You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ramblings of an old man

Comments

• edited November 2014
    gg main
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Jac35 Small blind  30.00 30.00 9217.50
    micko Big blind  60.00 90.00 9592.50
      Your hole cards

cpfc_2010 Fold     
    chrisdboy Raise  180.00 270.00 8210.00
    Essexphil Call  180.00 450.00 9280.00
    RossMc Fold     
    Jac35 Call  150.00 600.00 9067.50
    micko Fold     
    Flop

Jac35 Check     
    chrisdboy Bet  300.00 900.00 7910.00
    Essexphil Raise  720.00 1620.00 8560.00
    Jac35 Call  720.00 2340.00 8347.50
    chrisdboy Call  420.00 2760.00 7490.00
    Turn

• Q

Jac35 Check     
    chrisdboy Check     
    Essexphil Bet  1380.00 4140.00 7180.00
    Jac35 Raise  3000.00 7140.00 5347.50
    chrisdboy All-in  7490.00 14630.00 0.00
    Essexphil Fold     
    Jac35 Call  4490.00 19120.00 857.50
    Jac35 Show

chrisdboy Show
    • Q
    • Q

River

chrisdboy Win Three Queens 19120.00  19120.00
    Bit grumpy with this following the 8's hand the other night
  • edited November 2014
    ouch

#feelfreetomoan
  • edited November 2014
    Very unlucky Pal.

Save all the run good for the weekend.
  • edited November 2014

Smashing the dingles must make you happy today paul, congrats on the win, enjoy the rest of you,re day

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    Smashing the dingles must make you happy today paul, congrats on the win, enjoy the rest of you,re day
    Posted by stokefc
    Cheers mate

Yeah we were good today. Always a good sign when you're beating the teams around you. Pity we've got another international break now. I hate them.

It was a big night for the Outlaws last night.
    Jondabar played wonderfully and took the main down.
    Incredibly Samantha25 won a big mtt as well.
    I won a Dym and
    Hhyftrftdr err...railed.

Playing main, mini and £55b/h tonight.
    Lets do some wins

• edited November 2014
    GL Paul tonight! :)
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Cheers mate Yeah we were good today. Always a good sign when you're beating the teams around you. Pity we've got another international break now. I hate them. .... It was a big night for the Outlaws last night. Jondabar played wonderfully and took the main down. Incredibly Samantha25 won a big mtt as well. I won a Dym and Hhyftrftdr err...railed. Playing main, mini and £55b/h tonight. Lets do some wins
    Posted by Jac35
    Always happy to help where possible :)
  • edited November 2014
    This seemed a good spot
    Lambert180 Small blind  100.00 100.00 4470.00
    TwistedEc Big blind  200.00 300.00 15055.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

eddie2011 Raise  400.00 700.00 4147.50
    alfarch30 Fold     
    Jac35 Raise  1000.00 1700.00 12775.00
    Lambert180 Fold     
    TwistedEc Fold     
    eddie2011 All-in  4147.50 5847.50 0.00
    Jac35 Call  3547.50 9395.00 9227.50
    eddie2011 Show
    • K
    • K

Jac35 Show
    • A
    • A

Flop

• K
    • Q

Turn

• Q

River

eddie2011 Win Full House, Kings and Queens 9395.00
  • edited November 2014
    So I got my head down and worked my way back into the tournament. Got close to the money and then bust in 13th to the guy from the hand above. He 4xed and I had 99 4 handed and 14bigs. Think it has to go in. Still Zero flips won this week.
    SUPERSNEDD Small blind  500.00 500.00 31052.50
    cocokabala Big blind  1000.00 1500.00 40234.00
      Your hole cards

eddie2011 Raise  4000.00 5500.00 43983.75
    Jac35 All-in  14605.00 20105.00 0.00
    SUPERSNEDD Fold     
    cocokabala Fold     
    eddie2011 Call  10605.00 30710.00 33378.75
    eddie2011 Show
    • A
    • K

