You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Top of the Posts!

Comments

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts!:
    I am just following the rules a set out by sky. If you want the same 6 to win every month fine.
    Posted by belsibub
    What rules? Have they said the same person isn't allowed to win 2 months in a row? I know tone isn't always easy to read in text so wanna point out, I'm not being funny with you, that's a genuine question, I dunno what rules you mean.

I don't necessarily want the same 6 people to win every month but how is it fair if someone makes non stop fantastic input to not be given a place over someone who made 1 half decent post all month, just cos the first person won it last month?
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : What rules? Have they said the same person isn't allowed to win 2 months in a row? I know tone isn't always easy to read in text so wanna point out, I'm not being funny with you, that's a genuine question, I dunno what rules you mean. I don't necessarily want the same 6 people to win every month but how is it fair if someone makes non stop fantastic input to not be given a place over someone who made 1 half decent post all month, just cos the first person won it last month?
    Posted by Lambert180
    First: 4/1/2012
    Last: 24/6/2013
    I think those of us chosen should be excluded for a couple of months to ensure the places get shared around.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

Yeah, as it stands, we have agreed that there will be a month 'cooldown' period on each of you so no one can win a seat two months in a row.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : What rules? Have they said the same person isn't allowed to win 2 months in a row? I know tone isn't always easy to read in text so wanna point out, I'm not being funny with you, that's a genuine question, I dunno what rules you mean. I don't necessarily want the same 6 people to win every month but how is it fair if someone makes non stop fantastic input to not be given a place over someone who made 1 half decent post all month, just cos the first person won it last month?
    Posted by Lambert180
    You would argue left is right up is down and probably with your own shadow if it looked at you sideways.
    Not in the mood.Ignore my picks won't bother from now on. 
  • edited June 2013
    Fair enough, didn't realise/forgot they were the rules. I said I'm not trying to start an arguement, was just my opinion, but yeah didn't know there was that rule in place.

Obv all votes are important
  • edited June 2013
    Hasn't this thread got a little bit silly?

I thought it was originally set up to reward quality posts, not quantity!

It does appear to be an elite club for the same players, which is fine I have no problem with that.

but

Every Penfifteen and Joesman post I've read have been pure quality
    yet they only seem to be selected as reserves for the elite team.

Come on Sam ditch the first team lets have Penfifteen, Joesman and Paige55 because of her love / hate posts, in this months final of top of the posts

Of course FCHD has to be in there for his WSOP posts automatically!
  • edited June 2013
    Aaaawww! So many people saying nice things about me! - The fools. lol

Anyway, I'd like to see Harry get a chance sometime soon. He's been writing some good stuff in the clinic while I've been lurking and not posting so much. By Harry, I mean hhyftdrftdr. It's something like that anyway. You can see why I call him Harry.

When it comes to the criteria of who should be given seats in this, I don't think it should be the same guys every time but I don't think anyone should get in for just a few posts either. There are perhaps 30-40 posters on this forum who, I would estimate, account for 70%+ of the content. These guys are more deserving of reward than someone who says something funny every so often. It's these guys that make the forum worth using.

I don't generally suggest lots of people for TOTP because there are usually obvious candidates who've done a lot in the month. I just want to highlight Harry because he might be a bit under the radar.
  • edited June 2013
    Aaaawww! So many people saying nice things about me! - The fools. lol Anyway, I'd like to see Harry get a chance sometime soon. He's been writing some good stuff in the clinic while I've been lurking and not posting so much. By Harry, I mean hhyftdrftdr . It's something like that anyway. You can see why I call him Harry. When it comes to the criteria of who should be given seats in this, I don't think it should be the same guys every time but I don't think anyone should get in for just a few posts either. There are perhaps 30-40 posters on this forum who, I would estimate, account for 70%+ of the content. These guys are more deserving of reward than someone who says something funny every so often. It's these guys that make the forum worth using. I don't generally suggest lots of people for TOTP because there are usually obvious candidates who've done a lot in the month. I just want to highlight Harry because he might be a bit under the radar.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    My last word on the matter I followed the criteria set out by sky.If they want to change it fine.If you want to suggest changes suggest them.As is all's fare.....

