You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ask Tikay?

Comments

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay?:
    playing pairs  just played a frre roll  my last hand was kk floped a king got called all  in   runner runner  lost to a straight thats poker and out      my last hands were kk    jj    jk   33  jk   33   ajd    ajd   33  33 is this a record for being dealt a pair         HAVE ased BRUCY if this is fair    but all he said was nothing for a pair  not in this game    had a set in survival final  sat next to GREG HOG   HE CALLED I WENT OUT  SHOULD I BE PLAYING THEM A BIT SLOWER AS  AS GETTING CALLED ALOT WHEN I GO ALL IN  DOES IT LOOK AS THOUGH IM TRYING TO STEAL 
    Posted by innit
    WHEN I GO ALLIN IVE HIT THE SET I DO LOOK FOR FLUSHES 
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : WHEN I GO ALLIN IVE HIT THE SET I DO LOOK FOR FLUSHES 
    Posted by innit
    You're question is massively broad, there is no 'one fits all' answer to your question.

Sometimes you will shove with pairs and it's the right decision for your opponent to call and you lose and it's just unlucky.

Sometimes you'll shove pairs and someone makes a terrible call and still wins, and that's also unlucky but at least you can have some comfort that you want bad calls like this.

But it's all down to what type of game you're playing, what the stack sizes are like, how aggressive/tight your opponents are, how aggressive/tight your opponents think you are.

Remember, the definition of a bad beat, is getting it in ahead and getting unlucky, if you keep getting it in ahead, you can't go far wrong. And remember, the better you are, the more bad beats you will get, because you'll be getting it in ahead more often. Bad players don't take as many bad beats because when you get it in behind, you only have yourself to blame for losing.
  • edited June 2012
    How do you deal with people who are clearly working together and passing chips to each other?

It happens quite often in the Double Your Money Sit And Go Games.
  • edited June 2012
    How do you deal with people who are clearly working together and passing chips to each other? It happens quite often in the Double Your Money Sit And Go Games.
    Posted by liverscum
    the answer to that one is to report any concerns you have to Customer Care, there details can be found at the bottom of the page under Contact Us, give them as many details as possible, eg: tourny ID date, time that sort of thing.
    hope this helps

• edited June 2012
    hello mr tikay im sure you have been asked this lots so sorry to ask again but when can we expect auto top up there seem to be so many other good things happening at sky and it just makes me wonder if auto top up is a difficult thing to implement? 
  • edited June 2012
    hello mr tikay im sure you have been asked this lots so sorry to ask again but when can we expect auto top up there seem to be so many other good things happening at sky and it just makes me wonder if auto top up is a difficult thing to implement? 
    Posted by Russ76
    Hi Mr Russ.

Yes, the short answer is that it is on the list, & it IS quite difficult to implement.

The slightly longer, but better answer, is that we ALL want EVERYTHING - that's the Clients, and the Business, as soon as possible.

As I Posted a while back, a completely new Site is being built - completely new, from the ground up, & whilst it will have to keep updating, changing, & evolving, it will pretty much be what we all - or most of us (can't ever please everyone!) wants. 

So right now - NOW now - there is a balancing act between allocating resource towards improving the EXISTING site, & progressing the design & construction of the new site as quickly & efficiently as possible. 

Hopefully, loyal Clients like you will understand that growing together is quite something, & be understanding if some of the bells & whistles we would wish are not available as soon as we would like.

Through all this, year on year, the traffic continues to grow, & that business needs managing, too.

Balancing all these things is enormously challenging, & if I may say so, tremendous fun, all the more so because we think that most of you are sharing it with us.

Onwards & upwards together, hopefully.

