You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ask Tikay?

Comments

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay?:
    Yo yo tk how you doing bud could you pls tell me what is the dat of this new sky poker iPad app comeing out and mobile app I have askd some many times now bud and know1 gets back to me ;(
    Posted by ellie20026
    Hi Ellie,

I'm afraid I dont know what date it will be.

There, I was no help at all, was I?

Sorry.
  • edited September 2012
    Hi Tikay

Sorry about the mix up with the hand i sent in(trip 6's). It was more about scenarios if utg raised, say, in order to get more value. The look on your face was a sight to behold! I did try to send in as the hand, i felt, did make me look like i was asking a ridiculous q. I tried to resolve it in a fun way calling, tongue in cheek, for a sacking of Mr Producer and asking to be looked at on another occasion as i thought there were good different good scenarios to discuss that would provide good teaching for viewers and myself.
    Sky Louis, to his credit, sent me a private email which i didn't see until after after i'd besieged the show thread. I'm sorry for that.
    I really enjoy watching you on tv and James is a consummate performer too. You make a good partnership similar to yourself and Richard.
    I've put the original hand with the questions in the poker clinic, called"That TV hand", today...if you fancy putting your twopenneth in then please be my guest.....
  • edited September 2012
    Hi Tikay Sorry about the mix up with the hand i sent in(trip 6's). It was more about scenarios if utg raised, say, in order to get more value. The look on your face was a sight to behold! I did try to send in as the hand, i felt, did make me look like i was asking a ridiculous q. I tried to resolve it in a fun way calling, tongue in cheek, for a sacking of Mr Producer and asking to be looked at on another occasion as i thought there were good different good scenarios to discuss that would provide good teaching for viewers and myself. Sky Louis, to his credit, sent me a private email which i didn't see until after after i'd besieged the show thread. I'm sorry for that. I really enjoy watching you on tv and James is a consummate performer too. You make a good partnership similar to yourself and Richard. I've put the original hand with the questions in the poker clinic, called"That TV hand", today...if you fancy putting your twopenneth in then please be my guest.....
    Posted by profman15
    Hi Proffy,

No worries man, we are cool.

I have already replied to you on the Show thread.

The "look on my face"......well yes! We know what SORT of hands to expect from particular players, & I know you have a solid grasp of the game, so midway through the hand I sort of stopped for a moment, thinking I had misread it or something......& I'm thinking "WHAT?"

It is all about editing the e-Mails to make them TV friendly.

Must be said, I had a mare of a day yesterday. I do a bit of sports betting, & had the "bet of the year" lined up in a T20WC game. Except that I mis-clicked, & backed the wrong fella.....of course, the right fella won the bet in a canter. Cue much merriment, mocking, & dissing of my ineptitude.....

Then, last night, after the Show, I had a few bets on the Patriots - Giants NFL game. Well, the Patriots had a game like my day, groan, & the result was absolute carnage. Bleurgh. 

Some days just end up like one of these......

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Hi Proffy, No worries man, we are cool. I have already replied to you on the Show thread. The "look on my face"......well yes! We know what SORT of hands to expect from particular players, & I know you have a solid grasp of the game, so midway through the hand I sort of stopped for a moment, thinking I had misread it or something......& I'm thinking "WHAT?" It is all about editing the e-Mails to make them TV friendly.   Must be said, I had a mare of a day yesterday. I do a bit of sports betting, & had the "bet of the year" lined up in a T20WC game. Except that I mis-clicked, & backed the wrong fella.....of course, the right fella won the bet in a canter. Cue much merriment, mocking, & dissing of my ineptitude..... Then, last night, after the Show, I had a few bets on the Patriots - Giants NFL game. Well, the Patriots had a game like my day, groan, & the result was absolute carnage. Bleurgh.  Some days just end up like one of these......    
    Posted by Tikay10

If you think your day was bad.......

LML was in London yesterday, filming on her last day before flying back to LA. Who does she randomly bump into in the street??.....

.....ORFORD! How bad was her day?
  • edited September 2012

That is SERIOUSLY bad Alan.

Incidntally, as I mentioned on last night's Show, I have a monsta e-Mail & PM backlog - I have not forgotten yours. I'll try & get to it over the weekend.

