You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Play My Hand requests.....

Comments

• edited July 2010

Hand History #273341857 (14:43 19/07/2010)

my alias is jason2012 was not involved in this hand however due to the pot size in relationship to the blinds i think it should be on top of the pots blinds 2p 4p and pot was huge have a look

In Response to Play My Hand requests.....:
    Do you want us to Play Your Hand on the Sky Poker TV channel? If so - post as much information as you can about the hand such as: Hand number Your alias Tournament name / cash table number Date and time A description of what happened and why you would like us to play your hand Or send your request to theclub@bskyb.com And your hand could be shown and analysed very soon....   (Please note guys - We really appreciate your input and although we will endeavour to contact everyone who posts on this thread, sometimes it may not be possible. Thank you)
    Posted by Sky_TVcrew
  • edited July 2010

Hand History #273344805 (15:01 19/07/2010)

what a hand how lucky was i sorry to my opponnent  i got lucky but was gr8
    alies is jason 2012

In Response to Play My Hand requests.....:
    Do you want us to Play Your Hand on the Sky Poker TV channel? If so - post as much information as you can about the hand such as: Hand number Your alias Tournament name / cash table number Date and time A description of what happened and why you would like us to play your hand Or send your request to theclub@bskyb.com And your hand could be shown and analysed very soon....   (Please note guys - We really appreciate your input and although we will endeavour to contact everyone who posts on this thread, sometimes it may not be possible. Thank you)
    Posted by Sky_TVcrew
  • edited July 2010
    alias: farmer1

I began playing the master cash 1 table 0.04/0.08p, with £5.60 and doubled up 2 hands in a row to £20 pound, first hand i got very lucky however i didnt put the player on the ace or king and i had made a pair on the board, then hit trips on the river and doubled up, then i was called a fish however i didnt put him on the ace or king so maybe this was the right play with live cards? then next hand i dominated with Jack Queen, if you could show these 2 hands that would be good.

hand #273360575 and hand #273360791 at 16:39 and 16:41 respectively on the 19/07/2010

hope to hear your feedback !!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Play My Hand requests.....:
    alias: farmer1   I began playing the master cash 1 table 0.04/0.08p, with £5.60 and doubled up 2 hands in a row to £20 pound, first hand i got very lucky however i didnt put the player on the ace or king and i had made a pair on the board, then hit trips on the river and doubled up, then i was called a fish however i didnt put him on the ace or king so maybe this was the right play with live cards? then next hand i dominated with Jack Queen, if you could show these 2 hands that would be good. hand #273360575 and hand #273360791 at 16:39 and 16:41 respectively on the 19/07/2010 hope to hear your feedback !!
    Posted by farmer1
    Jack king***************
  • edited July 2010

First hand in a BH, limped the flop to try and pick up a set. Picked it up, and raised a weakly bet flop, bit of a sticky looking board. Turn was about the nastiest card imaginable, and completed both flush and a number of straight draws. The bet and raise made me lay it down, but is there an argument for calling the raise? I was basically certain at least one player had a flush or straight, so I was virtually sure I was behind, but with the amount of cards to hit for the boat, would it have been worth calling to pretty much guarantee stacking someone on the river if I hit, and duck out if I miss? With the blinds so small, being on ~1400/1500 still puts me at 70bbs, which is pretty deep.
  • edited July 2010

It was a 1/2 cash game at around 10.30 I think on todays date.

I had QQ and was wondering if I played it too passively. Villain is fairly tight but because I play fairly LAG I know he doesn't always believe my 3bets, so I think he could be 4betting light. Also we're quite deep so I don't think getting it in pre with QQ is going to be profitable..and I can't see me being able to get him to fold AKs.
  • edited July 2010
    can you show hand 27328939 2/4p erewash table 20/07/2010 time 8.34am / was behind before turn in front on turn then all went crazy with everyone unbelievable
  • edited July 2010
    played this hand - i was getting short i.e. 1500ish on DYM and my opponent went all in after flop.just him and me left in.  i had top pair of 9s (with my 9 5 off suit) so went all in with him. he had pair of jacks - i got a lucky 5 but my oppo cursed and said it was the worst play he had ever seen - and insists i learn my odds - did i get this really wrong? should i give up now?
    273618889 2010-07-20 18:53:42 3180.00
    • Q
    • imber won 3180.00 with a Two Pairs, 9s and 5s

• edited July 2010
    Please check the hand I went out of this tournament on as i would play it the same again and thought it was just bad luck. I've been playing only 6 months and any help is gratefully received. I must add I am happy as I did cash.

