You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Top of the Posts!

Comments

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts!:
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : Don't be silly, well worthy of a spot! We all know the dubious selection and it ain't you Paige ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Please enlighten the rest of the community as to who the dubious selection was and why? You my friend are the very reason that I have stopped posting along with your other friend.  Sorry that your fun has now come to an end. Happy trolling.
  • edited November 2013
    why was paige nominated and entered too this? what topics has she started ? what has she done too gain entry too this?? just wondering as all i see from her on the forum is comments on other posts none started by her!! and why not share it about more always the same names nominating the same names!!!!! just my opinion
    Posted by SEPERABIT
    I didn,t nominate her this month. I didn,t nominate anyone as i,ve hardly been on myself but she always contributes towards my thread on the rail with lots of encouragement which you need sometimes when doing online diaries

WD Paige and GL for the game

EDIT : Just noticed you mentioned my name Seperabit as a canditate. Appreciate that but i,ve played in it twice already and agree with you that it should be spread around

RE-EDIT : I should read a full thread before i comment. WD on winning paige (didn,t realise it had already been played)
  • edited November 2013
    Hi TO EVERY ONE SORRY I DID NOT REPLY TO SOME OF YOU THAT RAILED ME,BUT MY CONCENTRATION LEVEL WAS SO HIGH,I never looked at the rail.so a very good game and peter27 thanks for a good hu game,:):):)xxx teddy thanks for posting the result,GWAN THE PAIGE XXX MADE ME LAUGH DID THAT :):)
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : Guess sky valued my posting however I have taken a back seat due to the unecessary jibes from a couple of people. Pointless me posting when I'm mocked.  People who do not share my view points that's all very well, that's what the forum is for, to give our opinions and to agree or disagree in a constructive manner. Oh and fwiw guys/girls, I would have played but did not know anything about it as I have been away from the forum for quite a while.  Congrats to Paige on winning it and I am sure it was an enjoyable game.
    Posted by DoubleAAA

Hi DoubleAAA 

There are no "rules" for entry - People can nominate and Sky make a decision - I don't see the point in anyone criticising selections. I like the fact that 3 of us nominated were new posters and a 4th was a first time entrant.

It is good that Sky are picking up on new posters - and rewarding long term contributors like Lambert and Slipwater.

I think you started off on the wrong foot with the tone of your postings not appropriate to the culture of the forum. Some had a go at you, I and a few others offered some constructive crticism which you seemed to take on board.

Differences of opinion on playing hands is why we use the poker clinic - it's the best way to learn, to test your way and get feedback.

Some criticism of you has overstepped the mark imo.

I felt harshly criticised on a couple of early posts but I kept going - I wouldnt say I feel like an accepted reg yet - that will take time and maybe even putting some faces to names at an SPT event which I hope to do next year.

All I can say to all is be polite at all times and be humble if you realise you have offended or given bad advice on a thread.

fwiw Peter and I found this thread after we were selected - the table appears in My tables and My account when registered - so we could have missed it too. 

Suggestion for Sky - email/text registrants? There is a tight window between selection and the event.

GL on the tables 

• edited November 2013
    @paige - you are a regular contributor and went through a nomination and selection process like the rest of us. Please play otherwise the bully wins. @seperabit - why bother with that post it's nasty and unnecessary - as someone who made just one post in October I hardly think you are qualified to comment.
    Posted by Phantom66

so you have too post 100s of silly little comments too be quailifed too make an observation!!!!!HHHMMMM
    i may not post or comment alot but that does not mean i do not read the forums!which i do on a dailly basis.
    what i wrote/asked is a fair and valid question.and i have still not been directed too 1 worthwhile blog or post by paige and as the name of the thread is top of the posts i was wondering where these top posts are???

and finally how was it nasty?? what did i say that was nasty in anyway??
  • edited November 2013
    Only just noticed that I got a nomination for my 4900+ rubbish posts! So cheers for that, JD!

