You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards -------:
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards ------- : Playing sats for cash? How do you sleep at night!
    Posted by MattBates
    i usually do the same thing myself.

one of the reasons i usually prefer to use cash tables rather than join sats is cash is a very nitty game at the lower levels, the number of times i've a flop such as 3c 7s 3s or Qc 2d 6s, in cash i'm expecting to win the pot as soon as i cbet, cbet the flop in a micro stakes MTT or sat and i'm called 9 times out of 10 but Ch and i see these min blocker bets done.

it might sound strange but i'm thinking i myself for some reason have better times playing against players such as yourself than i do against those who like to see flops.

i don't know weather it's me being over aggressive, over playing hands, over valuing them or just not being respectful enough post flop.

so i would love it if you could do a video of how you yourself play against these players in the semi and mini MTTs please.
  • edited November 2014
    Craig that is an age old fish comment to say stuff like 'I'd rather play against better players', 'they respect my raises' etc etc. It's just flawed thinking, you wanna play against the worst players you can find, sure sometimes there's bigger swings involved but your edge/winnings will be bigger long term. GL FT'ing main events if everyone you played against was like Matt Bates!

Wiiii had my first good session for a while. I played 2 x £6 UKOPS sats and 2 x £12 ones, and finally managed to win one to take £110 cash. Only took me about £105 to do it ;)

So I was +£74 for the sats and finished just over +£270 for cash too, so a very decent morning, and got myself in the black for the month now.

Gonna be starting back at the gym again soon. It'll be good for me to just actually leave the house for a change, good for my health, it just helps get a bit of balance into my life/game, plus I think it'll help my general mental state/tilt etc.

Points = 2383
  • edited November 2014
    I got some pay back for the nice session this morning by literally everything going wrong tonight.

The most frustrating one was the main cos obv it's the biggest BI and it's a bit of a morale killer when you bust the biggest comp at the start of the session. I had a big punter on my table, you may have seen on 861, first hand of the comp he 3b and called huge 4b OOP first hand with K9s, managed to get very lucky and bust the guy who had KK. Then those 5k chips he'd won were gone again instantly. He was 3betting huge every hand etc.

He drops down to about 2.5k (5k starting) and 3b
    me very big (normal sizing for him), so I 4b vv big with AK, happy to GII and making it pretty obvious it was a committing size. He ignored that and just decided to peel the 4b OOP for half his stack with 57o instead. He flops 2nd pr and given stack sizes I can never fold, goes in on like J72 and we miss our overs.

Shortly after I'm SB v MacMonsters BB, I have AJ, he has AA, flop is like J63 in a 3b pot, so that was gg.

Reg an £11 BH, open 33, flop comes 369ss, guy donk ships KQss, and that was gg another comp. By this point I was running out of comps to register on Sky and didn't wanna sit there 1-2 tabling while I wait for the later comps to start so tried opening 888 and stars, both of which needed a software update and for some reason wouldn't update, so I can't play on either of them atm lol.

I sold a package to a few guys and gals for 50% of my UKOPS action (didn't include the minis cos they're cheap) btw

So in the end was only able to play ...

£110 main (£55 cos part of the package)
    £22 Deepy (£11 cos part of the package)
    £750 GTD £11 BH
    £1k GTD £11 BH
    £2k GTD £11 BH
    £6 UKOPS Direct Sat to £110 ME tonight.

Got 1 head for £3.75 so lost about £100 total. I've had worse days!
  • edited November 2014
    Only played cash this morning, I did try to play one UKOPS sat but it got cancelled after only getting 2 runners.

Very swingy session, won lots of big pots, but lost lots too. Finished the session +£12

Points = 3187
  • edited November 2014
    Another sigh night of MTTs. Ran awful in the UKOPS main again, ran awful in £55 UKOPS BH, i just seem to be unable to win a pot in any of the tournies I've sold action for. My first chance to get some money back for the stake was 99 v 44 in £55 BH but 4 river put a stop to that. I eventually managed to spin my stack back up and did take 1 head, then I GII on J95r with KK v J4o, obv river was the 4 for me to bust, so got a total of £18.75 cashes for the stake atm.

I regged a sat which I thought was to the ME but it was actually to the ME semi which if I'd known I wouldn't have bothered with so just regged Semi to take the £££ if I won.

Another mega sigh from yet another deep run on here (in the mini) that amounted to nothing.

So in total I played....

