You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary.

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Great read Tommy looking forward to next Sunday already ;o)
  • edited May 2014
    Not sure I can do that every Sunday man.

So Sunday, the aftermath.

Only played the two MTTs on ***.  Pretty sure the first was a standard exit towards the bubble, JJ v KK Button v SB 25bb effective.  It went min, click back, 4bet click to induce, induced jam, snap call oh my he has kings.  The other was a marginal shove for the blinds and antes and out pipped 55 v 66 but v BB 13bb effective.  Meh, never mind.

Next door I drew another total brick.  Got 2 of the 4 entries to their Sunday main within a few of the bubble then took spots.  One was close/bad with AT, the other was a straight up flip for a 40 bb stack.  Their UKPC sat was fun.  Had a maniac at the table.  Only one seat so it was winner takes all (however this was in the rebuy period so a few late reggers sometimes turn up for the freezeout stage).  Five left I decide that it would be a good line to 3bet jam A7o for value versus this one person.  Result would be 1/3 of the chips in play with 4 left iirc.  So I did.  He calls with KTo and rivers broadway.  Oh well.  I didn't even bother rebuying, had a stack in the SCOOP main at this time and decided to move on with my life.

On Sky, well what can I say.  STT Challenge was easily the best game I played all day.  Everything just clicked.  Most of the TV coverage was from the first half of play, you would have noticed me folding a bunch.  Completely standard for me, including KQo in the SB to an open and a call.  It was described as snug which is fair but I absolutely hate peeling from my stack OOP there, it's just spewing off chips against these players.  It felt a little light of both value and fold equity for the 3bet jam so I folded.  Finished up second to Solack.  I had Jacks twice HU.  Didn't win.  I'm still yet to be credited with anything for that but I see Solly is in the lobby for the UKPC, hopefully Dylan was right in his post a page or two ago and I have £500 at least on its way.

The Sky UKPC sat.  What can I say.  8 seats and £440 for 9th.  I go out 11th.  Was strange, 3rd through 10th at the time of my crippling hand were so close together you could through a blanket over us.  I definitely had to play on.  Those watching the show will see that I got my AK and 20bb in v AQs pre and didn't win.  Gutting £1k swing there (not be arrogant but if I win that hand I get 9th easily, I'm too old to give away a 40bb stack on the bubble of a satty).  It wasn't the lowest percentage beat I took yesterday but it was the biggest gut punch.

Roller was strange.  Made a good start, was playing alright.  Chipped up nicely then lost focus of it while trying to concentrate on other tables.  Went on a little swong, mentally lost all focus and was spinning out of control.  Got my nines in versus tens and jacks, had a nice turn then regrouped completely.  I didn't play a great game but I played ok, wa a little disappointed not to at least FT but you can't have everything.

So overall I am slightly down on the Sunday, pending the UKPC return which would give me a small profit.

What have  I learnt?  Really need to stop fannying about with my schedule.  Next Sunday we plan properly, always been a leak of mine.  We set out an optimal session and we write out MTTs I will late reg/put onto the schedule should the screen real estate suddenly become barren.  Perfect planning prevents poor performance.  Or at the very least stops me from scrambling to de reg a bunch when I realise I am about to get 6 more tables on a screen which already has 12.  In other news, I really need to get a second screen.

On the above note I will tailor down the session next week, try to go for quality over quantity.  Another leak is me chipping up in a few, as I did Next Door, then practically forget about them while I try to sort out stacks on other tables.  That lead to too much dribbling down from a good stack.  I'm not trying to min cash a bunch of MTTs, I am looking for one or two fat end scores.