Apologies for the delay.

• edited September 2012
    That is SERIOUSLY bad Alan. Incidntally, as I mentioned on last night's Show, I have a monsta e-Mail & PM backlog - I have not forgotten yours. I'll try & get to it over the weekend.   Apologies for the delay.  
    Posted by Tikay10

No apologies needed....I KNOW how busy you are and it was more of a 'pass it on' message, but TY.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : No apologies needed....I KNOW how busy you are and it was more of a 'pass it on' message, but TY.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Ahh, well have I already passed it on, I did that the very moment I opened it - that just needs me to click "FORWARD".

It's the reply to you that takes me longer, as I have to type words & things......
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Hi George - I got to your question - eventually. Thank you for your patience. The SPT Grand Final was wonderful, thank you, a really lovely atmo, everyone (almost!) had a ball, we had a really great Final Table, & winner, three great Sideys, & the Tighty SNG's were truly awesome, judging by the noise the players who were playing it - & the monster rail - made! Doubt we have ever had a more fun event, it was really tremendous. Were you there? If so, I wish you had come & said hello, we have much in common (Omaha, for example), to chat about! Q1. Yes, it has been under review & debate for some time now. Not sure when a decision is expected. Making the correct decision on this is important, for lots of reasons, one of which is that opinion amongst players is widely spread, so whatever decision is made will upset a lot of players. We shall see.   Q2 - This is more awkward, & complex to answer, because everything is always dynamic, & as a result, priorities & timetables change frequently. Earlier this year, I was foolish enough to name specific dates, which was a mistake on my part, as I got a fair bit of flak when the dates moved/changed/missed.....! Ho-hum. I don't mind making mistakes - the guy who makes no mistakes must never do anything - but the trick is to learn from them......Suffice to say, there will be loads of changes, upgrades, improvements, fettling, fiffing & faffing in the coming 12 months (whoops, I gave another timeframe.....) , as Development resource is being increased again, as things are going so well.   My i-Pad? Yes, I'm afraid I've become addicted to it. It simply is a wonderful piece of kit, with THE most friendly user-interface I have ever experienced with any form of Computer or software. My inability to do basic things like C & P across to a regular PC or Lappie is a little tiresome, & of course it does not work at with various functions. I do a little Sports Betting these days, after a 15 year sabbatical, & the Ippy is perfect for that, as most Sports Betting Sites now work well with "Mobile". I can follow the NFL scores, too, that sort of thing, so yes, it is a beautiful piece of kit, & has become indispensdable to me. It worries me a little how addicted I become to different things, my Ippy being the latest.  Mobile phones are a great example, I lived 40 years of my life before they ever existed, & it was fine, now we all take them everywhere, 24/7. I now deliberately leave it (my Moby) at home, or, when at, say, a Cardroom, I leave it in the car, as I'm trying to break the habit. I'm the same at home, with the Ippy, or my Lappie, I seem addicted to being on them, so I now force myself to switch them off an hour or two before bedtime, so it makes me settle down with a good book, which is very relaxing. If I had to give up everything in life except one things, books would be my instant choice to keep, reading is just the greatest thing ever, I'll never tire of it. Only non-Fiction though, I cba with Fiction. Life is MUCH stranger than fiction, believe me. Well done on the Omaha win, 7 x BI is is awesome, though not unususal - win or lose - at Omaha, which can be a bit swingy, as we inevitably get our entire stacks in the middle often if we play it propertly. I will be playing some Omaha Cash & Tourneys Online again shortly, so no doubt we will clash....;) I went & played £2-£2 DC at Luton earlier this week, & had immense fun, it was my first night there since before I went to Vegas. It was a fun table & game, amongst others in the game was Luke Bayliss (Sam's bro), who Finalled the SPT Grand Final. I was fortunate enough to win three pots of over £1,000, which was really rather pleasing. Unforch, I lost 4 Pots of over £1,000, which was not quite so pleasurable......gotta ride dem swings. Take care now.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tony,

Looks that everyone enjoyed the Grand Final so Sky staff should be very happy about it. Unfortunately, I wasn't at DTD. I was fortunate thought to lay in a Greek beach and do some sunbathing. I saw a picture of you on your iPad, theferore the comment.

