You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ramblings of an old man

Comments

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    wtg Jac! TOTLB! :)
    Posted by mrsduck
    :)

Ta MrsDuck. 

Nervous night ahead. Considering asking Mrs J to hide laptop and iPad to prevent me doing summat stoopid.

Hopefully done enough but still the chance of a few who haven't completed 30 games overtaking me.
  • edited March 2014
    And for those of you who are abbreviational challenged JAC is top if the skill&go leaderboard vwp Will need a kick ars* session on the headhunters tonight to join you So I don't think you will need to worry about that.
    Posted by GELDY
    Lol cheers Geldy.

Wasn't going to embarrass myself by mentioning that I had to look up Wtg.

Oh, oops
  • edited March 2014
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Lol cheers Geldy. Wasn't going to embarrass myself by mentioning that I had to look up Wtg. Oh, oops
    Posted by Jac35

U didnt know wtg but were ok with TOTLB?! lol 

Congrats on top spot in the sng table tho!!

• edited April 2014
    Think I may have missed out on the skill n go top 6 :(

It's tight. 3 have definitely gone past me.
    I have the identical ROI as Pocket9's 74.4 and have played more games. On the sky leaderboard though, there's an extra number. I have 74.40, so it's likely he has gone ahead 74.41 would do it.

That would put me 5th from the results I know of.
    A couple in the top 6 have their stats blocked and so they could easily have done it. Not seen them play today but if they just played 1 game and got a result then that would be enough.

Got to consider as well that there may be a few who have only completed their games today and have sneaked in under the radar.

Think I made the right decision not to play. From where I was, quite a few needed to have a good day. Fair play to them if they do it.

Whatever the result, I think it's been a tremendous promotion.

• edited April 2014
    Think I may have missed out on the skill n go top 6 :( It's tight. 3 have definitely gone past me. I have the identical ROI as Pocket9's 74.4 and have played more games. On the sky leaderboard though, there's an extra number. I have 74.40, so it's likely he has gone ahead 74.41 would do it. That would put me 5th from the results I know of. A couple in the top 6 have their stats blocked and so they could easily have done it. Not seen them play today but if they just played 1 game and got a result then that would be enough. Got to consider as well that there may be a few who have only completed their games today and have sneaked in under the radar. Think I made the right decision not to play. From where I was, quite a few needed to have a good day. Fair play to them if they do it. Whatever the result, I think it's been a tremendous promotion.
    Posted by Jac35
    fingers crossed for you mate
    agree not playing was probably the right tactic given your position, hope it worked out
    don't know the rounding system being used but round to nearest is very common in which case it's still 50/50 between you and pkt9s
    glgl
  • edited April 2014
    Congrats Jac and Good Luck
  • edited April 2014
    Congrats Jac on getting into the top 6.

As a fellow rambler im expecting at least 10%  ;)

• edited April 2014

Really really really hope this is an April Fools joke on you Paul*

*Sorry, I mean good luck mate :)
  • edited April 2014
    Thanks chaps.

I was already really nervous about what a clown I'm going to look on Thursday. Now, you can bet on the outcome and SkySimpleton* has put me up as joint favourite!

I can already see it now.
    Fred saying 'hate raise on turn'
    Ivan saying 'didn't you realise that you only had 13.46578% equity?'
    Lambert saying 'lolbad call from Jac'
    Gazza saying 'why didn't he just mash the raise button?'
    And pretty much everyone else wondering how the hell did Jac35 make it to the final? He really must be the luckbox that he claims to be.

Seriously, I really am a bit worked up about this already. Obviously, I'm very happy to have made it but I've always lacked confidence in my game and don't want to make a complete tool of myself.

*Sam if you happen to read this, it was a joke :)
  • edited April 2014
    If in doubt.... raise.

Thats what i do!
  • edited April 2014
    Have a few pints and treat it as a game of cash down the local.

That way you will have fun
    Play well
    And most importantly
    Not give a **** what anyone else thinks of your play

Jac FTW
  • edited April 2014
    Congrats Jacco.

You could've taken my 20 quid and kept the seat and 100% equity.

gl.

Where is the lay button?
  • edited April 2014
    Very well done pal and best of luck in the final.
  • edited April 2014
    Good luck Jac on the sit n go final ,stuck £30 on you at 100-30 think you got a good chance goodluck.
  • edited April 2014
    Good luck Jac on the sit n go final ,stuck £30 on you at 100-30 think you got a good chance goodluck.
    Posted by supercrazy
    Gulp! :)

Thanks a lot. I'll do my best
  • edited April 2014
    Im going Aintree on Friday & need some extra funds....better get on now before your price shortens lol

Nooooo pressure !! GL
  • edited April 2014
    Im going Aintree on Friday & need some extra funds....better get on now before your price shortens lol Nooooo pressure !! GL
    Posted by goodylad21
    Lol

But you've played against me plenty of times!
    You know how bad I am
  • edited April 2014
    Posted by supercrazy
    +1

my 2nd ever skybet, and you've already done better than tikay at the WSOP in that you are already on the FT. 
  • edited April 2014
    I've just stuck £500 on you Jac.*

You better pull through!  I have imaginary kids to feed!