£110 Main (£55 cos part of package) - £0
    £55 BH (£27.50 cos part of package) - £18.75 of heads
    £1k GTD £11 BH - 58/161 and £7.50 of heads
    £2k GTD £11 BH - 112/241 and £8.44 of heads
    UKOPS Semi Sat - 3/11 bubbling the seats for £4.80
    £250 GTD £2 Speed Rebuy - 5/104 for £28.08
    £5.50 UKOPS Mini - 12/786 - £31 ... siiiiigh

Total loss of about £30.

Points = 3372
  • edited November 2014
    Hey Lambert, I just looked at your profile on SharkScope.

What are the small buyin STT's your playing? The graph shows that the rake is crushing you. I highly doubt that they are beatable with 10% rake.

http://postimg.org/image/g5w3dm4f1/
  • edited November 2014
    Hey Lambert, I just looked at your profile on SharkScope. What are the small buyin STT's your playing? The graph shows that the rake is crushing you. I highly doubt that they are beatable with 10% rake.   http://postimg.org/image/g5w3dm4f1/
    Posted by dub1

Lol I assume this is a genuine question and not another rundown about this topic, either way I don't mind.

Those games you refer to will be Russian roulettes so yes they are unbeatable. I only played them for a points promo on here cos I knew it would be +ev if I ran even close to EV. Obv I ran like lambo tho and finished £500 below EV.

So the sng part of my SS is ruined but meh I only care about the mtt bit anyway. Shows I lose just under £3k iirc but obv you can't see that I won a £1k ukpc seat + £500 cash + nearly £1.5k rakeback. So would have been about +500 if I ran EV but worked out as a vv small loss.

So now looking st scheduled only is the only way to see a meaningful SS for me

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards ------- : Lol I assume this is a genuine question and not another rundown about this topic, either way I don't mind. Those games you refer to will be Russian roulettes so yes they are unbeatable. I only played them for a points promo on here cos I knew it would be +ev if I ran even close to EV. Obv I ran like lambo tho and finished £500 below EV. So the sng part of my SS is ruined but meh I only care about the mtt bit anyway. Shows I lose just under £3k iirc but obv you can't see that I won a £1k ukpc seat + £500 cash + nearly £1.5k rakeback. So would have been about +500 if I ran EV but worked out as a vv small loss. So now looking st scheduled only is the only way to see a meaningful SS for me
    Posted by Lambert180
    No it was a genuine concern. Lol, I just read back through your thread and seen your post on the matter. I can't believe you actually get action on RR's. I understand your reasoning now but the poeple giving you action must be really stupid. 
  • edited November 2014
    Getting boring writing it (and playing through it myself) but if I'm gonna sing when I'm winning then it's only fair I moan when I'm losing and tonight was yet again brutal.

UKOPS Main, I was fortunate to get an early bounty, one guy dropped to 15 chips a couple of hands in, and the very next hand I had AT and won the pot/his bounty. Obv that luck lasted for all of about 5 minutes when I had 88 v 99 shortly after on 89T flop, GII on the turn and it was gg.

£22 UKOPS BH was AK<QQ no heads

£55 deepy I trundled along for longer than the others but wasn't getting much going and eventually bust 31/70.

£1k £11 BH - I doubled early doors (but didn't take a head), so I had 4k and another villian on the table had 4k too. 5 mins later, I iso'd his limp with JT, got the Q89ccc flop, turns out he'd limp/called 74cc and I was drawing dead. So doubled starting stack and bust in <10mins... impressive skills.

£2k £11 BH - got to the mid stages without any heads, then opened KT, villian peels BB then donk shoves T93r, I call, he has AQ and I bust.

Played some cash tonight because the brutality above meant that there were periods of me 0tabling waiting for more MTTs to load etc. That went equally bad, lots of coolers, lots of stuff like KK<QQ aipf, lots of runbad essentially. Finished cash -£180 which was a pretty good result considering. Only as good as it was because one of the 50NL tables broke to just me and one guy that was on the fishy side and I took about £100 off him before he sat out.

So-£180 cash and -£95 on MTTs which puts me just a smidge back into the red for the month. God I'll be glad to see the back of this UKOPS!!

Points - 4181
  • edited November 2014
    are you seperatng your cash and mtt bankroll...?  

