You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Well done
    I got a little yankee up
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced:
    Well done I got a little yankee up
    Posted by wynne1938
    well done.  
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Hope my followers did this today ii- Days of Heaven 7-2 2.05 K - 2 from 2 at Kempton and has run his last two races in top class USA jumps meetings Trainer in form. WOW winner at 4-1 and loved the course and ground, needs to be followed Won again at 3-1 at Stratford today, couldn't believe the price should have been 6-4 at least. Won by 3 lengths and still reckon more to come gave weight and a beating to Yorkist
    Posted by vaigret
    Even better today won a better class race at 4-1 again giveaway price
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    WP I was on it too Mr V. We both Napped it today.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    WP I was on it too Mr V. We both Napped it today.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Yes is a class horse and will go further, at least back until it loses .

Well done on naps today
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    iiii- 3.45 epsom-DUKE OF FIRENZE 9-1 3rd

iii- 4.30 Epsom - CRACKSMAN 5-1 3rd

ii - 3.10 Epsom - OH THIS IS US 10-3 3rd but no place as not enough runners

I - 2.35 Epsom - TISBUTADREAM 22-1 3rd
  • Options
    edited June 2017
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Good Luck with your bets today Father V. 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Good Luck with your bets today Father V. 
    Posted by SP_SP
    thanks mate and you wynne

Lots of 3rds today and back to 53 points up
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Here we go

iiii - 4.20 Chester - ST MARYS 11-4 -WON a C&D apprentice race impressively last time and although 5lb higher Hopefully he is better than that LAST,  SORRY PEEPS AS I SAID OISIN MURPHY AND I DONT GET ON, PUT IT OUT WIDE AND MUST HAVE RUN A FURLONG LONGER THAN THE REST. OH FOR THE APPRENTICE WHO RODE IT LAST TIME

iii- 3.40 Newmarket - LORD YEATS 9-1 ok not as good as his namestake but won by 6 lengths in good York race NR

ii- 4.05 Haydock - BRETON ROCK 9-4  ran a great race behind ribchester last time and never runs a bad race. 3 time group winner 5TH

I - 5.25 Newmarket - BERKSHIRE 10-1 now fitted with cheekpeices and at last back at a straight course. hoping back to best LED FOR MOST OF THE WAY AND FADED FAST LOSER

Other selections

Haydock

2.20 PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH 9-2 WINNER 5-1 AND EASILY AFTER GETING BLOCKED EARLY ON ONE TO FOLLOW
     2.55 HANDSOME DUDE 6-1 WINNER AND LOVELY PRICE AT 8-1
    3.30 AJMAN PRINCESS 2-1 11-4 3rd and well beaten
    worried re ground for Ajman so little saver on Island Remede 20-1 loser

NEWMARKET

2.30 TOWN CHARTER 33-1 3RD AND BACKED EW
    3.05 SPRING LOADED 9-1 LOST OUT TO 14-1

CHESTER
    3.10 KHAMAARY 2-1 NR
    5.30 STORM KING 9-2 NR

BEVERLEY 2.40 CARDSHARP 13-8 WINNER
    BEVERLEY 3.15 MAGGIES ANGEL 9-2 2ND

CATTERICK 4.00 DUKE OF SONNING 50-1 LOST

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Good luc k for tomorrow.
    Feeling lucky.
    Are you going to do your virtual Jackpot?

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Good luc k for tomorrow. Feeling lucky. Are you going to do your virtual Jackpot?
    Posted by wynne1938
    Only do it when the syndicate does theirs as I try to use peoples removers and naps so Graham can get an alternative for his. 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Good luck today Father V
  • Options
    edited June 2017
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    started with some non runners and winners before my ratings started and lost

back to 50 points up
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Todays ratings come with a warning. If I have got the form right we might have 3 sprint winners if not we are in trouble.

