You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ramblings of an old man

Comments

• edited July 2014

Congrats on your Main and Mini FT's last night Paul.....

OH. :)

Keep away from MTT's now...and get back to them DYM's that you love so much. TY.
  • edited July 2014
    Yesterday was good for another reason too.
    Making a few quid was fun but far, far better was that Oscar the cat is still with us.

As you will be aware I'm getting on a bit and so when I say Oscar has been with me for nearly all my adult life you'll realise he's pretty old. 

When I was 19 I rented a flat (think they're known as apartments these days) with my then girlfriend as I saved up for a house. Next door had a cat and it was a tiny thing that I saw them actually kick on a fair few occasions. My girlfriend let him in regulary to feed him and one day the cretins next door saw hmm coming out of our fiat. They said that if we liked the little basstard that much we could have him. So we did. He was terrified off people and ran away from everyone but us two.

The girlfriend went but Oscar stayed and he grew in confidence and is my mate. Many times I'd get home from a night out and get halfway through a kebab before falling asleep. I'd wake up and the kebab would be gone and a very happy cat smiling at me. Only the best for Oscar!

I noticed a couple of days ago that he seemed to have a few lumps on his back and feared the worst. He was due to go to the vets anyway as he needs his claws clipping. Apparently as they get older cats can't retract them as They can when they're young.
    The lumps the vet thought were just due to scratches he'd picked up whilst out and about that had become infected. A course of antibiotics and he should be fine. 

Big sigh of relief.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    Yesterday was good for another reason too. Making a few quid was fun but far, far better was that Oscar the cat is still with us. As you will be aware I'm getting on a bit and so when I say Oscar has been with me for nearly all my adult life you'll realise he's pretty old.  When I was 19 I rented a flat (think they're known as apartments these days) with my then girlfriend as I saved up for a house. Next door had a cat and it was a tiny thing that I saw them actually kick on a fair few occasions. My girlfriend let him in regulary to feed him and one day the cretins next door saw hmm coming out of our fiat. They said that if we liked the little basstard that much we could have him. So we did. He was terrified off people and ran away from everyone but us two. The girlfriend went but Oscar stayed and he grew in confidence and is my mate. Many times I'd get home from a night out and get halfway through a kebab before falling asleep. I'd wake up and the kebab would be gone and a very happy cat smiling at me. Only the best for Oscar! I noticed a couple of days ago that he seemed to have a few lumps on his back and feared the worst. He was due to go to the vets anyway as he needs his claws clipping. Apparently as they get older cats can't retract them as They can when they're young. The lumps the vet thought were just due to scratches he'd picked up whilst out and about that had become infected. A course of antibiotics and he should be fine.  Big sigh of relief.
    Posted by Jac35
    Nice story Jac
    We have a fridge magnet that says:
    "Its the cats house , we just pay the mortgage"
    Wouldn't have it any other way.
  • edited July 2014
    Well I can't go 3 whole posts without a moan!

By and large the chat box facility is a good thing in online poker. I had some lovely comments last night of support and in general it's nice to chat with people you've got to know online.

Occasionally it's not so good though. There was one player who was playing a little differently to the others in the main last night. Well, it was certainly working as they eventually came 2nd for a very nice pay day. 

For some reason one player didn't like the way the guy was playing. He made some derogatory comments as soon as he joined the table that were ignored. Then he got knocked out by the player who he didn't seem to rate. That started some awful abuse and understandably provoked a reaction in the end. 

There were the hope you get aids comments and also some vile racist abuse. What gets into these people? We were playing a £10 rebuy for gods sake!

As is normally the case he is a heavy losing player during his time on here. 
    I've just reported it and I really hope that it's dealt with.
    There's just no place for it at the tables.
  • edited July 2014
    Delighted for your success last night Paul, it was a truly enjoyable experience railing you.

As for the abuse you mention, its a long time since i've witnessed a worse case and I sincerely hope that Sky severely punish the culprit as this kind of thing is completely out of order irrespective of how the victim played his cards.

Also just wanted to say "GO OSCAR", yesterday was a good day all round.
  • edited July 2014
    Absolutely desperate to get a kitty!! So glad yours is ok :)
  • edited July 2014
    Absolutely desperate to get a kitty!! So glad yours is ok :)
    Posted by mrsduck
    A cat!

Is that a good idea, you being a duck an all?
  • edited July 2014
    Congrats on your Main and Mini FT's last night Paul..... OH. :)  Keep away from MTT's now...and get back to them DYM's that you love so much. TY.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    NOOOOO...stay away from the DYMs!!

