You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ask Tikay?

Comments

• edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay?:
    Who broke blonde ?
    Posted by mondonewc
    Lol. Nothing better to do Raymondo
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Lol. Nothing better to do Raymondo
    Posted by Toby_Jake
    Getting withdrawal symptons.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Getting withdrawal symptons.
    Posted by mondonewc
    Yeah,me too.   :(
  • edited July 2012

Shush, you'll get me in troble!

They got DDOS'd, should be back by the time you wake up in the morning.

Go read my latest blog instead, you know you want to. ;)

http://bit.ly/OYanjY
  • edited July 2012
    Hi Tikay,
    Hope you are enjoying yourself!
    A bit of advice please, you always say when you bet ,raise,do not call.
    I am playing a lot of DYMS recently, and they all seem to limp in< some words of wisdom please!
  • edited July 2012
    Maybe some donk help from me Wynne!

What level as a matter of interest?

Whatever, if they are limping DYM Poor for them, great for you!!

1, You can afford to stay well out of trouble early stages, so no risks, remember obviously only top 3 required, so no need to go mad!!
    If they are limping in Fine, stay out of way, lets them hurt each other, which limping will do!!

2, Conversley with Real Premium hands you can play hard, early and get at least the blinds & any limps, without any risk!!

3, Real Strategy starts as game progresses, defo keep eye on Chipsatcks, VERY Important!! Sort out who you want to avoid, and who may be pushing/raising lite if under pressure!! Use your position well, & watch how others use it!!

4. As Blinds increase, pressure builds, USE POSITION WELL, use timer to put oppo under pressure, ie play fast to avoid a blind increase on you, & slow to put a short stack under pressure

5, The Bubble will be great fun!! Usually against tite DYM players this can get to ALL In or fold pretty much!!
    Much sure you call the shorties if pots odds dictate, but try let others knock each other out!!

SO DONT LIMP!! If Others do, Hammertime, just be careful of a Limped AA, KK of the Cunning, tho most DYM regs wont do this I feel!! unless they tyring to draw a push!!

Ok Tikay Wynne & anyone else, Critique please!!

I want some advise, as Sky have just asked me to play in a televised DYM torney to be screened later against some pros & top players, So if all what i've said is Boll ox, I WANT TO KNOW NOW!! lol
  • edited July 2012
    U NEVER GET EMBARRASSED SITE UNREAL JOKERS
    AD BEAT AFTER BAD BEAT WISH I WAS A NEW PLAYER OR CHANCER SORTED ON SKY
  • edited July 2012
    Welcome back to England Tikay. Don't worry you've only missed weeks and weeks of rain... I think Summer has finished now before it's even started.

Congrats again on your impressive cash in the PLO8 game.
  • edited July 2012

Morning all.

I've been awol from this thread for a month, but I'll try & catch up on any questions & comments which were not time-precious as soon as I can.
  • edited July 2012
    Well done Tikay!
  • edited July 2012

Hi Tikay

Welcome back from Vegas.  I'm sure you enjoyed railing the main event, as well as your own very deep run earlier in the series.

There's one aspect of WSOP that I'd like to see on Sky Poker if poss.

From what I've read and seen, when someone is all in and at risk, with cards to come, the WSOP organisers slow things down.  They give the reporters and the TV crews the chance to gather round.  They announce the cards to the spectators.  And (on the final table at least) the dealer is told went to dish out the remaining cards by an official.  

Would Sky Poker conside dragging out the all-in hands a bit, to add to the drama.  EG Deal Flop, wait 6 seconds, Deal Turn, weight 8 seconds, Deal River?

In fact, personally, I'd be happier with even longer timescales - long enough for people to discuss in chat box even.

• edited July 2012
    Lol Padzz77 there are already enough conspiracy theorist who reckon any delay between cards being dealt is because Sky are searching the deck to find cards to beat them without adding to the time.
  • edited July 2012
    would it be possible to start a game new game on skybet all-in or fold say you stake five pounds and 4 rebuys in this game
  • edited July 2012
    Hello Tikay. I was recently given a training excercise to practice reading hands. The excercise was to use a deck of cards and place 3 down. then figure out the best possible hand for the board. then put the turn card down and do the same, and then the same for the river. then after figuring out the best hand for the flop, turn and river, then decide wether you think you have the best hand or not after judging how your opponent has played the hand.
    Hope this made sence lol.

Is this the best drill to be using?

Many Thanx Stuart Cox. Aka MrCoxy
  • edited July 2012
    Mr. Kendall, good morning.

I'm afraid I missed the live show last night, though I'm watching it at this moment on Sky+. It's good to see you back again. It's a shame I missed the show as there were a couple of hands that I would have liked to get your opinion on. Another time perhaps...