So at the end of this month, we will take the top 6 posts/threads/posters from across the entire forum and enter them into the tournament.
  • edited June 2013
    lol i would say all nominations are valid,

And clearly a lot more than 6 would be more than worthy to be seleceted
  • edited June 2013
    Aaaawww! So many people saying nice things about me! - The fools. lol Anyway, I'd like to see Harry get a chance sometime soon. He's been writing some good stuff in the clinic while I've been lurking and not posting so much. By Harry, I mean hhyftdrftdr . It's something like that anyway. You can see why I call him Harry. When it comes to the criteria of who should be given seats in this, I don't think it should be the same guys every time but I don't think anyone should get in for just a few posts either. There are perhaps 30-40 posters on this forum who, I would estimate, account for 70%+ of the content. These guys are more deserving of reward than someone who says something funny every so often. It's these guys that make the forum worth using. I don't generally suggest lots of people for TOTP because there are usually obvious candidates who've done a lot in the month. I just want to highlight Harry because he might be a bit under the radar.
    Posted by BorinLoner

Surely its not the % of content, its the quality that matters.
    There are a number who appear to post for the sake of posting
    You could have a separate award for the top of the leaving posts if you go by quantity!
    There are significantly more than 30/40 who make valid contributions to the forum but they think deeply about the topics and create one post rather than many posts. 
    Tommy D is the greatest exponent of this, he thinks carefully before covering all bases not too dissimilar to yourself who also writes posts, that are succinct but comprehensive.
    Some of us aren't that talented when it comes to making our contribution in words, but it doesn't mean we are not worthy members of the forum.
    I put forward penfifteen not just for his humour but also because he takes part in a lot of the forum events, and although many of his comments are light hearted his knowledge and experience are poignant to the topics under discussion.
    At the end of the day, am I not entitled to voice my opinion as to who I think deserves nomination? isn't that what a forum is supposed to promote?
  • edited June 2013

In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : Surely its not the % of content, its the quality that matters. There are a number who appear to post for the sake of posting You could have a separate award for the top of the leaving posts if you go by quantity! There are significantly more than 30/40 who make valid contributions to the forum but they think deeply about the topics and create one post rather than many posts.  Tommy D is the greatest exponent of this, he thinks carefully before covering all bases not too dissimilar to yourself who also writes posts, that are succinct but comprehensive. Some of us aren't that talented when it comes to making our contribution in words, but it doesn't mean we are not worthy members of the forum. I put forward penfifteen not just for his humour but also because he takes part in a lot of the forum events, and although many of his comments are light hearted his knowledge and experience are poignant to the topics under discussion. At the end of the day, am I not entitled to voice my opinion as to who I think deserves nomination? isn't that what a forum is supposed to promote?
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    Nominate whoever you like. I don't think many bad nominations are made here, though it has happened occasionally. In the end, I don't really care who plays in this as it makes no difference to me.

The only point I'm making is that someone making a couple of posts in a month, taking five or ten minutes is not working as hard as someone who spends ten hours or more trying to help people out or organising competitions or whatever.

Is quality important? Of course it is. But quality and quantity are not mutually exclusive. Nobody is suggesting constant moaning should be rewarded, but multiple high-quality posts should be rewarded over a single post.

Let's take Lambert as an example. If he writes one thousand excellent posts this year, while JohnDoe posts five excellent times, would you think it reasonable that they both receive the same reward from this competition over the year? I would suggest not.

Surely we want to be rewarding effort here. Does that really mean seats should be handed out equally if not all contributors are equal?
  • edited June 2013
    An easy way to solve this would be to have you, the community, nominate anyone you like and then open the vote up to you all and reward the 6 with the most votes tournament seats.

How does this sound?

Please try and keep the thread friendly! That is the whole point of the competition after all: encourage positivity and constructive posting throughout the forum!

P.S This month's winners will be announced on Monday and the tournament will run on Tuesday at the usual time.

Sam.
  • edited June 2013
    Eurovision comes to mind with a vote.Not good idear imo.
  • edited June 2013
    Eurovision comes to mind with a vote.Not good idear imo.
    Posted by belsibub
    This.

