You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ask Tikay?

Comments

• edited October 2012
    hi tikay 

Im starting to play the game razz my freind tried to teach me the basics but still dnt fully undersand the game i played a £10 tourney didnt really know what i was doing tbh didnt feel i have a edge any help thanks 
  • edited October 2012
    Hi Tikay,

Train question as I follower too. The Mallard still holds the land speed record for a steam locomotive. Do you think the NRM in York fix her up and take another run at the record?

gmd1701
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Ask Tikay?:
    The Place to come and Ask tikay (our resident Sky Poker TV presenter) any questions you may have. no question is too big or too small and tikay will always be happy to help. so... ask away!... (edit by sky_rich) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Besides being a potential new section on the forum,i would like to know if you descretly or otherwise answered lady fingers post about dead money at the gutshot to liven up tournaments or cash games?
    Posted by Any2Suited
    Hi Tikay can you explain why the side event tonight has more chips and longer blinds than the main?? shouldnt the main event as described have the better structure since there is a £20k gtd regards Carlo
  • edited October 2012
    Hi Tikay

You mentioned on 861 the other night about you can,t use promotions in conjustion with other promotions

For example i was setting up tables using the 5p action
     and 10p action during the happy hour while also being the early bird

I realise i won,t get the 3 seperate points boosts for each promo but do u not get the extra for playing on the action tables during the happy hour?

Thx

Hope you are well

Ps _ any news on rezible tables ?

THx

Paul
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay?:
    hi tikay  Im starting to play the game razz my freind tried to teach me the basics but still dnt fully undersand the game i played a £10 tourney didnt really know what i was doing tbh didnt feel i have a edge any help thanks 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Morning IDCU.

Sky Poker do not offer RAZZ, so my advice would be to stick to what Sky Poker offer......;)

Seriously, I don't think RAZZ translates very well to Online play. There is a Deuce to Seven RAZZ variant, too.

The Nuts in RAZZ is A-2-3-4-5.

In UK Dealers Choice games, "London Lowball" is usually played, where the nuts is 6-4-3-2-A, but this is played as Pot Limit, whereas RAZZ & HORSE are Limit.  

"RAZZ" is the "R" in "HORSE" Tourneys, another format which does not translate well to Online play, imo.  
  • edited October 2012
    Hi Tikay, Train question as I follower too. The Mallard still holds the land speed record for a steam locomotive. Do you think the NRM in York fix her up and take another run at the record? gmd1701
    Posted by gmd1701
    Morning gmd.

I would think that is highly unlikely, due to Safety Certification problems, most especially as to the boiler & running gear.

I was at NRM last year, & had a good look at Mallard, but she does not excite me much, mainly, I think because of the colour. Steam Locomotives should NEVER be powder blue, that is oh-so wrong, & should, preferably, be either GWR Green, maroon, or black.

Not sure I like her "streamlining", either, it all looks a bit wrong to my eye.

Now, this IS a proper Steam Loco......my Grandad Angell was the driver, & my Dad the Fireman, on this legendary loco. Later, my Dad married Grandad Angell's daughter, but that's another story. ;)

• edited October 2012
    ok thanks for your reply tikay :) i do play on sky poker all of the time :)
  • edited October 2012
    Completely random question but seeing as you've travelled around the UK quite a bit I figure I may as well ask if you've ever visited my neck of the woods. Ever been to the lake district? If so, any good memories/what do you think of it? Favourite national park?
  • edited October 2012
    Hi Tikay - My question has already been touched on by MP33 (yesterday) and probably by others in the past, but I'll ask anyway. I've been playing on the site for aprox 3 years now but one thing that I think would be a great addition, well for me anyway, would be the option to make the tables larger on screen.  Are there any plans to introduce this functionality?

Thanks
    Stephen
  • edited November 2012
    hi tikay do u know if sky poker is ever going 2 activate play on sky interactive again
  • edited November 2012
    hi tikay do u know if sky poker is ever going 2 activate play on sky interactive again
    Posted by ice83
    Hi ice,

If you mean, will Sky Poker be available via your TV Set again, as it used to be back in the day when we first began, then the answer is "no" I'm afraid.

The Online landscape is ever changing, & with great speed. What was innovative a few years ago, is old hat now. Even Ceefax & Teletext have gone!