I'll probably do that implay thing again sometime.  Hope you guys enjoyed it :)
  • edited May 2014
    Two weeks till the next episode.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary.:
    Not sure I can do that every Sunday man. So Sunday, the aftermath. Only played the two MTTs on ***.  Pretty sure the first was a standard exit towards the bubble, JJ v KK Button v SB 25bb effective.  It went min, click back, 4bet click to induce, induced jam, snap call oh my he has kings.  The other was a marginal shove for the blinds and antes and out pipped 55 v 66 but v BB 13bb effective.  Meh, never mind. Next door I drew another total brick.  Got 2 of the 4 entries to their Sunday main within a few of the bubble then took spots.  One was close/bad with AT, the other was a straight up flip for a 40 bb stack.  Their UKPC sat was fun.  Had a maniac at the table.  Only one seat so it was winner takes all (however this was in the rebuy period so a few late reggers sometimes turn up for the freezeout stage).  Five left I decide that it would be a good line to 3bet jam A7o for value versus this one person.  Result would be 1/3 of the chips in play with 4 left iirc.  So I did.  He calls with KTo and rivers broadway.  Oh well.  I didn't even bother rebuying, had a stack in the SCOOP main at this time and decided to move on with my life. On Sky, well what can I say.  STT Challenge was easily the best game I played all day.  Everything just clicked.  Most of the TV coverage was from the first half of play, you would have noticed me folding a bunch.  Completely standard for me, including KQo in the SB to an open and a call.  It was described as snug which is fair but I absolutely hate peeling from my stack OOP there, it's just spewing off chips against these players.  It felt a little light of both value and fold equity for the 3bet jam so I folded.  Finished up second to Solack.  I had Jacks twice HU.  Didn't win.  I'm still yet to be credited with anything for that but I see Solly is in the lobby for the UKPC, hopefully Dylan was right in his post a page or two ago and I have £500 at least on its way. The Sky UKPC sat.  What can I say.  8 seats and £440 for 9th.  I go out 11th.  Was strange, 3rd through 10th at the time of my crippling hand were so close together you could through a blanket over us.  I definitely had to play on.  Those watching the show will see that I got my AK and 20bb in v AQs pre and didn't win.  Gutting £1k swing there (not be arrogant but if I win that hand I get 9th easily, I'm too old to give away a 40bb stack on the bubble of a satty).  It wasn't the lowest percentage beat I took yesterday but it was the biggest gut punch. Roller was strange.  Made a good start, was playing alright.  Chipped up nicely then lost focus of it while trying to concentrate on other tables.  Went on a little swong, mentally lost all focus and was spinning out of control.  Got my nines in versus tens and jacks, had a nice turn then regrouped completely.  I didn't play a great game but I played ok, wa a little disappointed not to at least FT but you can't have everything. So overall I am slightly down on the Sunday, pending the UKPC return which would give me a small profit. What have  I learnt?  Really need to stop fannying about with my schedule.  Next Sunday we plan properly, always been a leak of mine.  We set out an optimal session and we write out MTTs I will late reg/put onto the schedule should the screen real estate suddenly become barren.  Perfect planning prevents poor performance.  Or at the very least stops me from scrambling to de reg a bunch when I realise I am about to get 6 more tables on a screen which already has 12.  In other news, I really need to get a second screen. On the above note I will tailor down the session next week, try to go for quality over quantity.  Another leak is me chipping up in a few, as I did Next Door, then practically forget about them while I try to sort out stacks on other tables.  That lead to too much dribbling down from a good stack.  I'm not trying to min cash a bunch of MTTs, I am looking for one or two fat end scores. I'll probably do that implay thing again sometime.  Hope you guys enjoyed it :)
    Posted by TommyD

Sorry about the delay Tommy, this is on it's way

• edited May 2014
    Two weeks till the next episode. NOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    Judging by the teaser I think it will be worth the wait though.  Looks like a ton of stuff is gonna get very real
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Sorry about the delay Tommy, this is on it's way
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Received, thank you very much :)
  • edited May 2014
    So life stuff.  It occurs to me I haven't really given a proper update of my neighbourhood since my house move one or two years ago (the time does sorta blend).

Cliffs for new readers:  First welcome, please post anything you fancy.  My name is Tommy.  I live with the GF and the Hound, a woman and a Beagle respectively.  Never mix up the two, it can get you In trouble.  Pre Hound we lived in a flat with a drunken German below, a Polish lady who either owned her own cleaning business or did a whole other sort of personal one to one cleaning, depending on who you spoke to and diagonally up and across from a very friendly (to us at least) but quite loopy Jamaican lady and her son.

Things have changed.

The new gaff is a lovely bungalow only five minutes away from the flat.  When we moved in we brought the average age of the street down a notch.  It really is retirement avenue, however peace and quiet totally suits both of us.  We have a killer garden, our own space and no one below to cough continually before falling over with a hiccup and a crash, as well as no warring neighbours to the side of us.  It's quite delightful.