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : You're question is massively broad, there is no 'one fits all' answer to your question. Sometimes you will shove with pairs and it's the right decision for your opponent to call and you lose and it's just unlucky. Sometimes you'll shove pairs and someone makes a terrible call and still wins, and that's also unlucky but at least you can have some comfort that you want bad calls like this. But it's all down to what type of game you're playing, what the stack sizes are like, how aggressive/tight your opponents are, how aggressive/tight your opponents think you are. Remember, the definition of a bad beat, is getting it in ahead and getting unlucky, if you keep getting it in ahead, you can't go far wrong. And remember, the better you are, the more bad beats you will get, because you'll be getting it in ahead more often. Bad players don't take as many bad beats because when you get it in behind, you only have yourself to blame for losing.
    Posted by Lambert180
    IM  SHOVING WHEN HITTING MY SET NOT THE PAIR UNLESS KK OR AA 
  • edited June 2012
    Hi, Tikay you said on the show last night (thurs 7th) that deep plo tables with a min buy in were easily implemented now. I tend to play any of the plo games running and would have said there is a sufficient desire for them, so could they be put in place soon or would there need to be some sort poll or would sky be able to just put them in the lobby now?! :>

thanks
  • edited June 2012
    Hi Tikay,

I've just answered in a thread about hobbies away from poker. one of mine is golf at a ryder Cup(twice) course, Southport and Ainsdale GC (by Birkdale GC) not too far from Blackpool. As you like the game and would promise not to wear a hoodie, i've offered up rounds to people who may be coming up to Blackpool on the friday before the SPT. Would you be interested in being a guest? Just thought i'd ask...

By the way Bignoise(the chap who wrote that thread about his son) has joined us in the Hitsquad. We'll take good care of him....

OMG, i've just realised, you're in vegas around then, i think. Well the offer stands if you can make it sometime you're in the areaBring a friend along and a hcp certificate. Best wishes and don't forget to see The Rat Pack Show in Vegas....it's brilliant...
  • edited June 2012
    Did you hear the recent news story about the kid who ran up debts of a few thousand pounds on his dads credit card playing online poker?

I was just curious how a site would deal with this?

Would they have to pay back the money as the child (think he was about 12) is not of legal age to be gambling in the first place and if so wouldn,t this open the doors to fraudelent claims as if a parent has  a gambling problem and loses a lot of money on any gambling site - they could just say it was their child using there details

Ps - Can you imagine if he,d binked a big tournament ? - He wouldn,t be able to get the money anyway as it would go back to his dads card

MP
  • edited June 2012
    not played 4 weeks p off but played 2 nite beat on river every hand having had best hand site corrupt ustudy shows new players sorted say s everything by wont be bak site a joke poker siteson newsnow wont be long before all shutdown start wif sky
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Hi Mr Russ. Yes, the short answer is that it is on the list, & it IS quite difficult to implement. The slightly longer, but better answer, is that we ALL want EVERYTHING - that's the Clients, and the Business, as soon as possible.   As I Posted a while back, a completely new Site is being built - completely new, from the ground up, & whilst it will have to keep updating, changing, & evolving, it will pretty much be what we all - or most of us (can't ever please everyone!) wants.  So right now - NOW now - there is a balancing act between allocating resource towards improving the EXISTING site, & progressing the design & construction of the new site as quickly & efficiently as possible.    Hopefully, loyal Clients like you will understand that growing together is quite something, & be understanding if some of the bells & whistles we would wish are not available as soon as we would like. Through all this, year on year, the traffic continues to grow, & that business needs managing, too. Balancing all these things is enormously challenging, & if I may say so, tremendous fun, all the more so because we think that most of you are sharing it with us. Onwards & upwards together, hopefully.       
    Posted by Tikay10
    thanks for reply very mush appreciated
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Hi Mr Russ. Yes, the short answer is that it is on the list, & it IS quite difficult to implement. The slightly longer, but better answer, is that we ALL want EVERYTHING - that's the Clients, and the Business, as soon as possible.   As I Posted a while back, a completely new Site is being built - completely new, from the ground up, & whilst it will have to keep updating, changing, & evolving, it will pretty much be what we all - or most of us (can't ever please everyone!) wants.  So right now - NOW now - there is a balancing act between allocating resource towards improving the EXISTING site, & progressing the design & construction of the new site as quickly & efficiently as possible.    Hopefully, loyal Clients like you will understand that growing together is quite something, & be understanding if some of the bells & whistles we would wish are not available as soon as we would like. Through all this, year on year, the traffic continues to grow, & that business needs managing, too. Balancing all these things is enormously challenging, & if I may say so, tremendous fun, all the more so because we think that most of you are sharing it with us. Onwards & upwards together, hopefully.       
    Posted by Tikay10