I dont spose you need to if overrolled. 
  • edited November 2014
    sounds very much like a run i had back in seeptember, i was going into MTTs constantly loosing a decent pot having attempted to isolate a limper, then going onto cash, loosing large amounts in coolers and i'll struggle to recover them losses as the cash are not as loose as the MTTs.

don't let it get at you to much, i would recommend just taking a break as you might be not getting the full focus needed as that 7c4c seems to tell me, maybe you have things on your mind, take a break mate.
  • edited November 2014
    I got some pay back for the nice session this morning by literally everything going wrong tonight. The most frustrating one was the main cos obv it's the biggest BI and it's a bit of a morale killer when you bust the biggest comp at the start of the session. I had a big punter on my table, you may have seen on 861, first hand of the comp he 3b and called huge 4b OOP first hand with K9s, managed to get very lucky and bust the guy who had KK. Then those 5k chips he'd won were gone again instantly. He was 3betting huge every hand etc. He drops down to about 2.5k (5k starting) and 3b me very big (normal sizing for him), so I 4b vv big with AK, happy to GII and making it pretty obvious it was a committing size. He ignored that and just decided to peel the 4b OOP for half his stack with 57o instead. He flops 2nd pr and given stack sizes I can never fold, goes in on like J72 and we miss our overs. Shortly after I'm SB v MacMonsters BB, I have AJ, he has AA, flop is like J63 in a 3b pot, so that was gg. Reg an £11 BH, open 33, flop comes 369ss, guy donk ships KQss, and that was gg another comp. By this point I was running out of comps to register on Sky and didn't wanna sit there 1-2 tabling while I wait for the later comps to start so tried opening 888 and stars, both of which needed a software update and for some reason wouldn't update, so I can't play on either of them atm lol. I sold a package to a few guys and gals for 50% of my UKOPS action (didn't include the minis cos they're cheap) btw So in the end was only able to play ... £110 main (£55 cos part of the package) £22 Deepy (£11 cos part of the package) £750 GTD £11 BH £1k GTD £11 BH £2k GTD £11 BH £6 UKOPS Direct Sat to £110 ME tonight. Got 1 head for £3.75 so lost about £100 total. I've had worse days!
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hi m8

I was just wondering whjere you sold action at. Also do you ever buy action in other players - GL with turning the minidownswing around
  • edited November 2014
    the it went was you would have just seen me 3bet an AK then do a Ch with that on the flop, you'll be likely to show much more respect when a bet is made so i though maybe do a value bet on the flop then it comes a brick so i'm thinking  you have certainly got a pair, if i did a second value bet i could well be then thinking i'll have to jam the river and the difference with AQ is won't be as good if a K came,so i treat it like a polarised bet.
    QQ and JJ charging the AK large amount for calls  AK AQ attempting to get rid of the very smallest pairs and AA KK doing a polarised bet rather than two value bets.
    andrew1947 Small blind   100.00 100.00 12275.00
    VILLAINS Big blind   200.00 300.00 14012.50
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

Lambert180 Raise   400.00 700.00 8545.00
    ShuvMonkey Fold        
    craigcu12 Raise   800.00 1500.00 8010.00
    lanks1 Fold        
    andrew1947 Fold        
    VILLAINS Fold        
    Lambert180 Call   400.00 1900.00 8145.00
    Flop

Lambert180 Check        
    craigcu12 Bet   800.00 2700.00 7210.00
    Lambert180 Call   800.00 3500.00 7345.00
    Turn

Lambert180 Check        
    craigcu12 Bet   2400.00 5900.00 4810.00
    Lambert180 Fold        
    craigcu12 Muck        
    craigcu12 Win   3500.00   8310.00
    craigcu12 Return   2400.00 0.00 10710.00
  • edited November 2014
    @TPTP - Nah I don't keep seperate rolls. Happily rolled for the cash and MTTs level I play so don't feel the need.

@Craig - I don't know what you mean about the 74cc hand. If I flop JT on Q98ccc in an £11 BH then I'm getting it in. We'd have to be insanely deep or playing against the nittiest nit ever to not GII there. That hand is just another cooler to add to my list of many. Nh from the main, it was your turn sizing that threw me off, very bizarre to go from a small flop bet to a relatively huge turn bet on the brickiest of bricks on the turn, it just shouldn't ever be a bluff really and that's all I could beat (I had 99 fwiw).

@MP33 - I have a few poker mates I talk to most days... Dohhhhh, Evil_Pingu, AJ_Rockets and Don_90 who I occasionally sell to. There's also a FB group for anyone on Sky that wants to sell action and that's where I sold this package. I have bought the odd bit of action in players but tbh I'm quite picky and most of the players that I'd deem to be good enough for me to want to buy don't often sell action.

======================================

I am so glad UKOPS is over. It's been absolutely grim from start to finish.