So what of our new neighbours.  Well either side of us live Kate and Audrey.  Two widows in their 70s or 80s.  And they are quite lovely, we get on with both sides.  However they don't get on with each other.  In fact, they seem to detest each other with a passion.  I haven't gotten to the bottom of it just yet but it seems to involve the former residents of our place and a tree which used to be in our garden.  Gotta love suburbia and the things a feud can start over.

Audrey is your prim and proper neighbour.  Immensely house and garden proud, I swear her lawn is an example of grass perfection.  She's decently posh but you feel with the accent it's middle class pushing up a little, very much a Mrs Bucket.  Now Kate, this lady was a goer in the past without doubt.  She's in her 80s.  We were talking about a lottery rollover a little while ago and she snap said 'If I won it I'd jump on a plane to Vegas tomorrow.'  Good girl.

One across from Audrey is Three Fingered Roy.  That's a misnomer.  One of his hands has the traditional set of digits, the other not so much.  It turned out after we moved in that him and my Dad, D the Elder, were old old friends.  My Dad knows the story behind two fingers no longer being a part of the man but he won't tell me yet.  Over the time I have let my imagination fill in the blanks of that story, we're up to juggling with hand grenades.  He and his family are lovely though.  In fact there's not one neighbour issue here.  It's all quite serene.

I will keep you all informed of the inevitable implosion of that serenity as and when.
  • edited May 2014
    Poker goals

I always need something to shoot for.  According to Sharscope on MTTs only I am just under 10k short of 100k site profit.  Across all games it's a bit more, this was due to me being a HU STT donk for a bit and some immense play bad/run bad at £55 DYMs.  Leaks I admit to and have to fix.  There will be time for that.  From what I can tell no one has hit 100k from MTTs only yet on this site.  Nutter has from all games but MTTs represent £40k of that massively arousing graph of his.  If anyone else knows of anyone who already has hit £100k in MTTs please let me know.  I've checked the usual suspects, Matt and Divs are around the £60k mark I believe.

So yeah, I want to be first.  And to add a little spice to it I want to be there within 5000 MTTs.  That gives me 395 MTTs to get there.  I need to score big in either a Primo, Roller or a UKOPS to do it and it has been a while since my last +2k score but what's life without some aims eh?

That's half the reason the Roller exit was somewhat perturbing to me.  A win there would have been very much welcome and a help in this shot.

And remember, if I can make £100k, anyone can do it.  You can do it.  Trust me, ask people, they'll tell you.

GL at the tables all.
  • edited May 2014
    Excellent read Tommy, will follow this.

I was wondering about Roy and his 2 missing fingers.  Could it be that either Audrey or Kate has something to do with it?  Some kind of seedy Suburbia games perhaps that went wrong (hence the fall out)? :)
  • edited May 2014
    Excellent read Tommy, will follow this. I was wondering about Roy and his 2 missing fingers.  Could it be that either Audrey or Kate has something to do with it?  Some kind of seedy Suburbia games perhaps that went wrong (hence the fall out)? :)
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    You've started my imagination down a road I never wanted to go.  Not sure there's any coming back from that...
  • edited May 2014
    Great read Tommy.  However, the flat had a lot more interesting characters.  Re Mr. Digit....there is a certain "group" down your way where when one was a member and commited "misdemeanours" resulted in the inability to play Bartok's second concerto.  Just a thought..  :-)   BTW AWESOME results! 
  • edited May 2014
    Great Challenge!! That will have to be my goal too after I reach this one...lol ;)
  • edited May 2014
    Excellent read Tommy, will follow this. I was wondering about Roy and his 2 missing fingers.  Could it be that either Audrey or Kate has something to do with it?  Some kind of seedy Suburbia games perhaps that went wrong (hence the fall out)? :)
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    I am sure this will find its way into 1 of Slippy's short stories, a must read lol.
  • edited May 2014
    Up to page 50...loving the real life stories :)
  • edited May 2014
    Great read Tommy.  However, the flat had a lot more interesting characters.  Re Mr. Digit....there is a certain "group" down your way where when one was a member and commited "misdemeanours" resulted in the inability to play Bartok's second concerto.  Just a thought..  :-)   BTW AWESOME results! 
    Posted by Glenelg
    Are you saying Roy was part of Richard (the filter won't let me use the more common first name for him, yet I can say bottom) Turpin's gang?  I can see him in the garb actually.

tyvm, tonight is rebuy night.  Always a time where I half fancy a decent run :)
  • edited May 2014

So me and the GF got a new car yesterday.  We have gone from a black VW Golf to a black VW Golf.  Not sure I can cope with the high octane speed and balla nature of my life.