• edited November 2012

I'll try & catch up with the other questions on here later today.
  • edited November 2012
    how this site is not closed down i dont no best hand all nite but beat evey time on river by chancers bad players one hand 2 left in he big blind me ace jack i raise he calls 6 3 unsuited how s he in the hand and he hits 666 me jj out site corrupt
  • edited November 2012
    just a thought tikay. Would sky put on a tournament for Team Diamond members if there was enough interest from other members of the team?
  • edited November 2012
    ignore that post tikay the reply i got from an email was:Unfortunately at the moment we would not be willing to do this I'm afraid.
  • edited November 2012

I'll try & catch up with replies today or tomorrow, apologies once again for the delay.
  • edited November 2012

Just to let you know my alias is BIGWOL  1, thats (one) thank you TK.     BIGWOL

• edited November 2012

Ahh, thank you Mr Big!

Glad you watched the Show.

I really was not sure of it was pronounced BigWol1 ("BigWolOne") or "BigWolly!

Hope no offence was taken - certainly, none was intended.

PS - Welcome to the Community, take a look around, if you have any questions, fire away, most members here are incredibly helpful & supportive.
  • edited November 2012
    Hi Tikay, hope u r well.

Sorry dont mean to get on to you, as think its unfair sometimes, but...

When is re-sizable tables goin to happen?
  • edited November 2012
    Hello Mr. Kendall.

I know a great place for having a nap, scarborough train station it has the longest station seat at 140m long(but you knew that already) lol.

Whats your take on the fiasco that is the new tender on the west coast mainline.

P.S does seafood really taste better from seaside shops, because i ate some prawns on blackpool seafront & they were not so tasty lol
  • edited November 2012
    Hi Tikay, hope u r well. Sorry dont mean to get on to you, as think its unfair sometimes, but... When is re-sizable tables goin to happen?
    Posted by DEL560
    Afternoon Del.

Yes, I'm reasonably well, all things considered, thank you. Everything is getting a bit creaky & wonky, but it's only to be expected.....;)

Resizeable Tables.  (This reply applies also to MP33, & Stevlar, & many others who have asked).

Yes, resizeable tables are coming.

When?

Well thereby hangs a tale.....

I have always tried, on this Community, to try & explain facets of how the Business works, what it does, & why. Few poker players have experience of having "the other side of the Table" explain & discuss these things, & that is partly because I don't believe almost any other Online Poker Site tries to do this.

I thought I could help break the mould, I really did, by giving the Clients an insight into what will happen, why, & when. Shared knowledge aids understanding.

So I frequently explained all these things, in more detail than any other Site would.

Most things happened, sometimes later rather than sooner, but everything was for real. Sometimes they get cancelled, delayed, modified, changed, dropped, or the Business messes up. It happens, make enough decisions & some are bound to be wrong.

It just happens that business decisions are always dynamic, in that they change repeatedly, in the light of all sorts of stuff. The Online Poker landscape changes SO rapidly, (think of "Tablets", "Fast Poker", changing traffic levels, da de da) so priorities need to be chopped & changed in the light of changing circumstances, & resources need to be re-allocated.

All of which is fine & dandy, & perfectly normal in any well-managed business.

So, a while back, I gave dates as to when resizeable tables would come. And, I guess (I never asked, because I serve the business, not run it), priorities changed, & it was delayed.

I get kept up to date though with the changing timelines, every single week all these things are reported on by the Business, & we discuss them openly. But I no longer give expected dates on the Communuity, because when the dates move, a lot of the feedback, (but not all, not by any means) in my personal opinion, is not very fair, or balanced. Some (again, certainly not all), of the Posts commenting on these matters are extremely rude, & often overly sarcastic. I don't think that's necessary, or very fair, to be honest, because it's obvious I would never be able to reply in kind even if I wanted to. Which I never would, as I don't see what rudeness or sarcasm achieves. It's good, constructive debate I was hoping for, and shared knowledge, which, surely, would be a wonderful thing for everyone?

I'd LOVE to keep discussing these things as & when they develop, but it's clear I made a big mistake in thinking that discussing the finer detail would be a positive step for the poker community as a whole. My bad, I misjudged it badly. Not the first, or the last, mistake I've made, not by a long chalk. ;)

So, I'm sorry I cannot give you dates, but it seems, on balance, & in the light of experience, better that way.