Main event tonight was pretty meh, going along ok, dribbled away  a bit below starting stack. Eventually got to about 25xBB, the table fish opens from 20xBB, I 3b jam AQs, he snaps AJo and in-keeping with the theme of the week, of course he hits the jack. I'm left with 5xBB and it folds to me in the SB the very next hand, I shove A6o and the BB calls with 23s. I flop my 6 and he just does runner runner straight to bust me lol. Absolutely bizarre call, I could 100% understand it when everyone else is SO deep and I've got 5xBB if it was a BH, but in a freezeout it's just madness to call in that spot when you are behind to literally 100% of hands but w/e, was happy with the call until he did runner runner straight obv.

£1k £11 BH - bust out flush v rivered FH

£2k £11 BH - I GII on the turn with the 2nd nut straight and a FD, he had the nut straight and I bricked.

£11 Mini - Doing quite well then bust 88<AQ

£55 BH - Went quite deep in this but didn't take any heads and then bust 99<AK

£22 BH - Went really deep in this and this was the one that could have been the saver for the whole series. Still ran pretty bad in it, had so many great spots to build a stack and take heads and lost the races every single time. Eventually bust for next to nothing (yet again), finishing 17th for £56.44 with £1k + heads up top :( bust out was ATs<AK

Deffo the worst period of runbad I've had in MTTs are it certainly is marvelous to happen bang in the middle of UKOPS when I'm playing the biggest BIs Sky run all year. Can't wait to just get back to the cash tables and try to get out of the hole from UKOPS.

AJ Rockets is still going in that £22 BH with 3 left so hope he takes it down, and as I write this he's just gone HU against The_Hux.
  • edited November 2014
    @TPTP - Nah I don't keep seperate rolls. Happily rolled for the cash and MTTs level I play so don't feel the need. @Craig - I don't know what you mean about the 74cc hand. If I flop JT on Q98ccc in an £11 BH then I'm getting it in. We'd have to be insanely deep or playing against the nittiest nit ever to not GII there. That hand is just another cooler to add to my list of many. Nh from the main, it was your turn sizing that threw me off, very bizarre to go from a small flop bet to a relatively huge turn bet on the brickiest of bricks on the turn, it just shouldn't ever be a bluff really and that's all I could beat (I had 99 fwiw). @MP33 - I have a few poker mates I talk to most days... Dohhhhh, Evil_Pingu, AJ_Rockets and Don_90 who I occasionally sell to. There's also a FB group for anyone on Sky that wants to sell action and that's where I sold this package. I have bought the odd bit of action in players but tbh I'm quite picky and most of the players that I'd deem to be good enough for me to want to buy don't often sell action. ====================================== I am so glad UKOPS is over. It's been absolutely grim from start to finish. Main event tonight was pretty meh, going along ok, dribbled away  a bit below starting stack. Eventually got to about 25xBB, the table fish opens from 20xBB, I 3b jam AQs, he snaps AJo and in-keeping with the theme of the week, of course he hits the jack. I'm left with 5xBB and it folds to me in the SB the very next hand, I shove A6o and the BB calls with 23s. I flop my 6 and he just does runner runner straight to bust me lol. Absolutely bizarre call, I could 100% understand it when everyone else is SO deep and I've got 5xBB if it was a BH, but in a freezeout it's just madness to call in that spot when you are behind to literally 100% of hands but w/e, was happy with the call until he did runner runner straight obv. £1k £11 BH - bust out flush v rivered FH £2k £11 BH - I GII on the turn with the 2nd nut straight and a FD, he had the nut straight and I bricked. £11 Mini - Doing quite well then bust 88<AQ £55 BH - Went quite deep in this but didn't take any heads and then bust 99<AK £22 BH - Went really deep in this and this was the one that could have been the saver for the whole series. Still ran pretty bad in it, had so many great spots to build a stack and take heads and lost the races every single time. Eventually bust for next to nothing (yet again), finishing 17th for £56.44 with £1k + heads up top :( bust out was ATs<AK Deffo the worst period of runbad I've had in MTTs are it certainly is marvelous to happen bang in the middle of UKOPS when I'm playing the biggest BIs Sky run all year. Can't wait to just get back to the cash tables and try to get out of the hole from UKOPS. AJ Rockets is still going in that £22 BH with 3 left so hope he takes it down, and as I write this he's just gone HU against The_Hux.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Everything youve said here it feels like im reading my own diary, so glad UKOPS is over aswell. probably lost about 1k in tournaments. Cash saved me but still ran insanely bad. Hope the luck changes for the both of us lol
  • edited November 2014
    my point about the 7c4c is you must have did some over betting, I understand it being a BH and people playing loose but that normally occurs if a short stack has gone all in. overall it was hard to tell without seeing the very hand, early i'm guessing means you have 50BB.

with the AQ i saw the play i did with AK ,it give me the assistance to represent a large pair this time round if a bet is done.