The GF is essentially obsessed with VW Golfs.  She's had every version since Mark 2 and up.  If I ever can find a Mark 1 on ebay for like £50 I might get it for her birthday.  A nice cheap way to emphasise the thought counting.  I have no idea what mark we're up to now, but it's the newest.  I gotta say it's pretty swish, picks up like a beauty and will probably be the cause of my first speeding ticket.

And the kicker?  The GF is afraid to drive it.  And why?  Because it doesn't have a hand break.  Yes instead of the tradition lever she so often used to grind into place (drove me potty that crunch) there's just a tiny paddle.  The test drive took five minutes to leave the car park because of this.

Then there was the haggle.  I hate haggling, can't do it, useless at it.  The GF on the other hand drives the hardest bargain going.  She uses the tactic of staunchly not moving from a number by a single penny combined with either silence or repetition of what she said five minutes ago so you feel like you've been ignored for this time.  It's a tactic I have been on the wrong end of on numerous occasions.  I was cringing sat there in the dealership.  We agreed to let her take the lead as in truth I thought the original offer was a fair one.  She got £1.5k knocked off.  I suck at haggling. 

• edited May 2014
    Poker news.  I'm a little annoyed.  I don't like to bring too many other thread stuff in here but I like to say how I feel.

There have been a few threads regarding multi accounting lately.  Not gonna name any names (and please don't anyone else too, over 80 pages in this diary and Ducky is still reading, don't want it deleted) but something doesn't feel 100% right.  There was someone who plays small ball, tried to take absolute liberties with a promo and got rightly punished.  On the other hand there was a higher stakes Reg, won a big tourney on another account, put in a social media confession I know for a fact was seen by the relevant people and after a decent absence where I thought they had suffered the same fate up they pop again last night on my tables.

Now I do not know the whole story so not making any judgements or saying what should or shouldn't have happened.  All I'm saying is in my very personal opinion, it don't feel right.  I'm not saying the later should be banned or anything like that at all.  I am saying they should get near enough the same.  Maybe they have in the end and I just haven't seen the other guy?  Who knows.
  • edited May 2014
    Up to page 50...loving the real life stories :)
    Posted by mrsduck
    That is hardcore Ducky.  Truly hardcore.  I hope you enjoy it all.
  • edited May 2014
    Then there was the haggle.  I hate haggling, can't do it, useless at it.  The GF on the other hand drives the hardest bargain going.  She uses the tactic of staunchly not moving from a number by a single penny combined with either silence or repetition of what she said five minutes ago so you feel like you've been ignored for this time.  It's a tactic I have been on the wrong end of on numerous occasions.  I was cringing sat there in the dealership.  We agreed to let her take the lead as in truth I thought the original offer was a fair one.  She got £1.5k knocked off.  I suck at haggling. 
    Posted by TommyD
    Wow, you've described exactly how it is with me and my GF when it comes to haggling!! We went to egypt a year and a half ago and haggling is just the norm there out in the street shops/markets. But my GF employs the exact same technique you've described whilst I sit there cringing inside thinking the original offer was fairly decent. But somehow it always seemed to work!!
  • edited May 2014
    Hey Tommy - Just read the last couple of pages of this and it makes a good read. Hope you don't mind, but would like to ask you a couple of questions.

I remember seeing you on TV probably a few years ago (don't know why I remember it), but you and Jakally were on and you said you wouldn't go Pro, is this still the case or are you now playing Poker Professionally? If you are what made you give up teaching? (Apologies if this is covered elsewhere in this diary).

When you say site 'next door', what site is that referring to or can't you put it on here?

Cheers

Greg.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Wow, you've described exactly how it is with me and my GF when it comes to haggling!! We went to egypt a year and a half ago and haggling is just the norm there out in the street shops/markets. But my GF employs the exact same technique you've described whilst I sit there cringing inside thinking the original offer was fairly decent. But somehow it always seemed to work!!
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    They have some mystical powers.  If I ever took a holiday in the Middle East and ended up in a Souq, the shopkeepers would smell the easy meat.  I'd come out with a dozen items of bric-a-brac, all paid for a full price because he seemed like a charming fellow and I just wanted to end the transaction as soon as possible.  Socially awkward situations are against my nature more than overpaying.