Great results Jac vwp
  • edited July 2014
    Welcome to the FT jackpot club.
  • edited July 2014
    Jacs Dental Plan Day 3

Little heater continues

Played golf and so was back too late for the main tonight.

Played a couple of Dyms at £11 and won 1 lost 1 (I stink at dyms right now)
    Played some weird game where you have lows and highs :). Managed to outlast Tikay though!
    Might have given the game away when I announced to the table at the start that I was googling how to play the silly game.

Played the £2000 b/h and the £2 speed.

Came 2nd in the speed for £61.85 and have just busted the b/h in 5th for £127.08. Hope  Jdsallster wins the b/h, he was chipleader when I was removed from my seat and playing really well.

Reasonably happy with mtts this month.
    Played 4 cashed in 4

Balance with a little bit of rakeback thrown in   £1117

Teeth paid for and a bit left over for a couple of pints

• edited July 2014
    A few pics

Great cat

Found this earlier today. Me, a long time ago. Great hair

Place where we stayed on recent holiday. Great place

View from my seat at the outside bar. Great bar
  • edited July 2014
    Jacs Dental Plan Day 3 Little heater continues ☺ Played golf and so was back too late for the main tonight. Played a couple of Dyms at £11 and won 1 lost 1 (I stink at dyms right now) Played some weird game where you have lows and highs :). Managed to outlast Tikay though! Might have given the game away when I announced to the table at the start that I was googling how to play the silly game. Played the £2000 b/h and the £2 speed. Came 2nd in the speed for £61.85 and have just busted the b/h in 5th for £127.08. Hope  Jdsallster wins the b/h, he was chipleader when I was removed from my seat and playing really well. Reasonably happy with mtts this month. Played 4 cashed in 4 Balance with a little bit of rakeback thrown in   £1117 Teeth paid for and a bit left over for a couple of pints .......
    Posted by Jac35

all I have to say is :)
  • edited July 2014
    Well I can't go 3 whole posts without a moan! By and large the chat box facility is a good thing in online poker. I had some lovely comments last night of support and in general it's nice to chat with people you've got to know online. Occasionally it's not so good though. There was one player who was playing a little differently to the others in the main last night. Well, it was certainly working as they eventually came 2nd for a very nice pay day.  For some reason one player didn't like the way the guy was playing. He made some derogatory comments as soon as he joined the table that were ignored. Then he got knocked out by the player who he didn't seem to rate. That started some awful abuse and understandably provoked a reaction in the end.  There were the hope you get aids comments and also some vile racist abuse. What gets into these people? We were playing a £10 rebuy for gods sake! As is normally the case he is a heavy losing player during his time on here.  I've just reported it and I really hope that it's dealt with. There's just no place for it at the tables.
    Posted by Jac35
    That's just terrible, Paul.

I'm delighted to hear you did the correct thing & reported it.

The fact that it was all over a tenner rebuy makes it all the more ridiculous.

There is a fellow who plays the PLO8 DYM's who abuses everyone everytime he loses a hand. Last night, with the help of asterisks & the space bar, he said to another player - "THAT IS WHY YOU DESERVE TO BE THE RE*ARD YOU ARE".

To be fair to him, many poker players don't seem to know what "you are a re*ard", (or even "mo*on") in that context, really means.  If we berated someone for the colour of their skin, because they were financially poor, or had Downs Syndrome, everyone knows it is unacceptable. But re*ard is fine. I once saw an intelligent & high stakes player call another "a learning difficulty victim". Bet he was pleased he came up with that witty line.

Let me say this, & I don't care what the Suits say. People who behave that way should be removed from all forms of poker. They might then think twice before shooting their mouth like a spoilt 5 year old who lost his sweeties.

DISCLAIMER. Sheesh, I'm grumpy this morning.....   

• edited July 2014
    Let me say this, & I don't care what the Suits say. People who behave that way should be removed from all forms of poker.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Awww don't do that, we want all these angry but less-competent players to stay and donate their money... just get them muted so no-one has to read their bile!

