You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ramblings of an old man

Comments

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT. Brentford 2 (two) Derby County 1
    Posted by Tikay10
    Everyones favourite forum member messaged me earlier today

"are Derby going to win today?"

"No"

"Really? They're a decent price. Brentford are nothing special"

"I know. Arsses always give us trouble though. Even more annoyingly they're Tikays team. Bound to get abuse"

Grrr, Hate it when I'm right sometimes
  • edited November 2014
    the last game of professional football i watched live in the UK happened before most of you were born. 

and i can´t say i miss it (not when there are international teams like barcelona to watch)

so all this derby brentford stuff is like whoosh over my head

but its still good to see, & gives you some pub banter when needed (wow, did you see the derby brentford game the other day, would you adam and eve it!!!)

and then there is golf and golf courses. now i can get some cheap thrills from a discussion about concrete, but golf.......

but despite all that this is still the first forum thread to read when catching up. and never fails to entertain every time.

so you must be doing something right Paul.
  • edited November 2014
    the last game of professional football i watched live in the UK happened before most of you were born.  and i can´t say i miss it (not when there are international teams like barcelona to watch) so all this derby brentford stuff is like whoosh over my head but its still good to see, & gives you some pub banter when needed (wow, did you see the derby brentford game the other day, would you adam and eve it!!!) and then there is golf and golf courses. now i can get some cheap thrills from a discussion about concrete, but golf....... but despite all that this is still the first forum thread to read when catching up. and never fails to entertain every time. so you must be doing something right Paul.
    Posted by GELDY
    And there you have it  Geldy. Different stokes 

I'm not bright enough to have the intellectual, full of big word, intellectual banter that you have with Slipwater.

But fortunately for me. With Tikay, we can do simple stuff :)
  • edited November 2014

Harsh, but fair.

Marv.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : And there you have it  Geldy. Different stokes  I'm not bright enough to have the intellectual, full of big word, intellectual banter that you have with Slipwater. But fortunately for me. With Tikay, we can do simple stuff :)
    Posted by Jac35
    There is ONLY one Stoke! (Gods country to some, the pits to others, granted!)

I am sure you mean a different word?

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : There is ONLY one Stoke! (Gods country to some, the pits to others, granted!) I am sure you mean a different word?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Lol,  yeah typo
    The A500 is great. Gets you through Stroke very quickly

I await the pic with some trepidation
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Lol,  yeah typo The A500 is great. Gets you through Stroke very quickly I await the pic with some trepidation
    Posted by Jac35

LOL, if only. My old man was heavily involved on the management side of things of  the old 'queensway' back in the late 70's. This is better known now as the a500. It is my main drag to get to and from work. It is a grind! A normal 20 min commute can take 40/50/60 mins...on a GOOD DAY!

I am getting more and more road ragey everyday! I didn't used to smoke in the mornings, but can have a couple now just on the way to work!

When the SPT finally comes to Stoke, you will be able to see this first hand. 
  • edited November 2014

Most interesting bit of road.

I helped build the Waste Reduction Unit near the Stadium, the Holiday Inn Express, & the Sainsbury Distribution Centre round the corner.

• edited November 2014
    That was a pretty maxi result for a mini
    vwp Paul.
  • edited November 2014
    Jac3526320001st/494£1360
    How do these things happen?

PS - Well done!
  • edited November 2014
    Great result! A good night for the regs last night, WP!
  • edited November 2014
    Congrats Paul WP
  • edited November 2014

yeah yeah yeah.....not too bad I suppose. Wasn't a Main or the HR though, was it? ;)
  • edited November 2014
    played jac!

was quite a night for the forum lads
  • edited November 2014
    Thanks chaps

Tikay - Harsh, but fair

The answer is that I ran really really well. I had Aces a lot and won some pretty big flips.
    Had a 'gulp' moment with around 10 left.  I got it in pre with QQ vQQ and he was 4 to the flush on the flop.

I had a huge pot with IrishRose when we had most of the chips in play between us 4 handed.  I turned the 2nd nuts and Rose had a strong hand as well. Typically of Rose she said 'nh' straight away.  She is a lovely lady and deservedly had a great TPT rail.

I had a rail as well. They were a little different though :)

A bit like a football match TPT cheered on Rose. Outlaws, Sam and hhyrtr cheering on whoever was in a pot against me!

I got heads up with TheDart who from from the few times that I've played against him seems like a real gentleman. 
    He's also a very good player and so I was delighted to sneak over the line. 

1st main of the week for me tonight. 
    Looking forward to it. 
  • edited November 2014
    Well Played Jac.

Your efforts passed me by last night I am afraid - I was busy railing Craig and Maca in the High Roller.

Happy to see you binked a UKOPS event though.

I'll be taking a poker break until Thursday - was actually working late while on the rail until 2am - and have a mad busy week but I will cheer on any forum regs where I can in the meantime.

GL in the ME.
  • edited November 2014
  • edited November 2014
    Thanks chaps Tikay - Harsh, but fair The answer is that I ran really really well. I had Aces a lot and won some pretty big flips. Had a 'gulp' moment with around 10 left.  I got it in pre with QQ vQQ and he was 4 to the flush on the flop. I had a huge pot with IrishRose when we had most of the chips in play between us 4 handed.  I turned the 2nd nuts and Rose had a strong hand as well. Typically of Rose she said 'nh' straight away.  She is a lovely lady and deservedly had a great TPT rail. I had a rail as well. They were a little different though :) A bit like a football match TPT cheered on Rose. Outlaws, Sam and hhyrtr cheering on whoever was in a pot against me! I got heads up with TheDart who from from the few times that I've played against him seems like a real gentleman.  He's also a very good player and so I was delighted to sneak over the line.  1st main of the week for me tonight.  Looking forward to it. 
    Posted by Jac35

You didn't... we were there to cheer Rose on :) you just happened to be on the same table. 
    WP tho, at least your wife gets new curtains now. Bye Bye Winnings.

