You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ramblings of an old man

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Gl the Rams tomorrow. Will be a much more entertaining addition to the Prem than QPR. McLaren deserves it too.
  • edited May 2014
    hope derby win 2mora for u mate,  my dad is a ram aswell so hopefully you will both have big smiles on ur faces tommorow come around teatime. QPR must have broken every financial fair play rule in the book surely. i can also remind joey barton on twitter than hes playing championship football again next year and that hes the biggest knobhead in football too.
  • edited May 2014
    Good luck to the Rams today Jac us northerners have to stick together ;-)
  • edited May 2014

Good luck today, Paul.

Now lets see how much you know about your Team - name these players.......

• edited May 2014
    Thanks chaps

You'll have to try harder than that Tony. Sent you a pretty pointless PM the other day btw. Just ignore it. I know you're swamped at the moment.

Boulton
    Robson
    McFarland 
    Hinton
    Hector 
    Durban
    Gemmill
    O'hare
    Hennessy 
    McGovern 
    Todd
    Webster

Clough (proper)
    Taylor
    Jimmy Gordon

There's a great sporcle quiz in the football corner. Did pretty well. Funny what age does to us. The 90's ones were easy. The players I missed were mostly over the last couple of years.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    Thanks chaps You'll have to try harder than that Tony. Sent you a pretty pointless PM the other day btw. Just ignore it. I know you're swamped at the moment. Boulton Robson McFarland  Hinton Hector  Durban Gemmill O'hare Hennessy  McGovern  Todd Webster Clough (proper) Taylor Jimmy Gordon There's a great sporcle quiz in the football corner. Did pretty well. Funny what age does to us. The 90's ones were easy. The players I missed were mostly over the last couple of years.
    Posted by Jac35
    If you mean you sent that PM (two actually) to me Next Door, yes, I will be replying, probably today. It did not seem pointless at all, particularly one matter you mentioned. I'm about 10 days behind at the moment.

I never got those you sent me here, via your I-pad, of course......;)
  • edited May 2014
    Good luck to the Rams today pal.Always nice when we have a happy Paul on the forum.
  • edited May 2014
    Good luck to the Rams today pal.Always nice when we have a happy Paul on the forum.
    Posted by day4eire76
    Whatever are you suggesting?.....;)
  • edited May 2014
    I want derby to win today paul and will hughes to score the 1st goal 12to 1 get on
  • edited May 2014
    Not quite how I dreamed it last night
  • edited May 2014
    Not quite how I dreamed it last night
    Posted by Jac35

UL!  Watched 2nd half. As a nuetral (and having watched my fair share of 10 man teams beat 11)  it became fairly obvs that it wasn't their day!  Also the amount of passes they put astray was woeful.  Personally, think QPR are a better addition tho! soz.   On better news...I'm still reading your diary.  Gl

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : UL!  Watched 2nd half. As a nuetral (and having watched my fair share of 10 man teams beat 11)  it became fairly obvs that it wasn't their day!  Also the amount of passes they put astray was woeful.  Personally, think QPR are a better addition tho! soz.   On better news...I'm still reading your diary.  Gl
    Posted by Glenelg
    I disagree with this. It was a tight game but the only team that looked like scoring (even when it was 11 aside) were Derby. QPR's goal was their only shot on target.

As for QPR being a better addition.........kinda agree but their "big" names are mainly well past their prime.
  • edited May 2014
    Unlucky Paul, I can empathise cos I was at Wembley when Hull beat Bristol City 6 years ago in the playoff final. Been all downhill for us since then. Difference is you have a young, genuinely talented and well drilled team. A real credit to the manager and the fans. Nailed on to come up next year mate. Footy sux sometimes but you can be nothing but proud of the way your side played......