I was wondering if you'd like to elaborate on your thoughts on whether the two ladies making the WSOP final table would have been a big boost to the female player numbers. I must admit that I remain unconvinced about whether this would have received much coverage in the mainstream media, particularly on this side of the Atlantic. If they had been British women I have no doubt that they would have been on BBC breakfast or on page five of the tabloids but my feeling is that it would have been no more than a passing interest one morning... unless of course one of them also won it in October.

As it is, with the two women being French and Norwegian I believe, I just don't think it would have received any significant mainstream attention here. Even if it had gained attention in the United States, with no online poker would it really have made much difference? It seems to me that people are viewing things through the lens of their own passion for poker and failing to see that it remains quite a niche interest... Though maybe I'm being a tad naive or perhaps overly cynical.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.
  • edited July 2012
    Hi Tikay

Welcome HOME fella!!!

Congrats on your vegas success and coming back alive. You did look tired on tv last night but soldiered through manfully.

May i say that the 'only showing one hand out of six' was a fantastic success, IMO. The idea of the shows is to draw people in to the game. By doing it this way the viewer became a participant and we saw a lot more in depth thinking. As long as no one sees the hands before then this will improve my poker approach enormously.

You could have a prog with hands from one particular table position eg big blind etc. Its by far the best way to learn and will reinforce the process as we'll be sat at home thinking "now what hands does that bet suggest he has?", "what hands can i discount?" etc. It will be great with guests as we'll see their thinking process but it essential that no one sees the hands prior to the shows.

One question please Tikay. why has the league been finished? It helps players to compare with others and see if they are progressing as well asknowing if you are playing a reg or someone not so experienced. Please bring it back as i feel that player appreciate seeing where they stand in a community.
  • edited July 2012
    as norm sky joker sky is shi t e beat full house and 2 10 10  5 5 sky is sh i te under investigastion corrupt
    so corrupt

• edited July 2012
    lol lol hand after hand bad beat sky is a joke should be closed down hands i have bean beat on all nite again site a joke tell u same every week site corrupt play u heads up tiga corrupt see bad beats on tv but this unreal wish i could be new player all the time sorted  says everything drag u in thats why site under investigation starting poll close sky down on face book same as bankers w a n k ers wa nker s line ur pockets u no better nither tiga
  • edited July 2012
    great great nite again site is a joke no u will say bad player just played in tourney hole cards a 10 player short sacked bets 80 i call chip leader bets 80 flop a 10 6 short stack bets 80 i go all in chipleader calls shortstack shoves all in turn our cards chip leader has j q not suited short stack has nothing puts 4 clubs out of course i have not got one as per chip leader wins shock same every game i played for weeks but i withdrew 50 pound out few weeks ago since deerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr asked chip leader if he was new player and of course yes sky loves a new player
  • edited August 2012
    tikay, i got over 500 points on cash for points last month but have not received the money or entry to freerolls....help!!!!!
  • edited August 2012
    tikay, i got over 500 points on cash for points last month but have not received the money or entry to freerolls....help!!!!!
    Posted by zinobino04
    If you are talking about c4p for July, they don't pay out for 5 working days, which will mean payment won't be made this month until the 7th.
  • edited August 2012
    hi tikay

im wondering if anna decided who won the competition on last nights live show as i keep checking the live thread she said she was going to post it on but theres nothing there and im just wondering if she announced it on the show and ive missed it.

thank you

mel
  • edited August 2012
    hi there tikay. Wondering if there's anymore news on the sky poker app??

• edited August 2012
    Hi Tony,
     longshot........ have messaged sky as our donk-a-fun on sunday has been put up as NLO in lobby, when it should be PLO8 this week, I know its week-end, just seeing if someone can change it!!

.....PS You Invited to play too

hopefully we can alternate it between PLO & PLO8 every sunday!!

GL & TY!!
  • edited August 2012

Hi Tikay, would it be possible for you 2 have a look at the " late reg going to be a permanent fixture on Sky MTTs " thread. You posted on it some time ago & i am still waiting for you 2 get back 2 me with an answer 2 my question. Thank you .
                                                                                          Mick.
  • edited August 2012
    Hi TK,

Just wondered if you could give your thoughts on your personal approach to raising pre flop in a PLO hi only 6 max cash game 100 bb deep ?  

From your comments I read somewhere I wondered if you generally disapprove of inflating the pot before you get to see a flop ?  

Congrats on the WSOP cash btw, enjoyed your Vegas bloggage.

Thanks,
  • edited August 2012
    complete and uter s h i t e  again all nite hands beat on deeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr  sky is corrupt  just bean beat a norm best hand going inbeat sky loves new players asnorm thats wy under investigation sky is sh i te sky is corrupt tiga is a liar

• edited August 2012
    hi tikay
    i would be greatful if you would let me know if you have heard anything about poker in the park this year, i went last year had a great time, learning with paul zimbler, and when i sat down at one of the tournament tables i had sam tricket playing on my table three spaces to my left. i have had a quick look on line but cant find any info. hopefully its not been a casualty of the olympics.