You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Top of the Posts!

Comments

• edited January 2014
    I wanna put Lambert forward, for taking the time to write a very detailed and informative post - albeit very dry; hence the amusement from certain regulars on a Saturday night - about the ins and outs of bet sizing.
  • edited January 2014
    i vote craigcu12  for hes diary  and on how wellhes done acheiving hes goals and doing well with gd b/r discipling
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts!:
    I wanna put Lambert forward, for taking the time to write a very detailed and informative post - albeit very dry; hence the amusement from certain regulars on a Saturday night - about the ins and outs of bet sizing.
    Posted by Slipwater

I will also vote for Lambert180

Not just for the post that slipwater highlights but also for his daily input into the forum in general.

Def long overdue a seat in one of these imo
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : I will also vote for Lambert180 Not just for the post that slipwater highlights but also for his daily input into the forum in general. Def long overdue a seat in one of these imo
    Posted by Diminuendo

Re: Top of the Posts!

posted at 1/11/2013 11:21 AM GMT on SkyPoker.com

First: 4/1/2012
    Last: 9/1/2014
    Winners have now been registered for the tournament tomorrow at 9pm! This month's winners are...

paige55
    Lambert180
    Phantom66
    Slipwater
    Peter27
    DoubleAAA
    Good luck all!

I agree the posts have been good but is two months long overdue? lol
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : Re: Top of the Posts! posted at 1/11/2013 11:21 AM GMT on SkyPoker.com   Sky_Sam Posts: 621 First: 4/1/2012 Last: 9/1/2014 Winners have now been registered for the tournament tomorrow at 9pm! This month's winners are... paige55 Lambert180 Phantom66 Slipwater Peter27 DoubleAAA Good luck all! I agree the posts have been good but is two months long overdue? lol
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH

I didnt realise he was in one only 2 months ago but thats down to me not trawling back through the thread to find it so mybad lol

I still nominate him though because he adds alot to this forum and i for one wouldnt bat an eye if they gave him a seat every month never mind once in every two months

LAMBO FANCLUB signing out :)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : I didnt realise he was in one only 2 months ago but thats down to me not trawling back through the thread to find it so mybad lol I still nominate him though because he adds alot to this forum and i for one wouldnt bat an eye if they gave him a seat every month never mind once in every two months LAMBO FANCLUB signing out :)
    Posted by Diminuendo
    Oh for the love of...
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : I didnt realise he was in one only 2 months ago but thats down to me not trawling back through the thread to find it so mybad lol I still nominate him though because he adds alot to this forum and i for one wouldnt bat an eye if they gave him a seat every month never mind once in every two months LAMBO FANCLUB signing out :)
    Posted by Diminuendo

Is there a calander?
  • edited January 2014
    Now this has too deserve a spot!

Forum  »  Poker Chat  »  MESSAGE FOR F IVANOVIC

MESSAGE FOR F IVANOVIC

posted at 13/1/2014 1:00 PM GMT on SkyPoker.com

First: 8/11/2012
    Last: 13/1/2014
    Good afternoon Mr F Ivanovic.
    I would love the privelage of you playing in this afternoon,s £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK, if you could spare the time.
    I have watched you play and i have the upmost respect for your poker skills.
    A player of your calibre would be  a pleasure to play against.
    In reply to your post saying you would rather watch paint dry, i used to be a painter and decorator and i can promise you the£2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK is much more exciting lol.
    All thje best.
    Rainman397
  • edited January 2014
    Craigcu12 for his diary and contributions to the forums.
  • edited January 2014
    aussie09 for kicking-off the Forum Karaoke for IDCU thread.

An instant classic, one of the funniest threads in a very long time.
  • edited January 2014
    Can we give IDCU a seat so he has to come back for the night?
  • edited January 2014
    Can we give IDCU a seat so he has to come back for the night?
    Posted by cenachav
    Have a look for him on find a player now ;)

----------------

Craigcu12 for TOTP!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : Is there a calander?
    Posted by YOYOY
    Its not nice, but there is....in January, Lambo stands in his birthday suit with a small pile of chips in front of himself to cover his modesty!
  • edited January 2014
    +1 Craigcu12

I would also like to nominate Devonfish5 - good diary going on and I think it's important to get a mix of old and new contributors.
  • edited January 2014
    Dont know how many nominations your allowed to have but heres another one :)

Macacgirl1 for her advice posted on churchy18s diary thread

Pure class advice and well worth a read by any new players to the game or any poker players in general
  • edited January 2014
    I,d also like to vote craigcu12 and Tintin for their diaries
    Think Aussie was in it last month but have to agree - Funniest thread i,ve seen with some gr8 posts
  • edited January 2014
    aussie09 and Slipwater
    great idea the karaoke thread
    while the YMCA rendition as IDCU had me pmsl

Oh
    and a seat for IDCU because without him none of it would have been possible
  • edited January 2014
    I'd vote Slip for his Main/Mini leaderboard but just realised the winner stays on format means he's already in.

