You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Top of the Posts!

Comments

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts!:
    Congrats all. Latest odds on Sky Bet.... Waller02 - 3/1   (he must turn that BR around soon) TommyD - 5/1   (If he wins, expect a diary update!) FCHD     -  7/1   (He can update this one on the WSOP thread!) Splashies - 7/1  (Solid player who will win this if he wins some flips) Robbie1992 7/1 (Yet another diary entry with his bad beat exit hand no doubt) Penfifteen - 100/1 (He will be put off by the TKP rail team!) GOOD LUCK ALL!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    U would soon be a broke bookie Alan. At your odds u could back all the runners and guarantee a profit.
  • edited July 2013
    Thank you for the picks guys.

Waller, after looking at Maxy's odds we might need to have a chat.  I can see an upset coming out of this, after I bet a chunk on each of the other guys' odds  ;)  Trying to fix a freeroll, how low can I go?

BTW, since Top of the posts started I made a conscious decision that if I ever was selected any money I got out of it would got to charity.  As this is a forum freeroll I can't think of a better choice than AceBarry's chosen one of Sheffield Shopmobilty.  Whatever I win will be going there.

Thanks again guys.
  • edited July 2013
    Thank you for the picks guys. Waller, after looking at Maxy's odds we might need to have a chat.  I can see an upset coming out of this, after I bet a chunk on each of the other guys' odds  ;)  Trying to fix a freeroll, how low can I go? BTW, since Top of the posts started I made a conscious decision that if I ever was selected any money I got out of it would got to charity.  As this is a forum freeroll I can't think of a better choice than AceBarry's chosen one of Sheffield Shopmobilty.  Whatever I win will be going there. Thanks again guys.
    Posted by TommyD
    VERY NICE TommyD,BEST WISHES TO YOU XXXX
  • edited July 2013
    Look tommy we can't deny the fact that maxy obviously recognises the true dangerman here, we'll finish this on the table!!  :)

On a serious note, very kind gesture. I'm not in a position to do the same, however I may have to let you win now (excuse out of the way)
  • edited July 2013
    Look tommy we can't deny the fact that maxy obviously recognises the true dangerman here, we'll finish this on the table!!  :) On a serious note, very kind gesture. I'm not in a position to do the same, however I may have to let you win now (excuse out of the way)
    Posted by waller02
    You misunderstand me Waller.  I'm saying we both bet £100 on each of the other 4 guys and then dump all of our chips to Pen.  ;)

Good luck man, see you tomorrow night!

Are those odds in play Maxy?
  • edited July 2013
    ahhhh I hear ya!!! Bit slow sometimes!!!

Yeah gl
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Top of the Posts!:
    Yes, you read it correctly. This is: Top of the POSTS! We're trying to encourage top quality posting in the Community over here at Sky Poker. We thought you guys might like this new promotion. We are offering YOU , the Sky Poker Community, a new incentive to contribute to our forums.  Enter: Top of the Posts: Each month, me and the rest of the Sky Poker team will be browsing the forums (as we do) and paying close attention to the best contributions of the month (or the most consistently good contributor). We will pick the member with the best/most consistent contributions from the following sub-forums and enter you into a £150 Guaranteed tournament which will take place on the last evening of each month. The payout will be staggered ( £50 , £30 , £25 , £20 ,  £15 , £10 ), so everyone takes home a slice of the prizepool! - The Poker Clinic - General Poker Chat - Team Talk - The Shed - Area 51 - The Punter's Corner I will keep this thread updated and on the 30th of each month I'll post the 6 best-contributers of the month will be entered and notified in this thread and via PM. The tournament will run on the 2nd of the following month. The first tournament will be on Sunday 2nd September. Hopefully we'll see an influx on new community members and increase in positive posting. So come on, join me and fight the trolls!
    Posted by Sky_Sam
  • edited July 2013

Thanks for the entry Sky - and thanks Dunmidosh for the nomination !

Your chips are always welcome Tommy - not too much vinegar though ;)

As for Alan's odds, I wouldn't stick a quid on myself at the price, not enough zero's by far !
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Top of the Posts!:
    Yes, you read it correctly. This is: Top of the POSTS! We're trying to encourage top quality posting in the Community over here at Sky Poker. We thought you guys might like this new promotion. We are offering YOU , the Sky Poker Community, a new incentive to contribute to our forums.  Enter: Top of the Posts: Each month, me and the rest of the Sky Poker team will be browsing the forums (as we do) and paying close attention to the best contributions of the month (or the most consistently good contributor). We will pick the member with the best/most consistent contributions from the following sub-forums and enter you into a £150 Guaranteed tournament which will take place on the last evening of each month. The payout will be staggered ( £50 , £30 , £25 , £20 ,  £15 , £10 ), so everyone takes home a slice of the prizepool! - The Poker Clinic - General Poker Chat - Team Talk - The Shed - Area 51 - The Punter's Corner I will keep this thread updated and on the 30th of each month I'll post the 6 best-contributers of the month will be entered and notified in this thread and via PM. The tournament will run on the 2nd of the following month. The first tournament will be on Sunday 2nd September. Hopefully we'll see an influx on new community members and increase in positive posting. So come on, join me and fight the trolls!
    Posted by Sky_Sam
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : You misunderstand me Waller.  I'm saying we both bet £100 on each of the other 4 guys and then dump all of our chips to Pen.  ;) Good luck man, see you tomorrow night! Are those odds in play Maxy?
    Posted by TommyD

