You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ask Tikay?

Comments

• edited February 2012
    TK,
    You mention "your" diary on another thread.  Where can I find it as I wouldn't mind a read?
    pad
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay?:
    TK, You mention "your" diary on another thread.  Where can I find it as I wouldn't mind a read? pad
    Posted by Glenelg
    Sent you a PM Pad
  • edited February 2012
    hi Tikay please can u tell me the time we sit down on spt 4 leg at brighton many thanks
  • edited February 2012
    hi Tikay please can u tell me the time we sit down on spt 4 leg at brighton many thanks
    Posted by blueyepete

hi m8 this thread should answer your question CLICK HERE

• edited February 2012
    Hi Tikay I would like to play in the April SPT in Cardiff and as it is my first Sky live tourney I would be gratefull for any info you can provide suck as how do i buy in,what time does it start,what is the format in fact amy relevant info would be appreciated thanks Fredkru100.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay?SPTcardiff:
    Hi Tikay I would like to play in the April SPT in Cardiff and as it is my first Sky live tourney I would be gratefull for any info you can provide suck as how do i buy in,what time does it start,what is the format in fact amy relevant info would be appreciated thanks Fredkru100.
    Posted by fredkru100
    Hi, I'll try and post some info for you.

Generally you can only enter this via a satellite tournament on Sky Poker which will probably open soon after the Brighton / Glasgow SPT is complete.  Then online satellites will run nightly until the event is full.

This is the info from LAST YEARS Cardiff SPT.  Link HERE.

Most of the information there will be relevent to this years event.  But a new player briefing would be posted closer to the Cardiff SPT in the Sky Poker Tour section of the forum.
  • edited February 2012
    Don't go to sleep tonight, Machka!

#slashslashdie

• edited February 2012
    Hi Tikay,

I don't suppose you're any nearer to getting them prizes for Salad24 and Splashies for the HU comp? I do remember you saying you'd sorted something with the suits.

Also, I was in the process of setting up a second series of the competition, just ironing out the fine details, was wondering if you could let me know if we could have any prizes so I could put it up in the thread

Thanks

Paul
  • edited March 2012

Tikay

Have you announced the date of the next UKOPS yet?

I may have imagined it, but I thought you were going to announce it a few weeks ago but I never saw an announcement

Cheers

Doobs

• edited March 2012
    Hi Tikay, I don't suppose you're any nearer to getting them prizes for Salad24 and Splashies for the HU comp? I do remember you saying you'd sorted something with the suits. Also, I was in the process of setting up a second series of the competition, just ironing out the fine details, was wondering if you could let me know if we could have any prizes so I could put it up in the thread Thanks Paul
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hi Paul,

Sorry, I thought this had been sorted - I am tied up with other stuff today (offline most of day) but willl sort it tomorrow.

Apologies for my tardiness.
  • edited March 2012
    Tikay Have you announced the date of the next UKOPS yet? I may have imagined it, but I thought you were going to announce it a few weeks ago but I never saw an announcement Cheers Doobs
    Posted by Doooobs
    Morning young Lady........

The date has not been announced, though I have been "teasing it" a tad.

It is quite taxing selecting the correct week, so as not to clash with too many things, but it will be "quite soon".

PS - Any idea when Easter is this year? Just curious....

• edited March 2012
    Morning TK.

I live in Skipton, oop norff in norff yawkshire. I know you are a suvvenor but do you have any experience of decent live events up here as i am itching to get into live poker after playing on here for over a year but dunno where to go. Probably Leeds i guess but just wonderd if you had any experiences up here where you may prefer one to the other or owt.

Cheers, Sharpy.
  • edited March 2012
    Tikay

Thinking about trying to qualify for Brighton on Saturday, What time does the event start ?

PUCPOUND
  • edited March 2012
    Tikay Thinking about trying to qualify for Brighton on Saturday, What time does the event start ? PUCPOUND
    Posted by PUCPOUND
    Hi Puc

It starts at 2.00, details can be found here
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Hi Puc It starts at 2.00, details can be found  here
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Cheers
  • edited March 2012
    Tikay Thinking about trying to qualify for Brighton on Saturday, What time does the event start ? PUCPOUND
    Posted by PUCPOUND
    Talk about leaving it late though, there's probably only gonna be 1 maybe 2 satellites more before the seats run out.

