You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Good luck.
    Been an awful week for me.
    I expect it is variance as in poker
    A lot of bad beats.
    Hope tomorrow brings us a bit of luck.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced:
    Good luck. Been an awful week for me. I expect it is variance as in poker A lot of bad beats. Hope tomorrow brings us a bit of luck.
    Posted by wynne1938
    lets hope so mate from the look of our picks we will have a good or bad day together
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    oh dear now 45.5 up.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Cant seem to stop the rot. here goes

iiii - Eminent 11-2 -  3.35 Newm -impressive winner of Craben and trainer ereckons he has come on for that , hoping that he can upset Churchill. Well beaten although stuck out wide didn't help

iii - Dark Shot 7-1 - 3-15 Goodwood - no clear run last time, hoping that run brought him on and gets better luck this time. 3rd had to find his way through horses again but no excuses. 

ii- Lat Hawill 6-1 - 3.40 Thirsk- Another which finished well after no clear run. good draw today nowhere

I- Berkshire 14-1 -1.50 Newmarket -Class above these at his best which is why top weight, If only he hadn't had so many injuries, colic etc lets hope he is well today.NR that's twice he has been pulled out now. Connections obviously feel they will only run him when everything in his favour.
    Have had a bet on Grapevine 8-1 instead last

Also fancy

2.20 goldream Goldream ran well 3rd at 14-1  and Dancing Star ran on near end but never a factor 2.20 Newm both 14-1
    2.55 Glapait 7-2  -2.55 Newm not in same class as winner

Goodwood
    2.05 Goodwood Alf Guineas 7-2 nowhere
    2.40 Good wood -Make Music 22-1 2nd and bug ger I chose between Make Music and Gossiping , would have had forcast 25-1 and 16-1 !!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Another losing week 42.5 up
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Hope my followers did this today

ii- Days of Heaven 7-2 2.05 K - 2 from 2 at Kempton and has run his last two races in top class USA jumps meetings Trainer in form. WOW winner at 4-1 and loved the course and ground, needs to be followed

Won again at 3-1 at Stratford today, couldn't believe the price should have been 6-4 at least. Won by 3 lengths and still reckon more to come gave weight and a beating to Yorkist
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Hope my followers did this today ii- Days of Heaven 7-2 2.05 K - 2 from 2 at Kempton and has run his last two races in top class USA jumps meetings Trainer in form. WOW winner at 4-1 and loved the course and ground, needs to be followed Won again at 3-1 at Stratford today, couldn't believe the price should have been 6-4 at least. Won by 3 lengths and still reckon more to come gave weight and a beating to Yorkist
    Posted by vaigret
    Noted.
    I saw the race as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    i hope you backed it mate 

i only follow tips of that week or day as you noted this in march no way my 3 braincells would remember.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    thnx both

yes Micky backed it . As wynne will know, thanks to him I use ATR tracker , free and you get your horses to follow emailed to you when they are entered, Saves the brain cells and I don't always get a chance to update my ones to follow on here
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    atr tracker I'll be googling that cheers
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Had a fantastic last two days at Chester with 7 winners at 14-1,10-1, , 8-1 , 5-1 twice some in doubles and one 10pew accum  giving over 2000 points profit so this weeks ratings come with the health warning , can he do it today. Certainlky need to do something.

iiii- George William 12-1 4.00 ascot , winner and then tardy start left him with too much to do last time. Hoping for better today. 2nd winner got first run so Banksea form franked by both winner and mine

iii- Mix and Mingle 15-2 3.40 Lingfield- Beat Taabarak last time out who franked form next time in good race. Oh dear didn't see the French hotpot was in the race. still hopeful !!!!! WINNER WHAT A RIDE BY RYAN MOORE AND FRENCH HORSE NO PROBLEM. TRAINER CHRIS WALL WINS RACE FOR THIRD TIME

ii- London Prize -12-1-Beaten off this rating last time in Scottish champion, hoping he can win this as well as he did the Imperial Cup. 6th or seventh but wow John Constable 

I- Baydar -7-1 -racked up a long line of wins last year until last seasons hardwork saw him run disappointingly last race of 2016. Freshened up he should be back in front. NR

Other horses done

Ascot
     2.15 Lord George 4-1 - ok George overload 3rd
     3.25 Tisbutadeam 9-1 WINNER AT 11-1 THEY ALWAYS WIN AT THAT PRICE

2.50 as Baydar non runner done Knights Table 7-1 absolutely took apart by Firefighting as he started his run, very unucky but whether he would have won is debateable
    Lingfield
    1.55 Pocketfullofdreams 2-1 2nd
    2.30 Sir John Lavery Evens almost last my O'Brien curse happens again