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : Please enlighten the rest of the community as to who the dubious selection was and why? You my friend are the very reason that I have stopped posting along with your other friend.  Sorry that your fun has now come to an end. Happy trolling.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    Dubious selection? You.

Why? Because instead of offering advice, banter or seeking help, you seemed to prefer to antagonise the various regulars on here.

So long, you won't be missed.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : so you have too post 100s of silly little comments too be quailifed too make an observation!!!!! HHHMMMM i may not post or comment alot but that does not mean i do not read the forums!which i do on a dailly basis. what i wrote/asked is a fair and valid question.and i have still not been directed too 1 worthwhile blog or post by paige and as the name of the thread is top of the posts i was wondering where these top posts are??? and finally how was it nasty?? what did i say that was nasty in anyway??
    Posted by SEPERABIT
    True - anyone can make an observation - shame it wasn't a polite one and expressed against one specific individual.

This thread is open for everybody to nominate anyone who they feel contributes to the community.

Paige received nominations and the place from sky - should be end of.

I don't see any need to put additional rules in place on #posts started - type of posts etc - each to their own in terms of reading tastes.

Why was it nasty?

It was picking on an individual - Paige was obviously hurt by it and several others clearly thought it was out of order too.

If you can't see that reading your input back, then I guess there is nothing I can write that will change your view.

Feel sorry for Sky_Sam - meant to be a piece of fun for those who contribute to the forum and then entrants get stick and by implication the selectors.

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : Dubious selection? You. Why? Because instead of offering advice, banter or seeking help, you seemed to prefer to antagonise the various regulars on here. So long, you won't be missed.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    ...and just for consistency

I'll defend DoubleAAAs right to be nominated and selected.

I have already commented on his original style which I think did cause offence - DoubleAAA changed imo in response to feedback.

I believe his original nomination may have been "tongue in cheek". That backfired though and as another poster said DoubleAAA did start one of the hottest threads of the month.

Easy to get off the wrong foot if you are new to any community - humour doesn't always translate - one persons banter is another persons insult etc.

Hope he does carry on posting and we can all be adult in our response.

Clean slate and all that.

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : Dubious selection? You. Why? Because instead of offering advice, banter or seeking help, you seemed to prefer to antagonise the various regulars on here. So long, you won't be missed.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I posted when someone on the table berated me which at the time of posting I did not know that they were a regular on here or that they had ever posted on here.  That was cleared up and then when another poster mocked me at the tables and told me to post the hand, I complied.  But I felt that I offered plenty of good advice and created topics which were very good to analyse and debate.  You just seemed intent to troll your way through my threads, posts etc.  The actual people who were mentioned in those 2 threads, jac35 and will??? seem to be okay now and certainly did not carry it on.  Why yourself and your other pals seem intent on mocking every post I make is now beyond me.

Once this forum becomes moderated properly then I will return to posting.  For now I'll refrain from posting and read through the threads instead.

@Phantom thanks for the kind words and yes I did get off on the wrong foot (not intentionally) but as you said, it's gone too far now.
  • edited November 2013
    I enjoyed your clinic posts doubleAAA

Thought you were a good shout for totp.

Cheers, 
    TEDDY
  • edited November 2013
    Er... just noticed my nod for November. Thanks to everyone who suggested me, and, um....

How did I do in the tourney? :D
  • edited November 2013
    Er... just noticed my nod for November. Thanks to everyone who suggested me, and, um.... How did I do in the tourney? :D
    Posted by Slipwater
    Obviously, you finished ahead of Lambert :)
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : Obviously, you finished ahead of Lambert :)
    Posted by Jac35

