You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary.

Comments

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary.:
    Politics news (just for Don) Enjoying the mass U-Turns by the three major parties following the UKIP surge at the recent council elections.  Currently I pretty much detest all political parties, being a politician has become a career rather being a representative for a community and their interests.  Politicians first aim is to survive, then to thrive.  Maybe I'm reflective of the general apathy people in this country have right now.  MPs haven't learnt a jot from the expenses scandal.  I remember an interview with some brand new shiny MPs on the day the last government was formed.  It was around lunchtime.  They were asked about expenses and to a man and woman, across all parties their first reaction was 'I've kept the receipts.'  For crying out loud, you've been there half a day and you'll already charging the public for stuff. Now I pretty much disagree with UKIP entirely.  However, seeing Nigel Farage pop for a cheeky lunchtime pint after a good day/night at the office, I can't help but liking his style.  No doubt they will revert to the same old same old in quick time, but at least the whole situation is amusing me at the moment.
    Posted by TommyD
    Just seen this tommy. seem to have missed what happened, and mel went out with weeman today so had a few bevvies. 

In an attempt to follow, politicians have a pretty horrible job. The lad i know is a trainee MSP but he's fully following what he believes is the correct thing to do. Although hes with the SNP so mostly hes talking about independance given next years referendum is huge for them i guess thats not a suprise. 

Politics is a brutal world and if im honest, many eyars ago when the people rose against the monarcy they wanted the common man - people like many of us - to have a voice in how this country is run. I now no longer see that. 

I feel sorry for teachers, doctors and top quality cival servants who do a great job and dont get paid enough - i know this may be close to you tommy. 

However you get people on benifits (much like myself) who are unable to get a job because their qualifications aren't good enough, or they dont have clean clothes. In my personal case i lost my job on medical grounds, following an operation and physio we where in ressession and i had i which struggled to get a job. I went through a weird time in life and had a mental break down. Im now almost recovered, but what really worries me is the fiancial side, given housing benefit, my benifits and council tax benifit, unless i get a strongly paid job, i will be much worse off per month. Im trying to recover from mental health issues and return to normal society and work, but im worried about being £2-300 per month worse off. Surely this shoudlnt be the case - although i think the torries have gone over the top with the new benefits and DLA changes. 

Meh its a tough one to balance but i no longer feel like the average person trully has a say 
  • edited May 2013
    I'll be so pleased when this promo ends.  I thought it was a good one but combining the fact I'm getting grief for it as well as doing my wassits in it is just ebbing at my soul.  Mass multi tabling means I've made some mistakes but I am certain I am running below expectation.  At a lovely -15% ROI which is personally disappointing.  Sigh, these things happen, guess I gotta work harder.  This would be my favourite of the hands in this promo: Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance x Small blind   25.00 25.00 2695.00 eboue27402 Big blind   50.00 75.00 3225.00   Your hole cards K K       alig1234 Fold         TommyD Raise   150.00 225.00 2025.00 The_Flex Fold         x  Call   125.00 350.00 2570.00 eboue27402 Fold         Flop     6 4 7       x  Check         TommyD Bet   250.00 600.00 1775.00 x Call   250.00 850.00 2320.00 Turn     Q       x  Check         TommyD Bet   450.00 1300.00 1325.00 x  Call   450.00 1750.00 1870.00 River     Q       x All-in   1870.00 3620.00 0.00 TommyD All-in   1325.00 4945.00 0.00 x Unmatched bet   545.00 4400.00 545.00 x Show Q 5       TommyD Show K K       x Win Three Queens 4400.00 PLO fun night tomorrow night,  I promised I'd help Tikay out so I'll be playing wither some micro PLO STTs or MTTs with the chat open.  If anyone has a question about Omaha please come along and chat about the hands, hopefully it'll be a fun night.  After that I'll be taking a week or so break away from the forum.  After some of the comments and attitudes I've encountered over the last weekend I need a break away.  Maybe I'm being over sensitive, maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm out of line.  All of those possibilities do not change the fact that while in the past I have gone well out of my way to help people here with small to big things, yet right now the thought I doing the same for a lot of people makes me want to physically vomit.  I'll do tomorrow because I have already offered.  After that it's into the cave with me for a bit.
    Posted by TommyD

I fully understand that Tommy. It's so very sad that such aggression & rudeness was encountered, there was just no need. Whatever happened to the art of debating stuff in a civil manner?