TheSinger
    9K Primo
    Sunday July 18th
    Approx 10.55pm
    I finished 43rd

Thanks.
  • jgnjgn
    edited July 2010
     (13:56 21/07/2010)

Alias: jgn

hand number: 027390231

time: 12.45 time of hand  (13:56 21/07/2010)

tournament: bounty hunter no limit

u cant beat the nuts.
  • edited July 2010
    Cash game gravesend on 21/july  at 8. 54 pm very sick hand str8 flush loses to str8 flush  hand says it all hand num 273882401 got to be worth showing cheers  Alan aka             Bendog40.
  • edited July 2010
    Hand History #274100790 (20:30 22/07/2010)

this is,hands down,the worst call i've ever seen
  • edited July 2010
    could u play this miracle hand.h.n 274173563 was 250b/h on 22.7.2010  23h30min. could u analyse this hand pl.what did i do wrong?i ll call this hand no folding botton.ty
  • edited July 2010

Hand History #274238384 (12:34 23/07/2010)

Hi this hand from the £100 GTD today. If i remember rightly we were five handed and it was limped to me on the button so i decided to push qith a 20BB stack with KQs thinking it was unlikely anyone had the strength to call and if they did my hand should still have value. I want to know if my play was too much like gambling or if villain should really have folded. Also I'm pretty sure I hadn't shown down a hand that wasn't the best for the whole tournament which I would've thought would mean my opponent was less likely to think i was stealing is this true?
  • edited July 2010
    2744073772010-07-23 23:56:31
    I wouldn't mind seeing this hand on TV if possible guys.

I think I may have given my opponent too much credit for a set or a straight, but having been called pre-flop, on the flop and then raised off the turn, I got a hunch that top two may not be ahead....was I correct? 
  • edited July 2010
    2744115882010-07-24 00:10:33
    Similarly five minutes later - is there any way I could have got away from this? I was mildly concerned about the straight, but hope you agree it was a cooler.
  • edited July 2010

at 10 to 2 in the morning, cash game.

the art of the 7-2 bluff, interesting to see what i got him to fold as he called 3 barrels.

• edited July 2010

Would really love some information on this, very early stages of tournament, no reads or anything. £1200 BH tournament.

I raised flop to get rid of the garbage, felt fairly good about the flop but didn't want to commit too heavily, or lose a potential customer- so I made a fairly average bet. Hit set on turn, and was pretty confident I was ahead- toyed with shoving, but didn't want to lose my customer either. The river card confused the life out of me though, and although I spent a little while thinking about what he may have based on the preflop play, I settled on him likely having either AJ/KJ diamonds, or A10/K10/Q10 clubs, and after a long think ended up folding.

I'm sure I was ahead on the turn, for definite, and maybe should have shoved there? But the fold on the river is still bugging me, I'm not sure whether it was the right play, given the strength of my hand. I just couldn't see enough hands he may have had that I could beat, apart from a flopped set- in which case either I was lucky and dodged jacks, or it was a stone cold bluff with a set of 8's or 3's.

Either way, would really appreciate the analysis :)
  • edited July 2010

Hand ID- 274997075

Alias- crhealy27

Table- Master Cash 2

Date & Time 26/07/2010 18:01

Should I have bet the turn & could I have got more value out of this or did was this the best way to try and get more value on the river?

Also should my river bet of been a bigger % of the pot?