Jac35 Show

Flop

• Q
    • K

Turn

River

• K

eddie2011 Win Three Kings 30710.00
    Ukops so far
    Monday £110 main bust with KQ on Q high flop when quite short stacked
    Wednesday £55b/h bust with set of 8's. Guy made straight on river
    Friday £110 main flopped top set on 9 5 2 rainbow and Chrisdbhoy hit a set of Q's on the turn and it all went in.
    Saturday £110 main 3bet shoved about 14bigs with 9's. Lost to Mr Bromleys AQ
    Saturday £55 3bet shoved 9's from 14 bigs and lost to AK.
    Also played the mini rebuy tonight. Lost huge flip with Rose with 10's v KQ and then bust with AK v her Q9

Reasonably happy with how I've played this week. Don't think there have been any huge mistakes with exits.
    Deflating week but we go again tomorrow.
    Hoping I might have moaned in a bink. :)
  • edited November 2014
    Right. Done grumbling. Variance is always gonna be there in mtts.
    2 more shots tonight.
    Can't moan when Derby are top of the league, the weathers nice and off for a pub lunch.
    Afternoon nap should see me nicely refreshed for some krushings tonight :)
  • edited November 2014
    I've got back into good books with Mrs J after all the poker I've played this week.
    Just waiting to confirm tickets for Thriller and a posh hotel. We're also going to go to the Tower of London to see the ceramic poppies.
  • edited November 2014
    Well I  finished my UKOPS tonight.
    2 off the bubble in the £20b/h
    Nowhere in the £55b/h where I played really badly.

I had a run in the main.
    Very disappointed with myself right now. I played very solid all the way and then made a massive mistake to bust in 24th.
    I could give some justification for getting it all in but in truth I should never have gone broke in my exit hand. Just about every single thing I did in the hand was bad.

I 3bet KJ out of my bb to Huuuume. He's playing good and raising every button. He peeled and we saw a K high flop. I led out and he called. Alarm bells should have gone off here and checking the turn seems good now. But I led. I'd also gained the 2nd nut flush draw on turn and so it was unlikely that I was drawing dead.
    He put me in and I spent 10 seconds thinking what an idiot I was and then with so much in the middle I called.
    He had the only K hand that I could really put him on. KQ. Pretty sure he 4bets AK pre. Didn't think he would peel too many small pairs either.

Feel very stupid right now.

Big thanks to all the people who wished me luck when we were in the money. I know there's a slight chance that they were only there to watch the Moorman :)
    But it was really appreciated.

In the end out of £605 worth of mtts I cashed for £351. So got a bit back tonight but should have done much better.
    Need a little break from playing. I've got a lot of respect for the guys who do it night after night all year round. I'm knackered from just one week of it.

Bit of balance needed for me.
    After the mini win last week and a few DYM wins I'm still up well over £1k for the month so no great need to play. Going to have to try and resist the double point DYMs this week.
    Think for the rest of the month I should spend a little bit of time with Penny and Harry.
    Also there's golf to be played and pubs to be visited. :)
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Cheers mate Yeah we were good today. Always a good sign when you're beating the teams around you. Pity we've got another international break now. I hate them. .... It was a big night for the Outlaws last night. Jondabar played wonderfully and took the main down. Incredibly Samantha25 won a big DYM as well. I won a Dym and Hhyftrftdr err...railed. Playing main, mini and £55b/h tonight. Lets do some wins
    Posted by Jac35

Was a £2.25 one too :)

Have funtimes off with the Mrs & Mini Jacko

*still on page 4, seem to have readers block ;)
  • edited November 2014
    If I was given the job of looking after the forum and SKY for a day I would change a few things.

We're lucky that we have a forum in the first place. It's good as it is but why settle for good? Lets make it better.

Firstly I would get rid of a load of stuff and clean it up a bit to make it more user friendly. Just look on the left hand side.