The Community will be much the poorer place in your (hopefully short) absence.
  • edited May 2013
    i thought you handled yourself very well Tommy. As did some of the other posters once some misunderstandings or clarifications were made.
  • edited May 2013
    Cheers guys (and those of you who PMed me, going through them now).

Honestly I'm cool.  Got a bit grumpy which is a combination of long grind at a very disciplined variation of the game, run bad, play bad and read bad things.  Obviously if I was running super hot (or my default setting) then it's a lot easier to ignore other factors.  And I already decided to have a little slow down next week, got some other things to take care of as well as breaking in the mutt for her walkies.  We've had a few attempts so far, mixed success.  She doesn't understand why she's not being carried everywhere now, I think she takes after the GF for her high maintenance (no one tell her I said that, shushhhhhh).

So on to better things, please post up what sort of Omaha people want to try out tomorrow.  PLO or PLO8 (lesson one, these two games are as similar as Draughts and Chess, you really need to understand this).  I'll play as low as anyone wants, and either cash or tournaments.  I know Tikay will be doing similar and he's a great person to learn the game from, but for the overspill and to help him out, I'll be on different tables and might have his open to help with some questions if he gets inundated.  I hope you all enjoy it, it's a wonderful game.  PLO8 is probably my second favourite variant (behind Badugi).  Let's have us some fun.

Finally, I'm not likely to leave the forum anytime soon, and when the day finally comes there won't be a 'I'm leaving thread,' I really dislike those.  When that day comes, I'm simply going to click stand and get my coat.
  • edited June 2013
  • edited June 2013
    Miss me?
    Posted by TommyD

That would be telling. ;)

Hope you are well
  • edited June 2013
    Ahh, I was gonna bump this a few days ago just to ask if you were still on 'sabbatical' from the forum.

Welcome back, see you in a few weeks at DTD.
  • edited June 2013
    And we're back in the room.

Poker news, personal poker news too.  You may or may not of noticed that I've had a decent MTT run this month.  Another young man who has is Matt Bates, you might now him from such events as get it in behind and got there.  For those that don't know we're mates.  Actually met through SkyPoker and last year's VLV trip.  Everyone pretty much got on well on that little expedition but myself, Matt, my brother, Matt's +1 Adam and Kev (Oldboy) did form a little bit of a chill out group.  Dylan turned up a bit as well when he wasn't getting an older gentleman Lattes.  Anyway I digress onto memories a year old, me and the pocket luckbox are pretty tight these days.  And we're had a little charity bet this year.

The bet is on the Sharkscope Leaderboard.  Myself, Matt and Ryan.  Whoever finishes highest gets to tell the other two a charity to donate to.  We're just trying to kid karma really.  Now the real reason I bring this up is another purpose of the bet was to give myself some real motivation this year.  You see I finished top of that leaderboard the last two years (I don't normally brag but it's crucial to the point I say this).  But I noticed Matt was playing on Sky more and more.  He'll probably roll about and laugh after I say this but I know he's a much better MTT player than me (so is Ryan for that matter).  So the bet was an attempt by me to get my backside in gear and improve my MTT game.  How's it going?
    1 MattBates  SkyPoker $33,806
    2 TommyD  SkyPoker $18,451
    Meh, I was a lot closer before he won the Primo last Sunday.  $15k to claw back in just over half a year.  Going to be a challenge for sure.  At least I'm still working on my game.  After the last two years I really felt I was beginning to get sloppy with looking for leaks, improving and refining how to play some spots.  Just in the last two months I've found so many faults with my MTT game.  I may have to flick some money towards Matt's favourite charity (which I assume will be Luckboxes for Justice) but the +ev benefits of not being idle will be worth it.

Plus I haven't given up on chasing the kid down yet.  It's still June.  You will be updated.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : That would be telling. ;) Hope you are well
    Posted by hawk7112
    Peachy thanks Hawkster.  How is your good self?

Did you enjoy watching the US Open as much as I did?  Been a while since an English winner and you sort of got the feeling that when Rose started crying a little on the final green that he thought he was over the line.  I was just thinking 'Please no play off, dude's started crying, you can't play golf after crying.  You cry after playing golf (at least I do).'
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Peachy thanks Hawkster.  How is your good self? Did you enjoy watching the US Open as much as I did?  Been a while since an English winner and you sort of got the feeling that when Rose started crying a little on the final green that he thought he was over the line.  I was just thinking 'Please no play off, dude's started crying, you can't play golf after crying.  You cry after playing golf (at least I do).'
    Posted by TommyD

All's good thanks.

