You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary.

Comments

• edited February 2012
                       Hart

Micah   Phil Jones   Rio   Ashley Cole

Gerrard  Parker  Milner/Wilshere

Sturridge                     Chamberlain

Carroll

• edited February 2012
    LOL Andy Carroll :) although he is getting there, wp Gerrard. 

Chamberlain not a bad shout, also Phil Jones good thinking ill swap him for King.

Again didnt really think of Sturridge he has to go too!

We could do this again end of season and will still be different, depends on injuries and form
  • edited February 2012
    RANCID _ see my post above. Yes we have a good shout. We were one of the best 2 or 3 teams in qualification. Spain will have to be favourites, below that (and we did beat them recently) are 3 or 4 teams INCLUDING ENGLAND that can do it.
  • edited February 2012
     I wouldn't take Rooney or Terry at all. 3) 

You need Rooney. The whole team would be on a downer if he wasn,t there and i,m no Manu Utd fan

Harrys still favourite although Sky have Guardialo at 7/2 and Mourinho ranging from 14 to 40,s which if Harry gets into champs league and maybe stays it certainly won,t stay that price.

Ps Think Hart is our best player on current form

MP
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary.:
                       Hart Micah   Phil Jones   Rio   Ashley Cole      Gerrard  Parker  Milner/Wilshere Sturridge                     Chamberlain                  Carroll
    Posted by pryce6
    Not been funny but apart from Hart and Gerrard that looks like a reserve team for me
    Shouldn,t this be in football corner :)

MP
  • edited February 2012
    Baffles me people playing Ferdinand !  Have u watched any football this season ?

Personally i'd go :

Hart
    Walker/richards     terry(c)   jones   cole
    johnson/walcott    wilshere  parker   cleverley   young
                  Bent  .

Then stick rooney in when back from susp.  Gerrard n lamps super subs !

• edited February 2012
    Baffles me people playing Ferdinand !  Have u watched any football this season ? Personally i'd go : Hart Walker/richards     terry(c)   jones   cole johnson/walcott    wilshere  parker   cleverley   young               Bent  . Then stick rooney in when back from susp.  Gerrard n lamps super subs !  
    Posted by 1267
    Baffles me you saying Walcott have you seen any football this season????? Worst player to ever wear the England shirt.  Also think parker is massively overrated and should still be with westham in the championship
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Baffles me you saying Walcott have you seen any football this season????? Worst player to ever wear the England shirt.  Also think parker is massively overrated and should still be with westham in the championship
    Posted by shuv
    Walcotts pace offers a different threat !  epseically late in a game, or dare i say .. in extra time !!  PLus he performs for england, e.g hat trick v croatia !   

Im afraid you must be the only person in England who thinks Scott Parker should be playing championship football.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Walcotts pace offers a different threat !  epseically late in a game, or dare i say .. in extra time !!  PLus he performs for england, e.g hat trick v croatia !    Im afraid you must be the only person in England who thinks Scott Parker should be playing championship football.
    Posted by 1267
    He scores one hat trick so that means he should play??? bloody hell even emile heskey has managed a hattrick before.  He does have pace but when theres constantly no end product whats the point?

Parker??? yeah I agree most will disagree with me on this, but ive watched a lot of Spurs this season (family support them) an i honestly donat rate him at all.  I dont rate Barry either but id have him in over Parker
  • edited February 2012
    Chamberlain is a far better version of Walcott
  • edited February 2012
    Posted by pryce6
    THIS
  • edited February 2012
    But I beleive Pearce is keeping him out of the England team because he wants to pick him for the Olympic team
  • edited February 2012
    Beginning to think a can of worms has been opened on this diary. A thread in the football seciotn perhaps?
  • edited February 2012
    Posted by pryce6
    Completely agree.  However I don't want them to make the same mistake with Chamberlain that they did with Walcott.  They should never have taken him to the World Cup six years ago, it directly led to destroying his development.  Walcott doesn't even make my squad now and that is so disappointing when you look at where he was six years ago.  Chamberlain should stay in the U21s, get his development going and aim for either the next World Cup or maybe even the Euros after.

I can't understand anyone who thinks Parker is a championship player, he's one of the first names on the England teamsheet for me.
  • edited February 2012
    Beginning to think a can of worms has been opened on this diary. A thread in the football seciotn perhaps?
    Posted by Eyeman
    Nah, this is what diaries do.  They go through a number of subjects, when one takes it goes huge and then the diary moves on.

