
    xxxx Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £1.72
    xxxx Sit out     
      Your hole cards

xxxx Fold     
    xxxx Call  £0.04 £0.10 £5.51
    xxxx Fold     
    Chris_Mc Call  £0.02 £0.12 £9.66
    xxxx Raise  £0.12 £0.24 £1.60
    xxxx Call  £0.12 £0.36 £5.39
    Chris_Mc Call  £0.12 £0.48 £9.54
    Flop

Chris_Mc Check     
    xxxx All-in  £1.60 £2.08 £0.00
    xxxx Fold     
    Chris_Mc Call  £1.60 £3.68 £7.94
    Chris_Mc Show

xxxx Show
    • A
    • Q

Turn

River

Chris_Mc Win Two Pairs, 4s and 3s £3.40  
  • edited October 2014
    RE: my 50NL hand above... as I say, for some reason my brain failed and I was analysing it as though I was OOP which is what makes it an interesting discussion imo. Now I've realised I'm IP, it just becomes a fairly standard call by the sounds of it after speaking to a few people about it.

Although I made it like £41 and got a fold.

====================================

Hi Chris...

Hand 1 - nh, wp

Hand 2 - Yeh deffo can't fold this, all we've seen is 2 limps (likely junk hands) and a 25xBB shove which I'd never fold TT to at 4NL. Think calling is best, and if one of the limpers happens to jam think we just gotta go with it and win what is probably a flip. Nh.

Hand 3 - Probably not the worst call in the world, can be a lot of stuff like he has, 2 big cards trying to nick the pot or FDs.  I wouldn't fault a fold or a call here readless. Nh.