Haydock
    4.20 George Dryden 12-1 well after the last two Iculdnt leave this one out !!!! LOST
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    At last a winner and back to 48 points up
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    No ratings today but here are my horses for first day of Dante meeting

2.20 Al Neksh 17-2 2nd hoping haggas keeps his good run at York.
     little saver on Two for two 14-1 nowhere
    Master Carpenter loves York and ground and it certainly looked like it

2.55 Wentworth Falls 15-2 hoping for the hat trick.
    never really got into the race. Won by 25-1 shot having first run for Trainer 

3.30 The Tin Man 6-1 ok top weight but have a feeling this horse still improving and Fanshaw won this with Similar horse n society Man .little saver on Tupi 14-1
    Both nowhere and winner was probably the only Haggas horse I haven't backed today

Gosden has some super fillies, Shutter Speed very impressive

4.35 Starlight Romance 14-1 won nice race last time . interfered with and finished  3rd , wouldn't have won but  would have finished 2nd if it wasn't for the second interfering with her and meant I lost out with my late forecast saver. GRRRRRRRRR. How was there not a stewards enquiry

Well Tasleet was not only Haggas horse I left out (got to look at all his horses at York !!!)Battered winner as well

5.05 Rocket Man Dan 11-2 nowhere  hasn't improved from Brocklesby run. Brocklesbury winner Santry won easily under penalty
    5.35 Theydon Grey saver om chancery 10-1 placed  and nowhere
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    ive got a 11-1 shot with a chance for you 'flying pursuit' in the 2.55. pretty certain it will get the ground it likes, its also ran well at york before which helps.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    No ratings today but here are my horses for first day of Dante meeting 2.20 Al Neksh 17-2 and little saver on Two for two 14-1 2.55 Wentworth Falls 15-2 3.30 The Tin Man 6-1 little saver on Tupi 14-1 4.35 Starlight Romance 14-1 5.05 Rocket Man Dan 11-2 5.35 Theydon Grey saver om chancery 10-1
    Posted by vaigret
    Good luck
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    ive got a 11-1 shot with a chance for you 'flying pursuit' in the 2.55. pretty certain it will get the ground it likes, its also ran well at york before which helps.
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    thanks Micky i'll take a look
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Not so good yesterday with only two places and backing wrong Haggas horses
    Info to come

2.20 Duke of Firenze 6-1 -ok top weight and their might be something down the bottom but ran good race in Abbaye , Mobsta franked form and then in good race at chester last week he was bumped coming out of stalls and then blocked twice as he made his run. not given hard race from there and still finished a close fourth even though Invincible had flown by then. C & D winner and won on soft ground. Trainer had decent start to season. WINNER 13-2 EASILY DESPITE HAVING TO FIND RUN,

2.55 So Mi Dar 11-10 impressed the first time I saw her and has won on softish ground and first time out NR

3.30 Exemplar 9-1 - ~I~ know I shouldn't as many with better form and O brien has had a couple of Derby hopes well beaten. However I feel this must have shown him something over winter as form not really good enough for this entry
    KNEW I WAS ON LOSER FROM INTERVIEW BEFORE HAND

Had ew saver on Forest Ranger 14-1 told Fahey hasn't got another horse that can live with it on the gallops at mo. LOST
    DOESNT BODE WELL FOR RIBCHESTER ON SATURDAY
    CRACKSMAN FOR THE DERBY NOW

4.05 Another Touch 11-1 form of Bankseas's race at Newbury worked out well so far and this horse 2nd and should like softer ground better. 4TH
    Saver on
    Victory Bond 10-1 - Haggas, has won first time out, lightly raced , gelded since last run and has won on good to soft 3RD
    ANOTHER BALDING WINNER
    4.35 Ardad 9-4 -More Abbay form and won on soft ground first time last year LOST AND NOT EVEN BEATEN BY FAV ANOTHER 20-1 O'MEARA HORSE LOOKED IMPRESSIVE

5.05 VJ Day- 9-2 Kevin Ryan like to put out good 2 year olds here and lets hope this is one BACKED INTO FAV BUT ON WRONG SIDE AND STAYED THERE TO BE WELL BEATEN.SPENCER DIDNT LEARN FROM LAST RACE. STANDS SIDE SO MUCH SLOWER THAN MIDDLE