• edited November 2014
    Super stuff pal very well played.
    The other thing I sorted this morning should be there sometime today.
    Best of luck for the UKOPS I should be online later.

Thanks chaps Tikay - Harsh, but fair The answer is that I ran really really well. I had Aces a lot and won some pretty big flips. Had a 'gulp' moment with around 10 left.  I got it in pre with QQ vQQ and he was 4 to the flush on the flop. I had a huge pot with IrishRose when we had most of the chips in play between us 4 handed.  I turned the 2nd nuts and Rose had a strong hand as well. Typically of Rose she said 'nh' straight away.  She is a lovely lady and deservedly had a great TPT rail. I had a rail as well. They were a little different though :) A bit like a football match TPT cheered on Rose. Outlaws, Sam and hhyrtr cheering on whoever was in a pot against me! I got heads up with TheDart who from from the few times that I've played against him seems like a real gentleman.  He's also a very good player and so I was delighted to sneak over the line.  1st main of the week for me tonight.  Looking forward to it. 
    Posted by Jac35
  • edited November 2014
    Congrats on the win, great to see the forum regs bossing the UKOPS so far.
  • edited November 2014
    Yeah, wp in that DYM or whatever it was last night.

50nl regs were probably silently railing, licking their lips ;)
  • edited November 2014
    Congratulations on the win.
    WP.
  • edited November 2014
    Yeah, wp in that DYM or whatever it was last night. 50nl regs were probably silently railing, licking their lips ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    lol!
    Double lol!
    :)
  • edited November 2014
    Superb result mate - good on ya!!

When I have the time I will have a look back at all your great MTT results since I told you to play them more...not that I am taking the credit or anything :)
  • edited November 2014

Played the main tonight. Never got going. Made a questionable call preflop with KQ diamonds and couldn't get away once I hit top pair on the flop from my stack.

Day off tomorrow.

Next one up for me is £55b/h on Wednesday.

Played a few Dyms tonight before and after I bust the main. Went ok. Liking 1087 points after 3 days. Might have a bash at priority this month.

Had a recall on my car. Problem with the steering apparently. Nothing to worry about they say just being careful. Pop it down to us at your convienience. What happens if my steering goes on way to dealer?

• edited November 2014
    Couldn't make the Mighty Rams thumping of Huddersfield last night.
    So decided to play the £10 rebuy. Bit of an odd game for me. I hardly played a hand but maintained average stack all the way through courtesy of having big hands a couple of times to short stack shoves. With 40 left I lost a standard one where my friend from the other night, TheDart, shoved bvb. Had AQ diamonds and he rather annoyingly  had QQ. Left me short and I bust a few hands later.

Had a good night at Dyms but unfortunately discoed during my last 2 games. Got back in time to see me with 1 bb in one of them . The other one I returned just as Dragon was minning my bb. Thought he might just be nicking the away players bb and shoved over him. Didn't work out :)

Still thinking of priority but it's going to be a hard sell with Mrs J. Double dym points next week so could comfortably make a 1000 points  each day. With the amount that I'm playing this week though she may well have a word.

£55b/h tonight.  Haven't cashed mtt wise for a while so would be nice to get a result. 
  • edited November 2014
    Haven't cashed mtt wise for a while so would be nice to get a result. 
    Posted by Jac35

Yeah....you are running so bad ATM, hope you can turn it around soon pal. My heart is bleeding for ya here.
  • edited November 2014
    Couldn't make the Mighty Rams thumping of Huddersfield last night. So decided to play the £10 rebuy. Bit of an odd game for me. I hardly played a hand but maintained average stack all the way through courtesy of having big hands a couple of times to short stack shoves. With 40 left I lost a standard one where my friend from the other night, TheDart, shoved bvb. Had AQ diamonds and he rather annoyingly  had QQ. Left me short and I bust a few hands later. Had a good night at Dyms but unfortunately discoed during my last 2 games. Got back in time to see me with 1 bb in one of them . The other one I returned just as Dragon was minning my bb. Thought he might just be nicking the away players bb and shoved over him. Didn't work out :) Still thinking of priority but it's going to be a hard sell with Mrs J. Double dym points next week so could comfortably make a 1000 points  each day. With the amount that I'm playing this week though she may well have a word. £55b/h tonight.  Haven't cashed mtt wise for a while so would be nice to get a result. 
    Posted by Jac35
    Darty invested your chips well enough to at least cash, so that's a plus.

nice final sentence, but i am 100% sure you are just baiting me there. :-)

• edited November 2014

Played the £55b/h and the £22 turbo tonight. Bust the £22 with 40 left with a flip. Had  a monster pot in the £55. Utg raise into my bb and I flat with 88. See a pleasant A 8 2 rainbow flop. Turn 4 and we get it all in on a 3 river. He'd raised with 54. With the action before the river I don't think that I can put him on a 5. If he has aces then fair enough. Left me very short and bust a little while later.
    Not sure now. At the time I thought it was a total cooler but just looking back hmmm.

Had a few people buy into me for some of the UKOPS. The mini the other night wasn't on the stake.
    Really want to be able to give the backers a return. I've had a nice record previously of always winning a bit after being staked and don't want this time to be any different.
    Hopefully saving it for one of the mains at the Weekend.