It might leave certain people feeling a little bit put out, as well. Nobody likes being shown that they're not very popular.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : This. It might leave certain people feeling a little bit put out, as well. Nobody likes being shown that they're not very popular.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Come on BL you might get a vote or two, if only the sympathy votes.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : This. It might leave certain people feeling a little bit put out, as well. Nobody likes being shown that they're not very popular.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    It's all right i now that anyway ;-)
  • edited June 2013
    OK HERE WE GO,TOMMYD, THE DON90, LAMBERT180, NOSEYBONK, belsibub,rancid,FLASHJONNY,GREGHOGG, MAXALLY,HITMANRV,MP33,IRISHROSE,TRIPS5,POKERTREV,DUNMIDOSH,Borinloner,AND PAIGE55
  • edited June 2013
    OK HERE WE GO,TOMMYD, THE DON90, LAMBERT180, NOSEYBONK, belsibub,rancid,FLASHJONNY,GREGHOGG, MAXALLY,HITMANRV,MP33,IRISHROSE,TRIPS5,POKERTREV,DUNMIDOSH,Borinloner,AND PAIGE55
    Posted by paige55
    Some great shouts in there, i second this post. 
  • edited June 2013
    Let the public decide lol Great idea, should be a vote for sure
  • edited July 2013
    Here we go then, winners for June!

FCHD
    Waller02
    splashies
    TommyD
    robbie1992
    penfifteen

Remember the tournament is tomorrow at 9.30pm, you've all been registered so all you have to do is turn up and play!

We're still debating the community voting idea so will update this thread when we have reached a decision!

• edited July 2013

Congrats all.

Latest odds on Sky Bet....

Waller02 - 3/1   (he must turn that BR around soon)
    TommyD - 5/1   (If he wins, expect a diary update!)
    FCHD     -  7/1   (He can update this one on the WSOP thread!)
    Splashies - 7/1  (Solid player who will win this if he wins some flips)
    Robbie1992 7/1 (Yet another diary entry with his bad beat exit hand no doubt)
    Penfifteen - 100/1 (He will be put off by the TKP rail team!)

GOOD LUCK ALL!
  • edited July 2013
    Congrats all and GL!
  • edited July 2013
    Thanks for the pick Sam, and this is for everyone who posts on the golf thread (Not literally FOR everyone, as I'm keeping the moneyz :D)
  • edited July 2013
    good luck all,but my money is on TommyD to win :):):)xxx
  • edited July 2013
    Congrats all. Latest odds on Sky Bet.... Waller02 - 3/1   (he must turn that BR around soon) TommyD - 5/1   (If he wins, expect a diary update!) FCHD     -  7/1   (He can update this one on the WSOP thread!) Splashies - 7/1  (Solid player who will win this if he wins some flips) Robbie1992 7/1 (Yet another diary entry with his bad beat exit hand no doubt) Penfifteen - 100/1 (He will be put off by the TKP rail team!) GOOD LUCK ALL!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Easy money! couple of quid invested on himself and he'll be at the next DTD!

Good luck all! You all deserve to be in it!
  • edited July 2013
    Thanks for the pick......Gl all!

I may even celebrate by playing the DTD tonight. My BR can't afford it but I now have an easy 50 quid tomorrow ;)...........fighting talk! tommy who?????
  • edited July 2013
    Here we go then, winners for June! FCHD Waller02 splashies TommyD robbie1992 penfifteen Remember the tournament is tomorrow at 9.30pm, you've all been registered so all you have to do is turn up and play! We're still debating the community voting idea so will update this thread when we have reached a decision!
    Posted by Sky_Sam
    It says 9pm in the lobby....which one is correct please?
  • edited July 2013
    Congrats and GL everyone
  • edited July 2013
    Well done to all picked,

Good luck to you and enjoy the game
  • edited July 2013
    Congrats and GL everyone
    Posted by MP33
    Next month for you, I'm sure.

Good luck everyone..
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : Next month for you, I'm sure. Good luck everyone..
    Posted by BorinLoner
    +1 will be getting my vote. Will be honest, I only started reading your diary since I saw it mentioned here but it is a great read with some excellent progress being made.