You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary.

Comments

• edited August 2013
    In other news, heard a rumour Bryan Cranston is going to play Lex Luthor in the upcoming Superman follow up?  Any confirmation peeps?  This is awesome.

Just goes to show the old saying is true, what you lose on the Afflecks you win on the Cranstons...
  • edited August 2013
    Hi Tommy
    I've heard the same. I go to a website called
    "Isnnews.net" and they've said the same.
    Lets hope it is a big role
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary.:
    Hi Tommy I've heard the same. I go to a website called "Isnnews.net" and they've said the same. Lets hope it is a big role
    Posted by walesboy
    If it's Luthor is should be a massive role with limited screen time (the best way to use a villain, think Hackman in Superman 1).

I'll be interested to see which Lex incarnation they will go for.  In the comics he has mainly been either a mad scientist or a criminal industrialist/kingpin.  In Breaking Bad well, Cranston's character has been both.  I think it's great casting even though I'm a little worried they are pulling the trigger on a Supes/Bats crossover too quickly and in response to The Avengers (which was unreal good imo).  Marvel set the ground work for that over several films, DC are abandoning the Dark Knight Trilogy by all accounts so they are going for it after one film which is a little shaky, especially as imo that film was a disappointment.
  • edited August 2013
    Tommy as a Spurs fan, what are your thoughts on the current transfer targets and are you annoyed that you missed out on the Brazilian lad
  • edited October 2013
    So I have had what can only be described as 'A Morning.'  The good news for everyone reading is there is a strong chance you'll get to point and laugh at me at some point in this post.  There is a chance it will be tl;dr so me being the kind gentleman I am, I'll start with the cliffs:

Crazy Sunday League Ref attempts to give me a heart attack.

A 'Be a Good Samaritan' spot probably turned into a 'Get Scammed' spot and now all of my faith is in the basket of a stranger's potential love for David Ginola.

Sunday League football, that vain attempt by the passed it and never had it to convince themselves they can play a bit.  I've played it for around fifteen years.  The mighty JG Chingford, wearing a new colour this season that can only be compared to a cheap knock off of a Norwich 1980s kit, have started the season well.  A few wins, only the one defeat, things were looking rosy.  This morning the rain was smacking the window sideways, and as is the way of these things an eighteen man squad became bare eleven men good and true for kick off.  Must be some flu going around.  We started the game ok, it was one one around forty or so minutes in and my thoughts drifted to having a nice sit down for five minutes.  Hello middle age, I've been expecting you.  So I turn to the Ref and ask him 'How long?'  He replies 'Fifteen minutes.'  FIFTEEN?  WHAT?  'It's the way I do it,' he continued 'I stop the watch every time the ball goes out of play.'  Every throw in.  Every goal kick.  Everything.  I've never played twenty five minutes of first half injury time before, I can't say I'd like to again.

Eventually, after two and a half hours since kick off, we trudged off the field defeated 6-4.  Well some trudged, I crawled while blowing out of all the available orifices.  They had subs, we didn't.  It showed.  I still thanked the Ref though.  That's the joy of being part of the lowest tier in the Sunday League pyramid, you get to meet interesting people.  The Refs are either extraordinarily keen youngsters who want to make a real go of being a Ref (these depress me as I am legit old enough to be their father now) or people who want to do it.  Also called loons.  Some have the vision of Arsene Wenger.  Others have the the mid drift of the Staypuff Marshmello man and never leave the centre circle.  But I respect them all, I wouldn't want to referee the calibre of Sunday League footballers and we can't have the game without them.  Even when, like today, they try to kill me.

So defeated, depressed and late for dinner I drove homewards.  Here is where I may (ok almost definitely) got scammed.  I join the sliproad for the North Circ and notice a broken down car on the left with its owner frantically trying to flag someone down.  Yes I know, I should drive on, everyone else was.  But I really don't like that attitude, one all to prevalent in London, and I like to think if I was in a pickle some kind soul would do me a solid, that's why I always stop.  So I pull up and wind down a window.  The fellow, a Middle Eastern chap, says his first word to me.  'English?'  A tickle of dread tingles down my spine, my mind flashes back to an afternoon at the Gare Du Nord in Paris.  I was waiting outside the toliets in the terminal while a now Ex was doing what nature intended, and I remember watching a fleet of female beggars swoop towards a disembarking Eurostar.  Their first words to everyone leaving the train was 'English?'  If the person said no they simply moved on.  If a plucky Brit said 'Yes' then half a dozen would swarm the man or woman, panhandling for a few Euros.  That day I pretended to be Spanish, apparently I look a little Mediterranean when I don't shave.  It worked that time but now I was a little stuck.