They were put on this morning by Sky Bet. Unfortunately, they have been removed because of a whisper of some skulldukery   going ons which included pillars of the community colluding and fixing the result. No wonder this is the last one for a while. Hope you are proud of yourselves! :) 
  • edited July 2013
    Sorry, yes, 9pm is correct. Lobby knows better than I do :P
  • edited July 2013
    Cheers for the nomination and the seat, I appreciate it!
  • edited July 2013
    how can I enter the top of the post game?
  • edited July 2013
    how can I enter the top of the post game?
    Posted by dickfitz30
    After you've spoken to customer care about changing your hilarious alias, you can start posting on the forum. If you're helpful and contribute a lot, you might be given a seat in the SNG. It's not a random freeroll with a password.

It's all in the first post of this thread. Some of that information is out of date but the general idea is unchanged.
  • edited July 2013
    Updated - just for you, Borin! :-P
  • edited July 2013
    let me in a free game cos icant win in paying tornos

• edited July 2013
    Thanks for the seat again, saved my run good for it too :D

gg all
  • edited July 2013

Yep - Thanks for the seat - if only that Splashies person would stop hitting I might win ;) wp mate and gg all was a fun table to be at
  • edited July 2013
    Yep wp all, was a fun game.

Thanks to those who voted for me
  • edited July 2013
    I'd like to echo the above posts, thanks for everyone who nominated me, and I really enjoyed the game (except for getting a bad beat by Pen 15!)

I ended up in 5th for £15, which may not seem a lot to some of you but is actually my highest ever "cash" beating a £13.something I won on a mini Primo a few months ago.

One thing, though, for Sky - wouldn't it make sense to notify those players in the event that they actually have a seat? I don't frequent this thread normally - I assumed it related to "Top of The Pots" which is a subject I have zero interest in, and only by chance was I still logged in when the tournament popped up. If my last DYM of the evening had ended a couple of minutes earlier I would have been none the wiser until I queried tomorrow why my account balance had gone up!

Thanks again for the nominations, I will keep the WSOP thread going until the November Nine is set (of course including our hero Tikay)....
  • edited July 2013
    I'd like to echo the above posts, thanks for everyone who nominated me, and I really enjoyed the game (except for getting a bad beat by Pen 15!) I ended up in 5th for £15, which may not seem a lot to some of you but is actually my highest ever "cash" beating a £13.something I won on a mini Primo a few months ago. One thing, though, for Sky - wouldn't it make sense to notify those players in the event that they actually have a seat? I don't frequent this thread normally - I assumed it related to "Top of The Pots" which is a subject I have zero interest in, and only by chance was I still logged in when the tournament popped up. If my last DYM of the evening had ended a couple of minutes earlier I would have been none the wiser until I queried tomorrow why my account balance had gone up! Thanks again for the nominations, I will keep the WSOP thread going until the November Nine is set (of course including our hero Tikay)....
    Posted by FCHD
    "sitting out" has gained people 4th place positions before. All strategy lol
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : "sitting out" has gained people 4th place positions before. All strategy lol
    Posted by LARSON7
    It's got a couple of people third, actually.

I know since one of them outlasted me.
  • edited July 2013
    Outplayed you borin:P
  • edited July 2013
    I have to say, I railed the tournament and to be honest it displayed everything thats good about the forum!
    Skill, etiquette and banter!
    Well done Splashies for winning!
    You must have saved Maxally a fortune stopping the rag (penfifteen) from springing a 100/1 surprise! lol
  • edited July 2013
    I'll get the ball rolling..........

MP33 for his diary in The Rail
    Larson7 for his HU comp
  • edited July 2013

DTWBandit for his reslentless work done on organising and running the Monday night Forum game.

I would also like to nominate Dohhhhhh, for his diary and constructive posts on many forums.

Also the_don90 again for his diary and just always about the forum/community.

• edited July 2013
    I'd like to nominate Beaneh
    Love or loathe his comments
    He always tells things as he sees them
    But more than that, every time I've had a problem with my system within minutes he's explained  what to do!

• edited July 2013
    Scotty/Ryan for his WSOP Tikay update thread
  • edited July 2013

I nominate LARSON7 for his HU Thread Comp as he's put a lot of work into it
  • edited July 2013
    Scotty/Ryan for his WSOP Tikay update thread
    Posted y VespaPX
    I agree, but i'm not sure it would be allowed.
    But what a great idea to spice up top of the posts!
    What about the monthly winner being invited to play the presenter/analyst to halve or double their winnings
    with the hands shown on analyse my play on a live show?
    Beaneh v Ryan would be a great heads up to rail IMO