You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Top of the Posts!

Comments

• edited January 2014
    It's fine mate, sometimes you know we have 2 make these sacrifices.
  • edited January 2014
    If we're already doing nominations for the next game then I'd like to nominate jordz16 for this brilliant response!

*scroll down a little*
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts!:
    If we're already doing nominations for the next game then I'd like to nominate jordz16 for this brilliant response ! *scroll down a little*
    Posted by peter27

I would also like to nominate jordz16 for that very same thing

Best reply ever imo
  • edited January 2014
    I vote for Jackavery1 too! Tonights game, i decided to go out 1st to give every1 else a shot and so it left it open for slipwater to win! Very well played slippy
    Posted by LARSON7
    Tremendous fun last night, my thanks to everyone who played it in exactly the right spirit. We see moans & groans galore about Sky Poker (I saw "Sky Poker, absolute joke" on another Forum last night), but I doubt any site has the community spirit this site has. It is a hard thing to evaluate or quantify, but it definitely has a value.

I pledged my winnings to whoever busted me, & that was Slipwater, though how my hand never held against him is beyond belief.....how could he call?

Anyway, I won £20, so Slippy gets a Free Tourney entry worth £20, (£22 including Reg Fee), so please let me know what Tourney you'd like to play, & when, & I'll get it sorted.

Congrats to Slippy also for winning it.

Full result was.....

1st - Slipwater, £50

2nd - mmmchips, £30

3rd Aussie09, £25

4th tikay1, £20

5th POKERTREV, £15

Unfortunately, Larson7 was unable to take his seat, but he got £10 for 6th.

Great fun.

• edited January 2014

OFFICIAL CORRECTION

I stand corrected.

It appears that LARSON7 DID take his seat, but he appears to have busted with A high in orbit one.

My apologies for the rub, & I can assure you it was intentional.

• edited January 2014

thanks to all last night.  it was a good game.  very well played slipwater (brian?) excellent.

pity that larson7 didn't sit down to play.  although he was hanging round the chatbox for ages.

pushing all-in with 23off, i think that tikay's cat was playing with his mouse.

regards
    rob

• edited January 2014
    VWP SLIPWATER.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited January 2014
    lol thanks Tikay, if only i had late regd

Well done to everyone (who out lasted me:|)

Very good of Rainman letting Sky know he was working to let some1 else use the seat.

And very well done to Slip for taking it down!

Was great fun as always.
  • edited January 2014
    thanks to all last night.  it was a good game.  very well played slipwater (brian?) excellent. pity that larson7 didn't sit down to play.  although he was hanging round the chatbox for ages. pushing all-in with 23off, i think that tikay's cat was playing with his mouse. regards rob  
    Posted by aussie09
    Susan, Slippy's name is Susan, not Brian. She's a girlie.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : Susan, Slippy's name is Susan, not Brian. She's a girlie.
    Posted by Tikay10
    i see.  by her forum photo, cute too.  although less facial hair would be better.

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : i see.  by her forum photo, cute too.  although less facial hair would be better.    
    Posted by aussie09
    Thanks. I did shave it off for Christmas.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : Thanks. I did shave it off for Christmas.
    Posted by Slipwater
    what you doing saturday?

• edited January 2014
    Well played last night all! Remember it's winner-stays-on so Slipawater, congrats on securing your place for next month's tournament.
  • edited January 2014
    Well played last night all! Remember it's winner-stays-on so Slipawater, congrats on securing your place for next month's tournament.
    Posted by Sky_Sam
    That was my idea so this will become my legacy on Sky Poker (not that I'm leaving any time soon!)

You're welcome Slipwater ;-)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : That was my idea so this will become my legacy on Sky Poker (not that I'm leaving any time soon!) You're welcome Slipwater ;-)
    Posted by peter27
    Pfft, that's Peter trolling for a nomination because he wants a shot at the title ;)

Ok, I nominate peter27 for suggesting such a fantastic idea!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : Pfft, that's Peter trolling for a nomination because he wants a shot at the title ;) Ok, I nominate peter27 for suggesting such a fantastic idea!
    Posted by Slipwater
    Haha, thank you very much :p

In all seriousness, I just want to feel like I'm making a valid contribution to the community :-)
  • edited January 2014
    I just want to feel like I'm making a valid contribution to the community :-)
    Posted by peter27
    There's time for you to do that yet.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : There's time for you to do that yet.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Like Yoda you speak. :D
  • edited January 2014
    Cenachav, for his UKPC video threads and also his diary.

Always humerous posts and good contributor to the community.
  • edited January 2014
    Cenachav, for his UKPC video threads and also his diary. Always humerous posts and good contributor to the community.
    Posted by LARSON7
    Cheers.  the tenners in the post ;)
  • edited January 2014
    nominate rainman again this month since he could not play last months.

was also decent of him that he asked sky too give the seat 2 some1 else knowing he could not play. instead of just taking the free £10 that he would have got for sitting out.

gl all
  • edited January 2014
    I'd like to nominate gazza127.

There are a lot of diaries on the forum and I actually read (but rarely comment) on most of them. I like John's honesty in his posts - whether he cashes big in a tournament or loses ten buy-ins on the cash tables in an hour. The highs and lows of poker are what make this game so interesting, and John tells it like it is, without blowing smoke and without giving us excuses. If he's been lucky, he will say so, and if he has played terribly he will tell us that too. Throw in a few life stories as well, and it's one of the crucial diary reads for any poker voyeur :)
  • edited January 2014
    I'd like to nominate gazza127 . There are a lot of diaries on the forum and I actually read (but rarely comment) on most of them. I like John's honesty in his posts - whether he cashes big in a tournament or loses ten buy-ins on the cash tables in an hour. The highs and lows of poker are what make this game so interesting, and John tells it like it is, without blowing smoke and without giving us excuses. If he's been lucky, he will say so, and if he has played terribly he will tell us that too. Throw in a few life stories as well, and it's one of the crucial diary reads for any poker voyeur :)
    Posted by Slipwater
    I can only assume, after all that tripe above, that you had a piece of him for Monday nights ME.... ;)

Coconut guy for me. 
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : I can only assume, after all that tripe above, that you had a piece of him for Monday nights ME.... ;) Coconut guy for me. 
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Haha - no, I actually enjoy reading about his car crashes (literal and figurative, as it happens).

I am sure when your diary is up and running properly I will throw you a nomination too, mate.
  • edited January 2014
    Cheers Slip!

What a lovely post completely ruined by Harry ;)
  • edited January 2014
    I would like to nominate MRBURNS4
    His post brought out the very best from the Sky community.
    Throughout the 48 hours his son was missing
    it was great to see the forum pull together and support a comrade in their hour of need!
    I cannot imagine the pain he must have been going through
    but he handled the situation in  an exemplary manner
    So glad there was a happy ending!
  • edited January 2014
    I would like to nominate MRBURNS4 His post brought out the very best from the Sky community. Throughout the 48 hours his son was missing it was great to see the forum pull together and support a comrade in their hour of need! I cannot imagine the pain he must have been going through but he handled the situation in  an exemplary manner So glad there was a happy ending!
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    Excellent idea Dunmidosh.
    All the best.
    Rainman397 
  • edited January 2014
    I would like to nominate MRBURNS4 His post brought out the very best from the Sky community. Throughout the 48 hours his son was missing it was great to see the forum pull together and support a comrade in their hour of need! I cannot imagine the pain he must have been going through but he handled the situation in  an exemplary manner So glad there was a happy ending!
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    big +1 from me on this
  • edited January 2014
    Coxy should get in for his live etiquette thread