that was a given tho 
  • edited November 2013
    Let's all remember the premise behind this competition, please. :-)
  • edited November 2013
    Sky_Sam you may not understand but the guy who spoke about my selection,Has broken my daft side,And i wish him well, i have no bad feelings against him,i wish you all the best Sky_Sam may top of the posts run for ever love trish xxx
    Posted by paige55
    Hi Paige. Dont let one person get to you. Your nomination was fully deserved. Now dont forget our talk about BR management,  or will we be seeing you at a £50 DYM shortly :-)
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : so you have too post 100s of silly little comments too be quailifed too make an observation!!!!! HHHMMMM i may not post or comment alot but that does not mean i do not read the forums!which i do on a dailly basis. what i wrote/asked is a fair and valid question.and i have still not been directed too 1 worthwhile blog or post by paige and as the name of the thread is top of the posts i was wondering where these top posts are??? and finally how was it nasty?? what did i say that was nasty in anyway??
    Posted by SEPERABIT
    Many excellent posts have not made the monthly tourney!
    If you do read the forum, or rail the Main Events, you will know Paige55's posts and comments are rays of sunshine and make people smile.
    A post, is after all an entry on a thread, So any comment qualifies for consideration.
    There are many forum regulars who think Paige more than deserved her place! why are you being so negative?
    Shouldn't you just enjoy your poker rather than berate others achievements?

• edited November 2013
    Let's all remember the premise behind this competition, please. :-)
    Posted by Sky_Sam
    Sky_Sam never forget about how your arrow can fly straight to a place into top of the posts and make someone so happy  :):):)
  • edited November 2013
    I know its early for nominations (would have forgotten by the month end lol) but if I may I would like to cast my 1st ever nomination for FCHD for his brilliant updates on the Main Event. Also his PA&T thread.
  • edited November 2013
    I know its early for nominations (would have forgotten by the month end lol) but if I may I would like to cast my 1st ever nomination for FCHD for his brilliant updates on the Main Event.
    Posted by a00rock

+1

Not sure if this guy has ever had a nomination yet, but one for BOXSTER please for is help on the Friday night orfordable League.

• edited November 2013

Copied from FCHD main event update thread.....

First: 20/5/2009
    Last: 6/11/2013

I don't know if there is still a "Top of the Posts" Competition, or how folks get nominated, but imo, FCHD deserves something for these Updates. He helped immensely in tghe WSOP earlier in the year, too.

It is people like FCHD (and many, many, others) who make a Forum what it is.
  • edited November 2013
    hi all i would like to nominate churchy18 ..he has been trying too get more involved in the forum always helpful at the tables .and always trys too answer any1s questions...also peter27 and larson7 for they,re diaries....what about tikay for his plo8 diarie can he be nominated???his diary has been good for the hi/lo players like myself ...cheers
    Posted by helan1981
    I am honoured that you would nominate me, thank you very much!

I second helan1981 in nominating Tikay though, his updates for UKOPS (which Sky did not ask him to do) we're simply fantastic! :-)
  • edited November 2013
    NoseyBonk please
  • edited November 2013

YES BOXSTER THINK HE ALSO HAS NEVER WON A PLACE

• edited November 2013
    AND helen1981 for nominating the great man that is Tikay :):)
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : +1 Not sure if this guy has ever had a nomination yet, but one for BOXSTER please for is help on the Friday night orfordable League.
    Posted by MAXALLY

Thank you for the nom and PokerTrev of course who organises the excellent Friday Night Orfy

• edited November 2013
    hi all i would like to nominate churchy18 ..he has been trying too get more involved in the forum always helpful at the tables .and always trys too answer any1s questions...also peter27 and larson7 for they,re diaries....what about tikay for his plo8 diarie can he be nominated???his diary has been good for the hi/lo players like myself ...cheers
    Posted by helan1981

ermm!!!!!  thanks for being nice about me but i don,t do much too merit it.

but agree about your other picks.and i would definetly nominate tikay always friendly and willing too answer any questions you ask him,and his diary has been great.don,t know if sky would do it but as there might be a few who would complain.
    what about mp33 and FCHD

• edited November 2013
    These guys do great work around the forum.... 

Boxster
    Larson7
    FCHD

• edited November 2013
    FCHD is a given i think. 

Will nominate more as the weeks go on, 

Hope BBmikes poker sudoku goes well as i think that deserves a nominationg if im honest
  • edited November 2013
    FCHD should be a lock this month, the poker abbreviations thread alone is worthy of a nomination.