So having ch the 5 high board holding my AK, on this occasion you might be thinking i've got a premium pair, as you did call, i've thought myself. do you hold the set or does the consideration of you knowing me well tell you a call is fine with middle pairs on the flop.
    so i see a brick on the turn thought, as i've got over cards i'm still hopeful of a bluff working and if it didn't work i could  hit the over card itself on river.

if i did do a value bet on the turn and a 3rd brick came on the river, i see a spot which i'm sure to see you call a large bet because by then you'd think youself it would be stupid of JJ-AA waste the chance of getting that 3rd call by weaker so they do a value bet, the thing about value bet is that has great chance of calls.
  • edited November 2014
    Do you ever take a break from poker? like 3days+?  if you dont then maybe you should try it, especially when you are on a downsing, even if you have a couple of winning days after it can feel like a defeat if you havent managed to catch up with your losses from before...  I always suggest a break and then coming back with a fresh start and a new outlook.

Obviously you are a very competant cash player, but do you refocus before switching to MTTs? Im a poor/average cash player and if im to play MTT's after an afternoon of cash i have to give myself 30mins/hour break to mentally prepare for MTT's otherwise i look back the next day and notice a few leaks or that i was playing with a slightly robotic cash mentality early in the tournaments.

Hope you start to run better mate, but I would definitely look back over your play before the exit hands as it only takes a few small tweaks at certain stages of tournaments to go from having to get it in for your life, to being able to pressurise everyone else for there life around you
  • edited November 2014
    my point about the 7c4c is you must have did some over betting, I understand it being a BH and people playing loose but that normally occurs if a short stack has gone all in. overall it was hard to tell without seeing the very hand, early i'm guessing means you have 50BB. with the AQ i saw the play i did with AK give me the assistance to represent a large pair this time round. So having ch the 5 high board holding my AK you might be thinking i've got a premium pair, as you did call i've thought myself do you hold the set or does the consideration of you knowing me well tell you a call is fine with middle pairs on the flop. so i see a brick on the turn i think, as i've got over cards i'm still hopeful of a bluff working, if it didn't work, i could still hit the over card itself. if i did do a value bet on the turn and a 3rd brick came on the river then i see a spot which i'm sure to see you call a large bet because by then it would be stupid of JJ-AA wasting the chance of getting that 3rd call, so i do a value bet and probably see some pairs maybe call.
    Posted by craigcu12
    Craig, really no need to ramble. All you need to say to Lambo is that you owned him in that hand.

Regards, UKOPs HR runner up.
  • edited November 2014
    @ Craig - No, there was no over-betting involved in the hand. It was early but those cames are pretty quick, if I remember rightly it was 40/80 (4k effective stacks), so he limps 80, I iso to about 240 and he calls, pot is now about 480, I go close to pot so something like 350, think he makes it just shy of 1000 and I ship. Should be more than happy getting 50xBB in on the flop in this scenario imo, sure sometimes you'll see flopped flushes, but that'll happen a lot less often than the times we see sets, 2pr, a bare NFD, a pr + NFD, a pr + half decent FD like QT with a half decent club. I've seen plenty of times people GII in spots like this as weak as QJ with no club, maybe cos they got a GS with their TP, maybe cos they 'put me on a FD', maybe cos they just fancy a gamble, but either way I think readless this is an absolutely stonewall GII and be happy about it in a low stakes BH on here.

RE: The AK hand prior to the HH posted, I don't even remember it tbh so I've no idea how that played out or how it would affect my play or yours. It's important not to be results orientated, I still think your turn sizing is too big... When it comes to barrelling the turn or not it's pretty close imo and there's gonna be a bit of levelling involved as to whether you do it or not. Ofc when I open UTG it's gonna be my tightest range, so when you 3bet you're also gonna have a pretty narrow range, maybe AQ+, TT/JJ+ for value and maybe the odd light 3bet combo. You know I'm a half decent player, so I'm not gonna be calling 3bets OOP with marginal/weak hands against a likely very strong range. Flop is standard, I like your sizing, it does a much better job on such a dry flop whether you're trying to get value or trying to give yourself a good price to get folds.