• edited May 2014
    All the best for today Paul, rooting for ya.
  • edited May 2014
    i feel your pain,ul m8
    i found out there,s more important things in life as you well know,chin up brother
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : UL!  Watched 2nd half. As a nuetral (and having watched my fair share of 10 man teams beat 11)  it became fairly obvs that it wasn't their day!  Also the amount of passes they put astray was woeful.  Personally, think QPR are a better addition tho! soz.   On better news...I'm still reading your diary.  Gl
    Posted by Glenelg
    disagree massively!!!  a daft foreign owner with a manager who can only cope when millions are thorwn at him and a bunch of failed premier league players who are overpaid are a better addition to the prem than a team who have played excellent football all season and on knowhere near the same financial resources, i think not, derby are a proper football club, well supported and were by far the better team today and over the season, crying shame that today.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : disagree massively!!!  a daft foreign owner with a manager who can only cope when millions are thorwn at him and a bunch of failed premier league players who are overpaid are a better addition to the prem than a team who have played excellent football all season and on knowhere near the same financial resources, i think not, derby are a proper football club, well supported and were by far the better team today and over the season, crying shame that today.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    This +1
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : disagree massively!!!  a daft foreign owner with a manager who can only cope when millions are thorwn at him and a bunch of failed premier league players who are overpaid are a better addition to the prem than a team who have played excellent football all season and on knowhere near the same financial resources, i think not, derby are a proper football club, well supported and were by far the better team today and over the season, crying shame that today.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    yeah was pretty much along the lines of what I was trying to say.............but you put it so much better haha
  • edited May 2014
    Cheers guys, other than Hhyftrftdr
  • edited May 2014
    Just about recovered from yesterday.
    By far the worst I've ever felt after a game. We played pretty well but for once just didn't have the final ball. We've scored for fun this season but never really looked like it yesterday. As we got to the last couple of minutes I was saying to the guy I went with that we shouldn't take any chance and just get to extra time. Then we mess around with the ball in our own half!
    I'm convinced if we had gone to extra time we would have made it. We were spreading the play constantly and they would have been knackered. In all fairness they defended terrifically well. Pity that Martin had a poor game for once.
    Trying to stay positive about next season but I fear we could potentially lose the whole of our midfield and then we would essentially be starting all over again.
    Thorne, who I thought was very good yesterday will not sign for us now. He's already stated that he wants Premier league football next season and he's definitely good enough/
    Bryson is at an age where he will want to play in the top league. I'd be very surprised of no one took a punt on him. Goal scoring midfielders are hard to come by.
    Hendrick and Hughes will also be looked at by Premier league clubs.
    It's all very well saying that we don't need to sell but when they want to go, that's pretty much it these days.
    Martin also may be in demand. Lower Prem clubs might take a chance on him. 20 goal men are hard to come by.

First time I've been to the new Wembly. Absolutely stunned with how good it was. Actually thought it was more impressive than the Nou Camp.

Need to get a break in tourneys this month. Had a ridiculous pot in a £10 B/H this evening with about 30 left. Interesting play from opponent lets say. Pot was for huge chip lead at that stage. 2 mins later and the button mins. He's done this every button for the last hour or so. I find 10's in the small and shove my 15 bigs. "Oh lovely, he has KK!" So didn't even cash in that.

Anybody else find that the player who has sucked out on you at some stage is often the guy who eventually knocks you out? Like this one tonight. He'd minned earlier and I'd 3 bet AA. He peeled, which was for 40% of his stack and then shoved the 10 J 2 flop. Snap time. He has 10 8 and gets there on river. Pokers bollockks sometimes :)

However, in other Jac news.
    I've had a bash at the SNG promotion this last week. After 9 games I was on 103%. Thought I would consolidate by playing dyms for the rest of my games. Won most of them and ended up on 82.4% for my 15 games. Should hopefully be enough. Donttelmum has had a stunning return from his 15 games and so he's locked. Also a friend of mine with a few games to go has over 100% at present. He should make it as well and so it could be a interesting game if I hold on.
    Always find it tough when you play against people you know. Well, I do anyway. Been on the same table as CPFC a couple of times recently and he's enjoyed knocking me out of both tourneys with his usual flat with mid-pair against my big hand and then flop a set. He's really quite annoying. Would be nice to bust him from the SNG final if he does get there :) I fear it would most likely be the opposite as usual though with him tapping in "ul mate" in the chat box and me through gritted teeth writing "nh mate, tid"
  • edited May 2014
    Couldn't help but notice you've yet to thank a single member of your team for your £390 profit.

Disgrace.
  • edited May 2014
    Couldn't help but notice you've yet to thank a single member of your team for your £390 profit. Disgrace.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    BAN THE TROLLS SKY

Rigged thing might have some legs actually.
    Didn't you win 2 tournys last night? Only explanation
  • edited May 2014

Played 2 tourneys tonight late on and they didn't really work out. I can't play any more sngs/Dyms until tomorrow as I'm still placed well in the leaderboard and so
    Jumped onto some cash and things improved. Weird how this can happen. Started smashing the deck and had the perfect scenarios where opponents were also strong. Won £115 in 30 mins so new pic needed. No more angry old man :)

Deleted a post and edited this one a bit. Saw a post from Matt237 and thought "yep, he's right Paul, don't moan about things when you're doing ok, it looks a bit rubbish"

• edited June 2014

Good Luck tonight Paul in your challenge Final. Hope to see your name in that Lobby tomorrow for Nottingham ! 
  • edited June 2014
    Good Luck tonight Paul in your challenge Final. Hope to see your name in that Lobby tomorrow for Nottingham ! 
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Cheers Alan
    Looking at the medocrity of the field I believe that 6th place is there for the taking.
  • edited June 2014
    Hey mate no posted on here for a while but I do read you diary all the time.