So 5 slots left...

Probably pick Mugsy78, seems to be pretty new to the forum but has been contributing a decent amount in the clinic and gave some great advice on DevonFish's diary.

Coxy - live etiquette thread as mentioned before.

TheRock (can't remember the numbers) - Don't think he's been in this before and has started a couple of interesting threads this month: 'when is enough enough' and the one about deal making... even though you can't deal on Sky, still an interesting poker thread.

• edited January 2014
    aussie09 and Slipwater great idea the karaoke thread while the YMCA rendition as IDCU had me pmsl Oh and a seat for IDCU because without him none of it would have been possible
    Posted by GELDY
    IDCU wouldn't be able to play in it Geldy.
    He's leaving Sky at the end of the month remember. :)

Actually, I'll vote for him too. 
    Been great entertainment this month. I find myself looking to see where he is on the leaderboard before checking whether I'm still hanging on to the top 50.

Aussie09 and The Rock as my other picks.
  • edited January 2014
    I vote for Richard Orford.

Why?

Well, why wouldn't I want him on my table? ;)
  • edited January 2014
    Just read TeddyBloats post on Nash in the tpt thread think it definetly deserves some acknowledgement i would never of seen it either if it hadn't been mentioned in general chat.
  • edited January 2014
    Dont know how many nominations your allowed to have but heres another one :) Macacgirl1 for her advice posted on churchy18s diary thread Pure class advice and well worth a read by any new players to the game or any poker players in general
    Posted by Diminuendo

a big  +1 from me great advice from someone that really knows the game
  • edited January 2014
    Cheers for the votes btw Dim and Slip. 
  • edited January 2014
    Would like to vote for therock573.

Always interesting posts, and really honest. One of the best contributors on the forum.
  • edited January 2014
    Hi sky_sam my votes go to any girl that has posted on this thread,thanks trish xx
  • edited January 2014
    a vote for BorinLoner, just found out he is a girl :):):)
  • edited January 2014
    a vote for BorinLoner, just found out he is a girl :):):)
    Posted by paige55
    lol....

• edited January 2014
    Dohhhh for using the term "backraise"
    Oh, and I suppose for general contribution to the forum
  • edited January 2014
    Dont know how many nominations your allowed to have but heres another one :) Macacgirl1 for her advice posted on churchy18s diary thread Pure class advice and well worth a read by any new players to the game or any poker players in general
    Posted by Diminuendo

+1  beat me to it Dimi.
  • edited January 2014
    I dont do this Much.....

but as part of a serious debate, My New Hit-Hero Brian waded in with this....

Tremendous Post & Timing Sir!!!.....

Re: FORUM DTD Monday 27th Jan. 2014 - Winner was EVILPINGU (DIA) who had a score of 13 pts (made 1x FT) & Wins Entry to Mondays £33 BH GL in that

posted at 29/1/2014 1:34 PM GMT on SkyPoker.com

First: 20/11/2012
    Last: 29/1/2014

I didn't really want to wade in and post an opinion on this, because I usually keep my mouth shut ;)

...but I'm on my lunch break, so figured I'd chuck in my thoughts.

Yes, it would make perfect sense for all teams to have the same number of participants. Eleven players on a football team; five players on a basketball team; fifteen players in a rugby squad. You don't have an imbalance there because, well... as you have alluded to - correctly, to some degree - it just isn't fair, is it?

And if this was a serious contest, I would agree. One hundred percent. Each team would be capped at (for instance) thirty members; rules would be set; penalties would be implemented for missing games; etc, etc.

But - for me at least - DTD, and more broadly, the function of each team, has never been about that. I'm a relatively new member of The HitSquad. Did I join because I thought they were the best team on Sky, with the biggest clout? No (sorry Dave!). Did I join because I thought they could help advance my game further than any other? No again. I joined because there was a core group of guys and girls that seemed to enjoy their games, and I thought it would be good to get to know a few of these people a little better. Forum friendship, if you like. 

It would be relatively simple to implement a more rigid form of team-based competition, but the problem you will have is that - and somebody correct me if I'm speaking out of turn here - most forum regulars on Sky would rather a relaxed, no-strings, form of contest than a regimented league/ladder format, as you have alluded to. There are plenty of tournaments on every evening that takes care of serious competition.

This is just a bit of fun on the side, and we all like some of that ;)