Merion is an awesome course I have actually had the pleasure of playing it many years ago, it was something that I always wanted to do. Also being a big Ben Hogan fan it was a fantastic experience.

The Us Open was great, it proved that you don't have to make the courses a Zillion yards long. The greens at Merion are its defense, yes the rough was penal but that the way it should be for a Major. 
    If it had gone to a play off it would have been an 18 hole play off the next day whether that's a good thing or not I'll leave that to debate

As for Justin Rose I couldn't be happier for him especially how his Professional career started with 22 missed cuts as they say "The boy did good"

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : All's good thanks. Merion is an awesome course I have actually had the pleasure of playing it many years ago, it was something that I always wanted to do. Also being a big Ben Hogan fan it was a fantastic experience. The Us Open was great, it proved that you don't have to make the courses a Zillion yards long. The greens at Merion are its defense, yes the rough was penal but that the way it should be for a Major.  If it had gone to a play off it would have been an 18 hole play off the next day whether that's a good thing or not I'll leave that to debate As for Justin Rose I couldn't be happier for him especially how his Professional career started with 22 missed cuts as they say "The boy did good"
    Posted by hawk7112
    Yeah after that silver medal at The Open his career has taken a longer route to a Major than most people expected.  Very impressed at his mental toughness to get through to this point and keep improving his game.  Also glad he managed to maintain a run through all 72 holes, recently he seems to be in it after the first round of a major then drop away.  Many kudos.

Mickelson was also awesome.  The guy couldn't find a fairway off the tee with a roadmap in the final round yet he was still in it right up to the last hole.  If it had gone to a playoff I really couldn't see anyone but him winning it, just such a competitor.

Personally I thought Merion was great.  Set up perfectly to really challenge accuracy rather than strength, have high risk/high reward spots along the way and obviously drama on the greens.  I remember a commentator saying it's probably be the last US Open at Merion as, to quote, 'It's too small and the game has outgrown it.'  Thoughts on this?  Personally I thought it was a great venue and a massive equaliser for the big tee off merchants.
  • edited June 2013
    Glad you are backLess than half way through your challenge and at least one ukops to come so no slacking matecan't let the kids win too easilystill waiting for your comments on the hilo hand that you said would be very instructiveI reminded myself about that oneThink I was happy with my play as an amateur hilo player but interested how I could have played it better
  • edited June 2013
    Sorry about lack of punctuation but timed out on the post but had a rough copy saved on my phone
  • edited June 2013
    Oh Gonzo, I forgot completely about that hand mate.  Where was it again?  Did you PM it to me?  Flag it and I'll get onto it today.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Peachy thanks Hawkster.  How is your good self? Did you enjoy watching the US Open as much as I did?  Been a while since an English winner and you sort of got the feeling that when Rose started crying a little on the final green that he thought he was over the line.  I was just thinking 'Please no play off, dude's started crying, you can't play golf after crying.  You cry after playing golf (at least I do).'
    Posted by TommyD
    He would have been fine.
    US Open is 18 hole play off the next day.
    Fantastic to see an English winner
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : He would have been fine. US Open is 18 hole play off the next day. Fantastic to see and English winner
    Posted by Jac35
    Against Mickelson?  I beg to differ.  Also I think he was already mentally expecting the win, having that taken away is a mental challenge, however he's overcome a number of them so maybe he could take.

I'm really happy for him that it didn't come down to that though.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Against Mickelson?  I beg to differ.  Also I think he was already mentally expecting the win, having that taken away is a mental challenge, however he's overcome a number of them so maybe he could take. I'm really happy for him that it didn't come down to that though.
    Posted by TommyD
    Ahh
    I misunderstood what you meant. I thought you were thinking that they went straight out for the play off. He certainly would have struggled in that case.

Would have been a close run thing the next day, I believe. He was playing beautifully and the crowd on the Monday would have been much smaller and less hostile. (hostile is wrong word).