Not started reading this diary till recently, but have to admit it's a great read.  For a Derby supporter :)

Love the story of how the cat got adopted, that act of kindness has to warrant a lot more good karma at the poker tables!
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Awww don't do that, we want all these angry but less-competent players to stay and donate their money... just get them muted so no-one has to read their bile! Not started reading this diary till recently, but have to admit it's a great read.  For a Derby supporter :) Love the story of how the cat got adopted, that act of kindness has to warrant a lot more good karma at the poker tables!
    Posted by shakinaces
    Thanks a lot Shakin
    I'm right in thinking you're a Forest supporter? We're already bracing ourselves for the "Did you cry at Wemberley?" chants etc.. This one was spotted by a friend at Glastonbury as well. Thought it was quite good.

How do you think you'll get on next season? Pearce the right man? I thought he did well at Man City and was a bit unlucky to be sacked. Thought he seemed pretty poor with the England U21's. Will he be allowed to spend big? Is the money actually there to spend big?
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Nice story Jac We have a fridge magnet that says: "Its the cats house , we just pay the mortgage" Wouldn't have it any other way.
    Posted by VespaPX
    We have one which says "Husband & cat missing - Reward for cat"
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : We have one which says "Husband & cat missing - Reward for cat"
    Posted by Glenelg
    Like +1
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Thanks a lot Shakin I'm right in thinking you're a Forest supporter? We're already bracing ourselves for the "Did you cry at Wemberley?" chants etc.. This one was spotted by a friend at Glastonbury as well. Thought it was quite good. How do you think you'll get on next season? Pearce the right man? I thought he did well at Man City and was a bit unlucky to be sacked. Thought he seemed pretty poor with the England U21's. Will he be allowed to spend big? Is the money actually there to spend big?
    Posted by Jac35
    Wp.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Wp.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Lol
    Wondered if there might be any reaction from you with that one.
    He was there before the money? Seemed to do ok from afar but as you're a fan, happy to stand corrected.
    It was the same at Derby for all the years that Clough was there. Everyone outside the club seemed to believe that he was doing a great job with no money. 
    He actually spent loads,badly.

In fairness to him as well he actually brought in some decent players. Unfortunately he bombed all the good ones out and just kept the dross and ones he could bully.
  • edited July 2014
    He had a very solid 10 games or so as caretaker manager after KK left. Which led to him getting the job full time.

Then it all fell apart. A very average first season in charge (including a cup exit at the hands of Doncaster) was followed up by the shambolic 06/07 season.....the season where we scored 10 goals at home in the WHOLE CAMPAIGN, and not a single goal at Eastlands after the turn of the year. Anyone suffering from insomnia, just dig out a copy of that years season review, job done. You're welcome, no doctor required.

He also signed Samaras for 6 million quid.

I do like him, and he was in charge at City during a difficult period, but I don't know if he's cut out to be a top level manager.

Little anecdote to the above....SP finished his playing career at City. Last game of the season, and his final ever game, was against Pompey at home. City are (I think) 4-2 up. SP is on 99 career goals. City need one more goal for a First division record (this was the swashbuckling King Kevin years). We win a penalty in stoppage time. Pearce of course steps up to take it. Dave Beasant has a word in Pearce's ear saying he isn't going to move. What does Stu do?

Over the bar. GG Pearce, wp.
  • edited July 2014
    He had a very solid 10 games or so as caretaker manager after KK left. Which led to him getting the job full time. Then it all fell apart. A very average first season in charge (including a cup exit at the hands of Doncaster) was followed up by the shambolic 06/07 season.....the season where we scored 10 goals at home in the WHOLE CAMPAIGN, and not a single goal at Eastlands after the turn of the year. Anyone suffering from insomnia, just dig out a copy of that years season review, job done. You're welcome, no doctor required. He also signed Samaras for 6 million quid. I do like him, and he was in charge at City during a difficult period, but I don't know if he's cut out to be a top level manager. Little anecdote to the above....SP finished his playing career at City. Last game of the season, and his final ever game, was against Pompey at home. City are (I think) 4-2 up. SP is on 99 career goals. City need one more goal for a First division record (this was the swashbuckling King Kevin years). We win a penalty in stoppage time. Pearce of course steps up to take it. Dave Beasant has a word in Pearce's ear saying he isn't going to move. What does Stu do? Over the bar. GG Pearce, wp.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Ha! Great story.

I think even Stuart's most ardent admirers would reaily concede that he is not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.

He was, of course, a quite wonderful player, & we all loved him.

He then became a Manager, or more correctly, "Manager".

• edited July 2014
    My fav anecdote re: pearce was when he first signed for forest clough asked franz carr, his flying winger, tp really put the young left back to the test in his first training sessions. Within half an hour carr was on the sidelines for a few weeks after being subjected to what is known as a 'reducer' from pearce.