I will probably be at the DTD for the SPT in October so I will hopefully meet you there and chat for many things including Omaha.

I was thinking about the whole rake system the last month cause I have been playing Omaha for couple of hours and I realised this: I was playing for couple of hours during the day and I have hardly reached 400 points. My thoughts were that I have paid so much rake so I should be rewarded more. Omaha produces far much rake for the sites  as you know so for me as an Omaha player the change is out of the question. I understand and I have also seen he fuss of a possible change happening at a thread that was posted last March and I believe that everyone has his/her own opinion and as you say its difficult to keep everyone happy. But because all the big poker sites have gone to weight contributed rake systems I suppose that this is the way forward. It has been on for a long time now and no one has any big objections so I suppose everyone or almost everyone is happy about it. 

Regarding the technological stuff I understand that there are so many requests by everyone and I believe Sky has to prioritise them. I understand that resizeable tables will be the big thing coming out soon, but I also believe hat a completely new redesign of the software is needed in order to make it quicker as its too heavy now cause of the Adobe Flash thing. BUT I can understand that not everyone agrees so I am just saying.

Swings in Omaha are happening so often and its one of the reasons of its fun. You can be winning on the flop, losing at the turn and then win at the river. It's just he nature of the game.

I have playing and running good the last month and that's why I am considering coming to the SPT in October. 

Take care now. I hope I will see you and chat at the DTD.
  • edited September 2012
    hello tony i have just won a seat into tonights above tournament could you please tell me when this tournament will be shown on sky poker tv and as i am a novice could you give me alot of advice cheers michael (toonboymc )
    ps i love the banter between yourself and mr richard orford keep it up thanx
  • edited September 2012
    hello tony 
    just won a seat into tonights above tournament and was wondering if and when it will be shown on sky poker cheers 
    also would love any advice you could give me
    ps love the banter between yourself and mr richard orford keep it going boys and thanx michael (toonboymc)
  • edited September 2012
    GREAT READS tikay...get that book completed...it'll be a best seller!!!!!
  • edited September 2012
    hi tikay whats the chances of getting the sunday super stack at 3pm put on to nights aswell for the 7,15 7,45 crowd
  • edited September 2012
    Hi Tikay, my first post/suggestion. Before I start, I am very grateful for all your advice, has helped me immensely.

I played this new cash table on another site, Poker770, it is one of those where you can play cash poker on one table, but instantly go to a new hand when you win, lose, fold, etc., and I am sure you know what I am talking about, so will not spend too much time explaining!!

Have you and Sky Poker have any plans of introducing this because I think it will be excellent, avoids playing multiple tables as you instantly go to a new hand, can even fold out of turn and go to a new hand immediately.

Really hope Sky have this as a priority, as I liked it a lot and think PartyPoker also have this option - is is very quick and an excellent idea.

Thanks again Tikay, and also I was so happy of you exploits in the US, you met your high standards head on and came through with dignity that is Tikay in a nutshell.

Slim1805

Prakash Gotecha
    Neverfear

p.s. I would like to change my table name to NeverfearAA, but the site will not allow me to do it - is there a way I can do it?
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? Fast Cash Tables on Sky Poker?:
    Hi Tikay, my first post/suggestion. Before I start, I am very grateful for all your advice, has helped me immensely. I played this new cash table on another site, Poker770, it is one of those where you can play cash poker on one table, but instantly go to a new hand when you win, lose, fold, etc., and I am sure you know what I am talking about, so will not spend too much time explaining!! Have you and Sky Poker have any plans of introducing this because I think it will be excellent, avoids playing multiple tables as you instantly go to a new hand, can even fold out of turn and go to a new hand immediately. Really hope Sky have this as a priority, as I liked it a lot and think PartyPoker also have this option - is is very quick and an excellent idea. Thanks again Tikay, and also I was so happy of you exploits in the US, you met your high standards head on and came through with dignity that is Tikay in a nutshell. Slim1805 Prakash Gotecha Neverfear p.s. I would like to change my table name to NeverfearAA, but the site will not allow me to do it - is there a way I can do it?
    Posted by Slim1805
    Hi slim.