He flew into a panicked monologue.  I managed to catch the words 'No Money,' 'No petrol,' 'No credit card,' 'Wife,' 'Baby' and 'Manchester.'  Now I know what you are thinking.  It's a scam.  Possibly a scamola.  I was thinking the same.  So now laugh at my naivety because I focussed on the chance he was telling the truth.  He insisted he'd pay me back, producing his business card which looked like it was from a car dealership.  I was dubious, but like I say, if I was ever in a real spot I would hope someone had the heart to help me out.  So I gave him a tenner.  The downside of this was ten quid won't get you to Lancashire and he spied the other note, similar orange, in my wallet.  He insisted further for that one too, offering his ring.  I said to him 'I don't want your ring, I'm just doing you a favour.'  I relented on the second tenner, but then a slight glimmer of hope came into my heart as he threw the ring I had told him several times I didn't want into my car and walked away while saying 'thank you very much' about half a dozen times.  I set off again, 95% sure I was scammed but with that glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe, it was all true and I had helped out my fellow man.  And you know what, if that happens five times, four being a scam and one being for real, I'd take that.  I'd be happy with that.  And I'd really like the rest of the world to take that view too.  While the cops bust all of the scammer obviously.  At a couple of points in my life I have had a gun pointed at my head or a knife aimed at my throat.  Both times there was passers by (many in the case of the knife, it was broad daylight rush hour in Tottenham).  Both times I caught someone's eye.  Both times that person hurriedly looked at the floor and quickened their pace.  No one ever called the police.  No one ever helped.  I hate that.  That's why I always stop.

So this ring.  Now I'm home I can have a real good look at it.  He claimed it was 18 carat.  I have no interest in rings or jewellery of any kind, I never wear a piece.  Looking at it now I am really hoping that my Middle Eastern gentleman in distress once watched David Ginola on a Saturday afternoon, was mesmerized by his mazy running and flowing locks, fell instantly in love with that man and decided to get a custom gold ring made with his initials on its top.  Because if that symbol on the top is meant to be Dolce and Gabbbana I am right royally done up like a kipper.  The lettering is, shall we say, found wanting.  Looking like a child wrote it.  Below are the pictures of the ring.  Now is there any way I can test to see if it is real gold without much expense or having to confess to another living soul I have this in my possession?  Something really easy would be super, I've already been given a couple of suggestions but I'd like some more.  I've very doubtful it's real gold.  Heck I doubt it's been a ring for that long.

So laugh away.  And keep this in mind if you're looking for that unique special item for a loved one this Christmas.  Especially if you're married to David Ginola.

• edited October 2013
    Welcome back tommy
    check its density
    you know water displacement vs weight

Thanks for sharing
    have an alternative bystander story for you but won't derail yours for now

looking forward to your next poker update, particularly if it's as colourful as this.
  • edited October 2013
    Welcome back tommy check its density you know water displacement vs weight Thanks for sharing have an alternative bystander story for you but won't derail yours for now looking forward to your next poker update, particularly if it's as colourful as this.
    Posted by GELDY
    Pingu has suggested I do the same for the ring, I will be doing that after the Sunday Grind.  Something to look forward to if I'm in a hole, the ultimate 'Hail Mary' pass for getting unstuck on a Sunday.

And feel free to post your story, you may not have noticed but this whole diary is a derailment, as it should be.  :)

