You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ramblings of an old man

Comments

• edited April 2014

In Response to Re: Ramblings of a New Daddy:

I think 2nd place is there for the taking! (dnt ban me from the thread, but I fancy Forest to get it)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Since I made this prediction on the 2nd Feb, Forests' results have been as follows...

Lost 3-1
    Drew 2-2
    Lost 3-1
    Lost 4-1
    Lost 1-0
    Drew 1-1 (at home v us, shocking result ;)
    Lost 5-0
    Lost 1-0
    Drew 1-1
    Lost 2-1.

.....You're welcome......
  • edited April 2014
    When I started this thread, the 'old' bit was tongue in cheek. It seemed to me that in poker terms I was old and on that day David Beckham (same age as me) was described as a veteran. So, 'old' I was. 
    Now, I actually do feel old.

I could be Will Hughes dad. He was born the year Gazza was in the dentists chair and scoring wonder goals against Scotland in the Euros.
    I remember when Liverpool last won the league.
    People laugh at me when I say that dog poo used to be white.

Nowadays there is something called health and safety. It used to be called common sense when I was young. We had a nice pond at my primary school. The secret to staying safe was not to be so stupid as to fall in it. Now it has some ugly railings around it to protect the children. 
    When I went to watch Derby, I used to stand in the Key End. Being very small I used to stand on a ledge where the railings met. For 2 hours I would balance on the ledge and hold onto the railings for dear life. Can't imagine being able to do that today.

I remember Button Moon and Chorton and the Wheelies.

After school I used to go to the park and have a choice of maybe 5 games to play in. Nowadays my nephew isn't allowed on the park on his own and is a superstar at Fifa.

My niece makes comments such as "Uncle Paul, when you smile you have loads of wrinkles" cheers Kate.
    I used to go into town 4 nights a week. Couldn't think of anything I would rather go less these days. I used to go to "shopping" on a Sunday afternoon. Now people still go shopping but it's to the local Westfield Centre.

I mentioned INXS to someone at work. "Never heard of them" was the reply. I decided against asking him if he thought that Rick Astley was underated.

I used to have patience. Now I have none. Pretty sure I'm happier than I've ever been though. :)
    One thing that is annoying me us that everyone keeps saying that Harry is smiling. I've never seen it. Thought I was close the other day. Pretty sure it was just wind though. If the belch and an extraordinary loud fartt was anything to go by.
    Prob should include some poker before I'm sent fof to a distant part of the forum
    1st week of the month was better than the 2nd so far.
    Week 1 - up £767 Week 2 - down 75p (played 2 orbits of 50nl, didn't play a hand, had a walk in my blind) 
  • edited April 2014
    Quick addition 

You hear the word "fartt" on children's programmes (which I don't like ) these days.
    However on a gambling forum for adults the word is censored.

Our world is a very strange place.
  • edited April 2014
    My little girl came home from school the other day and the conversation went a little like this:

Little Angel: Daddy daddy matthew was saying the f word loads today in school.
    JD:              That's terrible! Who was it saying it to and why?
    Little Angel: Everyone
    JD:              He shouldn't be doing that. What did the teacher do?
    Little Angel: Nothing he was saying it to her too.
    JD:              and the teacher did nothing at all?
    Little Angel: Nope
    JD:               So Matthew ws saying bad words to everyone in his class and his teacher and he didnt even get told off?
    Little Angel: Yep!!
    JD:                Wait a second, wait a second, What word rhymes with the word he was saying?
    Little Angel: ermmmmm....part.

The innocence of youth lol 

At least when I introduce her sheltered little mind to online gambling/poker I can send her here so when she becomes addicted to gambling she at least will be a very clean speaking degen :)

Another word that i thought was strange to be censored on here is snatchh. I know it's slang for something but come on!!
  • edited April 2014
    censored words on a poker forum like here are stupid. For one, you can get around it and for two - we are all grown ups (for the most part!!) on here and it's nothing we haven't seen/heard before. Just a bit of common sense from the Mods is all that's needed. If someone is going around the forum swearing at everyone etc then it's a clear forum ban. 
  • edited April 2014
    What a set of ***** in this thread ;)
  • edited April 2014

I bet you love the fact that FOREST is classed as a banned word in the chat box though?
  • edited April 2014
    It would be good to meet the real jac sometime.  You know the short old portly guy that writes this thread.
    As against the young trim kid that is sent to SPTs on his behalf.
  • edited April 2014

IN for the 1000th* post on this thread.

*if no one, including me, gets a ban and posts are wiped ;)
  • edited April 2014
    Just a 1000 more and you get a theme tune
  • edited April 2014
    I once went out with a very attractive,  blond hairdresser. On a night out it emerged that she was unaware of the dates of the 2nd World War and had not heard of Fawlty Towers.
    Our relationship ended that night. Does that make me bad?

I ran bad last night which isn't the normal way of things.
    Most disgruntled. Highlight was flopping Broadway in the main and losing a 25000 pot.
    Also considering binning Aces pre flop.  Lost 4 dyms with them.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    I once went out with a very attractive,  blond hairdresser. On a night out it emerged that she was unaware of the dates of the 2nd World War and had not heard of Fawlty Towers. Our relationship ended that night. Does that make me bad? .. I ran bad last night which isn't the normal way of things. Most disgruntled. Highlight was flopping Broadway in the main and losing a 25000 pot. Also considering binning Aces pre flop.  Lost 4 dyms with them.
    Posted by Jac35

Interesting night out if those are the topics of conversation! :-))
  • edited April 2014
    I've decided that I now agree with all these people who keep saying things are rigged.
    From a decent sample size of 3 tourneys I have irrefutable proof of this.
    I have lost with Ak in all 3 tourneys.
    Each time it wasn't even a flip. They had stuff like Ace 8 and Ace 6.
    I am most displeased.