Why the Che Guevara avatar - hero is he?

OK, your main question. You are talking of "ZOOM" & it's variants. Yes, it is in the current development train. Please don't ask "when" though, as we don't give dates on these matters now, & anyway, I don't know!

Change your screen-name? No, that will not be possible. It CAN & HAS been done in certain extreme circumstances, but it is very rare, & does not apply in this case. The problem with allowing it is that it can be taken advantage of. Change one, & everyone will be on the same bandwagon......

Thank you for the kind comments as to Vegas etc. My old dad taught me "dignity is all, win or lose", so that's how it is. Don't always succeed, but as long as we try, thats what matters.

PS - Welcome to the community, hope you find the place fun, & enjoyable.  
  • edited September 2012
    hi tikay whats the chances of getting the sunday super stack at 3pm put on to nights aswell for the 7,15 7,45 crowd
    Posted by WHEELS7161
    Hi wheels, long time no speak, hope you are in fine heart.

I think your wish, in this case, is highly unlikely, I'm afraid, for a variety of reasons. 

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Hi Tony, Looks that everyone enjoyed the Grand Final so Sky staff should be very happy about it. Unfortunately, I wasn't at DTD. I was fortunate thought to lay in a Greek beach and do some sunbathing. I saw a picture of you on your iPad, theferore the comment. I will probably be at the DTD for the SPT in October so I will hopefully meet you there and chat for many things including Omaha. I was thinking about the whole rake system the last month cause I have been playing Omaha for couple of hours and I realised this: I was playing for couple of hours during the day and I have hardly reached 400 points. My thoughts were that I have paid so much rake so I should be rewarded more. Omaha produces far much rake for the sites  as you know so for me as an Omaha player the change is out of the question. I understand and I have also seen he fuss of a possible change happening at a thread that was posted last March and I believe that everyone has his/her own opinion and as you say its difficult to keep everyone happy. But because all the big poker sites have gone to weight contributed rake systems I suppose that this is the way forward. It has been on for a long time now and no one has any big objections so I suppose everyone or almost everyone is happy about it.  Regarding the technological stuff I understand that there are so many requests by everyone and I believe Sky has to prioritise them. I understand that resizeable tables will be the big thing coming out soon, but I also believe hat a completely new redesign of the software is needed in order to make it quicker as its too heavy now cause of the Adobe Flash thing. BUT I can understand that not everyone agrees so I am just saying. Swings in Omaha are happening so often and its one of the reasons of its fun. You can be winning on the flop, losing at the turn and then win at the river. It's just he nature of the game. I have playing and running good the last month and that's why I am considering coming to the SPT in October.  Take care now. I hope I will see you and chat at the DTD.
    Posted by GreekWa
    y
    Hi George,

Sorry I missed this - will reply later tonight, or in the morning, all being well.
  • edited September 2012
    hi tikay recently started playing low stakes omaha just wondering if you had any top tips for me?

played a hand today was heads up i flopped a straight however there were 2 of the same suit on the flop i had only 1 card with this suit should i be looking to get money in the pot with the temporary nuts or try get to the river with out seeing a third card of the same suit?

thanks oli
  • edited September 2012

Morning tikay hows u i was wondering if they doing a special freeroll for people with smaller bankroll to qualify for super roller 500pts or 1000pts freeroll 1 seat giveaway  

i believe u done something like this 2 months ago for a spt notingham seat 

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? Fast Cash Tables on Sky Poker?:
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? Fast Cash Tables on Sky Poker? : Hi slim.   Why the Che Guevara avatar - hero is he? OK, your main question. You are talking of "ZOOM" & it's variants. Yes, it is in the current development train. Please don't ask "when" though, as we don't give dates on these matters now, & anyway, I don't know! Change your screen-name? No, that will not be possible. It CAN & HAS been done in certain extreme circumstances, but it is very rare, & does not apply in this case. The problem with allowing it is that it can be taken advantage of. Change one, & everyone will be on the same bandwagon...... Thank you for the kind comments as to Vegas etc. My old dad taught me "dignity is all, win or lose", so that's how it is. Don't always succeed, but as long as we try, thats what matters. PS - Welcome to the community, hope you find the place fun, & enjoyable.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks, and look forward to the fast play option because that is the only way I will ever make a good points level - can't play multiple tables, 2 max!!  Yes, Che has been my 'hero' for years from my ultra-left wing uni days, and when I visited Cuba in 1996 (before the current massive improvements, and the ridiculous American Embargo), I was struck by the co-operation between people, and one example tells the story - police/army people stood at road junctions in remote areas, and any car, truck, etc., with space would stop and take on people who were waited for a ride, and this was so efficient, found it awesome, although they sometimes waited for hours. At that time, they did not even have sufficient fuel, etc., could go on for ages and pages, Tikay would love me!! 