Expect a poker update.  If today goes well it will be multi coloured.  If it all goes South expect some short four letter words.
  • edited October 2013
    So I have had what can only be described as 'A Morning.'  The good news for everyone reading is there is a strong chance you'll get to point and laugh at me at some point in this post.  There is a chance it will be tl;dr so me being the kind gentleman I am, I'll start with the cliffs: Crazy Sunday League Ref attempts to give me a heart attack. A 'Be a Good Samaritan' spot probably turned into a 'Get Scammed' spot and now all of my faith is in the basket of a stranger's potential love for David Ginola. Sunday League football, that vain attempt by the passed it and never had it to convince themselves they can play a bit.  I've played it for around fifteen years.  The mighty JG Chingford, wearing a new colour this season that can only be compared to a cheap knock off of a Norwich 1980s kit, have started the season well.  A few wins, only the one defeat, things were looking rosy.  This morning the rain was smacking the window sideways, and as is the way of these things an eighteen man squad became bare eleven men good and true for kick off.  Must be some flu going around.  We started the game ok, it was one one around forty or so minutes in and my thoughts drifted to having a nice sit down for five minutes.  Hello middle age, I've been expecting you.  So I turn to the Ref and ask him 'How long?'  He replies 'Fifteen minutes.'  FIFTEEN?  WHAT?  'It's the way I do it,' he continued 'I stop the watch every time the ball goes out of play.'  Every throw in.  Every goal kick.  Everything.  I've never played twenty five minutes of first half injury time before, I can't say I'd like to again. Eventually, after two and a half hours since kick off, we trudged off the field defeated 6-4.  Well some trudged, I crawled while blowing out of all the available orifices.  They had subs, we didn't.  It showed.  I still thanked the Ref though.  That's the joy of being part of the lowest tier in the Sunday League pyramid, you get to meet interesting people.  The Refs are either extraordinarily keen youngsters who want to make a real go of being a Ref (these depress me as I am legit old enough to be their father now) or people who want to do it.  Also called loons.  Some have the vision of Arsene Wenger.  Others have the the mid drift of the Staypuff Marshmello man and never leave the centre circle.  But I respect them all, I wouldn't want to referee the calibre of Sunday League footballers and we can't have the game without them.  Even when, like today, they try to kill me. So defeated, depressed and late for dinner I drove homewards.  Here is where I may (ok almost definitely) got scammed.  I join the sliproad for the North Circ and notice a broken down car on the left with its owner frantically trying to flag someone down.  Yes I know, I should drive on, everyone else was.  But I really don't like that attitude, one all to prevalent in London, and I like to think if I was in a pickle some kind soul would do me a solid, that's why I always stop.  So I pull up and wind down a window.  The fellow, a Middle Eastern chap, says his first word to me.  'English?'  A tickle of dread tingles down my spine, my mind flashes back to an afternoon at the Gare Du Nord in Paris.  I was waiting outside the toliets in the terminal while a now Ex was doing what nature intended, and I remember watching a fleet of female beggars swoop towards a disembarking Eurostar.  Their first words to everyone leaving the train was 'English?'  If the person said no they simply moved on.  If a plucky Brit said 'Yes' then half a dozen would swarm the man or woman, panhandling for a few Euros.  That day I pretended to be Spanish, apparently I look a little Mediterranean when I don't shave.  It worked that time but now I was a little stuck. He flew into a panicked monologue.  I managed to catch the words 'No Money,' 'No petrol,' 'No credit card,' 'Wife,' 'Baby' and 'Manchester.'  Now I know what you are thinking.  It's a scam.  Possibly a scamola.  I was thinking the same.  So now laugh at my naivety because I focussed on the chance he was telling the truth.  He insisted he'd pay me back, producing his business card which looked like it was from a car dealership.  I was dubious, but like I say, if I was ever in a real spot I would hope someone had the heart to help me out.  So I gave him a tenner.  The downside of this was ten quid won't get you to Lancashire and he spied the other note, similar orange, in my wallet.  He insisted further for that one too, offering his ring.  I said to him 'I don't want your ring, I'm just doing you a favour.'  I relented on the second tenner, but then a slight glimmer of hope came into my heart as he threw the ring I had told him several times I didn't want into my car and walked away while saying 'thank you very much' about half a dozen times.  I set off again, 95% sure I was scammed but with that glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe, it was all true and I had helped out my fellow man.  And you know what, if that happens five times, four being a scam and one being for real, I'd take that.  I'd be happy with that.  And I'd really like the rest of the world to take that view too.  While the cops bust all of the scammer obviously.  At a couple of points in my life I have had a gun pointed at my head or a knife aimed at my throat.  Both times there was passers by (many in the case of the knife, it was broad daylight rush hour in Tottenham).  Both times I caught someone's eye.  Both times that person hurriedly looked at the floor and quickened their pace.  No one ever called the police.  No one ever helped.  I hate that.  That's why I always stop. So this ring.  Now I'm home I can have a real good look at it.  He claimed it was 18 carat.  I have no interest in rings or jewellery of any kind, I never wear a piece.  Looking at it now I am really hoping that my Middle Eastern gentleman in distress once watched David Ginola on a Saturday afternoon, was mesmerized by his mazy running and flowing locks, fell instantly in love with that man and decided to get a custom gold ring made with his initials on its top.  Because if that symbol on the top is meant to be Dolce and Gabbbana I am right royally done up like a kipper.  The lettering is, shall we say, found wanting.  Looking like a child wrote it.  Below are the pictures of the ring.  Now is there any way I can test to see if it is real gold without much expense or having to confess to another living soul I have this in my possession?  Something really easy would be super, I've already been given a couple of suggestions but I'd like some more.  I've very doubtful it's real gold.  Heck I doubt it's been a ring for that long. So laugh away.  And keep this in mind if you're looking for that unique special item for a loved one this Christmas.  Especially if you're married to David Ginola.
    Posted by TommyD