Always feel it's a real anti-climax to have to come back the next day.
    I think they have it about right at the 'real' Open with the 4 hole play off. Less of a lottery than 'sudden death' and a wonderful atmosphere.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Yeah after that silver medal at The Open his career has taken a longer route to a Major than most people expected.  Very impressed at his mental toughness to get through to this point and keep improving his game.  Also glad he managed to maintain a run through all 72 holes, recently he seems to be in it after the first round of a major then drop away.  Many kudos. Mickelson was also awesome.  The guy couldn't find a fairway off the tee with a roadmap in the final round yet he was still in it right up to the last hole.  If it had gone to a playoff I really couldn't see anyone but him winning it, just such a competitor. Personally I thought Merion was great.  Set up perfectly to really challenge accuracy rather than strength, have high risk/high reward spots along the way and obviously drama on the greens.  I remember a commentator saying it's probably be the last US Open at Merion as, to quote, 'It's too small and the game has outgrown it.'  Thoughts on this?  Personally I thought it was a great venue and a massive equaliser for the big tee off merchants.
    Posted by TommyD

It did make me chuckle did he forget the winning score was over Par? It will be a shame if it is, but then he must of been a Nike fan ;)
    Comments like that come from people who want to see scores of 60 under winning tournaments. I personally enjoy players have to manufacture shots and use imagination. 

The Us Open was great for the viewer and the players, just under 7000 yards of pure golf, was Merion too easy being a shorter course, i think the scores shot and the players will tell you how tough it was.

Unfortunately due to modern technology some courses have been reduced to be not adequate enough for Major Tournaments, one course that springs to mind is Walton Heath, Its held the Ryder Cup in the past and imo is a better golf course than Celtic Manor. 

I could rant all day about what is wrong with golf at the present time but hopefully with the US Open being as exciting as it was people will now start to think about the future of the game more

• edited June 2013
    so good to see this on page 1 tommy. 

more please :)
  • edited June 2013
    Geldy, I can't frankly remember the other holdings now.  I know I felt I went in there too light.  I think you won the high and me and Chris split the low.  By definition, you played it better then.
  • edited June 2013
    Hound news

A bit of a shaker the other day.  I've had a long running gag.  It's not that funny out of context and written on a forum but Shirley, our Beagle puppy, has a long running feud with pigeons.  She can't get close to them though.  She'll spot a couple pecking and waddling around in the garden, slowly stalk up to them playing a version of 'What's the time Mr Wolf?'  She'll pause, creep, pause one paw hanging in the air, creep some more, get within five yards of the birds then SPRINT!  And at this point the pigeons take flight and I say something like 'Shirley nil, pigeons 35.'

That changed somewhat a couple of days ago.  I was just chilling in front of the box when the GF would scream 'She's got a bird!'  I run out and there is the Hound, proud as punch holding a brown bird in her jaws.  She wasn't chewing, but she was shaking and running around with the bird like it was one of her toys.  She'd drop the bird in front of her and I could see the poor thing writhe but was unable to get upright or fly away.  When I got close the dog scoops up the bird and runs around the garden, just like the game with the tennis ball we have.

In a few minutes I finally managed to separate dog and bird, chucking the dog in the house and closing all exits, then back to the bird.  It was a Thrush, pretty little thing.  Bigger than a sparrow, slighter than a pigeon.  I have no idea how the dog got a bird, maybe the feathered thing was already injured, maybe it was just sloppy.   I had a towel and a shoebox, I cradled that bird and set it on its side in an emergency bed I made for it within the cardboard.  There was no marks or cuts or wounds on the body, but it was extremely frail and shocked.  It stared at me, dazed and obviously in pain.  I stroked the head and decided I was going to save this thing like it was a bad Children's TV drama.  Then I saw it gasping at the beak, and the blood gently dripping from its mouth.  The bird was reaching from its throat, over and over again.  I frankly didn't know what to do, completely helpless and useless.  Then the bird turned its head, stared at me.  And stopped.  Just stopped.  I decided to do some ham-fisted avian CPR, pressing the chest and blowing gently into the beak, nothing happened.  The thrush was limp and then when I picked it up (at this point I was mentally coming up with an electric shock idea involving the toaster, don't ask where that thought process was going) the head lolled down and I knew it was over.

I was emotionally invested to be frank and had failed.  I guess the dog must had crushed something inside the Thrush and it either choked to death on its own blood or the organ damaged ceased to function.  Tearful, I wandered towards the shed to find a spade to bury the poor thing.  At this point comes the GF's only contribution to the event, placing the bird in a plastic bag while I'm in the shed, tying the bag up and putting it in the wheelie bin.  Apparently this is easier.  Sigh.

D the Elder has since told me the humane thing to do when a creature is in that way is to place it in a bag and smash its head in, humanely killing it quickly.  I can't see me doing that.  I can see me trying again with extremely little chance of success to save the bird.  However, I'm not making that Shirley versus the birds joke again.
  • edited June 2013
    Poker news.

