You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary.

1565758596062»

Comments

• edited April 2015
    Loving the diary updates Tommy as usual! I might make an effort to post in my diary soon. 

I know it would be stupid of me to try and get another reg playing PLO on sky, but how come I never see you play the PLO on sky even though you play a lot of Holdem cash? Be fun to have a game with you at PLO once in a while!! :)

re. table chat - I too used to like chatting on tables and agree completely that if the recreational player has more fun by having someone to chat to then it is +ev for everyone. However, I play only on classic mini view these days and struggle to follow the action if I'm trying to use non-classic view. I find the same on other sites that I very rarely play on - for some reason, I just find the classic view a million times better than anything else! Unfortunately with classic view there is no option to chat at the tables. Not only that but if I try and change it back to the normal view, my table often completely messes up. I was playing on Friday night just gone and there was a complete maniac/on tilt player and I turned on chat briefly and saw people tapping the tank - I just hope the player wasn't reading the chat.

GL in the vegas finals this month. I really should stop being so lazy and maybe give the satellites a shot.

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary.:
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Haha, no worries Pat, thanks for looking. That reminds me of something my mum did with my Transformers comics back in the day.  For some reason she felt the need for more cupboard space but knew I would notice if she took a chunk off the top of THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK SERIES EVER (as I looked at it back then).  So using cunning only a mother can have, other a period of months she would slowly remove and dispose of a few a week taken from the middle of the pile.  I got a slight shock when I went back to reread them and suddenly my collection jumped from number 135 to 227.  Those comics are today are worth millions (in my mind). Also, have you or anyone checked out the new Daredevil series on Netflix?  So darn good imo, the reason for my lack of grind over the last weekend was down to binge watching all 13 episodes.  For those people either not into comic book shows or tired of how many movies and shows are out there right now, it is exactly as the character Daredevil should be and that means hardly 'comic booky' at all.  It's closer to the likes of Carlito's Way, Serpico and the Sopranos.  Seriously, if you like Film Noir or Ganster/Crime drama, you may want to check it out.  And the one take hallway fight scene heavily influenced by the Korean film Oldboy is out of this world.  In the words of Homer Simpson, I give it 15 thumbs up.
    Posted by TommyD

Update on the stuff donated to charity.
    I got a call from the shop over the weekend. A young guy who helps out over the weekend noticed a few of the items that had already been placed out on the floor to be sold  and recongnized them. He asked where they had came from and was there anymore with the lot. He actually offered to return anything I really wanted. I refused and have organized them to be placed with a speciality dealer and any money they raise will go back to the charity. 

I have just 2 episodes of the Walking Dead to watch and then will get onto Daredevil really looking forward to it as have heard some good reviews.

Best of luck with the Vegas sats pal and enjoy the show tonight.

Run well

Pat