Your patience & loyalty, as is that of all the ever growing number of players on Sky Poker, is genuinely appreciated, even though neither side of the debate, perhaps, express ourselves as well as we might. We shall keep trying though.

It would be wonderful if we could live in that "ideal world" we all dream of!

I hope that helps explain a few things. Happy to continue to take any questions on any matters, but I just need to be a litle more circumspect in some of my replies I think.   
  • edited November 2012
    Completely random question but seeing as you've travelled around the UK quite a bit I figure I may as well ask if you've ever visited my neck of the woods. Ever been to the lake district? If so, any good memories/what do you think of it? Favourite national park?
    Posted by percival09[
    /QUOTE]

Hi Percy,

You live in the Lake District? Lucky you!

Yes, I've been there many many times, camped there, too, in my younger days. I adore it, & the older I get, the more I love the beauty of nature.

Favourite National Park? Too tough that one - they are all stunning, but in different ways. Snowdonia, Peak, North Yorkshire, New Forest, South Downs, Brecon Beacons - think of the contrast in "beauty" amongst those. Compare, say, Snowdonia to Peak - completely different, but both achingly beautiful in different ways.

They all have one thing in common though - lots of grass, trees, rivers, lakes, all of which depend upon water, water which is delivered by rain. And yet when it rains, most of us have a little moan about our weather. 

And while I'm having a wistful old man's musings on our strange world, have you ever thought about what a miraculous plant grass is?  Can you even begin to imagine a world without grass, & how life would be so different, & poorer, without it? Any yet most of us take it for granted. 

Rain, & grass, totally dependent upon each other, & we could not live without either.

Funny old world, 'innit?

PS - Excuse my little oddities, but I love the chance to muse on these things now & then. Better off not asking those questions, then you'll be spared my rambling replies. ;)   
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Ask Tikay? : Hi Tikay can you explain why the side event tonight has more chips and longer blinds than the main?? shouldnt the main event as described have the better structure since there is a £20k gtd regards Carlo
    Posted by boatrace
    Hi Carlo.

More chips & longer blinds does not necessarily equate to "better". It does to you & me, maybe, but some folks like faster, sharper, quicker stuff.

During UKOPS, they tried to "balance" the Events, so there'd be, say, a fast-paced Bounty Hunter for the MAIN, & a Roller for the Sidey.

In those circumstances, the structures would need to be exactly as they were. There would be no point having a Roller with 2k chips & a 5 minute clock, any more than a BH with 10,000 chips & a slow structure would make any sense.

Different products appeal to different players, or "different strokes for different folks". 

The near impossible trick of an Online Poker Room is balancing all those things.

I hope that, overall, you enjoyed UKOPS. I never got to play any, but I definitely got a buzz out of it, watching those Guarantees every day, & sharing the "sweat" with the players.   

• edited November 2012
    Hello Mr. Kendall. I know a great place for having a nap, scarborough train station it has the longest station seat at 140m long(but you knew that already) lol. Whats your take on the fiasco that is the new tender on the west coast mainline. P.S does seafood really taste better from seaside shops, because i ate some prawns on blackpool seafront & they were not so tasty lol
    Posted by seppe
    Hi seppe,

Ther West Coast Main Line Tender?

You decribed it pretty well imo, but it's easy for us to knock & diss when we only know one side of the story. Everything happens for a reason.....

I happen to believe thsat Government & Business don't mix very well. In fact, I don't think thry mix at all, they reuire different skillsets, Governments are slow & lumbering aninmals, whereas businesses need to be more nimble, & address different priorities, so my personal view is that Railways should ALL be private, & the Government stop interfering. We don't need a Nanny State to look after us. Or maybe we do.....

Seafood taste nicer at the seaside? Lol, it's all in the mind. The mind is a very strange thing indeed, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Have you ever thought about peer pressure? Now there is one powerful thing. And yet you cannot touch it, or see it.