Thanks

• edited July 2010
    please look at hand number 275195722 and see how this guy could call an all in with 8 5 off suit? Bounty hunter tournament on 27/07/10. small stack went all in with pocket aces, i called with pocket 7's, the guy behind me called with 8 5 off suit!!!!!!! flop came down 7-8-8 giving me full house and guy after me trips, i checked, guy behind me went all in and for me instant call. I know poker is a 7 card game but all i want to know is did i do anything wrong? Was it bad play for the guy behind me to call with 8 5 off suit?   Im getting a bit despondant that it always seems to be the river card where i get beat!!!!!! My alias is BIGGT. Yours hopingly BIGGT
  • edited July 2010
    this guy, cbear, was so unlucky,
    in the space of four hands he twice
    had pocket AA and lost to runner runner,
    on the turn & river, 44 then KK.

he was not a happy chappy!
  • edited July 2010
    I just thought you might like to show this hand - 276005692

Not much analysis required, I'm afraid, but it was a quite amazing cold deck situation on the flop!

OOPS! on the turn! sorry to all concerned! ;)
  • edited August 2010
    Hand details - 275796377 / 2010-07-30 / 11:30:47

Poker Alias - mrdavies
    Name - Scott

Hey to all the guys & gals at sky poker! Could you please analyze this hand for me & try to explain how I could possibly have done things better to avoid losing my money, I did have a bankroll but still this was a devastating flop as you will see.

In hindsight, I thought to myself maybe I should have shuved all in but the greed for gold side of me thought hopefully il get a call off my raise then hopefully they hit some of it and are pot committed to call the inevitable all in from me or maybe they had JJ KK 10's and a low board would arrive to think they were ahead!

Little did I know the following would happend, I think its a awful call but sometimes sky seems to reward bad bad play - as you can see i am still a tad bitter haha!

anyway could you let me know if your going to show it so I can gather the family round to see me on tv hahaha :-)

thanks again

Scott
  • edited August 2010
    Hand History 276682793/2010-08-02/14:38:05 I was 18 minutes into a Deepstack when this happend. My curiosity as got the better of me now did the river save me or cost me? I dont know wether he was already in front when the flop came or wether he hit is card on the river! I really dont believe he was bluffing! Thank you.
  • edited August 2010
    Hand I.D: 276621348
    Poker Alias: ChirpyChip

Please play this hand to demonstrate advanced pot control!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Play My Hand requests.....:
    Hand I.D: 276621348 Poker Alias: ChirpyChip Please play this hand to demonstrate advanced pot control!
    Posted by ChirpyChip[/QUO TE]

waatch you dont blow that trumpet too hard now   :)
  • edited August 2010
    Just thought this was funny .
    Had my first straight flush for months  ------ beat

277112160 (21:24 03/08/2010)

• edited August 2010
     HAND 277200696 , 04.08.10 , Master Cash 7 , 6 handed 20p/40p table, between Guineapig, 4JACKS and stoneface. Guineapig was short stacked so l wasn't worried about him and my read on stoneface is that he is a good player but is capable of a bluff. The flop came 3,3,4 which gave me the full house with 4,4 in my hand. l just called the bet on the flop not wanting to scare my customers off .The turn card was a 9 and the short stack went all in at this point with about £4.50, there was then a re-raise by stoneface, and there was a re-re-raise from me which was called by stoneface.l was trying to do the trapping but became the traped. L.O.L. l put stoneface on an A flush or 3,3,3 with a high kicker.l put Guineapig trying to represent trp 3's on a bluff as he was so short stacked. The river came a 2. This would have given stoneface the possible straight on river so l moved all in and was called. My question is could l or should l have got off the hand at any point?
  • edited August 2010

Hand History #277251994 (12:18 04/08/2010)

hi had ace queen on the button raised 4xbb one caller.

ace high rainbow flop i bet the pot and got called again.

turn came a straightening card.

should i of just checked back turn rather than make a weak raise??

then check call/fold the river??

the fact he shoved the river made me think he had something like qj ak or a10

would love to see what villain had.....................
  • edited August 2010
     HAND 277194031 , 04.08.2010 , 25p/50p , GRANGEMOUTH , Could you take a look at this hand please. I had just come to the tabel and had no reads on me opponent. All the betting kicked off after the river. There was no flush draws out there or full house's. My opponent raised , l re-raised , then he shoved. Looking back on the hand l feel l could have let it go, l had the straight but there was a higher straight out there. l think my opponent played the hand quite well when he just checked the turn. Could you let me know if you think it was a bad call considering l didn't have a reed on my opponent.