Delightful post tommy.  You dont post enough on this thread.  Mines just filled with me complaining and boring HH's.

I too played football this morning - Sunday league football has its charms doesnt it?  Second round of one of the many cups in our area, we actually managed to produce a stunning 4-2 win in the pouring rain - rain that makes you forget youre actually wet through til you sit in your car and get stuck to the seat.  Either way I scored twice so i'll take that ;).  Our ref was... lets say of the bigger build.  Im not sure he once left the centre circle during the entirety of the match.  But fair play to them all for still coming and reffing a rather substandard game in the extreme conditions.

Youve been held at gunpoint and had a knife held at you??  That sounds like quite a tale.  You certainly have some interesting life stories to tell...

Now about the man you helped out...

I'd like to think it wasnt a scam... but it kinda does sound like a scam, although massive respect for stopping and helping.  When I was on holiday in Lanzarote not too long ago, after one of the nights I lost my mates and ended up getting lost.  I walked for what must of been miles in what was the wrong direction (i didnt know at the time).  I reach a roundabout towards a main road and decided id wait there til a car came and ask for directions (i had lost my wallet on the night out and didnt take my phone out with me in the first place).  Car after car came and none stopped to help.  One taxi did stop, but as soon as I said 'ive lost my wallet' he drove off without a seconds hesitation.  I ended up standing in the middle of the road like a starfish when i saw an oncoming lorry - man im glad it stopped.  Either way that gentlemen pointed me in the right direction and i eventually got home.  If we all did a bit of good to each other the world would be a much bearable place to live in... so even if it was a scam, on the off chance it wasn't you just made his day.

No idea about the ring/gold situation, but at least you got a trendy *ahem thing to wear at the next SPT!
  • edited October 2013
    Hey Tommy

It's a common scam unfortunatly. I was coming back from work one time, middle eastern gentleman with his family on the slip road flagging down cars, it was the same story they had ran out of money petrol etc etc, was offered gold jewlerry, i just said i had no money on me and drove off.

Couple of days later it was in the local rag confirming it was a scam.

The items you were given have no value.

• edited October 2013
    Hey Tommy It's a common scam unfortunatly. I was coming back from work one time, middle eastern gentleman with his family on the slip road flagging down cars, it was the same story they had ran out of money petrol etc etc, was offered gold jewlerry, i just said i had no money on me and drove off. Couple of days later it was in the local rag confirming it was a scam. The items you were given have no value.
    Posted by LARSON7
    Hahahaha im sorry but this made me chuckle.

What a rubdown.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Hahahaha im sorry but this made me chuckle. What a rubdown.
    Posted by gazza127
    Lol - was thinking the same thing.

Tommy, just so Larson is proven wrong, I hope it's worth an absolute fortune!
  • edited October 2013

Errrr, added value.