5.35 Grumeti 15-2 - 2mile winner , soft going no problem to this hurdler. Saver forecast Graceland to beat him

WITH BALDING IN SUCH GOOD FORM JUST HAD A BET ON BINGO GEORGE 7-1 5.25 SALISBURY

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Good luck for tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    I had a little e/w bet on this too..... Glad SKY paid 5 places
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    i blame whoever made it 10-1 :), the extra places helped me break even yesterday, i did have a 25-1 shot 4th. 

will be doing the DUKE OF FIRENZE, it defo is the class horse in the race plus ill try find a bigger price to take advantage of the extra plces.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Friday at York

2.20 - Daddies Girl - 12-1 - won well last time and trainer got the winner of the first race Wednesday 5th

2.55 - On Her Toes - 4-1 - Still banging on about Haggas at York, 5 horses this year 2 winners, 3 placed, lets hope I actually get one of the winners and not the place this time 2nd and done by Ryan Moore guessing wrong on what the other jocks will do . Thoght he would get run on stands side and two came right across him and took his ground so couldn't make effort when he wanted. unlucky loser , watch next time out.

3.30 -Simple Verse- 9-2 - has won on soft and Ledger wimner so will have stamina lets hope she has the class 2ND Ryan Moore then gives Dartmouth a terrific ride to nab mine on the line.

4.05 - Soldier in Action 16-1 - goes on the ground and goes 1010 so hopefully a one tomorrow NOWHERE WINNER LORD YEATS ONE TO FOLLOW

4.35 - Nouvelli Dancer-16-1 - has done well on soft and trainer going well NOWHERE

5.05 - Savannahs Dream 10-1 - O meara getting winners and this horse has won on soft 5th Stablemate won it !!!!

5.35 - Nordic Combined- 14-1 - Won well on soft last time out albeit in September nowhere
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    and at Newbury 2.35

Exceed the Limit 9-1 nowher as Blaine bounced back after 210 days off under Frankie at 25-1

late bet on 3.05 Multigifted 10-1 WINNER

NEWMARKET 3.20  MR RED CLUBS 14-1 3RD

NEWBURY 4.15 Nathan 5-1
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Back to the ratings

iiii - 3.30 Newbury - Galileo Gold - 7-2 - Owner sponsoring the card and this horse beat the fav twice early in the season last year and went off the boil late on. Sure trainer will have him tip top for this and represents value. Boiled over not the horse he was LOST

iii- 2.20 Newbury - PERFECT ANGEL = 7-2 - Trainer in form and she gets fillies allowance Nowhere sprint kning Cowell gets the winner

ii- 2.10 Thirsk - Lucky Beggar- 7-2 -Trainer also in form amd this wo well last time 2nd lost way after two furlongs then ran on well

I - 3.15 Newmarket- Ekhtiyaar 4-1 WINNER NICELY AS HE GOT BLOCKED JUST OVER A FURLONG OUT

Also fancy

1.50 Newbury- Chemical Charge 5-1 not good enough after all for this class and class horses fit to run
    2.55 Newbury - Mucho Applause 7-2 2nd  with small saver  Count Calabash 12-1 nowhere
    4.40 Newbury - Aljezeera 3-1 NOWHERE

Newmarket
    2.05 Lashla 7-2 LOST
    2.40 Masham Star 10-1 NOWHERE squeezed in dip but didn't mak that much difference
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Good luck for today.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    up to 49 points up
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I do hope you will keep posting Mr V.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Well it looks a really tough day tomorrow.
    But here goes

iiii - 4.20 Goodwood - TOP TUG 9-2 - Second to Frontiersman last time who beat Big Country easily in that race and he one of mine to follow this season. Hopefully BC ran to form just wrong distance. TopTug and Frontiersman obviously liked and hoping top Tug can go one better today. WINNER BEAUTIFULLY RIDDEN BY ATZENI

iii - 3.50 York - RASHEEQ 14-1 -  This warrants three candle rating as off for a long time and then finished 2nd to duke of Firenze on hi return. Trainer in form although he has another horse in the race. 20-1 2ND , BUG GER THE STABLEMAT BEAT IT, SHOULD HAVE HAD FORECAST.ONE TO FOLLOW

ii - 4.05 Haydock- GOLDREAM 9-1 - Spring King Cowell and this horse won a number of good races iin 2015, showed return to form in Palace House last time behind Marsha. 10-1 2ND GOT BUMPED COMING OUT OF THE STALLS AND LAST , FINISHED WELL JUST COULDNT CATCH WINNER. Saver on Take Cover

I- 2.35 Goodwood - MADELINE 11-2 = WINNER one of only two horses in the field with experience and this finished 5th over 5f, should like up in trip, 3rd in its first race has won since and trainer in goof form. worrying he is drifting in betting. falling in love with Varian, horse backed down to 7-2 on the day

other fancies
    YORK
    2.10 Golden Stunner 8-1 WON very nicely
    2.40 Clever cookie -11-2 an old favourite. Lost. Spooked by thunder or force of old, only time will tell 
    3.15  DANCE KING 11-2 - Hoping another star of 2015 has got back to his best, close second last time. 4th what did I say for the Dante festival, follow Haggas, did i get one of his winners that week no just places , one of those Theydon Grey who beat mine today !!!!!!!! following Haggas winner in race before !!!!! When I learn !!!!!

