You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ask Tikay?

Comments

• edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay?:
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : For you, him, or both of you?
    Posted by Tikay10
    IDONK definitely wants to play next Tuesday (10th April) and I'm still trying to chase down Poker_Fail about when he wants to play. So if you could put IDONK in for next weeks Thews @ Ten and I'll get back to you as soon as I know more about Poker_Fail
  • edited April 2012
    for me tikay poker _ fail said hes away for few weeks 
  • edited April 2012
    Hi Tikay.

Ty for the advice the other day and i agree with both you and diaboot that james was a very good guest and very good at getting his point across.

Just to let you know that i have now discovered mini view and have been playing 6-7 tables today with relative ease although i have dropped down to 10p/20p and 15p/30p tables until i get used to it altogether as sitting v the likes of scotty and tommyd etc etc didnt seem a very good idea while trying to get used to multitabling at the same time :)

I am in general though a very fast learner and expect to be on those tables again within a week or 2 although i dont expect to be as successful as those 2 for a long time to come.

Spent alot of my time today making notes and watching some of the good players in action and even entered the main event until 1 major mistake by me led to my exit but its all a learning process and hopefully i wont be making the same mistake again :)

I remember some time ago the channel used to televise a tournament every week called the TSP classic or something like that and i was looking through the lobby but couldnt see it and was wondering does it still run ?

Btw i didnt get back to you when you asked why i had named myself ARAZI but James got the answer mostly right that i had a bet on it when it won the breeders cup juvenile of 1991 but that wasnt the full reason and if you watch the race itself on youtube you will prob realise that the other part of the reason it stuck in my mind for so long was the absolutely astounding way that it won the race, in 25 years of betting on horses i have never and prob will never see a horse beat a field of grade 1 opposition in the way ARAZI did then.

Anyways thanks again for the advice and i will no doubt be asking you for some more in future :)

Daz.

• edited April 2012
    ASK TIKAY

How on earth do you keep up with this thread?
  • edited April 2012
    Hi Tikay. I had a problem yesterday with getting kicked from a Sat. I then called 'Customer Services' and they told me that it was a problem with my PC. I had told them it was a 503 error and after asking their manager they still said it was my PC. I then popped a thread on the forum and immediately got a number of players saying they had also experienced problems of lag or being kicked. This was all experienced at between 13:05 and 13:40. I then called back to 'Customer Services' and asked to speak to the manager who had given the advice to the member of staff that I had dealt with earlier. I got through to him and he told me that if there had been a problem they would know as the Call Centre would have been flooded with calls so therefore I was wrong. He then said that I had complained too many times and if I wasn't happy with the service why didn't I go elsewhere? He then said that I was a nuisance and he would consider cancelling my account as customers like me aren't needed. I found this to be very rude and I asked him for the Head Office address to write in my complaint. He then laughed at me before giving me the address. I know that the so called 'Customer Services' is not the same as Sky Poker and they are a third party so I am not blaming Sky in any way, but, you do choose your third party and I thought Sky would like to know how these people are treating customers. I have messaged Sky_Poker on the forum and am awaiting a response. I am annoyed and disappointed with my treatment and will refrain from playing on the site until I feel this problem has been taken seriously and dealt with. I am so gutted as I was due to play in the Super Roller with a buy-in from my mom as an Easter present. I hope this message is taken as its meant. I am only alerting you to the problem and do not expect you to sort it, I just thought you would like to know. Best wishes. Shaun the Villa fan in Bham.
  • edited April 2012
    Hi tikay sorry to bother again I know your a busy man it`s just a quick question reagarding the league stars freeroll I never played a lot last month but I finished in the top 350 so does that mean I should qualify for the freeroll because i`m not on the list of qualifiers and won`t let me reg in the lobby if you can back to me when you can thanks.

Liamboi11
  • edited April 2012
    Hi tikay sorry to bother again I know your a busy man it`s just a quick question reagarding the league stars freeroll I never played a lot last month but I finished in the top 350 so does that mean I should qualify for the freeroll because i`m not on the list of qualifiers and won`t let me reg in the lobby if you can back to me when you can thanks. Liamboi11
    Posted by liamboi11
    Hi Liam

If you feel that you should have qualified for the LSF then you need to contact customer care, their details are at the bottom of the page.

Steve

• edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Hi Liam If you feel that you should have qualified for the LSF then you need to contact customer care, their details are at the bottom of the page. Steve
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    thanks for help steve contacted them they said I should be on the list but will pass it on to the poker team and they will email me to asap to confirm its sorted
  • edited April 2012
    Hi Tikay,

I have been following the debate with regard to Ch 865 on the forum.
    Within your & in my opinion (for what its worth) excellent explanation on the situation, you mentioned the subject of "Iffy aliases". I also noticed on a programme recently that you declined to say someone's name as you felt it was a bit "Iffy".