The turn is a terrible card to barrel in theory, but that's where the levelling comes in. I don't think I'll have made it to the turn with anything less than 77+ and AK, so given how strong my range is, in theory you should never be bluffing such a blank turn imo BUT then you can barrel it for that exact reason... it is a terrible card to bluff, and you know I'm decent and will understand it's a bad card to bluff so I should really rule out the weaker part of your range and assume you have the stronger end of your range TT/JJ+ which obv has me crushed.

#Levelzzzz

But either way, I think you can barrel the turn smaller cos it gets the same job done when I'm towards the bottom end of my range, and when I'm towards the top of my range, 77,88, AA, KK you save yourself money when you have to give up on the river (which you should be on all rivers if i call again imo).

Out of interest, would you have used the same sizings pre, flop and turn with say AA? Something to consider against regs if you're gonna do X sizing with value and Y sizing with bluffs/the weaker part of your range.

Also RE: not discussing strat/hands (mentioned in the TPT thread), I really wouldn't worry about it, in fact I'd say it's vv important you do continue doing it. When it comes to cash in can become a bit of a tricky situation because you are going to play tens of thousands of hands against the same people over and over. MTTs are very different, I've had a lot of advice/discussed MTT strat with Bates and TommyD, but I could easily play every single main event for 6 months straight and not be surprised if I actually end up playing with them less than 10 times in that period, that's just MTTs for ya. In any given MTT, the split between people who have seen you discuss strat and will use the info and those that haven't/wont is probably close to 95% v 5% in favour of people having not seen it (it's probably <1% of the player base that actually use the forum).

Jeez this reply has got so long, I'll post this now and reply to others in a seperate one.
  • edited November 2014
    I do have days off quite often, my volume is pretty poor imo. I don't usually take 3 days off in a row but have done the odd time.

As for refocussing, I don't generally paly cash for X hours, then go straight into playing MTTs. I'll occasionally play them together but recently I think one game tends to suffer if I do, it's not always cash or always MTTs but I always seem to end up slightly in auto pilot on one. So during UKOPS I wasn't playing any cash at the same time, apart from one night and that was just cos I'd bust so many MTTs so fast that I didn't have any left to play lol.

Cheers for the input anyway Jordz.

=========================================

Had the full day off yesterday, I really needed it after UKOPS. I was straight back into the good old cash tables today, bit of 50NL, bit of 100NL. One of the 100NL tables was really frustrating, it was a great table full of value but the guy to my direct right just ran over me... the two that spring to mind (although there were many more) are him getting it in on a 244hh flop with QJo, no pr, no draw.... he wasn't good when it went in, but he was by the river. Then peeling a 3bet with 94 and the flop coming Q94 when I've got AQ lol. I did have near £400 at one point on the table but that guy was responsible for me leaving with about £250.

Still managed to finish +£80 for the session so I'm happy with that, after UKOPS, any win is a win.

Points = 4909
  • edited November 2014
    Another session of 40/50/100NL this morning. Could do with Mr Runbad taking his foot off the gas for just a little while, getting pretty sigh.

It was only a -£25 session so not too bad, it'd just be nice if I could win a flip or two once in a while.

Points = 5380
  • edited November 2014
    Pretty decent result tonight, so it might sound a bit moany but still felt like I ran pretty bad in a ton of spots.

Played the main, was floating around just over starting stack maybe 30 mins in. UTG minraises and I just flat KK in UTG1 because Bearlyther is in the blinds with about 12xBB and I expect him to jam decently wide and I know people love to go nuts once a shorty is all in, he jams A5s as expected, someone rejams behind for about 50xBB with JJ and I snap reshove. Bearly manages to spike an ace on the river but I hold against the JJ to take a bounty and still pretty much double up. The bustout was me opening JJ on the BTN and getting peeled by the SB who just would not fold ATC. He raises my cbet on a wet T high board and I call, turn is another T, and river is a brick so flush and straights have all missed, he jams, I call, and turns out he'd raised the flop with KTo... meh. 246/441 for just the £14.06 head

Mini I don't remember quite as well how it went, I got quite far but bust 148/552 with just 1 head for £1.88

Played the £6 sat into next week's double gte Thursday BH, just cos I saw there was a ton of overlay during late reg (20 odd runners when it needed 60 odd to meet gte). It ended up breaking the guarantee in the end and I managed to get a seat so £33 there.