It was a nice idea but it hasn't worked breaking up the clinic into different sections. Just looked now and to prove the point the last post in the SNG section was 10 days ago and the one before that 30 days ago.
    I'd just make it 'The clinic' again and would try and encourage people to post. Cash hand of the week, Dym hand of the week, Mtt hand of the week. A bit like TOTP the best would get seats into the mini roller.

Sky Poker Premiership - OUT (why's it still there?)
    Sky Poker live - OUT
    BB&V - OUT (just lets the nutcases rant)
    Introduction and FAQ - OUT
    Feedback area - OUT
    New Sky Poker features guide -OUT
    The Football Corner - OUT

Popular Threads and Blogs
    All of these can go. Garys thread can be accessed easily enough and I would move the blogs bit to another area. Orfords Odyssey had its last post over 2 years ago!
    I'd make sure the Promotions section was kept fully up to date. This will be one of the first things serious new players look at when they start on Sky. Lets at least give the right impression to start with.
    Dislike the app immensely. Good idea but needs improving.
    Bin the majority of the freerolls which only ever end up with people who have no intention of ever depositing grumbling about them. Just have 3 or 4 a month with worthwhile prizepools.
    100-2500 points freeroll
    2501-5000 points freeroll
    5001-7500 points freeroll
    7501-9999 points freeroll
    + the Priority freerolls remaining as they are.

I'd go for a much simpler approach. There are presently 22 tabs on the left. I'd cut it down to

The Rail
    The Clinic
    Diaries and Blogs
    Team Talk
    Betting Chat

Julian writes some great stuff as the site pro. I'm on the forum a lot and rarely see that he has posted.
    I'd sticky his and Tikays blogs at the top of Diaries and Blogs.
    Also, sod warning people. Anyone who wants to write tripe like "Sky is rigged" " Ratings systems" etc, instant ban. We don't need them. Let them write their delusional crapp on Poker Scout.

Ok, that will do
    Pub
  • edited November 2014
    I would bring back TOTP for this :)
  • edited November 2014
    .... Also, sod warning people. Anyone who wants to write tripe like "Sky is rigged" " Ratings systems" etc, instant ban. We don't need them. Let them write their delusional crapp on Poker Scout. .. Ok, that will do Pub ☺
    Posted by Jac35
    noooooo please leave these it makes me feel better about my rants, admittedly its normally the cat or the dog who get to hear the worst of it from me ......but when reading these it makes my rants at my self seem less mental....I also like some of the responses which always make me chuckle ,
    p.s love reading your diary

regards
    IAH
  • edited November 2014
    You need BBV, it's like getting rid of a sewerage system, you don't want it ending up everywhere.

Does need a clean up though, laughable that Sky Poker Premiership is still there.
  • edited November 2014
    What will I do if you take away BBV? :(

Yeah it does need a spruce up I think.

There will be hell on earth on the forum if you binned off the freerolls though ;)
  • edited November 2014
    +1 Paul

Pretty much agree with all of that! I use to read the clinic every day and now barely look at them.

Hand of the week suggestion is superb and great way to get the clinics going again.

As for bbv...I agree just bin it! Tilts me lol!

Top stuff!
  • edited November 2014
    Yeah I'd vote for most of that... dunno how much those with the power to change things will take notice though... probably up to Tikay to share with the 'Suits'?

Re: the freerolls, from a selfish point of view I obviously agree, but I assume they must drive additional monies to poker sites... afaik most (if not all) major sites continue to run them... there must be some CRM data that tracks how many players progress from freeroll to money/make deposits etc that shows them to be a valuable part of marketing a poker site... can't imagine they'd have been around for so long otherwise.
  • edited November 2014
    I'm looking forward to hopefully playing a bit tonight. The rebuys and a few dyms is the plan.
    I've just played the once in the last 10 days. I did mean to have a little break after the ukops anyway but a bit of life stuff haa ensured that I've been away a little longer than intended. 
    I've got a bit of a buzz about playing again. When I'm just playing dyms night after night it can become a bit of a chore. Now I've had a short holiday from playing I can't wait to get stuck in again.