I wonder if the above is a tacit admission of the issues the site is suffering from at the moment - please see thread in General Poker Chat titled "disconnections" where many customers are posting regarding technical issues at the moment.
    I have had to reluctantly move my funds on to another site as I am finding Sky software unreliable at the moment.
    I really hope I will be able to return when the new client is delivered. This site has a lot going for it, not least a great ambassador in your good self.

• edited June 2012
    How do you deal with people who are clearly working together and passing chips to each other? It happens quite often in the Double Your Money Sit And Go Games.
    Posted by liverscum
    Please report them to sky customer service. Send email.(very easy). They will keep an eye on them and take the appropriate action. We don't want them playing with any of us so you'll be doing us all a favour....cheers
    You will need no of game or hand id, time it happened and some overview of your own. The hand history will provide this in your sky set-up...
  • edited June 2012
    Hi Tikay,

So sorry about the length of the 'BUBBLE FACTOR' email to the show. I wanted you to have as much info as needed. I know you said you'd answer it but put it on the back burner and prepare for vegas. I'll understand. It was rather theoretical anyway and was just amusing my mathematical background.
    GL in Vegas. Knock 'em dead!!
  • edited June 2012
    Hi, im really confused about why sky poker wants my passport number, thats a bit scary giving that out and all my bank details!! is this correct or am i being scammed? 
  • edited June 2012
    Hi, im really confused about why sky poker wants my passport number, thats a bit scary giving that out and all my bank details!! is this correct or am i being scammed? 
    Posted by TRAYCAM
    Good morning Sir.

No, you are not being "scammed" at all!

I would imagine they request passport details for proof of age or somesuch.

We get a lot of people attempting to multi-account, too, so the business need to obtain as much info as needed to combat such things.  

You may be assured that ALL information held is held securely, Sky Poker take the requirements of the Data Protection Act VERY seriously indeed, & we all have to attend courses on the subject frequently. In short, info obtained may ONLY be used for the desired purpose.

I would of thought that such information would be requested by almost any (reputable) Online gaming Site, to be honest.  
  • edited June 2012
    Thx for sorting my SPT ticket - Shoule be gr8 weekend especially with the England match now as well.
    Enjoy Vegas

Cheers

Paul
  • edited June 2012
    Hello Tikay,

I can see your a busy man :)
    I was told by a fellow forum user to try and ask if you could help spread the word, about a skydive im going to be doing on august 18th.
    Its for cancer research uk, and is close to me, as my family has been affected by what their working so hard to beat!
    Id really appreciatate any help, i'd like to raise as much as possible for this vital charity!
    Heres a link to my post in the shed on these forums,

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3a5be55893-5627-4ab5-94d3-650c84300e2cDiscussion%3a63403c4b-7d42-44a1-8873-96bd9b8d6952

sorry for the size of it!!

All the details are there, and also links to my just giving pages

Thanks

Gary Ames
  • edited June 2012
    Thx for sorting my SPT ticket - Shoule be gr8 weekend especially with the England match now as well. Enjoy Vegas Cheers Paul
    Posted by MP33
    It was a great weekend You,d have loved it. As for the poker a tale of 2 halfs - Day 1 great - 6th in chips -32 - left - playing well 4 bounties - Day 2 - Car crash - Didn,t want to just fold for the cash but when you,ve got more chips on the table than than the 2 others put togethor with Coxlylobo on the button when your on the blind , Thewy to the left and barbie 59 chip leader next to you amongst others you can run into some difficulies which i did and before i knew it had a rush of blood to the head and shoved with   K3 with 80k after a SB  min raise( A 7)  
    It was a mistake but learnt a lot as always at these SPT,s and had 15 % of barbie who did well to come 6th which was  £370  but most of all a good time and manged a cpl of pots of Thewy who is just a top player 