Wear em at the Spt, create a fashion frenzy... lol

• edited October 2013
    So I have had what can only be described as 'A Morning.'  The good news for everyone reading is there is a strong chance you'll get to point and laugh at me at some point in this post.  There is a chance it will be tl;dr so me being the kind gentleman I am, I'll start with the cliffs: Crazy Sunday League Ref attempts to give me a heart attack. A 'Be a Good Samaritan' spot probably turned into a 'Get Scammed' spot and now all of my faith is in the basket of a stranger's potential love for David Ginola. Sunday League football, that vain attempt by the passed it and never had it to convince themselves they can play a bit.  I've played it for around fifteen years.  The mighty JG Chingford, wearing a new colour this season that can only be compared to a cheap knock off of a Norwich 1980s kit, have started the season well.  A few wins, only the one defeat, things were looking rosy.  This morning the rain was smacking the window sideways, and as is the way of these things an eighteen man squad became bare eleven men good and true for kick off.  Must be some flu going around.  We started the game ok, it was one one around forty or so minutes in and my thoughts drifted to having a nice sit down for five minutes.  Hello middle age, I've been expecting you.  So I turn to the Ref and ask him 'How long?'  He replies 'Fifteen minutes.'  FIFTEEN?  WHAT?  'It's the way I do it,' he continued 'I stop the watch every time the ball goes out of play.'  Every throw in.  Every goal kick.  Everything.  I've never played twenty five minutes of first half injury time before, I can't say I'd like to again. Eventually, after two and a half hours since kick off, we trudged off the field defeated 6-4.  Well some trudged, I crawled while blowing out of all the available orifices.  They had subs, we didn't.  It showed.  I still thanked the Ref though.  That's the joy of being part of the lowest tier in the Sunday League pyramid, you get to meet interesting people.  The Refs are either extraordinarily keen youngsters who want to make a real go of being a Ref (these depress me as I am legit old enough to be their father now) or people who want to do it.  Also called loons.  Some have the vision of Arsene Wenger.  Others have the the mid drift of the Staypuff Marshmello man and never leave the centre circle.  But I respect them all, I wouldn't want to referee the calibre of Sunday League footballers and we can't have the game without them.  Even when, like today, they try to kill me. So defeated, depressed and late for dinner I drove homewards.  Here is where I may (ok almost definitely) got scammed.  I join the sliproad for the North Circ and notice a broken down car on the left with its owner frantically trying to flag someone down.  Yes I know, I should drive on, everyone else was.  But I really don't like that attitude, one all to prevalent in London, and I like to think if I was in a pickle some kind soul would do me a solid, that's why I always stop.  So I pull up and wind down a window.  The fellow, a Middle Eastern chap, says his first word to me.  'English?'  A tickle of dread tingles down my spine, my mind flashes back to an afternoon at the Gare Du Nord in Paris.  I was waiting outside the toliets in the terminal while a now Ex was doing what nature intended, and I remember watching a fleet of female beggars swoop towards a disembarking Eurostar.  Their first words to everyone leaving the train was 'English?'  If the person said no they simply moved on.  If a plucky Brit said 'Yes' then half a dozen would swarm the man or woman, panhandling for a few Euros.  That day I pretended to be Spanish, apparently I look a little Mediterranean when I don't shave.  It worked that time but now I was a little stuck. He flew into a panicked monologue.  I managed to catch the words 'No Money,' 'No petrol,' 'No credit card,' 'Wife,' 'Baby' and 'Manchester.'  Now I know what you are thinking.  It's a scam.  Possibly a scamola.  I was thinking the same.  So now laugh at my naivety because I focussed on the chance he was telling the truth.  He insisted he'd pay me back, producing his business card which looked like it was from a car dealership.  I was dubious, but like I say, if I was ever in a real spot I would hope someone had the heart to help me out.  So I gave him a tenner.  The downside of this was ten quid won't get you to Lancashire and he spied the other note, similar orange, in my wallet.  He insisted further for that one too, offering his ring.  I said to him 'I don't want your ring, I'm just doing you a favour.'  I relented on the second tenner, but then a slight glimmer of hope came into my heart as he threw the ring I had told him several times I didn't want into my car and walked away while saying 'thank you very much' about half a dozen times.  I set off again, 95% sure I was scammed but with that glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe, it was all true and I had helped out my fellow man.  And you know what, if that happens five times, four being a scam and one being for real, I'd take that.  I'd be happy with that.  And I'd really like the rest of the world to take that view too.  While the cops bust all of the scammer obviously.  At a couple of points in my life I have had a gun pointed at my head or a knife aimed at my throat.  Both times there was passers by (many in the case of the knife, it was broad daylight rush hour in Tottenham).  Both times I caught someone's eye.  Both times that person hurriedly looked at the floor and quickened their pace.  No one ever called the police.  No one ever helped.  I hate that.  That's why I always stop. So this ring.  Now I'm home I can have a real good look at it.  He claimed it was 18 carat.  I have no interest in rings or jewellery of any kind, I never wear a piece.  Looking at it now I am really hoping that my Middle Eastern gentleman in distress once watched David Ginola on a Saturday afternoon, was mesmerized by his mazy running and flowing locks, fell instantly in love with that man and decided to get a custom gold ring made with his initials on its top.  Because if that symbol on the top is meant to be Dolce and Gabbbana I am right royally done up like a kipper.  The lettering is, shall we say, found wanting.  Looking like a child wrote it.  Below are the pictures of the ring.  Now is there any way I can test to see if it is real gold without much expense or having to confess to another living soul I have this in my possession?  Something really easy would be super, I've already been given a couple of suggestions but I'd like some more.  I've very doubtful it's real gold.  Heck I doubt it's been a ring for that long. So laugh away.  And keep this in mind if you're looking for that unique special item for a loved one this Christmas.  Especially if you're married to David Ginola.
    Posted by TommyD