Looking fwd to more involvement as I get better - developed a blood clot in my leg, has laid me out for 3 years!!, but will be able to play more once it resolves a bit more and the pain lessens.

Slim
  • edited September 2012
    hi tikay recently started playing low stakes omaha just wondering if you had any top tips for me? played a hand today was heads up i flopped a straight however there were 2 of the same suit on the flop i had only 1 card with this suit should i be looking to get money in the pot with the temporary nuts or try get to the river with out seeing a third card of the same suit? thanks oli
    Posted by olimboro
    Hi olimporo,

I have written two blogs for Omaha which can be found here:

If you have any particular questions please let me know.

• edited September 2012
    how do i enter the £250 sky media tourney?
  • edited September 2012
    how do i enter the £250 sky media tourney?
    Posted by famehungry
    Hi Fame,

What is the £250 Sky Media Tourney? Sorry, I've been whooshed by that.
  • edited October 2012
    3 players left in tournament - button folds, small blind goes all in, big blind calls all in and loses, going out of game - next hand i am on big blind, as i was button last hand - i say small blind last hand has to post small blind again as it is now heads up, opponent argues that as he was small blind before heads up the small blind should be dead, - who is correct?
  • edited October 2012
    Is there anyway I can play more than 8 tables without experiencing major lag?

All the other sites I play are fine.

Thank you
  • edited October 2012
    Is there anyway I can play more than 8 tables without experiencing major lag? All the other sites I play are fine. Thank you
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Ask Beaneh, he plays about 500 tables :)
  • edited October 2012
    3 players left in tournament - button folds, small blind goes all in, big blind calls all in and loses, going out of game - next hand i am on big blind, as i was button last hand - i say small blind last hand has to post small blind again as it is now heads up, opponent argues that as he was small blind before heads up the small blind should be dead, - who is correct?
    Posted by PeterSQF
    I may well be wrong, but I think in this situation it should be big blind only?!
  • edited October 2012
    Is Sky Poker Realistic of real time tournament play, cash tables etc what are the odds differential of the RNG to using a real deck of manually shuffled cards or would answering this question honestly affect your sky pay structure lol
  • edited October 2012
    Is Sky Poker Realistic of real time tournament play, cash tables etc what are the odds differential of the RNG to using a real deck of manually shuffled cards or would answering this question honestly affect your sky pay structure lol
    Posted by RedRicky
    Good morning Ricky.

I'm not entirely sure I understand your question, or what is behind it. ;)

However.....if you are asking for a comparision of the relative integrity of of a hand-shuffled deck in Live Poker, and an electronically generated RNG in Online Poker, I know which I would most trust.

I've played Live poker a goodly bit, & if time permitted, I could tell you a dozen stories of "bent" dealers, card mechanics, dealing off the bottom of the pack, & rank bad shuffling.

I've seen a few Online scandals, too - Full-Tilt messing with my money, Ultimate Bet cheating via a "superuser" account, I even owned a poker skin on a network where one of my players won a lot of money (fairly) so the network refused to pay him. But I can't ever recall any instance of an Online Poker site that had a RNG problem. I can recall every single Online Poker Site site being accused of having one though! That includes the mighty PokerStars, who have been accused of it with monotonous regularity. The problem is, 90 billion or whatever hands have been played on that site, & not one person has come up with one shred of credible evidence. And they have had 90 billion bits of evidence with which to find it. 

Everything is squeaky clean, mate. It is like live poker. But better, cleaner, & faster.    
  • edited October 2012
    I guess you have forgotten to reply to my previous post.