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : It was a great weekend You,d have loved it. As for the poker a tale of 2 halfs - Day 1 great - 6th in chips -32 - left - playing well 4 bounties - Day 2 - Car crash - Didn,t want to just fold for the cash but when you,ve got more chips on the table than than the 2 others put togethor with Coxlylobo on the button when your on the blind , Thewy to the left and barbie 59 chip leader next to you amongst others you can run into some difficulies which i did and before i knew it had a rush of blood to the head and shoved with   K3 with 80k after a SB  min raise( A 7)   It was a mistake but learnt a lot as always at these SPT,s and had 15 % of barbie who did well to come 6th which was  £370  but most of all a good time and manged a cpl of pots of Thewy who is just a top player   
    Posted by MP33
    Where did you finish Paul? Either way it was a decent result to get as far as you did, cos I know you were still in when I went out in 26th.

Yeah that was a really hard table, all the big stacks on 1 table, and Thewy, Coxy, CTBN and Barbie59 all on the one table.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Where did you finish Paul? Either way it was a decent result to get as far as you did, cos I know you were still in when I went out in 26th. Yeah that was a really hard table, all the big stacks on 1 table, and Thewy, Coxy, CTBN and Barbie59 all on the one table.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Finsihed in 20th mate _ was just carddead on Sunday and no aces in 2 days - Should have played a bit tighter especially on that table.

UL on getting so far and no bounties either - Its all a learning experience tho 
  • edited June 2012
    hi tikay hope your enjoying vegas sir

Also do you remember talking to me and a few of my m8`s the day you flew out from london gatwick the guys from scotland you took a pic of us all lol I was the one in the yellow polo shirt.

I just came back on sun night what a time I had out there it was a great experience will defo be going back me and a bunch of the boys went to the rio on our last day and got loads of pics with some very well known pro`s it was awesome.

pro`s that we got pics with were negreanu,seiver,esfandiari,rousso,matusow,luske.boeree,harman,rast,seidel,mizrachi,greenstien they were few others we saw but they looked like they were in a hurry prob multi tabling lol but what a time i had.

but enjoy rest your time there and good luck to the sky players out there

all the best liamboi11.
  • edited June 2012
    ahh forgot got pic with greg mueller aswell really nice guy lol
  • edited June 2012
     SLOW  PLAY  can we tell people  that slow play  does not make any differance to hands play just  played  in 20 pounder   got to the last 7  then one table slow plays   this is not on as 2  of us have to leave at 5 pm as soon as it got to finnal table they all play fast  can we tell everyone it makes no differance to slow play   so dont  play normal i know some take longer than others  dont mind that but to do it on purpose spoils the fun    THANKS  HADF ME MOAN  NOW OFF TO BURGER KING FOR MY 2nd  20 pounder of the day 
  • edited June 2012
    How You feelling????!!!!

Tired, but Euphoric I Hope!!!!

VWP SIR!!

Nice cash Comrade!!
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Please report them to sky customer service. Send email.(very easy). They will keep an eye on them and take the appropriate action. We don't want them playing with any of us so you'll be doing us all a favour....cheers You will need no of game or hand id, time it happened and some overview of your own. The hand history will provide this in your sky set-up...
    Posted by profman15
    HAVE HAD THIS TROUBLE AS WELL BUT AS MOST PEOPLE ON THIS SITE  OR GOOD 
    IN ONE GAME SOMEONE  SAID IN CHAT BOX WHAT WAS GOING ON  DID NOT TAKE LONG  FOR THE OTHER 4 TO GET THEM OUT     AS 4 AGAINST TWO GOOD ODDS 
  • edited June 2012

why when i play on a dble ur money sit and go for 60p and finish in top 3 do i only get 40p return ?

• edited June 2012
    why when i play on a dble ur money sit and go for 60p and finish in top 3 do i only get 40p return ?
    Posted by DFOURJACK
    60p DYM - your money is 50p and 10p is the site's (rake). Top 3 awarded double 'your' money which is £1.00 / 40p profit.

• edited July 2012
    Who broke blonde ?