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive been trying to get rid of that ring for years.  ;-)

Hope you're well buddy post more please.

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Delightful post tommy.  You dont post enough on this thread.  Mines just filled with me complaining and boring HH's. I too played football this morning - Sunday league football has its charms doesnt it?  Second round of one of the many cups in our area, we actually managed to produce a stunning 4-2 win in the pouring rain - rain that makes you forget youre actually wet through til you sit in your car and get stuck to the seat.  Either way I scored twice so i'll take that ;).  Our ref was... lets say of the bigger build.  Im not sure he once left the centre circle during the entirety of the match.  But fair play to them all for still coming and reffing a rather substandard game in the extreme conditions. Youve been held at gunpoint and had a knife held at you??  That sounds like quite a tale.  You certainly have some interesting life stories to tell... Now about the man you helped out... I'd like to think it wasnt a scam... but it kinda does sound like a scam, although massive respect for stopping and helping.  When I was on holiday in Lanzarote not too long ago, after one of the nights I lost my mates and ended up getting lost.  I walked for what must of been miles in what was the wrong direction (i didnt know at the time).  I reach a roundabout towards a main road and decided id wait there til a car came and ask for directions (i had lost my wallet on the night out and didnt take my phone out with me in the first place).  Car after car came and none stopped to help.  One taxi did stop, but as soon as I said 'ive lost my wallet' he drove off without a seconds hesitation.  I ended up standing in the middle of the road like a starfish when i saw an oncoming lorry - man im glad it stopped.  Either way that gentlemen pointed me in the right direction and i eventually got home.  If we all did a bit of good to each other the world would be a much bearable place to live in... so even if it was a scam, on the off chance it wasn't you just made his day. No idea about the ring/gold situation, but at least you got a trendy *ahem thing to wear at the next SPT!
    Posted by gazza127
    TYVM Gazza

You decided to play chicken with a truck?  That Sir is some high variance strategy.

Congrats on the goals, I play fullback so I leave a game without knowing the goal keeper's hair colour let alone getting a shot away.

Wear the ring at the SPT?  At this point I'm hoping it's not radioactive, if I start losing my hair in clumps then I'll know I'm in a spot.

Enjoying your diary btw, the HHs are quite decent.  And thank you for not including me in them up till now and saving an old man's blushes.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Congrats on the goals, I play fullback so I leave a game without knowing the goal keeper's hair colour let alone getting a shot away. 
    Posted by TommyD
    No Kyle Walker in you then Tommy? 

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : TYVM Gazza You decided to play chicken with a truck?  That Sir is some high variance strategy. Congrats on the goals, I play fullback so I leave a game without knowing the goal keeper's hair colour let alone getting a shot away. Wear the ring at the SPT?  At this point I'm hoping it's not radioactive, if I start losing my hair in clumps then I'll know I'm in a spot. Enjoying your diary btw, the HHs are quite decent.  And thank you for not including me in them up till now and saving an old man's blushes.
    Posted by TommyD
    I did play chicken with a truck... and i won!  You know very well i have a very high varient style :).

Think ive realised why you always seem to take my money off me on cash - you use my HH's in my diary against me!  You probably have heaps of notes!

Must.Delete.Diary.
  • edited October 2013
    Great update Tommy as always.