This got me thinking about mine, "Woggie" is a nickname i have had for the past 37 years, and more people probably know me as Woggie rather than Mike ( or in the case of my mother Michael). I appreciate that this to certain people may be taken as being a bit Iffy.

If the opportunity to be mentioned on Ch 865 arose for whatever reason, I would hate that it couldnt be mentioned as it was regarded to be a bit "Iffy".

Which brings me to the point of my "Ask Tikay"

1) Is there any way we can check if our alias would be considered as iffy.
                                               2) If our Alias is considered to be unsuitable for mention on 865 is there any way of changing an existing Alias.

Many thanks

Mike ( Woggie8688 )

• edited April 2012
    Hi Tikay,

Do you play on any of the cash tables?, never see you on.
  • edited April 2012
    How on earth are you meant to qualify for any main event, let alone the super roller when you get out setted on 3 all ins in less than 10 minutes?
    Absolutley ridiculous!!
    By far the best player in the satellite, proved by leading it from the start, then getting these joke flops!
    For a £24 buy in semi, it's pathetic.
    I would no doubt of cashed in the roller tomorrow, but it seems as if sky just want to accumalate as many £24's as they can!
  • edited April 2012
    How on earth are you meant to qualify for any main event, let alone the super roller when you get out setted on 3 all ins in less than 10 minutes? Absolutley ridiculous!! By far the best player in the satellite, proved by leading it from the start, then getting these joke flops! For a £24 buy in semi, it's pathetic. I would no doubt of cashed in the roller tomorrow, but it seems as if sky just want to accumalate as many £24's as they can!
    Posted by Goosen
    Leading at the begining is no proof of being the best player in the sat, and as for "no doubt" cashing in the Roller tomorrow, well the players in the Main Event are much better than those in the sat so nothing is guaranteed. Sky don't take "as many £24's" as they can as the £22 goes for a seat and Sky take £2 for hosting the tourney. I was leading tonights Main from the start and went out in 92. I used to moan but now I'm starting to understand that variance is a wicked mistress and I am trying to take my beats a little better. If £24 is annoying you so much then you might not be bankrolled for those sats. Try the smaller feeders for £5.30 and if you are the best player in the sat then you should crush the smaller feeder sats and will get in even cheaper. Hope you run well in future matey and hope to see you running well in a Main event soon. Best wishes. Shaun the Villa fan in bham
  • edited April 2012
    How on earth are you meant to qualify for any main event, let alone the super roller when you get out setted on 3 all ins in less than 10 minutes? Absolutley ridiculous!! By far the best player in the satellite, proved by leading it from the start, then getting these joke flops! For a £24 buy in semi, it's pathetic. I would no doubt of cashed in the roller tomorrow, but it seems as if sky just want to accumalate as many £24's as they can!
    Posted by Goosen
    Evening Goosen,

I love your logic that Sky determines who qualifies for the roller, by ensuring that you personally get "out setted 3 times" whatever that means. 

The fact that leading the satellite for so long clearly shows that you were "by far the best player in the satellite"... I mean, it was all skill that you were leading, nothing to do with the cards you were dealt i'm sure.

Anyway, good luck in the roller tomorrow, i am sure a player of your ability has already amassed a suitable bankroll to be able to buy direct. I also like your confidence that you would have "no doubt" cashed in the roller. I am sure that not even the best "big name" players on this site would be  confident of cashing every single time. They also need to allow for being "out setted" innit.

Finally, Sky do not accumulate the £24's. They take £2 for the rake, the other £22 goes to the prize pool for the roller. Anyway, i hope that your £2 went to a good cause- like a holiday for tikay.

All the best

Hoggers
  • edited April 2012
    I think you should check sharkscope, which shows that i'm in more profit than you both off miniscule games. So yeah the direct buy in isn't a problem you fool!
    And if you fancy it, then i'm happy to play you heads up at any blind rate.

Not sure you know what your talking about 'HOGGERS'
  • edited April 2012
    I think you should check sharkscope, which shows that i'm in more profit than you both off miniscule games. So yeah the direct buy in isn't a problem you fool! And if you fancy it, then i'm happy to play you heads up at any blind rate. Not sure you know what your talking about 'HOGGERS'
    Posted by Goosen
    Nice 1 Goosen, you can't say fairer than that!

Over to you then 'HOGGERS' .....