Things women can do which men cannot:

Haggling.
    That way they can wrap a towel around their head after coming out of the shower.  Seriously, I've tried to do that back when I had longer hair, how does it work?
    Start a sentence with the term 'Can you just do one thing while you're on your feet..' while the man is sat down, without one ounce of irony and with a 100% success rate.
    Throw instructions on how to make a table away rather than read them and not think this is completely unnatural.
  • edited May 2014
    Hey Tommy - Just read the last couple of pages of this and it makes a good read. Hope you don't mind, but would like to ask you a couple of questions. I remember seeing you on TV probably a few years ago (don't know why I remember it), but you and Jakally were on and you said you wouldn't go Pro, is this still the case or are you now playing Poker Professionally? If you are what made you give up teaching? (Apologies if this is covered elsewhere in this diary). When you say site 'next door', what site is that referring to or can't you put it on here? Cheers Greg.
    Posted by GREGSTER
    Hey Greg

Don't mind answering at all.  That show was just before myself, Neil and many others such as Ryan, Matt, Oldboy and Marc headed over for the Main Event.  Lovely time, gutted I am not going this year, but an idea I have about that is for another post.

I'm not a poker professional.  It's true I do, at this time, make the predominant amount of my income from poker.  I'm trying to get some other things going, not quite worked out yet.  Sorry to be vague but I don't want to say I'm doing something if it falls through at a very early stage, if things get off the ground I will let you guys know here.

I took a career break from teaching.  I'm still on that break.  I may go back, I may not.  We will see.  At the mo though everything, touch wood, is bumbling along tickety boo.

Next door is the online skin run by the venue for the UKPC, Dusk Till Dawn.
  • edited May 2014
    Good evening Tommy.
    Sorry to intrude on your thread, i know you have played the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK before, but if you are free on the 4th June i would consider it  a huge honour if you could participate.
    Mr Thew has already registered along with some top class players.
    All the best
    Rainman397
    P.S Mr Orford has declined at the moment.  
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Hey Greg Don't mind answering at all.  That show was just before myself, Neil and many others such as Ryan, Matt, Oldboy and Marc headed over for the Main Event.  Lovely time, gutted I am not going this year, but an idea I have about that is for another post. I'm not a poker professional.  It's true I do, at this time, make the predominant amount of my income from poker.  I'm trying to get some other things going, not quite worked out yet.  Sorry to be vague but I don't want to say I'm doing something if it falls through at a very early stage, if things get off the ground I will let you guys know here. I took a career break from teaching.  I'm still on that break.  I may go back, I may not.  We will see.  At the mo though everything, touch wood, is bumbling along tickety boo. Next door is the online skin run by the venue for the UKPC, Dusk Till Dawn.
    Posted by TommyD
    Thanks for taking the time to answer Tommy. Interesting times them, best of luck with whatever direction you take next.

Greg.
  • edited May 2014
    Glad to see you've resurrected this thread after a lengthy sabbatical Tommy, it's always been a great read.

Advice please.....
    Over the years and pretty much like yourself I have played a wide variety of the games available here on Sky. DYM's, NL20-100 cash, PLO 20-50 cash and MTT's. I find playing a variety of games keeps poker fresh and interesting for me but I reckon my scatter brained approach may be hindering my overall results. For instance at one stage tonight I had 3 MTT's, 3 DYM's, 4 NL50 and 1 PLO50 tables open. Got me thinking that with the different approaches and ranges applicable to each game there was no way I could be thinking/playing optimally. Do you keep your cash, DYM and MTT sessions totally separate or do you incorporate one or two together. Do you stick to playing primarily what's most profitable or do you just see how you feel at the start of any given session? Love the game and been lucky enough to be a small winner over the years but like many I feel I'd benefit from a little discipline in the game selection department.....

R's

Spanky
  • edited May 2014
    Hi Tommy,

Great that you have started back posting in your diary.
    As always a great read esp your Sunday grind post.
    Re the muti accounters just a massive sigh.
    The promo guy was soo blatent esp on social media basically accounts for the whole family.
    The other was just as bad tweeting about it using hashtags and sending it to sky poker.
    Good luck with your targets for poker im sure you will smash them.
    Just a couple of questions

1) Are you going to Vegas this year ?
    2) Any plans to do another sunday grind post ?
    3) When are we going to find out about the missing fingers ?