iiii - 2.40 Sandown - Copper Knight - 4-1 -Won both last twice nicely beating satblemate Rasheeq last time. Hoping still on upgrade. 3RD after snatched up but wouldn't have made any difference, BATTASH VERY GOOD

iii - 2.55 York - Golden Stunner 8-1 - Won over a mile three times and ran nicely over 7 f here last time for nice win.Thats not a good sign, my jockey and Trainer have split up this am. 2ND Now am I am not a jockey but why do they change hands just before line, Wonder if Mr Berry wanted to teach Mr Beckett a lesson !!!!

ii- 3.10 Musselbrough - Duke of Frirenze - 6-1 - Good effort coming late last time on a course which is hard to come from behind at at 5f, this should suit better. NOWHERE went for a gap which wasn't there 2 furlongs out so no chance

I - 2.05 Musselbrough - Raheeq- 5-1 - finished well twice to just get beaten by Duke of Firenze and Copper Knight. Hoping draw ok. Never got into race after problems 5th

others

2.35 Muss -Khamaary 11-10

York 

1.50 MUKAYYAM 11-2  2nd Masterpaver stopped his run and made the run from the back difficult.
    2.20 REPUTAION 10-1 just realised 7f might not be ideal. bit late that NOWHERE
    WITH A little saver on ABOVE THE REST 14-1 4TH
    3.30 DINEELSFLYER 8-1 with forecast with EKTIYAAR 4-1 NOWHERE AND NOWHERE
    4.05 HANSEATIC 13-2 nowhere

3.50 SANDOWN -TAURIAN STAR 8-1 NOWHERE
    5.35 sANDOWN -COOL SKY 16-1

CANT TRUST TRAINERS. FAHEY ASKED WHAT HIS BEST CHANCE OF A WINNER IS TODAY. KNOWING GLANCE HE SAYS , WHAT A SURPRISE,  INTERNATIONAL MAN , HIS OTHER HORSE WINS IT EASY. !!!!!

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Hi Mr V good luck tomorrow.

Do you have an opinion on Zambezi Queen in the 4.45 at Bath?

I was on her for her last race where she romped away with it, even having had to cross the track from a bad draw.

12lb sounds a large penalty but at 9/4 I am planning to reinvest.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Hi Mr V good luck tomorrow. Do you have an opinion on Zambezi Queen in the 4.45 at Bath? I was on her for her last race where she romped away with it, even having had to cross the track from a bad draw. 12lb sounds a large penalty but at 9/4 I am planning to reinvest.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Certainly won well last time and wouldn't put you off it, could well be improving ahead of handicapper. only problem is the second has ran some stinkers lately, however the distance it was beaten enough to put the form in doubt anyway. Go for t

and thanks for the best wishes
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I had backed her at 9/4 and was going to check the market before deciding whether to add more.

All irrelevant now as she has been withdrawn.

A bit worrying really as she has been entered and withdrawn a number of times now since that win.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I had backed her at 9/4 and was going to check the market before deciding whether to add more. All irrelevant now as she has been withdrawn. A bit worrying really as she has been entered and withdrawn a number of times now since that win.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Don't worry that is a good sign, they are trying to make sure they enter it when it wins. They want optimum conditions
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    down to 46 points up
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Well after a pretty horrendous Royal Ascot ok couple of favourite winners and a nice 20-1 winner of the last on Friday and a couple of bad weeks on the ratings I need to pull my socks up.

Have gone far and wide for tomorrow.

iiii- 5.35 Ascot - THOMAS HOBSON 11-4 - Impressive winner of the Ascot stakes the other day and this trainer knows how to do that race this race double after succeeding with Simenon. Hopefully I haven't got on the bandwagon too late. See one star rating below. 2ND HIT FRONT A BIT TO SOON WELL DONE WINNER

iii - 4.50 Ayr -  ORVAR 11-4 - as you know one of my favourite trainers in sprint king Robert Cowell who has took a number of horses up here despite there being suitable races at Newmarket. This one came third on unfavoured soft ground behind improver when last seen and should go very well here. already BACKED IN FROM 7-2 3RD BUT ONE WOULDNT GO IN STALLS SO NO PLACE MONEY !!!!