Feel free to start a thread in the Footy section though, that would be interesting as well.
  • edited February 2012
                    Hart
    Richards Smalling Cahill Cole

Sturridge Parker cleverley Young

Gerrard 

Rooney
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : He scores one hat trick so that means he should play??? bloody hell even emile heskey has managed a hattrick before.  He does have pace but when theres constantly no end product whats the point? Parker??? yeah I agree most will disagree with me on this, but ive watched a lot of Spurs this season (family support them) an i honestly donat rate him at all.  I dont rate Barry either but id have him in over Parker
    Posted by shuv
    gotta disagree with you on parker, he has been one of spurs best players this season...if not the best player.

he does all the dirty work, protects the back four and is prob one of the main reasons spurs have returned to form this season...how can you not rate him!

Hart

Richards  Terry   Jones   Cole

Parker

Chamberlain  Gerrard    Young

Rooney    Sturridge
  • edited February 2012
    Right, i contributed to taking this thread to become an england team thread , but lets get back to poker.

Just wondering on average what percentage of your play would be , tourne , cash,  DYM.   Also do you ever play HU sit n go's , or any HU cash ?  
  • edited February 2012
          Hart
      Richards    Terry   Cahill     Cole

Milner   Parker    Gerrard   Young/Jonhson

Rooney Welbeck

My Personal best starting 11, can't understand where this 'Ferdinand' support is coming from as personally he is one of the most shaky defenders going these days as he has lost his pace to which he relied on lots. 
    As for Milner he has been great for Man city and actually always puts in 100% although i would like to see Chamberlin go for that extra boost in the last 30 minutes of games. Terry simply has to go and start, IMO he should still be captain as he is a true leader but Gerrard will have to do and Parker is just the perfect player England need similar to how good Hargreaves was in the 2006 world cup hopefully.
    Although Rooney is banned for the 2 openers, he is by far England's best player and can change games and him and Welbeck seem to have a great partnership at Man United and I think partnerships are crucial at International as they get so little time to work as 1 team its good to have little links in the team e.g Rooney/Welbeck and Terry/Cahill once they start playing together. 
  • edited February 2012
    Tons of questions to catch up on, really glad this thread has begun pretty popular.  I will attempt to answer all those questions tonight, probably between 55 and 00 every hour.  No prizes for guessing what I'm grinding at the moment.
  • edited February 2012

Top Tip for aspiring Diary authors.

Mention football, make a contentious team selection, then sit back & await an absolute avalanche of replies.

Job's a good 'un.
  • edited February 2012
    Tons of questions to catch up on, really glad this thread has begun pretty popular.  I will attempt to answer all those questions tonight, probably between 55 and 00 every hour.  No prizes for guessing what I'm grinding at the moment.
    Posted by TommyD
    You aint answered all my questions on the opening page yet...toys ready to be thrown soon mate ;)

On a serious note, very good start to this diary mate, best diary I have read today in fact but I only read one other on another site ;) Cue Gramps...
  • edited February 2012
    Suppose its pobably been answered with your mention of the 2 x 22 DYMs but I would like to ask you, if there was a Eureka moment. As you say you ran bad played bad to get to that point. But was there a specific time when you thought, hang on, this poker game, I can do this, I can stop messing around and actually make some serious dough. Was there a point when you suddenly stopped thinking as a recreational punter and thought this could be a potential goldmine. Give hope to us small fry with big dreams if you can ;) Dave
    Posted by Oopnorth
    Tough to say if there was a Eureka moment.  I did decide early in 2011 to really try to work on my MTT game.  From casually scanning through HHs I was now breaking tons of hands down and examining tons of spots.  It took months before result started to pick up but obviously it was all worth it.

A major moment was winning a Take On Tikay tournament about a month after those DYMs.  I had a couple of hundred quid in my account at the time and this more than doubled it.  Don't mention it to him but I actually beat the man himself heads up, no need to let him know he had a chance to really limit my crawl out of the mire.