So that paid for my other MTTs and finished +£4.44

Cash result was a lot better, I finished +£250 but could have been a lot better if I hadn't ran like I did. 

This is the best one... talk about flop well!! then I get the justice turn card, then it's like nahhh no chance Lambo lol.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    haidyboy Small blind   £0.20 £0.20 £43.98
    kev1993 Big blind   £0.40 £0.60 £37.73
      Your hole cards

Lambert180 Raise   £1.20 £1.80 £38.80
    DARTY180 Call   £1.20 £3.00 £46.56
    NooGooood Fold        
    PokerKinga Call   £1.20 £4.20 £14.23
    haidyboy Fold        
    kev1993 Fold        
    Flop

Lambert180 Bet   £2.00 £6.20 £36.80
    DARTY180 Call   £2.00 £8.20 £44.56
    PokerKinga Fold        
    Turn

Lambert180 Bet   £5.00 £13.20 £31.80
    DARTY180 All-in   £44.56 £57.76 £0.00
    Lambert180 All-in   £31.80 £89.56 £0.00
    DARTY180 Unmatched bet   £7.76 £81.80 £7.76
    Lambert180 Show

DARTY180 Show
    • J

River

DARTY180 Win Four 8s £80.00   £87.76
    Points = 5663
  • edited November 2014
    Where's Lambo?
  • edited November 2014
    Yo DTM and all, I aint dead!

Stating the obvious that I aint updated for ages but it's because I aint played much for a while either. Had a couple of grim sessions of cash last weekend, I could post HHs but it's just standard bad beat yawn stuff. Had another mega frustrating deep run in the mini the other night and finished 19th for next to nothing again. I literally must have finished top 20 in the mini 5-6 times in the last couple of months and still those cashes combined probably total <£100

Anyways, decided to stop being an idiot and moaning about a lack of MTT scores when I only play like 5-10 comps a week if I'm lucky. I'm pretty confident I have a big edge in pretty much 100% of Sky comps but it's obviously ridiculous to expect to actually get regular results with that kinda lolvolume, so I'm making a proper push for MTTs from now on.

In the mornings, I'll probably play cash or will have to play other sites cos there just aren't any MTTs I wanna play on here at that time of day, then evenings will be devoted to MTTs. If I busto everything at a reasonable hour (11pm/midnight ish) then I'll play a couple of hours cash... if I'm going deep in stuff, I won't, simples.

Last night was the first night of me trying this out, devoting evenings to MTTs and had a few bits and bobs, heads here and there but managed to FT the £55 BH. Small cash cos I only took 1 head and finished 4th but still about +£100 for the night. Shipped A9o 4handed, Darsum called w/ 99 and flopped me practically dead with the case 9. Just nabbed this from Gary's thread...
    darsum3332960001st/74£536.50 + £462.40 Head Prizes12 
    paul1002£351.50 + £169.33 Head Prizes6 
    BOOOOO03£217.38 + £147.67 Head Prizes6 
    Lambert18004£175.75 + £18.75 Head Prizes1
    Which brings me to a premature 2015 goal. I'll bring this up again closer to the end of the year or at the start of next year but I'm deffo going for a target of getting on the SS leaderboard for Sky MTTs, which is at stands would take just under £10k profit iirc.

• edited November 2014
    Had a grim last couple of days in MTTs.

Last night closest near misses... I stone bubbled a sat for a £110 Roller seat, and lost 88vA8 about 3 off the seats in another Roller sat to virtually lock up another £110. Few heads here and there but nothing else really.

Played some cash this morning and was +£100 so that was nice as set me up freerolling the night's MTTs.

Then tonight was another night of bricks. Stone bubbled a UKPC QF sat that I was just playing for the £50, came vv close to the seats in a £6 sat into the £55 speed BH, again was just playing it for the £55 (although it ran on quite late so think I'd have needed to just play it). The only cashes were 2 heads in BHs so just a small profit today thanks to the morning cash session.

Wednesday Rebuy tomorrow, goooooooo!!!

Oh yeah, just thought I'd share this, obviously it's rubbish at the mo, but should hopefully look a lot nicer in a few months. I finally got round to setting up a P5 account a few days ago. As I say it's pretty empty atm but iirc my total games played lifetime on FTP is like <5, stars is prob <10, and 888 is maybe 20 max.

http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/lambert180/
  • edited November 2014
    Whats that I can hear? Sounds like its coming all the way from Budapest?

I think, I think......I think it's the sound of Patrick Leonard sobbing into his pillow.