Best of luck tonight in the sng final and hope see you in notts in August
  • edited June 2014
    Edit

Usual Jac delete 
  • edited June 2014
    I watched the final table of the UKPC last night. Thought it was a good watch. The guy who won it seemed a good player and a nice lad. I much preferred the coverage in this episode. I couldn't really understand why they did the non poker bits in the other episodes. There may be the odd moan that it only showed the action hands but that's all they can do really. I remember there was a live cash game from DTD streamed a while ago and to be honest it was pretty boring. They only did it the once.

I do now have a new poker hero. James Rimmmer, the bloke who came 4th, not the former Aston Villa keeper. He gave the best exit interview I've ever seen. None of this, "the money will all go in the bankroll and help me on my quest for world poker domination". Just an honest answer. The money was going to pay off his bills and he was going to give his daughter £250 for a new frock for her wedding. Brilliant! The story we were told was that he was only there because there was a spare seat in a car and he satted into the event. No grumbles of any bad beats either, (take note Paul,) and he must have been a nightmare to play against. Loved the hand where he got the aces to fold. Very emotional in the interview and most definitely my new hero. :)
    I was unfaithful for the first time tonight. Played a sat on DTD for the £250 mini. Never got going unfortunately.
    As I'm on a poker break ☺ I only played one game alongside it. The mini rebuy on here. Played pretty good and got 6th for £121 for a small overall profit on the night.
    Had a nice little result on Ebay today as well. I've had a set of clubs in the shed for ages and I keep looking at them thinking I really should sell them. Well, I got round to it at last at the weekend and got £165 for them which I'm very pleased with.
    Sky are so ridiculous sometimes. I've had to edit my new heroes name. The filters don't seem to like Rimmmer
  • edited June 2014
    I watched the final table of the UKPC last night. Thought it was a good watch. The guy who won it seemed a good player and a nice lad. I much preferred the coverage in this episode. I couldn't really understand why they did the non poker bits in the other episodes. There may be the odd moan that it only showed the action hands but that's all they can do really. I remember there was a live cash game from DTD streamed a while ago and to be honest it was pretty boring. They only did it the once. I do now have a new poker hero. James Rimmmer, the bloke who came 4th, not the former Aston Villa keeper. He gave the best exit interview I've ever seen. None of this, "the money will all go in the bankroll and help me on my quest for world poker domination". Just an honest answer. The money was going to pay off his bills and he was going to give his daughter £250 for a new frock for her wedding. Brilliant! The story we were told was that he was only there because there was a spare seat in a car and he satted into the event. No grumbles of any bad beats either, (take note Paul,) and he must have been a nightmare to play against. Loved the hand where he got the aces to fold. Very emotional in the interview and most definitely my new hero. :) .. I was unfaithful for the first time tonight. Played a sat on DTD for the £250 mini. Never got going unfortunately. As I'm on a poker break ☺ I only played one game alongside it. The mini rebuy on here. Played pretty good and got 6th for £121 for a small overall profit on the night. .. Had a nice little result on Ebay today as well. I've had a set of clubs in the shed for ages and I keep looking at them thinking I really should sell them. Well, I got round to it at last at the weekend and got £165 for them which I'm very pleased with. .. Sky are so ridiculous sometimes. I've had to edit my new heroes name. The filters don't seem to like Rimmmer ☺
    Posted by Jac35
    Couldn't you have come 7th to help me out sir?
  • edited June 2014
    This time last year I was really looking forward to my first SPT on 7th June. Had my hotel booked and was thinking off setting off in a couple of hours to meet up with PokerTrev and the TPT people.
    Was looking forward to playing the Friday comp and getting to know some of the Sky people and getting wrecked before the actual event on the Saturday.

This year is different. 
    No SPT tomorrow. Although the good news is that loads of people who don't play on Sky and probably never will, are going to have a whale of a time in August at huge buy in event that 99% of people on Sky can't afford to buy in to.

I've qualified for the £48 sat on Sunday. If by some miracle I get a seat for the £220 sat, I'll dereg and use the cash towards the pretend SPT. I can't justify to myself playing a £220 sat.