You probably did get scammed but meh, like you said if we can get there 1in5 times then it's gotta be good. The general attitude of most people in these situations is awful.
  • edited October 2013
    Hey Tommy It's a common scam unfortunatly. I was coming back from work one time, middle eastern gentleman with his family on the slip road flagging down cars, it was the same story they had ran out of money petrol etc etc, was offered gold jewlerry, i just said i had no money on me and drove off. Couple of days later it was in the local rag confirming it was a scam. The items you were given have no value.
    Posted by LARSON7
    Oh man, you know how to bring someone down don't you?  Where's your sense of 'maybe, juuuuuuuust maybe'

You got any young children?  If so I'm on my way up to Scotland to have a chat with them regarding Santa Claus.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Lol - was thinking the same thing. Tommy, just so Larson is proven wrong, I hope it's worth an absolute fortune!
    Posted by Slipwater
    Cheers Slip.  Already picked out what island it's gonna buy me :)
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive been trying to get rid of that ring for years.  ;-) Hope you're well buddy post more please.
    Posted by hawk7112
    Hey Hawky, good to hear from you man.

Yeah I should of gotten suspicious when the guy threatened me with the golf club.  Makes sense now....
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : No Kyle Walker in you then Tommy? 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Kyle Walker?  Don, I'm no Roy Walker.

Which gives me a chance to post this classic gem.
  • edited October 2013
    Thanks for all of the messages guys, nice to get this going again.

Poker news.  Not much to say really, nothing really went for me on Sunday night.  The month has been decent.  No massive hot streaks, no tragedies, just plodding on to be honest which is very much the way of things.

Going to grind the DYMS and STTs hard over Double points week, let's see if we can get some interest back in them and maybe make a little paper as well homies.  Yes I've been playing GTAV too much.
  • edited October 2013
    Thanks for all of the messages guys, nice to get this going again. Poker news.  Not much to say really, nothing really went for me on Sunday night.  The month has been decent.  No massive hot streaks, no tragedies, just plodding on to be honest which is very much the way of things. Going to grind the DYMS and STTs hard over Double points week, let's see if we can get some interest back in them and maybe make a little paper as well homies.  Yes I've been playing GTAV too much.
    Posted by TommyD
    Yeah me too.... until last night when I found out one of our cats had decided to nibble through the HDMI cable :(

It's probably for the best! So got a few days grind before my new HDMI arrives.
  • edited October 2013
    Thanks for all of the messages guys, nice to get this going again. Poker news.  Not much to say really, nothing really went for me on Sunday night.  The month has been decent.  No massive hot streaks, no tragedies, just plodding on to be honest which is very much the way of things. Going to grind the DYMS and STTs hard over Double points week, let's see if we can get some interest back in them and maybe make a little paper as well homies.  Yes I've been playing GTAV too much.
    Posted by TommyD
    I've got the game... however I have yet to do any of the missions.

I just go around, using the cheats, flying helicopters trying to get myself into trouble.  Is it actually worth pursueing the storyline... i.e. is it just as fun as just being a total reckless loon doing all the things you arent meant to do in common society...
  • edited October 2013
    "mummy, mummy - why are those skinheads kicking the s.h.i.t out of that tramp"
    overheard at a London tube station during evening rush hour

where are the bystanders when you need them, eh?

not that i could see what was happening, given that i had my hands clamped over my eyes and blood pouring down my face. no, i wasn't the skinheads previous victim, i was the tramps. he had randomly hit me in the face with a metal tipped stick. smashed my glasses and lacerated my face.

while having shards of glass removed from my eyeballs, and my eyebrows stiched back on, I reflected on the situation.  I wasn't exactly the tramps new best friend, but i'm not sure him having a good beating was going to help either of us very much either. something to help his drink/drug problem would probably have been better received all round.

but no doubt the skinheads felt they were doing me a favour, in their own way. instead of being bystanders who looked the other way they intervened in the way they knew.

• edited October 2013
    Posted by TommyD
    I know that feeling, even my gaming friends are questioning my life. 

Still shooting random hookers for no reason is suprisingly fun, an long as its pixiated right? 

Glad i could set you up for that specific Mr Chips video. 

How is the puppy? 
  • edited October 2013

I notice that  Kansas City are running as well as you at 6-0. (at the time of posting this) Will they top the the AFC West and can they be superbowl Champs?
  • edited November 2013
    looking forward to the TommyD guide to UKOPS - the highs and lows - please don't disappoint
  • edited November 2013
    looking fwd to Tommy's guide to his new neighbours - pls don't disappoint (sorry a bit out of touch with this "diary")
  • edited January 2014
    WP on the ME bink last night sir.

Diary was lying dormant :( so thought I'd give it a bump

Any side bets with Bates again this year? What charity was it in the end for last year, save a gooner?

How's January been for you?