Be afraid Pleno, sh11t just got real.
  • edited November 2014
    I've been trying to play more MTT's recently too although I only play on Sky and a lot of night times am busy with other stuff so generally only get 1/2 nights during the week and the weekend at max! My results have been grim. Can't find my diary to update about it but yeah variance in MTT's just hurts!! I enjoy it from the cash grind but can't see me ever just playing MTT's.

I still can't fathom the value in playing sat's. What's your ROI% in them? I just think say you play the £6 sat into the £55. One in 10 cash right and maybe (optimistically?) you cash 1 in 5. So for every 5 sats you make £31 which is about £6 a satellite. I'm guessing they take at least an hour,maybe hour and a half? So that's maybe £4 an hour at the very most optimistic which would be good for just 1 table. But I'm guessing you don't cash 1 in 5 and they sometimes last longer than an hour so probably more like £1/£2? And surely you can just play an extra cash table and make that in 1 hour. 
  • edited November 2014
    Damn straight, I'm sure Pleno is shaking in his boots...

Yeah MTT variance can be grim, it's slightly less bad if you're playing in smaller fields and softer fields so should be less on here than on some other sites but still always the possibility of long bad patches.

Well I used to play cash and MTTs at the same time but I've tried to stop doing it now because I've found one always tends to suffer. It's not always cash or always MTTs, but I tend to have a little less focus on one of them and inevitably end up auto piloting more. Also, tbh it's one of the reasons that ignorance is bliss in poker... all winrates suck when you really look into them. I mean I play 30-50NL usually. so to make £2 an hour at 30NL, that's near enough 7xBB/hour which is a very very good winrate these days, especially when my winrate on that 1 table is not gonna be as good when I'm 7-8tabling as it would be 1tabling.

So yeah not really wanting to mix cash and MTTs atm so if I bust a couple of comps and I'm down to 4-5 tables, then it just makes sense to add something like that in. Even if it is like £2 an hour, seems silly to be playing 4-5 comps making £12 per hour, and just choose not to make £14 per hour instead. Obviously if there are better comps running, I'll play those, but sometimes there aren't.
  • edited November 2014
    Won my first MTT for a long time tonight, only a small one like but still can't beat winning an MTT.

The comp I won was a £200 GTD £5.50 Turbo, something I've never seen on here before. Only got like 40 odd runners, great little game in a good time slot for me so will deffo be playing that every night. It was all pretty standard until I got HU... I went into the HU with 80k v his 50k and blinds were 1.5k/3k so not a huge amount of play. Stacks got close to level, I shipped J7s, he called A4o and held and the stacks went to like my 1.5k to his 128k lol. Then boom, I ran insane from that point, won every single race and took it down for like £80

1Lambert180 - £79.552dinged7 - £47.303tiggertoo - £32.254Monkey402 - £23.655Richiegone - £17.206RowZ83 - £15.05
    I obviously reserved all my rungood for that turbo comp cos I couldn't win a race in anything else I played.

Was in for £33 and £16.50 in the main and mini and ran relatively deep in both, 74/371 in main and 40/225 in mini, but no cashes. I found myself in another great spot 4 handed in a £6 direct to win a £110 roller seat (or the money in my case) then lost 3 races back to back and it was gg, such a grim bubble those but sick ROIs when I can hold a bit better.

Went pretty deep in the £2k BH, finished 47/282 but somehow managed to do it without a single head and was just outside the money. Finished just outside the money in the £200 GTD £5.50 freezeout when I got really unlucky after someone limp/called UTG with 35o from like 15xBB, called flop with a bare GS against my KK and turned it to leave me with a bowl.

Points = 8302

Gonna play a few cash sessions before the month is out just to get me over the line for Prio... can't say no to the great value freerolls, bit of extra cash and Champagne+Chocolates from Sky for making Prio at Xmas.
  • edited November 2014
    Very decent session this morning. I played cash again, one because I need/want to get the points for Prio and I'll never make it via MTTs and two, because there just aren't enough good comps starting vv early and I can't reg up that late or reg huge fields cos I need to be done by about 2pm atm.

Finished +£185 at cash.

The only MTT I played was my favourite comp on 888, it's a $4r starting at 10am (1pm and 4pm as well I think). I was only in for the standard double stack + addon so about $11, got ITM which was the top 40 and not long after shipped QQ pre straight into AA :( Finished 33/323 for $17.68

#balla

Points = 8655

Hoping to make it to 9k points tonight then it should be (relatively) easy to get the 10k points out the way in time to just play MTTs on Sunday.