Pfft it has been up and down as of late.  Having a decent month but every time I get going on a roll I get pinged back.  Really looking forward to the SPT 6Max though.

I have a somewhat decent record in 2 Day SPTs when it comes to getting to Day 2, I generally make it.  Had a few stacks as well.  Sadly my Day 2 blow ups are becoming stuff of legend.  Sick of it to be honest, need to get one to take.  I'm pretty determined for the 6max (which will obviously mean I'm out before dinner) after lat year.  I cashed yes but I screwed up a couple of hands, one in particular, which would have legitimately given my a FT shot.  I need to be more composed live.  You see online I do spin in my chair when I ping a set, I do shout hold, I do scream FOLD FOLD FOLD or CALL CALL CALL.  This doesn't work as well live.  Obviously I don't actually do that stuff live but the mist does come down, keeping the excitement inside does feel like it is over flowing at times and I just go blank to the whole picture.  I need to be composed.  First stop in this change, DTD Nottingham.

Good luck everyone, I hope to see everyone there. 
  • edited June 2013
    Poker news. Pfft it has been up and down as of late.  Having a decent month but every time I get going on a roll I get pinged back.  Really looking forward to the SPT 6Max though. I have a somewhat decent record in 2 Day SPTs when it comes to getting to Day 2, I generally make it.  Had a few stacks as well.  Sadly my Day 2 blow ups are becoming stuff of legend.  Sick of it to be honest, need to get one to take.  I'm pretty determined for the 6max (which will obviously mean I'm out before dinner) after lat year.  I cashed yes but I screwed up a couple of hands, one in particular, which would have legitimately given my a FT shot.  I need to be more composed live.  You see online I do spin in my chair when I ping a set, I do shout hold, I do scream FOLD FOLD FOLD or CALL CALL CALL.  This doesn't work as well live.  Obviously I don't actually do that stuff live but the mist does come down, keeping the excitement inside does feel like it is over flowing at times and I just go blank to the whole picture.  I need to be composed.  First stop in this change, DTD Nottingham. Good luck everyone, I hope to see everyone there. 
    Posted by TommyD
    Thanks that gave me a good giggle as I imagined someone at a live table screaming FOLD FOLD FOLD at the top of their voice as they push chips in the middle =D
  • edited June 2013
  • edited June 2013
    In some lighter hearted animal news (it's starts bad but don't worry, happy endings like an American Sit Com) I had a knock on the door the other day.  On of my neighbours had lost her dog.  Little Bobbi (I have no idea if it's Bobbi or Bobby but judging by the TOWIE appearance of the owner the safe money is on Bobbi) had done a runner from the garden.  About six months ago he had gotten into my garden, now from ten doors down that's a feat.  She was asking me if he had gotten into our garden again, sadly no.

But this was Shirley's chance of redemption.  I grabbed the lead and after five minutes of chasing my dog around the garden, I have no idea how I got the only dog in the world which hates walking, we were off.  Well I say off, we got to the pavement and Shirley spent two minutes licking her rear end.  I hope this was a canine method of getting the scent and psyching up.

Up and down the local streets we went and boy was Shirley good.  When I say good I mean distracted.  For a Hound her focus was somewhat wavering.  She chased after a boy on a bike, got scared of a pram, was very interested in a discarded coke can and decided to have a lie down half a dozen times.  It's tiring work obviously, she needs her rest.  Luckily I saw the owner a little while later and Bobbi had gotten into yet another garden and after getting a phonecall she was on her way to collect.  All being well me and Super Hound retired back to the house.  She expected a biscuit for all of her hard work.  And because I can't say no to her hang down expression and big brown eyes she obviously got one.  I'm such a mug for a cute face.
  • edited July 2013
    Movie News From the Geek/Nerd/Comic Book Fanboy Heart now

So I saw Man Of Steel the other day.  You may or may not know I regard the original Christopher Reeve Superman movie as the one great comic book movie.  Well I did up until last year, in my opinion there are now two.  Nope, nothing with Batman in.  Avengers did the unthinkable for me, they made an actual movie with the feel, texture, action, humour and character of a comic book without patronising either the source material or the audience.  Nolan's Batman Trilogy are probably much better main stream films and undoubtedly very good, but they are straight action films based on the literature (and in my fanboy opinion mostly cannibalised patches of the classic works of Miller, Moore Morrison etc mashed together).  Avengers was turning a comic book into a film.