*just trying to freak you out :)
  • edited April 2014

After checking the form of all the runners, and considering all the potential returns, I have finally come to a decision........

I will stick a quid on Orford to win!

You will be glad to hear I will be out thurs night so I can not rail/bok you but I will wish you good luck mate!
  • edited April 2014
    Just catching up on al; this mate - best of luck to you!!

I even get a £5 matched bet so be rude not to stick a fiver on you...TID...no pressure lol
  • edited April 2014
    Thanks Adam, Geldy, Maxally and I suppose Gazza as well.

Was fun last night. I've not been able to play a lot recently but entered a competition last night alongside a few Dyms.
    Who should I share a table with for most of the comp? Gsmith13 off course! Not sure either of us have played against each other before. He played very well and probably got the better of me over the course of the game. Lost the first 3 Dyms that I played and seemed well on course for a quick £100 loss in an hour.
    Fortunately I got through the next 3 Dyms and managed 5th in the tourney for around £75 including heads. Gsmith came 4th.
    £49 profit overall was pretty decent given the beginning I had.

Toothache!
    Dentists yet again tomorrow morning. Teeth are rubbish and I keep having to get fillings. Don't normally get toothache though. Bloody hurts.

Harry had a load of injections this morning. He hardly cries at all normally, just when hungry etc. Absolutely screaming this afternoon. It's heartbreaking to see him in pain and not be able to do anything about it. Not helped by Mummy having tears in her eyes as well. I've spent most of the day driving around Derby with him (enough to make anyone cry) before anyone uses that tap in :) He's calmed down now thank goodness.
  • edited April 2014
    Enjoyed the game. Apologies to anyone who put a few quid on me. I think my exit was fairly standard. Gsmith had been playing well and was opening most pots. I think I can get  a fold quite a lot there and not always be in terrible shape if I do get called. AK unfortunately wasn't really the hand I wanted to see!

Hand before was the one that did me. I was a little surprised to see his hand at the end. 

Really enjoyed the game though and thought the whole promotion was fantastic. It was a shame that there was a little drama over the last couple of days but I hope that won't detract from a great promotion.

In other news..
    My teeth don't hurt anymore and my dentist is even richer, which is nice.
  • edited April 2014
    unlucky but well done in getting there in the 1st place
  • edited April 2014
    unlucky but well done in getting there in the 1st place
    Posted by churchy18
    Thanks Churchy
  • edited April 2014
    Unlucky Jac.  Still.... must be a nice nights work in terms of ££.  Well done for qualifying though.  That was the big test.  1 SnG was always going to take a bit of luck to bink.

Im just wondering how my imaginary kids are going to eat now though?
  • edited April 2014
    Just a quick recap from me on the Skill and Go

As I've already said a few times (before I made the top 6 as well) I thought it was a great promotion. Certainly the best in my time on Sky. The fact that it was inclusive, made it so good.

Invariably and understandably, most promotions are aimed at the biggest rakers on the site. This one was open to all. It was great to see Waooga make the final 6 as a relatively low buyin player. He certainly should have been the story of this promotion in my view. How he got there, playing near enough solely Dyms was a stunning performance.

I struggled to see the benefit for Sky for the majority of the time. Then I twigged at how clever it was. The SkyBet thing added an extra diimension. I'm sure they made a fair few quid out of that. Certainly picking up some easy cash of anyone who backed me anyhow :( Also SkyBet is obviously huge and if a few people have been drawn in to using it as their betting choice now then Sky have certainly done well.

As I said Waooga should have been the story. Unfortunately, one misguided soul made a mistake. The drama after that overshadowed things a little in my opinion. He made a mistake, it was dealt with and he now has paid the price. Things got a little over the top. There's one poster who likes to get very dramatic about things and before long he was demanding answers on threads and suggesting he would call the police himself as a 'crime' had been committed. I think he probably needs to relax a bit. Did he really not think Sky would not deal with the situation quietly and properly? As you may guess from this, I'm not a huge fan of this poster. I used to respect him and was disappointed when we had a little fall out. I sent him a pm to try and resolve things but unfortunately he blanked me. Now I'm thinking that I couldn't care one bit.

Off golfing. Might buy a new stick :)

• edited April 2014
    So
    You were going to give us a recap on the skill&go FT
    but i fear you got side tracked