That or when he tried to 'run off' a broken leg. Sums him up well.
  • edited July 2014
    My Pearce story sums him up as a manager.

I remember Danny Mills, not a huge fan of Pearce, speaking on Fighting Talk about man-management.
    He recalled when with a couple of minutes to go, needing a win against Middlesborough, he sent on David James on up front!
    Might be wrong but I think he said that he had John Macken (a striker) on the bench at the time. I imagine that Macken thought his time at City might be up when that happened!

Unfortunately, he then came to Derby but that's another story.

He was a fabulous left back. Far better in my opinion than Cole. Defensively just as good and far better going forward. Everybody used to rave about Coles attacking ability. I struggle to remember many goals or brilliant crosses that he put in. Pearce on the other hand marauded forward every week doing just that.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : That's just terrible, Paul. I'm delighted to hear you did the correct thing & reported it. The fact that it was all over a tenner rebuy makes it all the more ridiculous. There is a fellow who plays the PLO8 DYM's who abuses everyone everytime he loses a hand. Last night, with the help of asterisks & the space bar, he said to another player - "THAT IS WHY YOU DESERVE TO BE THE RE*ARD YOU ARE". To be fair to him, many poker players don't seem to know what "you are a re*ard", (or even "mo*on") in that context, really means.  If we berated someone for the colour of their skin, because they were financially poor, or had Downs Syndrome, everyone knows it is unacceptable. But re*ard is fine. I once saw an intelligent & high stakes player call another " a learning difficulty victim" . Bet he was pleased he came up with that witty line. Let me say this, & I don't care what the Suits say. People who behave that way should be removed from all forms of poker. They might then think twice before shooting their mouth like a spoilt 5 year old who lost his sweeties. DISCLAIMER. Sheesh, I'm grumpy this morning.....     
    Posted by Tikay10
    If my 5 year old girl had acted like this "person" - it really worries me that they still get a vote! - she would not have made it to be the beautiful 19 year old woman she is today...
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Thanks a lot Shakin I'm right in thinking you're a Forest supporter? We're already bracing ourselves for the "Did you cry at Wemberley?" chants etc.. This one was spotted by a friend at Glastonbury as well. Thought it was quite good. How do you think you'll get on next season? Pearce the right man? I thought he did well at Man City and was a bit unlucky to be sacked. Thought he seemed pretty poor with the England U21's. Will he be allowed to spend big? Is the money actually there to spend big?
    Posted by Jac35
    I'm sure it can't be as bad as the banter post-Yeovil... and post-Blackpool... and post-Swansea (not to mention the post-Sheff Utd before all that). I hate the play-offs :(

Was never super keen on Psycho as manager as it's a tough gig for anyone and it'll hurt that much more if it does go wrong for him. He's probably the main reason I ended up as a Forest fan, given I grew up playing left-back myself.

Personally my best story was when he came to do a meet and greet at my office, best day at work ever! Alas he signed an old Forest shirt but not the signing on form we offered for our Sunday league team.

Always seems like a truly genuine bloke among the many monster egos in football. I loved the fact he was still advertising as Sparky in the match day programme when he first went pro because he wasn't sure he'd make it... can't imagine many of today's England footballers doing that!

And money this season... who knows! I'm sure it is there, but we need a football CEO to give some guidance to the Al-Hasawis before they waste more cash. I don't doubt we'll be top half of the table, but beyond that will depend on signings / retentions - and after last season, keeping first team players fit!!

Best part though, would think Forest / Derby will be reasonably well matched... which always makes for a slightly more interesting season.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : I'm sure it can't be as bad as the banter post-Yeovil... and post-Blackpool... and post-Swansea (not to mention the post-Sheff Utd before all that). I hate the play-offs :( Was never super keen on Psycho as manager as it's a tough gig for anyone and it'll hurt that much more if it does go wrong for him. He's probably the main reason I ended up as a Forest fan, given I grew up playing left-back myself. Personally my best story was when he came to do a meet and greet at my office, best day at work ever! Alas he signed an old Forest shirt but not the signing on form we offered for our Sunday league team. Always seems like a truly genuine bloke among the many monster egos in football. I loved the fact he was still advertising as Sparky in the match day programme when he first went pro because he wasn't sure he'd make it... can't imagine many of today's England footballers doing that! And money this season... who knows! I'm sure it is there, but we need a football CEO to give some guidance to the Al-Hasawis before they waste more cash. I don't doubt we'll be top half of the table, but beyond that will depend on signings / retentions - and after last season, keeping first team players fit!! Best part though, would think Forest / Derby will be reasonably well matched... which always makes for a slightly more interesting season.
    Posted by shakinaces
    Nah, think we're better
  • edited July 2014