ii- 2.55 Ayr - DANCE KING 7-4 - Ran superbly last time behind a horse that I think might win Cambridgeshire later in season Big Country and if he runs anywhere like the York form he will win this easily LOST, ABSOLUTELY CRIPPLED BY ANOTHER HORSE AS HE WENT TO MAKE RUN

I - 5.20 Newmarket - MESHARDAL 5-1 - Now I have been watching this horse win all over the place and kicking myself for not backing it. You watch it lose now I have jumped on the bandwagon. Should still be improving, down the bottom of weights and should like uphill finish Already backed in from 8-1 3RD AND YOU CAN KICK ME NOW MISTY

other horses done

4.10 ayr COSMOPOLITAN GIRL 14-1 LOST FELL OUT OF STALLS

NEWMARKET 4.40 ALWAYS AMAZING 3-1 3RD OF 5

ASCOT
    2.30 NYALETI 10-1 2nd RAN A COURAGEOUS RACE AND GOT THE FORECAST WITH SEPTEMBER
    3.05 KIDMNEVER 11-2 3rd ran about a bit
    With small saver on Elbereth 11-1 nowhere
    3.40 WINGS OF DESIRE 6-1 LOST
    with small saver On My Dream Boat 14-1 NR MY OLD MATE CHEMICAL CHARGE RAN A CRACKER AND UNLUCKY
    4.20 LIMATO 5-2 3RD INTERFERED WITH BY WINNER AT LEAST IF NOT SECOND AS WELL.
    with small saver on Dancing Star 20-1 LOSER
    5.00 OUTBACK TRAVELLER 8-1 LOSER
    with small saver Duke of Firenze 33-1 LOSER
    5.35 Saver on Qewy 6-1 4TH
  • Options
    edited June 2017
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Good luck
    Posted by wynne1938
    thanks mate, I am hoping some of your skill this week will rub off on me tomoz
  • Options
    edited June 2017
     5.20 Newmarket - MESHARDAL 5-1 - Now I have been watching this horse win all over the place and kicking myself for not backing it. You watch it lose now I have jumped on the bandwagon. Should still be improving, down the bottom of weights and should like uphill finish Already backed in from 8-1 
    Posted by vaigret

There is the saying "If you haven't been to 'the WEDDING'..... don't attend 'THE FUNERAL' .....  

... but against that, there are horses like GOSSIPING that do keep on improving and winning.... and I have seen BLACK come up 15 times 'on trot' on Roulette wheel !!!

GOOD LUCK mate

• Options
    edited June 2017
    GL Mr V

I was on Thomas Hobson earlier in the week but I am on your saver Qewy today.

I probably should stay loyal but feel the value is with Qewy coming in fresh.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced :  5.20 Newmarket - MESHARDAL 5-1 - Now I have been watching this horse win all over the place and kicking myself for not backing it. You watch it lose now I have jumped on the bandwagon. Should still be improving, down the bottom of weights and should like uphill finish Already backed in from 8-1   Posted by vaigret
    There is the saying "If you haven't been to 'the WEDDING'..... don't attend 'THE FUNERAL' .....   ... but against that, there are horses like GOSSIPING that do keep on improving and winning.... and I have seen BLACK come up 15 times 'on trot' on Roulette wheel !!! GOOD LUCK mate
    Posted by MISTY4ME

exactly mate, my finger hovered over it last time to bet and kicking myself for not, you can kick me this time if it loses LOL

Phantom good luck
  • Options
    edited June 2017
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    DOWN TO 42 POINTS UP
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    ii- 2.55 Ayr - DANCE KING 7-4 - Ran superbly last time behind a horse that I think might win Cambridgeshire later in season Big Country and if he runs anywhere like the York form he will win this easily LOST, ABSOLUTELY CRIPPLED BY ANOTHER HORSE AS HE WENT TO MAKE RUN

CLEAR RUN TODAY  THANK GOODNESS