Weighing up playing either the roller on Sunday or playing a live rebuy.
  • edited November 2014
    I've been taping Sharkcage. Just watched an episode.
    Shannon Elizabeth came across really well I thought.
  • edited November 2014
    I've been taping Sharkcage. Just watched an episode. Shannon Elizabeth came across really well I thought.
    Posted by Jac35
    I trust even you have seen the first American Pie film....
  • edited November 2014
    Whilst I'm  a complete dunce, I'm a relieved dunce at the moment. I'll get back  to why this is so in a minute.

My Uncle Ken passed away last weekend. He was 97 and his health had sharply deteriorated over the last couple of years. It's always very sad but in truth it was a blessing, his quality of life had disappeared.
    He had a wonderful life.
    He was a very clever man and made plenty of money in his youth. He was able to retire early, 1966! I saw him on a fairly sporadic basis, he lived up in Chester.

I obviously want to go to the funeral and here's where the dunce bit comes in.

As expected and understandable my employer wouldn't give me compassionate leave for the funeral. I did though expect that they would allow me annual leave.

"Sorry Paul, annual leave is full next week"

I kicked off a bit and they said that they would see what they could do after looking properly at next weeks resourcing on Thursday. I spoke to my manager this morning.

"You can have the day off Paul"

"Really? That's great, thanks for being understanding"

"It's not that to be honest Paul. We just had a a look at the annual leave and you're already off. You booked the week off 6 months ago you daft bastardd"

Felt pretty stupid. I'll get over that though. So happy to be off. First time I've ever not known exactly when my leave is. Been distracted over the last few weeks and more tired than I've ever been before. Harry has had a virus which he's getting over now. Tuesday night I was driving round Derby at 03.30 trying to get him to go to sleep. Got about an hour that night.
  • edited November 2014
    Sorry to hear Paul. Is the funeral up in Chester then? Be good to meet again for a pint if you want! Or maybe find somewhere to have a game of poker! I've not really played poker in Chester though for ages since the Rileys stopped doing it, don't know anywhere that's good. I could definitely do with playing some live poker tho been a while since I have! 
  • edited November 2014
    Sorry to hear Paul. Is the funeral up in Chester then? Be good to meet again for a pint if you want! Or maybe find somewhere to have a game of poker! I've not really played poker in Chester though for ages since the Rileys stopped doing it, don't know anywhere that's good. I could definitely do with playing some live poker tho been a while since I have! 
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Yes, the funeral in in Chester.
    It would be great to meet up again Wes but unfortunately I can't this time. I'm taking my Mum, Sister and Aunt up there.
  • edited November 2014
    Think it's tremendous news that Neil Channing is now a part of Sky.He always comes across very well and he is great for the game.Hopefully he might be able to use his influence and get Vicky Coren to appear on the show as well. That would please Tikay no doubt. 
    Sky really seems to be moving forwards strongly in a time when many online poker sites are going backwards or leaving the market altogether. 
  • edited November 2014

Morning Paul.

Sorry to hear Harry has been unwell, hope he is better now.

Condolences as to your Uncle, too.

Testing week, eh?
  • edited November 2014
    Think it's tremendous news that Neil Channing is now a part of Sky.He always comes across very well and he is great for the game.Hopefully he might be able to use his influence and get Vicky Coren to appear on the show as well. That would please Tikay no doubt.  Sky really seems to be moving forwards strongly in a time when many online poker sites are going backwards or leaving the market altogether. 
    Posted by Jac35
    He fits like a glove, eh?

As to Vicky, ha!, yes, it had crossed my mind, & if anyone can help in that direction, Neil can. Maybe contractual issues would prevent it, but time will tell. He can help Sky Poker & Ch 861 get many other "faces", too. He deffo adds credibility, & if you know Neil, you'l know he would not have joined if he did not believe in the product.  
  • edited November 2014
    I've missed your ramblings! Sorry to hear about your uncle...and your current lack of sleep, hope to see more of you soon, take care of the family! xx