You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ask Tikay?

Comments

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay?:
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Hi padz yous still get poker points every time you buy in to a mtt/stt/cash and you will still get cash from c4p if you earn  500pts or more in a month. To find out more check the promotins page regarding c4p. the points that use to come up after a mtt/stt etc were league points but the league is no longer running and sky are going to replace it with something else but no news yet. hope this helps.
    Posted by liamboi11

Mate, thanks for the reply, but I dont think that's it.

I know that league points are no longer awarded, but I am talking about poker points.  There are now different messages when you are knocked out.  Sometimes it mentions poker points, and sometimes not.

I think it is sthg to do with late reg, but I havent worked out what.

Eg
    it might be that if you enter late, then you dont get the message about points.

or it might be that if the late reg period is still open then you dont get the message about points.

I keep forgetting to keep a proper track of it, so I'm not sure

• edited September 2012

Padzz,

Can I suggest you speak to Customer Care please?

I'll speak to the Office about it today (I forgot to ask them last week, sorry!), but Customer Care is the best route.

• edited September 2012
    First time forum poster so not sure if this is the place to be asking my question but I'll give it a whirl...

Can anyone give me any advice on how to play satellites? I more often than not start strong but the speed of the blind levels and probably playing too tight means I usually end up falling back and missing the cut. Any advice or general tips on how to keep my stack ticking over would be great!
    Thanks guys.
  • edited September 2012
    First time forum poster so not sure if this is the place to be asking my question but I'll give it a whirl... Can anyone give me any advice on how to play satellites? I more often than not start strong but the speed of the blind levels and probably playing too tight means I usually end up falling back and missing the cut. Any advice or general tips on how to keep my stack ticking over would be great! Thanks guys.
    Posted by McToady
    Hi McToady, welcome to the forum and please feel free to introduce yourself in the 'New to the Forum?' thread on here.

I'd say one of the most important things in satellites is knowing which stack sizes to go after. If you're down to say 10BB, doing a steal against people with less than 10BB is risky because they know they're short and might take a gamble knowing they have to at some point. If you do it against a 40-50BB stack, they may be more willing to call. But if you shove into people with 15-20BB, they will be very reluctant to call when they know losing one race will put them in the danger zone.

So you want to be bullying the people who are around the same stack as you or a little bit bigger, because they're the people who will most fear losing against you.

Tight is right in satellites, certainly at the start, in the middle stages you want to open up a bit, try to be stealing and bullying the right people (as above) and then when you're getting really close, you can start assessing whether you have enough to fold to a seat, whether you need to just get another steal or two in to keep you above water etc. Always keep an eye on the stacks of everyone in the lobby.

Hope this helps.
  • edited September 2012
    what time does the side event at DTD start on friday, am i right to assume it will be around 8pm - please let me know so im not late, thanks Tikay
  • edited September 2012
    what time does the side event at DTD start on friday, am i right to assume it will be around 8pm - please let me know so im not late, thanks Tikay
    Posted by Herbie536
    Morning herbie.

Yup, 8pm Friday, & knowing DTD, not a nana-second later - they are incredibly good (by B & M standards) at starting events punctually.

Look forward to seeing you there.
  • edited September 2012
    First time forum poster so not sure if this is the place to be asking my question but I'll give it a whirl... Can anyone give me any advice on how to play satellites? I more often than not start strong but the speed of the blind levels and probably playing too tight means I usually end up falling back and missing the cut. Any advice or general tips on how to keep my stack ticking over would be great! Thanks guys.
    Posted by McToady
    Hi 'MrMc

Welcome friend and hope that this isn't your last pot.......the forum is there for people interested in poker who want to enjoy it too. The poker clinic is a cracking place to put your hands and get a 'variety' of opinions!!!!
    As for sats....i feel tight is right at the start and open up just as a normal T. However, watching stack sizes and positions is crucial in these as it will signal when you need to take action or retreat back into our shell!!
    Try a few QF sats as cheat and will give you chance to experiment a bit.
    There is something euphoric about getting thro' a Sat.....you've now got a free game. i love it!!! All the bst fella...
  • edited September 2012
    Thanks for the advice people, I've just satellited into the D/Stack semi so some of it must have rubbed off!
    Thanks again guys, hopefully make it into the main event tonight then who knows?!
  • edited September 2012
    Hi iikaey whe n i got offered my 2 2,550g freerolls and then thay  chNGED IT TO THE SATURDAY

PLEAESE SORT ME ONUT PLZ LEAKKY BREAKS :p
  • edited September 2012
    Just popped back to give you a little update and say thanks again! Made it into the main event last night and was top 20 at the first break on the main and mini, started getting a little ahead of myself I think! A few stupid decisions later and that weren't quite the case but it was a good experience, so thanks for the advice guys!
  • edited September 2012
    Just popped back to give you a little update and say thanks again! Made it into the main event last night and was top 20 at the first break on the main and mini, started getting a little ahead of myself I think! A few stupid decisions later and that weren't quite the case but it was a good experience, so thanks for the advice guys!
    Posted by McToady
    And I never even moved my lips!

Well done Toady, & thanks to those who help with the replies here.
  • edited September 2012
    sky poker compatible with HEM?
  • edited September 2012
    sky poker compatible with HEM?
    Posted by Kurtx
    No, Sky isn't compatible with any tracking software because all tracking software requires you to download the HHs and put them into the software and you can't download HHs on Sky.
  • edited September 2012
    Hi Tikay, Was wondering if you could have a quick look into this thread for me in Sky_Dave's absence https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3af9065a73-5723-46fa-88d3-515dd3e3c45f See you tomorrow night if you're at DTD on the Friday Thanks Paul
    Posted by Lambert180
    I have replied on thread, & sent an e-Mail to Head Office requesting tis. I have yet to reply to the PM from IDCU.