Put up or shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited April 2012
    I think you should check sharkscope, which shows that i'm in more profit than you both off miniscule games. So yeah the direct buy in isn't a problem you fool! And if you fancy it, then i'm happy to play you heads up at any blind rate. Not sure you know what your talking about 'HOGGERS'
    Posted by Goosen

Love the ego massaging going on here, one bink in a mtt doesnt make a summer or something like that. 

• edited April 2012
    Posted by Goosen
    Some very interesting logic there, Goosen.

The best Tourney player in the world - Ivey, Helllmuth, or whoever, does not win more than around 1 in 100 Tourneys they enter (assuming reasonable field size), and they "cash" in around 20 to 25% LIFETIME if they run around expectation.

I have no doubt whatsoever that you were the best player by far, (if you wish), but tournaments, in singularity, are almost never won by the best player. MTT's are not like that, & never have been. That's why we play them.

Sky Poker have no interest whatsoever in who wins any Satellite or MTT. They charge a fee ("reg fee") in return for providing a product, once people pay in ("buy the product"), Sky Poker do not have any financial interest in who wins. If its a 1 in 5, one in 5 get a seat, etc. In Tourneys & Satellites, Sky Poker make no more, no less, than the sum total of reg fees.       

• edited April 2012
    1.I think you should check sharkscope, which shows that i'm in more profit than you both off miniscule games. So yeah the direct buy in isn't a problem you fool! 2. And if you fancy it, then i'm happy to play you heads up at any blind rate. Not sure you know what your talking about 'HOGGERS'
    Posted by Goosen
    Please dont call me a fool.

"hoggers" is my nickname, in the same way yours could be "loosy goosy" or summit.

In response to your points,

1. I have checked sharkscope. My ROI is 17% better than yours at scheduled Mtts, (yours is actually in negative figures) Also my profit is about 25% more than yours at scheduled mtts, so i am wondering if you checked the right sharkscope/person ? shauns Roi, is better than mine fwiw.
    ROI is a much better indication of overall poker ability than short-term profit imo. You had a very nice big mtt win tho which is good!

2. No, i do not fancy playing HU4rollz lol. It's not my style. But, I would be more than happy to play a series of fun sit and goes against you hu for say £1.05 each, but that is not to see who has the bigger male appendage, its just for the lolz

Anyway, i hope you will play the roller later and i wish you luck.
  • edited April 2012
    I'll admit, my Sharkscope is awful. I'm on a £2,000 downswing, but, I have a lame excuse. I have been heavily drugged up for ages due to a bad illness so my play has been eratic. I am glad to hear your Sharkscope is looking good and I really hope you do well in whatever Tourney you play. I meant no offence with my post, I was just trying to help you with your thought process. I used to be like that and have learnt in the last year that it doesn't help your long term mindset. I am only just starting to put this new mindset into practice and am feeling much better about my game already. Best wishes. Shaun the Villa fan in Bham

p.s I'll play you in some fun S'n'G's Hoggers. Definitely not to see who has the bigger male appendage but just to have a bit of fun. I'm always online day and night due to being an insomniac so add me on Facebook and message me when you want a game. My name is Shaun Stait. If there are more than 1 (which I doubt) I'm the one with a shaved head and my tongue out.lol.
  • edited April 2012
     Morning Tikay, I hav'nt been around much lately, my life is clashing with the salmon season. I heard you've been getting a lot of stick from nutters of late, and so I just thought I would let you know that this Nutter thinks you are doing a fantastic job putting up with us lot.

And if any of you lot think I am just crawling, just say so, and I'll bite ya flopwit heads off!!!

Tikay has done more for sky poker than anybody has ever done for any poker site on the planet!
  • edited April 2012
    Here's a question, did I make a mess of this hand, or was it Tikay's fault?

03543785 (06:52 09/04/2012)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    HITMAN40 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £3.86
    irishspar1 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £9.28
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A

ashers Fold        
    BAITRUNNER Raise   £0.20 £0.26 £2.43
    oynutter Call   £0.20 £0.46 £5.61
    nickomahon Fold        
    bigbub1905 Call   £0.20 £0.66 £3.93
    isisjoe18 Fold        
    HITMAN40 Fold        
    irishspar1 Call   £0.16 £0.82 £9.12
    Flop

• J
    • K

irishspar1 Check        
    BAITRUNNER Bet   £0.41 £1.23 £2.02
    oynutter Call   £0.41 £1.64 £5.20
    bigbub1905 Call   £0.41 £2.05 £3.52
    irishspar1 Fold        
    Turn