After alot of run bad and no doubt a few mistakes, I've decided rather than playing sats my time is better spent grinding cash where I know I can win, and seeing if I can get in on the day as an alternate. If not I'll just have to playa few sideys
  • edited March 2012
    Hi Tikay,

Hope ya didn't think I was being rude in Brighton, I didn't introduce myself when I was over talking to Sky Dave (I'm the guy that was asking if they were setting up any SnGs). Was a great day even if I did make a very early exit, had fun railing RV to the final table and meeting some of the guys from the site. Definitely looking forward to future SPTs and maybe running a bit deeper.

Do Sky post up a list of finishing places for everyone at the SPTs? Just wondering where I came even though I know I'll be lucky to have been in the 120s lol

Any word on prizes for the last HU championship and the one that's currently running?

Cheers
    Paul
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : I think you just got unclucky, Charlie, or, some might say, lucky! Not everyone enjoys chatting whilst they play, but the majority do. As others have suggested, try tonight's "forum DTD", it will cost you a fiver in total, for three Toueneys, 3 or 4 hours of fun, & most everyone chats away 13 to the dozen. Road works on the M25? Happy to discuss that fascinating topic any day!
    Posted by Tikay10
     Thanks for the tip on the chatty players haven't come across them yet but have found others, as for the road works on the M25 I'm hardly surprised that there are road works my younger brother worked on the section between Heathrow and Uxbridge. This is a man who can't put up a shelf properly let alone build a motorway!!
    all the best Charlie.

• edited March 2012
    hi tikay, i have found posting to you very useful in the past, so i will continue to pester you for my issues with the site. just a small thing, would it be possible to get the 'notes' section enlarged on the next update, because there is not enough space there to make appropriate notes, i am having to use separate software for it currently, and would prefer if it was linked to sky poker, rather than having to open other windows to do it. Also i would like to say its nice to see carlo playing the tables, putting his money where his mouth is. i think playing with us will improve his online game a lot.

ps the notes section needs around 5 times the capacity it already has, if not more.

keysa
  • edited March 2012

I have a question about how the randomisation works for dealing the cards.

Does the sky software put all 52 cards in order at the start of each hand, and then just deal them in that order?

Or does it deal the hole cards, then wait for the betting to finish, before selecting the cards for the flop; then wait for the betting to finish each time before selecting card for turn and river respectively?

Thanks.

• edited March 2012
    No offence but does it really matter? The cards will all always come out at complete random, regardless of whether there is a predefined order pre dealing or postflop.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? - Card Order:
    I have a question about how the randomisation works for dealing the cards. Does the sky software put all 52 cards in order at the start of each hand, and then just deal them in that order? Or does it deal the hole cards, then wait for the betting to finish, before selecting the cards for the flop; then wait for the betting to finish each time before selecting card for turn and river respectively? Thanks.
    Posted by Padzz77
    Hi Padzz, yes, that's how it works - one shuffle and then deal (like in live poker) - rather than reshuffling after each street.

• edited March 2012
    I have a question about how the randomisation works for dealing the cards. Does the sky software put all 52 cards in order at the start of each hand, and then just deal them in that order? Or does it deal the hole cards, then wait for the betting to finish, before selecting the cards for the flop; then wait for the betting to finish each time before selecting card for turn and river respectively? Thanks.
    Posted by Padzz77
    Hi Padzz,

It's a question for Customer Care really, but I believe the reply by "NoseyBonk" is correct. Feel free to check it with Customer Care, though.

I'm not sure "selecting" (as in "selecting the cards") is the adjective you intended to use, though. They are randomised, & that's that, so without sounding like a pedant, they are what they are, they are not "selected" as such. "Selected" implies a choice.   
  • edited March 2012
    hi tikay, i have found posting to you very useful in the past, so i will continue to pester you for my issues with the site. just a small thing, would it be possible to get the 'notes' section enlarged on the next update, because there is not enough space there to make appropriate notes, i am having to use separate software for it currently, and would prefer if it was linked to sky poker, rather than having to open other windows to do it. Also i would like to say its nice to see carlo playing the tables, putting his money where his mouth is. i think playing with us will improve his online game a lot. ps the notes section needs around 5 times the capacity it already has, if not more. keysa
    Posted by Keysasoze6
    Hi Mr K

In short, I have no idea!