Update

Losing a bit, end of update :(

Spose I should expand a little.
    Not played much since the little mtt binks. Won a few quid at cash the other night. Tonight, I've lost about £40. Bit irritated with myself as I regged a couple of all in sats. Never won one and it's basically giving money away. I also seem to have forgotten how to play dyms. Just had a quick session. Won 4 lost 3. Unfortunately I lost the higher stake games so made another small loss. Lost a couple more than I won earlier as well. I've always been aggressive in them but having played mainly mtts recently my mindset is wrong. Hands that are standard opens in mtts but quick folds in dyms I've been playing. Need to sort that out. Maybe if I've gone all rubbish at them it's time to bin them as suggested by some and play more mtts. Be hard to let go of my comfort blanket though

Maintained my record of never playing the roller. Things have been going well recently and I wouldn't bat an eyelid at buying in for £100 live. Just seem to have a mental block about doing it online. I'm a weirdo.

Played a stableford today. Pressure time as I was off 9.4 going into it. I played really well. Level through 10, then 2 over through 15. Already got 35 points at that stage and so was thinking of winning the comp and getting back to at least 8. 16 a par 3 I made 5, 17 a par 4 I recorded a 9! and on the 18th I 3 stabbed for a 6. Well batted Paul, 36 points, GRRRR

Teddy reminded me of Franz Carr. 1985 Milk Cup v Forest. We got out of the car on Crewe Street. I used to go with my Dad and Grandad. Crewe Street was about a mile from the Baseball Ground. I could hear the crowd. It was only 7.00 and I'd never heard the crowd from that far away before. 25,000 packed into the Baseball Ground, it was the biggest crowd I'd ever seen. We were in the 3rd division and Forest were doing well in the 1st division. They won 2-1 and I was in awe of Franz Carr. He was the quickest player I'd ever seen and was brilliant. Tore Steve Buckley apart that night. I had a new hero. As it transpired Franz wasn't actually a consistent world beater but on that night he was fantastic.

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Nah, think we're better ☺
    Posted by Jac35
    lol Ok... I don't think we'll be 5 goals worse than you again *insert crying smiley*
  • edited July 2014
    Unusually for me this may be long and go off in different directions.

I'm pretty stubborn in general and so I've surprised myself by starting to think that Ivan/Geldy and a few others may actually be right and I'm wrong.

I'll explain. A while ago I thought Ivan was crazy when he was talking about preferring to lose as long as he played well, as opposed to getting lucky whilst playing badly. I still think there are some situations e.g huge events where he's wrong but in the general games we play he might be onto something.

Playing golf on Sunday made me think about this. I played really well and was scoring well. 2 over stood on the 16th tee. The 17th is a long par 4 with an island green. I didn't quite get my drive and had 210 left to the green from the rough. I made the right decision and laid up exactly where I wanted to be between 100-110 yards leaving me a full sand wedge. I chunked the ball into the water. I then dropped the ball in the same place and did exactly the same again. One of my playing partners intimated that it might be better to take my next drop closer to the green. I disagreed and didn't panic, I knew that it was the right decision to play from this spot rather than have a half shot. This time I did what I had been doing for the whole round prior this hole and put the ball to 10 feet. I carded a 9 and my great score had become average. You may be surprised but I have been known to be grumpy on a golf course. This time I was really happy as I drove home. I'd made the right decisions and just happened to play my 2 worst shots of the day at the worst time. If I keep playing like that in the long term i'll get my handicap back down again.

I then thought about the mtts I did well in last week. I went out of 3 of them maybe a touch earlier than I could have. I was really happy though as I'd made the right decisions. The spots were there and I got it in ahead each time. The other mtt I played I folded a hand when it was a 3bet all in every day of the week. There was an away guy on the other table with 2 bigs left and I considered that. it was a stupid decision not to play that hand, the ladder was only £25. The very next hand brought it home even more. Jdsallstar was in a very similar spot and he went for it and got the double up. He then went onto to win the tourney and cashed for about £450 more than me. Looking at it that way, the extra £25 I locked up doesn't seem so great.