GOODWOOD
    2.00 BERKSHIRE-10-1 - Lost Another favourite of mine and if well will go close. unfortunately he has had problems and not helped by being a big horse asked to run round Chester and now Goodwaood.TULLIUS 8-1 more realistic. Lost. Mosse having a ball on his odd rides in this country
    3.10 -TOWN CHARTER  14-1 - likely improver and trainer loves Goodwood, only prob he has three in this race. Your guess is as good as mine on which one is best. Hoping this one is. Afraid of Horrob and will have him in forecast. LOST -Wrong Johnson horse won  although mine got completely unbalanced two out
    3.45 SECOND STEP 5-2 WINNER AND AT A LOVELY 7-2, GOT A BIT OF 4-1 AS WELL

HAYDOCK
    2.20 SWASHBUCKLE 6-1 Losing confidence with Oisin Murphy,(Simple Verse and Chemical charge),  we seem not to have luck together. Probably wouldnt have won but another horse continually took his ground about 2 furlongs out and he had to let this horse come home in his own time.
    2.55 MUSTARRID 7-1 LOST after being backed into favourite.Jim crowley and I both picked wrong horse
    3.30 SECOND THOUGHT 5-1 2nd backed Haggas this time, that got him beat
    4.35 FLORIDA TIMES 12-1 NR replaced with GRAVITY FLOW LOST I can mess Haggas up!!!

good day with my biggest bet for a long time on CHURCHILL 4-9 to win Irish 2000 -EASILY how did they let it start at that price
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Well it looks a really tough day tomorrow. But here goes iiii - 4.20 Goodwood - TOP TUG 9-2 - Second to Frontiersman last time who beat Big Country easily in that race and he one of mine to follow this season. Hopefully BC ran to form just wrong distance. TopTug and Frontiersman obviously liked and hoping top Tug can go one better today. iii - 3.50 York - RASHEEQ 14-1 -  This warrants three candle rating as off for a long time and then finished 2nd to duke of Firenze on hi return. Trainer in form although he has another horse in the race.  ii - 4.05 Haydock- GOLDREAM 9-1 - Spring King Cowell and this horse won a number of good races iin 2015, showed return to form in Palace House last time behind Marsha. Saver on Take Cover I- 2.35 Goodwood - MADELINE 11-2 = one of only two horses in the field with experience and this finished 5th over 5f, should like up in trip, 3rd in its first race has won since and trainer in goof form. worrying he is drifting in betting other fancies YORK 2.10 Golden Stunner 8-1 2.40 Clever cookie -11-2 an old favourite 3.15  DANCE KING 11-2 - Hoping another star of 2015 has got back to his best, close second last time GOODWOOD 2.00 BERKSHIRE-10-1 - Another favourite of mine and if well will go close. unfortunately he has had problems and not helped by being a big horse asked to run round Chester and now Goodwaood 3.10 -TOWN CHARTER  14-1 - likely improver and trainer loves Goodwood, only prob he has three in this race. Your guess is as good as mine on which one is best. Hoping this one is. Afraid of Horrob and will have him in forecast 3.45 SECOND STEP 5-2 HAYDOCK 2.20 SWASHBUCKLE 6-1 2.55 MUSTARRID 7-1 3.30 SECOND THOUGHT 5-1 4.35 FLORIDA TIMES 12-1
    Posted by vaigret
    Good Luck M8
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced : Good Luck M8
    Posted by wynne1938
    and to you think we will need it tomoz
  • Options
    edited May 2017

What looked like a difficult day finished pretty good.

2 winners and 2 big priced seconds for my ratings which continue to show a profit over five years (ok missed a couple of years whilst I was on boat) and now

57 points up

Also winners at 8-1 and 7-2 and Churchill -  never in doubt

Always a downside for me though

just missed out on place fourfold and didn't have any of the winners together in any of my double and treble bets. all due to my aversion to races of less than 8 runners and Ew