Magic?
  • edited November 2012

Think we are up to date now. If I have missed any questions, apologies, just give me a nudge. I'll be asleep on the sofa.
  • edited November 2012
    can you please tell me if you are Angela Burberry on facebook,as alot of my m8s on facebook think you are and if  so why not be tikay..............confused.com
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Afternoon Del. Yes, I'm reasonably well, all things considered, thank you. Everything is getting a bit creaky & wonky, but it's only to be expected.....;) Resizeable Tables.  (This reply applies also to MP33, & Stevlar, & many others who have asked).   Yes, resizeable tables are coming. When? Well thereby hangs a tale..... I have always tried, on this Community, to try & explain facets of how the Business works, what it does, & why. Few poker players have experience of having "the other side of the Table" explain & discuss these things, & that is partly because I don't believe almost any other Online Poker Site tries to do this.   I thought I could help break the mould, I really did, by giving the Clients an insight into what will happen, why, & when. Shared knowledge aids understanding. So I frequently explained all these things, in more detail than any other Site would.   Most things happened, sometimes later rather than sooner, but everything was for real. Sometimes they get cancelled, delayed, modified, changed, dropped, or the Business messes up. It happens, make enough decisions & some are bound to be wrong. It just happens that business decisions are always dynamic, in that they change repeatedly, in the light of all sorts of stuff. The Online Poker landscape changes SO rapidly, (think of "Tablets", "Fast Poker", changing traffic levels, da de da) so priorities need to be chopped & changed in the light of changing circumstances, & resources need to be re-allocated. All of which is fine & dandy, & perfectly normal in any well-managed business. So, a while back, I gave dates as to when resizeable tables would come. And, I guess (I never asked, because I serve the business, not run it), priorities changed, & it was delayed. I get kept up to date though with the changing timelines, every single week all these things are reported on by the Business, & we discuss them openly. But I no longer give expected dates on the Communuity, because when the dates move, a lot of the feedback, (but not all, not by any means) in my personal opinion, is not very fair, or balanced. Some (again, certainly not all), of the Posts commenting on these matters are extremely rude, & often overly sarcastic. I don't think that's necessary, or very fair, to be honest, because it's obvious I would never be able to reply in kind even if I wanted to. Which I never would, as I don't see what rudeness or sarcasm achieves. It's good, constructive debate I was hoping for, and shared knowledge, which, surely, would be a wonderful thing for everyone?   I'd LOVE to keep discussing these things as & when they develop, but it's clear I made a big mistake in thinking that discussing the finer detail would be a positive step for the poker community as a whole. My bad, I misjudged it badly. Not the first, or the last, mistake I've made, not by a long chalk. ;) So, I'm sorry I cannot give you dates, but it seems, on balance, & in the light of experience, better that way.   Your patience & loyalty, as is that of all the ever growing number of players on Sky Poker, is genuinely appreciated, even though neither side of the debate, perhaps, express ourselves as well as we might. We shall keep trying though. It would be wonderful if we could live in that "ideal world" we all dream of! I hope that helps explain a few things. Happy to continue to take any questions on any matters, but I just need to be a litle more circumspect in some of my replies I think.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for your reply Tikay, totally understand.  Yes think the easiest thing for ppl to do, in any walk n life, is criticise.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Afternoon Del. Yes, I'm reasonably well, all things considered, thank you. Everything is getting a bit creaky & wonky, but it's only to be expected.....;) Resizeable Tables.  (This reply applies also to MP33, & Stevlar, & many others who have asked).   Yes, resizeable tables are coming. When? Well thereby hangs a tale..... I have always tried, on this Community, to try & explain facets of how the Business works, what it does, & why. Few poker players have experience of having "the other side of the Table" explain & discuss these things, & that is partly because I don't believe almost any other Online Poker Site tries to do this.   I thought I could help break the mould, I really did, by giving the Clients an insight into what will happen, why, & when. Shared knowledge aids understanding. So I frequently explained all these things, in more detail than any other Site would.   Most things happened, sometimes later rather than sooner, but everything was for real. Sometimes they get cancelled, delayed, modified, changed, dropped, or the Business messes up. It happens, make enough decisions & some are bound to be wrong. It just happens that business decisions are always dynamic, in that they change repeatedly, in the light of all sorts of stuff. The Online Poker landscape changes SO rapidly, (think of "Tablets", "Fast Poker", changing traffic levels, da de da) so priorities need to be chopped & changed in the light of changing circumstances, & resources need to be re-allocated. All of which is fine & dandy, & perfectly normal in any well-managed business. So, a while back, I gave dates as to when resizeable tables would come. And, I guess (I never asked, because I serve the business, not run it), priorities changed, & it was delayed. I get kept up to date though with the changing timelines, every single week all these things are reported on by the Business, & we discuss them openly. But I no longer give expected dates on the Communuity, because when the dates move, a lot of the feedback, (but not all, not by any means) in my personal opinion, is not very fair, or balanced. Some (again, certainly not all), of the Posts commenting on these matters are extremely rude, & often overly sarcastic. I don't think that's necessary, or very fair, to be honest, because it's obvious I would never be able to reply in kind even if I wanted to. Which I never would, as I don't see what rudeness or sarcasm achieves. It's good, constructive debate I was hoping for, and shared knowledge, which, surely, would be a wonderful thing for everyone?   I'd LOVE to keep discussing these things as & when they develop, but it's clear I made a big mistake in thinking that discussing the finer detail would be a positive step for the poker community as a whole. My bad, I misjudged it badly. Not the first, or the last, mistake I've made, not by a long chalk. ;) So, I'm sorry I cannot give you dates, but it seems, on balance, & in the light of experience, better that way.   Your patience & loyalty, as is that of all the ever growing number of players on Sky Poker, is genuinely appreciated, even though neither side of the debate, perhaps, express ourselves as well as we might. We shall keep trying though. It would be wonderful if we could live in that "ideal world" we all dream of! I hope that helps explain a few things. Happy to continue to take any questions on any matters, but I just need to be a litle more circumspect in some of my replies I think.   
    Posted by Tikay10