Also I set my self a little treat target to encourage myself, as I recall I had to reach £555 and when I did I would buy into the Primo.  I managed to finish 4th for a four figure score.  It was at ths point I really got a hold of myself, I was very careful not to get all excited and think the hard work was over now.  I was determined to never fall so low again, and determined to work harder than I ever had before.  Pretty much been working hard at my game ever since.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : You aint answered all my questions on the opening page yet...toys ready to be thrown soon mate ;)On a serious note, very good start to this diary mate, best diary I have read today in fact but I only read one other on another site ;) Cue Gramps...
    Posted by dylan12
    WHAT? Best Diary you have read today? You are having a laugh......
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Tough to say if there was a Eureka moment.  I did decide early in 2011 to really try to work on my MTT game.  From casually scanning through HHs I was now breaking tons of hands down and examining tons of spots.  It took months before result started to pick up but obviously it was all worth it. A major moment was winning a Take On Tikay tournament about a month after those DYMs.  I had a couple of hundred quid in my account at the time and this more than doubled it.  Don't mention it to him but I actually beat the man himself heads up, no need to let him know he had a chance to really limit my crawl out of the mire. Also I set my self a little treat target to encourage myself, as I recall I had to reach £555 and when I did I would buy into the Primo.  I managed to finish 4th for a four figure score.  It was at ths point I really got a hold of myself, I was very careful not to get all excited and think the hard work was over now.  I was determined to never fall so low again, and determined to work harder than I ever had before.  Pretty much been working hard at my game ever since.
    Posted by TommyD
    Is it "Bash up tikay" Day today, or summat? I let you win, obv, Customer Care at it's very best.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Is it "Bash up tikay" Day today, or summat? I let you win, obv, Customer Care at it's very best.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Well for balance let me tell you this.  You are the hardest person I have ever played HU at the end of a MTT.  This includes big ones I've won and big ones I've lost.  I'd never seen anything like it, mild mannered grinder all the way through a MTT and as soon as the third place person goes it's time for Wildman Tikay!!  Shove, reshove, limp/shove, raise, re raise, back raise, back back 4bet re jam.  I didn't know what had hit me.
  • edited February 2012
    Finally, been waiting for this...Only need Jakally to start a diary now and I will be happy.  Couple of questions...  What brought you into the Poker world? Was it due to your mathamatical mind? What got you into to teaching?  Who is your life time hero? Sky poker hero? World wide poker player hero?  I have loads more questions but that will do for now. 
    Posted by dylan12
    Ok Dyl these are the ones I haven't answered yet.

I kind of fell into teaching.  I've done a few things in my life without ever find that vocation that a lot of people have.  My friends and family always said I had the right temperament for teaching so I went for it.

All time life hero is probably my mother.  She is literally incapable of malice and has a huge capacity for love.  I got very lucky with my family.

Outside of my family I was always a huge Paul Newman fan.  Probably my favourite actor of all time and he did a fair amount for charity, even if it was through salad dressing.

Too many heroes on Skypoker for me to say one, I can count on the fingers of one hand the people here I even dislike.  Did you like that swerve?
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Is it "Bash up tikay" Day today, or summat? I let you win, obv, Customer Care at it's very best.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Well, I have not spoken to you in an age so just a gentle ribbing in case you forget about me :) 

One of the draws to next door was your diary and the diaries that have begun since so it is nice to see a variety of them beginning here and hope it will be a draw in getting some of the old posters back again so hats off to you all. 
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Ok Dyl these are the ones I haven't answered yet. I kind of fell into teaching.  I've done a few things in my life without ever find that vocation that a lot of people have.  My friends and family always said I had the right temperament for teaching so I went for it. All time life hero is probably my mother.  She is literally incapable of malice and has a huge capacity for love.  I got very lucky with my family. Outside of my family I was always a huge Paul Newman fan.  Probably my favourite actor of all time and he did a fair amount for charity, even if it was through salad dressing. To many heroes on Skypoker for me to say one, I can count on the fingers of one hand the people here I even dislike.  Did you like that swerve?
    Posted by TommyD
    VWP Sir, nh :) 

Nice answer with regards to your mother, sometimes we take family and friends for granted so it's nice to hear you say that she is your Hero :) 

Edit: Just remembered, you said that your mother had began to read this diary...nice way to earn brownie points, very shrewd ;) hehe (for clarity I am joking ofc)
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Well, I have not spoken to you in an age so just a gentle ribbing in case you forget about me :)  One of the draws to next door was your diary and the diaries that have begun since so it is nice to see a variety of them beginning here and hope it will be a draw in getting some of the old posters back again so hats off to you all. 
    Posted by dylan12
    That is my hope, Dyl, we needed to freshen this place up imo.

Time will tell.

Have a great weekend, everybody.