BAITRUNNER Bet   £0.04 £2.09 £1.98
    oynutter Raise   £0.40 £2.49 £4.80
    bigbub1905 Call   £0.40 £2.89 £3.12
    BAITRUNNER All-in   £1.98 £4.87 £0.00
    oynutter Call   £1.62 £6.49 £3.18
    bigbub1905 All-in   £3.12 £9.61 £0.00
    oynutter Call   £1.50 £11.11 £1.68
    BAITRUNNER Show
    • Q
    • Q

oynutter Show
    • Q
    • A

bigbub1905 Show
    • K

River

bigbub1905 Win Flush to the King £10.27   £10.27
  • edited April 2012
    Hi Tikay,

IDONKCALLU has just messaged me on facebook about the Thews @ Ten tomorrow. I believe he posted on here asking to be put in it for tomorrow (after being runner up in the HU comp) but he isn't in the lobby yet.

Could you stick him in for tomorrow please.

Thanks

Paul
  • edited April 2012
    Hi Tikay, IDONKCALLU has just messaged me on facebook about the Thews @ Ten tomorrow. I believe he posted on here asking to be put in it for tomorrow (after being runner up in the HU comp) but he isn't in the lobby yet. Could you stick him in for tomorrow please. Thanks Paul
    Posted by Lambert180
    Can I suggest that if his name isn't in the lobby by lunchtime tomorrow he gives customer care a call, just incase tikay is out of the office for a day or two.

Steve
  • edited April 2012
    Hi Tikay, IDONKCALLU has just messaged me on facebook about the Thews @ Ten tomorrow. I believe he posted on here asking to be put in it for tomorrow (after being runner up in the HU comp) but he isn't in the lobby yet. Could you stick him in for tomorrow please. Thanks Paul
    Posted by Lambe
    rt180
    Hi Paul.

This was my error, I misread "IDONKCALLU"'s thread where he said he was leaving Sky Poker & not playing here again, so I crossed it off my "to-do" list.

The thread is here....

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat:57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum:df77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion:4c3455af-64ce-4775-8f9f-8bd5183e0265&plckCurrentPage=1

I have, this morning, organised his Free Entry into Thews @ Ten tonight.

As he is leaving Sky Poker for pastures new, we wish him the vbol tonight, & in the future.
  • edited April 2012
     Morning Tikay, I hav'nt been around much lately, my life is clashing with the salmon season. I heard you've been getting a lot of stick from nutters of late, and so I just thought I would let you know that this Nutter thinks you are doing a fantastic job putting up with us lot.  And if any of you lot think I am just crawling, just say so, and I'll bite ya flopwit heads off!!!  Tikay has done more for sky poker than anybody has ever done for any poker site on the planet!
    Posted by oynutter
    Lol, you nutter, I love it when you blow smoke in the orifice direction.

I never knew you were a salmon fisherman? Tell us more - where, biggest fish caught, da de da.

Also, now I have, momentarily I'm sure, your attention, how is your health now? Amazing to think how badly you were, what, about a year ago?

Your recovery has been a wonderful story, & we are all thrilled to bits for you.

Life's good, innit?

PS - wanna play "Thews @ Ten" tonight? Reply by midday today, 1pm at a push, & you will play as our guest. No real reason, other than your story is an inspiration to everyone, you caught me in a particularly good mood today, & I'm a biig softie. ;) 
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Hi Paul. This was my error, I misread "IDONKCALLU"'s thread where he said he was leaving Sky Poker & not playing here again, so I crossed it off my "to-do" list. The thread is here.... https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3a4c3455af-64ce-4775-8f9f-8bd5183e0265&plckCurrentPage=1 I have, this morning, organised his Free Entry into Thews @ Ten tonight. As he is leaving Sky Poker for pastures new, we wish him the vbol tonight, & in the future.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Lol don't worry Tikay, we get a thread like this from him every few weeks. He'll be back before he's even gone ;)

I did want to ask you though, seen as your knowledge of live poker events and roads is so good. Do you know what the parking situation is like at Les Croupiers in Cardiff?
  • edited April 2012

Hi Lambert,

The Car park at Les Croupiers Cardiff is the best - by a long way - of ANY Live Poker venue in the UK.

Effectively, it shares the Car Park of Cardiff City Football Stadium.

Not sure if you can se from this small photo, but the Stadium can be seen, centre, & Les Croupiers is in that row of buildings at the top of the picture. Note all the Car Park space, which is 100% free, too. You actually park smack outside Les Croupiers. How good is that?

• edited April 2012
    Thanks Tikay.

That was very informative and a nice relief to know it's good such good parking.

Dya happen to know if Orford is coming? I know he said he wanted to but wasn't sure about availability. Would be nice to see him there (and you obviously)
  • edited April 2012
    thanks tikay for the registration :)