Hi Tikay, I hope you are well,

Players have been asking about resizable tables since the beginning of sky poker, and as far as I am aware, every other site has them. A lot of players hate mini view, mostly because it is rubbish!
     Personally, I think rude and sarcastic posts on this subject, whilst not actually achieving very much, are nevertheless understandable and justifiable. If I was allowed to post exactly what I think on this subject, I have no doubt you would consider my post rude and sarcastic.
     I know it's not your fault Tikay, so there is no point whatsoever in being rude towards you. If, however, I were to talk to the big boss man, I would tell him in no uncertain terms what I think of Skypokers priorities!
     It is, imo, the most frustrating and annoying thing about this site, and it is easy to see why people say rude things about it. The thing is Tikay, a lot of people simply do not understand why it seems to be so low on the list of priorities. I know, and you know that it's not as easy as it appears to be with the technical issues involved with flash player, but when a player can easily resize every window he/she ever comes across on the internet and the computer, it is hard to see why it cannot be done on sky. Players have been watching 865 and seen yourself and James Hartigan saying it's just around the corner for over a year now.
     As you probably remember Tikay, I have been very vocal, and sometimes rude about what I considered to be the shortcomings of the technical team, and I remember thinking " how ******* hard can it be to resize a window?"--- It just seems so simple Tikay, and so flopwit stupid that it can't be done!--- I can understand exactly where these rude and sarcastic posts on the subject are coming from. It is unfortunate and unfair that some of them are directed at you Tikay, But Skypoker do, imo, deserve every rude and sarcastic post they get on the subject, whether they achieve anything is irrelevant in this case, they are born from pure and extreme frustration at an issue that Sky appear to think dos'nt really matter very much. People sometimes need to vent their anger and frustration.

The terms and conditions page should be amended as follows---

Condition 1---- players must be over 18

Condition  2--- The lack of resizable tables is not Tikay's fault, it's our's, and we are very, very sorry indeed!
  • edited November 2012
    ps, as an indication of how strongly I feel about this issue, I can tell you that I post very rarely these days because my laptop is broken and I have to copy and paste the letters r, u and y because the keys don't work--- lol--- try it !

Keep up the good work Tikay, you're an oasis in our poker desert!
  • edited November 2012
    Hi sorry for bothering you, I was playing in the £55 bounty hunter last night, and was very lucky to get almost 158k ahead and was double the second place with only 10 players left I then got booted and by the time I got back on to skypoker I had 16k left and finnished in 5th , I was so annyoed but when ever you call up and ask what the problem was you get told it was your end and there is nothing sky can do about it, I admit I was playing some of the best poker I have ever played and was hoping to reach the top 3 at the very least and I feel so so cheated any advice would be welcome