Ps . Hope D the elder is still picking out winners

All the best pal

Pat
  • edited May 2014
    Good evening Tommy. Sorry to intrude on your thread, i know you have played the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK before, but if you are free on the 4th June i would consider it  a huge honour if you could participate. Mr Thew has already registered along with some top class players. All the best Rainman397 P.S Mr Orford has declined at the moment.  
    Posted by rainman397
    Put me down as a maybe Rainman.  The GF's niece and nephew arrive for a visit that day so not sure if I am free.  If I am grinding, I'll play it mate.
  • edited May 2014
    Glad to see you've resurrected this thread after a lengthy sabbatical Tommy, it's always been a great read. Advice please..... Over the years and pretty much like yourself I have played a wide variety of the games available here on Sky. DYM's, NL20-100 cash, PLO 20-50 cash and MTT's. I find playing a variety of games keeps poker fresh and interesting for me but I reckon my scatter brained approach may be hindering my overall results. For instance at one stage tonight I had 3 MTT's, 3 DYM's, 4 NL50 and 1 PLO50 tables open. Got me thinking that with the different approaches and ranges applicable to each game there was no way I could be thinking/playing optimally. Do you keep your cash, DYM and MTT sessions totally separate or do you incorporate one or two together. Do you stick to playing primarily what's most profitable or do you just see how you feel at the start of any given session? Love the game and been lucky enough to be a small winner over the years but like many I feel I'd benefit from a little discipline in the game selection department..... R's Spanky
    Posted by SJspanky1
    Hey Spanky (not the first time I've used that line)

These days I keep variant sessions completely separate.  I used to play cash and MTTs at once but both games really suffered for me, I generally disconnected from one or the other.  I know some can do it well, I'm just not quite in that mindset.  I once tried to play NLHE, PLO and Badugi at once across three different sites.  I knew it was maybe a bad idea when I tried to discard one on my PLO table.

I play what I feel like playing tbh.  I think it's becoming increasingly more important to have a good understanding of a variety of mixed games because the edges in NLHE are getting smaller, you never know where the value will turn up and you never know the way poker will go.  Just as the Stud players of the 70s thought the main game would always be stud, you never know what's gonna happen with NLHE.  Ditto Cash, MTTs and STTs.  STTs got solved a few years ago, then most of the regs disappeared, now there is a mini resurgence in them as more recs enter and the old regs have not been completely replaced.

I also love to switch around and keep my enjoyment of the game fresh and my interest fully involved.
  • edited May 2014
    Hi Tommy, Great that you have started back posting in your diary. As always a great read esp your Sunday grind post. Re the muti accounters just a massive sigh. The promo guy was soo blatent esp on social media basically accounts for the whole family. The other was just as bad tweeting about it using hashtags and sending it to sky poker. Good luck with your targets for poker im sure you will smash them. Just a couple of questions 1) Are you going to Vegas this year ? 2) Any plans to do another sunday grind post ? 3) When are we going to find out about the missing fingers ? Ps . Hope D the elder is still picking out winners All the best pal Pat
    Posted by day4eire76
    Hey Pat, how's tricks man!  Really hoping to get over to Dublin for something soon, will give you a shout when I make it!

1)  Sadly no.  A massive aim will be WSOP 2015 but I think I have to get the bankroll together from now for it.  I want just once to go out there and play a huge schedule, just to see what could and would happen.

2)  I will do another Sunday Grind post, probs not tomorrow but I'll bring it back for sure.

3)  Dude, I don't know the story either.  I'm going to the races with D the Elder next week so I might chance my arm with the aid of a few light ales and try to get the story out of him.

Yeah he's having a decent run with the nags and hounds.  He's also texting me every time there's a football matchfixing story in The Times and telling me he told me so.  He keeps quoting the page number without realising that not everyone gets the paper, I certainly don't.

Catch ya soon mate.
  • edited May 2014
    Life news.  Suffering a bit today.  Went to the Nine Inch Nails gig at the O2 last night.  Love that band so much and after several beers and an hour in the mosh pit I woke up this morning with a thorough understanding I'm not a kid anymore.  It turned into a really bizarre night, I will blog about it later on in the week when I can piece it all together.