So in the 1 comp where by not taking a spot I won another £25 I'm furious with myself. In the others where I maybe could have moved up a bit if I didn't go with my hand, I was happy. Kind of proves Ivans point I think.
    Dropping the ball multiple times trying to knock the ball onto an island green sounds a bit Tin Cuppish. Actually, maybe not. Costner was trying to win the US Open and it was a 2 iron and not a wedge, I so wanted him to win it. Chuffed when he holed it with his last ball. Love golf films.

Little known fact is that Adam Sandler was actually flown over to Derby to play a few rounds with me at Horsley Lodge prior to filming Happy Gilmore. By the 2nd round he had perfected the swing that he used in the film.

Hope the Seve film is good. Feels a bit soon? If it's anything like Senna then it will be great. Not seen Rush yet. Should get round to that.
    Talking of films I've become a huge DiCaprio fan over the last few years and I didn't think I'd ever say that. Loved Django (although Christoph Waltz does steal the show) loved Wolf of Wall Street, loved Gangs of New York, Day Lewis was wonderful in that as well. Not seen The Aviator, should see it. Actually hated Inception, I think I'm on my own with that one though.
  • edited July 2014
    Unusually for me this may be long and go off in different directions. I'm pretty stubborn in general and so I've surprised myself by starting to think that Ivan/Geldy and a few others may actually be right and I'm wrong. I'll explain. A while ago I thought Ivan was crazy when he was talking about preferring to lose as long as he played well, as opposed to getting lucky whilst playing badly. I still think there are some situations e.g huge events where he's wrong but in the general games we play he might be onto something. Playing golf on Sunday made me think about this. I played really well and was scoring well. 2 over stood on the 16th tee. The 17th is a long par 4 with an island green. I didn't quite get my drive and had 210 left to the green from the rough. I made the right decision and laid up exactly where I wanted to be between 100-110 yards leaving me a full sand wedge. I chunked the ball into the water. I then dropped the ball in the same place and did exactly the same again. One of my playing partners intimated that it might be better to take my next drop closer to the green. I disagreed and didn't panic, I knew that it was the right decision to play from this spot rather than have a half shot. This time I did what I had been doing for the whole round prior this hole and put the ball to 10 feet. I carded a 9 and my great score had become average. You may be surprised but I have been known to be grumpy on a golf course. This time I was really happy as I drove home. I'd made the right decisions and just happened to play my 2 worst shots of the day at the worst time. If I keep playing like that in the long term i'll get my handicap back down again. I then thought about the mtts I did well in last week. I went out of 3 of them maybe a touch earlier than I could have. I was really happy though as I'd made the right decisions. The spots were there and I got it in ahead each time. The other mtt I played I folded a hand when it was a 3bet all in every day of the week. There was an away guy on the other table with 2 bigs left and I considered that. it was a stupid decision not to play that hand, the ladder was only £25. The very next hand brought it home even more. Jdsallstar was in a very similar spot and he went for it and got the double up.  He then went onto to win the tourney and cashed for about £450 more than me. Looking at it that way, the extra £25 I locked up doesn't seem so great. So in the 1 comp where by not taking a spot I won another £25 I'm furious with myself. In the others where I maybe could have moved up a bit if I didn't go with my hand, I was happy. Kind of proves Ivans point I think. ... Dropping the ball multiple times trying to knock the ball onto an island green sounds a bit Tin Cuppish. Actually, maybe not. Costner was trying to win the US Open and it was a 2 iron and not a wedge, I so wanted him to win it. Chuffed when he holed it with his last ball. Love golf films. Little known fact is that Adam Sandler was actually flown over to Derby to play a few rounds with me at Horsley Lodge prior to filming Happy Gilmore. By the 2nd round he had perfected the swing that he used in the film. Hope the Seve film is good. Feels a bit soon? If it's anything like Senna then it will be great. Not seen Rush yet. Should get round to that. ... Talking of films I've become a huge DiCaprio fan over the last few years and I didn't think I'd ever say that. Loved Django (although Christoph Waltz does steal the show) loved Wolf of Wall Street, loved Gangs of New York, Day Lewis was wonderful in that as well. Not seen The Aviator, should see it. Actually hated Inception, I think I'm on my own with that one though. ...
    Posted by Jac35
    Funny you say that because I've always considered one of my major flaws is NOT going for it enough. I always think its the dym mindset leaking into my mtt game. Sometimes i go the opposite way by going for it too much - I struggle with that balance. 

I think in general you're way too hard on yourself though - your record in MTT's (and DYM's of course) is up there with some of the best on the site.