However, your note is noted, & I will forwarded it to the Note Police, up in HQ.

Hope all is well in Keysa land.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? :  Thanks for the tip on the chatty players haven't come across them yet but have found others, as for the road works on the M25 I'm hardly surprised that there are road works my younger brother worked on the section between Heathrow and Uxbridge. This is a man who can't put up a shelf properly let alone build a motorway!! all the best Charlie.
    Posted by CHARLIE201
    Hi  Charlie,

Yes, I'm familiar with that section of the M25, between the M4 interchange @ Heathrow (J15), & the M40 interchange (J216), both are quite fascinating graded interchanges.

You have not come across any "chatty players" on Sky Poker yet?

Then you have not played the Forum DTD, which I also suggested last time.

Monday night, £5.50 for THREE Deepstack Tourneys. GREAT value, great fun, & the lads will always have plenty of banter with you.

Tonight. Don't forget.
  • edited March 2012
    Yeah get it in Charlie. There's a sticky (pink) thread up on the General Poker Chat section but as Tikay said it's

7:15pm - £2.20 Deepstack

7:45pm - £1.10 Deepstack

8:30pm - £2.20 Take on Tikay

All running tonight, so get your name down on the pink sticky thread to say you're involved and have some fun.
  • edited March 2012
    Yeah get it in Charlie. There's a sticky (pink) thread up on the General Poker Chat section but as Tikay said it's 7:15pm - £2.20 Deepstack 7:45pm - £1.10 Deepstack 8:30pm - £2.20 Take on Tikay All running tonight, so get your name down on the pink sticky thread to say you're involved and have some fun.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I offer guaranteed inane chat - get your name down!
  • edited March 2012
    Hi Tikay, I don't suppose you're any nearer to getting them prizes for Salad24 and Splashies for the HU comp? I do remember you saying you'd sorted something with the suits. Also, I was in the process of setting up a second series of the competition, just ironing out the fine details, was wondering if you could let me know if we could have any prizes so I could put it up in the thread Thanks Paul
    Posted by Lambert180

+ 1 Feel bad to keep on asking. But if i dont ask i wont get.

Thanks Tikay.

• edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? - Card Order : Hi Padzz, It's a question for Customer Care really, but I believe the reply by "NoseyBonk" is correct. Feel free to check it with Customer Care, though. I'm not sure "selecting" (as in "selecting the cards") is the adjective you intended to use, though. They are randomised, & that's that, so without sounding like a pedant, they are what they are, they are not "selected" as such. "Selected" implies a choice.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for the reply.

I aint implying anything sinister when I say "selecting"; I'm just curious as to when it happens.

Eg say the turn is 4 clubs.  The software has selected that card at some point.  But has it arranged all the cards before the hand, and the card in 16th position (assuming a 6 seat table) is the 4 of clubs? 

Or is it that, after the betting on the flop is concluded, the software randomly considers the 37 cards which have not yet been dealt, and randomly selects a card at that time, before dealing the 4 of clubs.

• edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? - Card Order : Thanks for the reply. I aint implying anything sinister when I say "selecting"; I'm just curious as to when it happens. Eg say the turn is 4 clubs.  The software has selected that card at some point.  But has it arranged all the cards before the hand, and the card in 16th position (assuming a 6 seat table) is the 4 of clubs?  Or is it that, after the betting on the flop is concluded, the software randomly considers the 37 cards which have not yet been dealt, and randomly selects a card at that time, before dealing the 4 of clubs.
    Posted by Padzz77
    Hi Padzz, as i'm awake with stomach cramps I will answer this one. I'm sure tikay won't mind.

The randomness of the deal is all explained  here by Sky Pete in the introduction to Area 51. Basically it is totally random, the deal is pre-determined (all the way to the river) so the turn card is always going to be the turn card, it does not change based on the other cards/action.

Hope this puts your mind at rest.