Anyway, Man of Steel.  Easily the third best Superman movie of all time.  Probably not what they were shooting for.  Now I hate spoilers, I avoid them like the plague.  so consider the rest of this post a spoiler for the film:

******SPOILERS BELOW************

Hi, I'm Russell Crowe, I'm here to be serious and explain the plot to you while looking magnificent in my beard.  And that's what happened, anytime Crowe turns up, it's time to pay attention, without him it was breakneck action but too breakneck.  What makes action really affect an audience is the feeling of peril.  You were never given a chance to establish peril, you weren't really given a moment to understand what all of blurry images actually were.  So many special effects were shoehorned into most scenes I think even George Lucas would say 'hmmm, the screen is a little busy.'  It wasn't all bad, in fact the movie is decent.  There are some key advances I loved.  The fact Lois knows Clark is Superman from the offset of the Clark Kent character is very welcome, she's meant to be an award winning journalist, the fact that she has been fooled by thick rimmed glasses and a change in hair style in previous incarnations undermined the character.  Costner needing a tornado to take him out was fun too.  Shannon was a solid Zod and Crowe was the sort of Jor El that should be there.  I thought Cavill was very good as well in the tights but it still remains to be seen if he can play Kent anywhere near as good as Reeve did.  The story just lacked, well, story.  One of the biggest cornerstones of Superman is 'he doesn't kill.'  With the climax this is pushed to the max, however this fact wasn't established at any point.  That left you thinking 'snap his neck already.'

So decent.  Which means a bit of a let down.  It's no Superman 1 or 2.  Not by a mile.  But the studio will be rolling in money from it so I'm sure they'll be cool.
  • edited July 2013
    Poker News

Bit of a downswing and stagnation.  I've sort of lost my way a little.  The game just isn't clicking at the moment and I'm getting a little tetchy with it.  I don't think I'm seeing the hands as a whole, or the session as a story, imo you need to do that to see where the game is flowing and what the dynamics are at that time.  At times I'm just punting.

So time to close some leaks.  The ones I am after right now are:

1)  Make more and better notes.
    2)  See the range of a villain rather than the most likely.  Because when I see that most likely holding and decide it makes no sense I've been hitting the middle button and then seeing a completely different kind of better hand.
    3)  Concentrate throughout the session.  No fiddling about with FB, Twitter, Skype or Sporcle during a session.
    4)  Adjust my shove/call ranges for sub 20bb stacks.  I think in some cases I've gone too nitty, in others too loose.
    5)  I think a dash of weak play has crept into my game.  Stop being tight weak or loose weak.  Stop falling into a passive line so much.

Darn that's a lovely checklist to beginning with.  How to humble yourself, I suck at this game.  Onwards.

GL all.  And for Slyklist.  NH.  ;)
  • edited August 2013
    So where's my life at

1)  It's now taking me about four days to recover from 90s Sunday league football.  I'm seriously considering taking ice baths after every game to aid recovery.  To do this I'm gonna have to get more of those ice tray things.  Oh and buy another freezer.  Not sure it'll take, maybe lots of frozen peas?

2)  The Hound is bigger, bolder, cuter and naughtier.  She just slipped the lead about twenty minutes ago while we were in the park.  It let me find out that my rugby tackling skills are still there but my shoulder still doesn't like the landing.  She is in very rude health though and a bundle of furry joy.

3)  Summer UKOPS starts tonight.  Reeling in young Mr Bates on the SS leaderboard begins now in earnest.  Am I playing great?  No, but we're getting there.  I'm coming for you bud.
  • edited August 2013
    So two days in to the UKOPS series and where are we at?

Well firstly I suck at Run/Win The Button.  I've gone into both of those tournaments with a game plan then decided to ignore said game plan and spew like a good 'un.  The main and side on Day one were going okish, got a decent length into both without building up that stack I want for a truly deep run.  Then I ran into a roadblock with both by losing standard hands.

Managed a 3rd in last night's side but tbh I made a bad call which cost me.  Both oppos started open jamming 20BB-30BB stacks after I got into the final three with half of the chips in play.  Not a bad strategy if they don't fancy playing flops with me or each other.  The bad call was with 7s against a massive 3bet jam.  I should have let that one go, was  couple of pips too light.  Nevermind.

So that and another small cash leaves us slightly ahead so far in the series.  Not the crushing blow I need to catch Mr B, as of yet of course.

Main event tonight, everyone have fun and run good!