I normally run very well which nicely makes up for my lack of skill. If this running bad is to continue then I'm in real trouble.
    Sort it out Sky.

In other news.
    Played golf yesterday. I was abysmal. Not happy. I can't enjoy the masters when I can't hit a ball. Need lessons.

Finished Breaking Bad. What am I to do now?
    Got Netflix. Recommendations please 
  • edited April 2014
    I've decided that I now agree with all these people who keep saying things are rigged. From a decent sample size of 3 tourneys I have irrefutable proof of this. I have lost with Ak in all 3 tourneys. Each time it wasn't even a flip. They had stuff like Ace 8 and Ace 6. I am most displeased. I normally run very well which nicely makes up for my lack of skill. If this running bad is to continue then I'm in real trouble. Sort it out Sky. ...... In other news. Played golf yesterday. I was abysmal. Not happy. I can't enjoy the masters when I can't hit a ball. Need lessons. Finished Breaking Bad. What am I to do now? Got Netflix. Recommendations please 
    Posted by Jac35

House of Cards

Suits.

You are welcome. :)
  • edited April 2014
    Top Of The Lake.

Flight Of The Conchords.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : House of Cards Suits. You are welcome. :)
    Posted by gazza127

Is that a programme about Geldy?

• edited April 2014
    Theres another forum that I occasionally have a look at.
    On there from time to time they do an "in the well with ......" Basically for a period of time they have a thread where people can fire questions at a good winning player.

I wonder if we Could do that on here?

Could be fascinating to read about the thoughts of some of the stars on here
  • edited April 2014
    Theres another forum that I occasionally have a look at. On there from time to time they do an "in the well with ......" Basically for a period of time they have a thread where people can fire questions at a good winning player. I wonder if we Could do that on here? Could be fascinating to read about the thoughts of some of the stars on here
    Posted by Jac35
    That sounds like a really good site.

I see no reason why we could not do our own version of "In The Well" here, though.

If you want, for starters, I'll set up one with yesterday's Sky Poker Jackpot Hero, Ryan Spittles, aka Scotty77. 

Yes?

• edited April 2014
    I've decided that I now agree with all these people who keep saying things are rigged. From a decent sample size of 3 tourneys I have irrefutable proof of this. I have lost with Ak in all 3 tourneys. Each time it wasn't even a flip. They had stuff like Ace 8 and Ace 6. I am most displeased. I normally run very well which nicely makes up for my lack of skill. If this running bad is to continue then I'm in real trouble. Sort it out Sky. ...... In other news. Played golf yesterday. I was abysmal. Not happy. I can't enjoy the masters when I can't hit a ball. Need lessons. Finished Breaking Bad. What am I to do now? Got Netflix. Recommendations please 
    Posted by Jac35

Yeah, what are Sky Poker going to do about these bad beats?

Outrage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : That sounds like a really good site. I see no reason why we could not do our own version of "In The Well" here, though. If you want, for starters, I'll set up one with yesterday's Sky Poker Jackpot Hero, Ryan Spittles, aka Scotty77.  Yes?  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Yeah, what are Sky Poker going to do about these bad beats? Outrage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Please refrain from using so many exclamation marks in future. 
    They really are quite unnecessary. 
  • edited April 2014

Sorry!!!!!

I received a PM recently (elsewhere, not here).

It had 2 paragraphs.

7 sentences.

93 words.

113 exclamation marks.

I mean, what on EARTH is that about?
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Yes
    Posted by Jac35
    OK, I've sent an e-Mail to young Ryan, & asked him if he would oblige.

Failing that, I'll find someone else.

Thewy, Matt Bates, TommyD, Melty, DTM maybe?

Anyway, let's see what Ryan says first.

If he agrees, I'll set it up.
  • edited April 2014
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : OK, I've sent an e-Mail to young Ryan, & asked him if he would oblige. Failing that, I'll find someone else. Thewy, Matt Bates, TommyD, Melty, DTM maybe? Anyway, let's see what Ryan says first.   If he agrees, I'll set it up.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Perfect choices.
    Great stuff. Think it would be really good. 
    Thanks for doing that.
  • edited April 2014

Clink on my links BTW if you want to read them 'in the wells'.....I know what you old folk are like with technology
  • edited April 2014
    Clink on my links BTW if you want to read them 'in the wells'.....I know what you old folk are like with technology ☺
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Ah ok.
    I didn't realise it had been done before.  I'm still quite new around here. 
    I think it would be a nice one to revive though.

• edited April 2014
    Clink on my links BTW if you want to read them 'in the wells'.....I know what you old folk are like with technology ☺
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Excellent links, thanks Alan.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Is that a programme about Geldy?
    Posted by Jac35
    Well it comes recommended

Just don't put me in a well
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Perfect choices. Great stuff. Think it would be really good.  Thanks for doing that.
    Posted by Jac35
    Scotty has just replied to my e-Mail.

See HERE