All being well, his name should appear in the lobby in due course.

I will be offline until mid-afternoon, but if any problems arise with his, I will sort it then.

• edited September 2012
    Thanks for the entry tikay and thanks for paul to post up about my free entry as i didnt know where to go lets hope abit of run good and might cash cheers guys :)
  • edited September 2012
    hi i won the £1200 mini B/H on the 6/09/12 could you tell me when it will be shown on the sky poker tv channel
  • edited September 2012
    hi i won the £1200 mini B/H on the 6/09/12 could you tell me when it will be shown on the sky poker tv channel
    Posted by mikeyb1310
    hi mikey only tournaments with a TV icon next to them can be shown on channel 861, I don't think the mini events fall into this category
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : hi mikey only tournaments with a TV icon next to them can be shown on channel 861, I don't think the mini events fall into this category
    Posted by scouse_red
    thanks for the reply mate ... it did have a tv icon next to it so i thought it would be shown
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : thanks for the reply mate ... it did have a tv icon next to it so i thought it would be shown
    Posted by mikeyb1310
    Only a few tournaments have any regular TV time, usually only an hour: The SKY SPORTS Bounty Hunter (main event) on Thursdays, The Primo on Sundays and sometimes The Open on Tuesdays.

The rest of the tournaments with a TV icon (which the minis all have nowadays, I think) are available to be shown on the channel but you need to send in a particular hand ID to the show, including the date, time and tournament name. If the hand is interesting it may be shown on the Poker Clinic on Thursdays.

So if you want a hand to be shown, pick out an interesting one and send it in to the show. Ask the analyst what they think of your play and there's a good chance that it will be shown.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Only a few tournaments have any regular TV time, usually only an hour: The SKY SPORTS Bounty Hunter (main event) on Thursdays, The Primo on Sundays and sometimes The Open on Tuesdays. The rest of the tournaments with a TV icon (which the minis all have nowadays, I think) are available to be shown on the channel but you need to send in a particular hand ID to the show, including the date, time and tournament name. If the hand is interesting it may be shown on the Poker Clinic on Thursdays. So if you want a hand to be shown, pick out an interesting one and send it in to the show. Ask the analyst what they think of your play and there's a good chance that it will be shown.
    Posted by BorinLoner[/QUOTE

thanks for the reply mate 
  • edited September 2012
    Hi Tony,

I hope you are having a good time and enjoying/enjoyed the SPT Grand Final(depends when you willsee this message :p)

I wanted to ask you two questions regarding Sky.

1. There was a debate couple of months ago about a change in the rake system of the site. Most of onlise sites switch to a system where you get points according to the rake you contribute to a pot and not when you are simply dealt a hand. Is Sky considering a change anytime soon?

2. Also after the introduction of late reg my mind went back again couple of months on a thread you hav e created about updates on the site. I remember couple of things such as redesign of the forum, resizeable table and I am not sure if there was also a complete new better and lighter version of the software. Is there any update on the above matter?

I saw you playing on your ipad at DTD so I will consider you a Geek from now on.

Brag post: I played a bit of Omaha online yesterday on the site, sat down with 20quid and after an hour or so I stood up with 139.33. Probably my best session ever. Got to love that game.

Cheers,
    George
  • edited September 2012

hi tikay.
    please could you show hand 562030391 from mastercash 4 as i would like to know if my fold on river was good..or bad long term. it made sense to me at the time given the play but looking back at it im now thinking i should have called but is this just because i would have won the hand.
    this would be much appreciated

many thanks adam

• edited September 2012
    happy birthday
  • edited September 2012
    good tip to feel young,tune in to CLASSIC GOLD on DAB radio all 60s music
  • edited September 2012
    How does it feel to be 65? It is ask Tikay after all.Dont take to many fizzy's.
    Be good 
    Paul
  • edited September 2012
    Hi iikaey whe n i got offered my 2 2,550g freerolls and then thay  chNGED IT TO THE SATURDAY PLEAESE SORT ME ONUT PLZ LEAKKY BREAKS :p
    Posted by bazbbl75

@Tikay - How could you refuse such an eloquent request! ;-) 
     Before I forget, will you be up "ratagan-way" later in the year? Or do you have other plans? Also, is Aussie-land on the cards?
  • edited September 2012
    hi Tikay, i was just wondering what advice u could give me regarding bankrole managment, i like to think im a pretty decent poker player but could learn alot more obv, but i have no knowledge of bankrole managment i seem to win a tourne an then move up 15 levels an start playin with the big boys, im lookin for some help with this as i feel like im gambeling rather than playing poker and enjoying it, u think a challenge wud help ? maybe grindin dym"s ??? and advice would be welcomed, thanks addo07
  • edited September 2012
    Hi tikay
    just to let you know i took your advise and today Tuesday i finished second in the 6k roller.
    thanks for your help.

could you please express my thanks to the community for all there help.

I cash for just over £1000.
    brillant,
    just need to learn how to play heads up.

once again Tikay thank you and i owe you a drink.

kind regards Kevin   Spoony21
  • edited September 2012
    Hi tikay just to let you know i took your advise and today Tuesday i finished second in the 6k roller. thanks for your help. could you please express my thanks to the community for all there help. I cash for just over £1000. brillant, just need to learn how to play heads up. once again Tikay thank you and i owe you a drink. kind regards Kevin   Spoony21
    Posted by spoony21
    You sure you not just hustling  pretending to be a novice as i seen you finished 2nd in the main event last night aswell!