You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ramblings of an old man

Comments

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : How very true. He is a great example to us all of how to deal with adversity. ul with that haircut Jac - I know the feeling so well.
    Posted by GELDY
    Yup, because most of us have never worn those shoes, & never will.

I know one thing though - if I were in Tom's spot, every single time someone replied, it would make me feel a little better, as if people actually cared.

• edited November 2015
    I was feeling a little sorry for myself after I finished up playing last night. The evening once again confirmed to me that my poker is really bad at the minute. Then I had a look at the forum and watched the news. It made me feel like such an idiot. The events in Paris were just horrific I read Toms wonderful thread as well. Tom is amazing. I like how he writes so honestly and with such a dry sense of humour. I wonder if it gets as many readers as it should do. I'm not sure that everyone really looks in on the rail part of the forum.  Mrs J having a much needed break this weekend. She's off at a spa with some friends. Just me and the boy after work this morning. Think we'll be off to JCB to see some diggers. I dropped him off last night at his Grandmas. Normally when he sees his Grandma it's like I don't exist so it was really nice last night when he wouldn't let go off me when I was leaving. Saw the UKPC thread yesterday. Made me think that perhaps it's time for a change of alias for SPT :) International breaks. Bah Had me a haircut yesterday. How does "a little off the top please" ever translate to near enough a grade 1 all over? My tabs are cold this morning
    Posted by Jac35

Just horrendous stuff in France.

Tom is a great guy, tremendously wicked sense of humour. I do read the thread and of course we chat on the team page. I agree about the 'rail'.

Blatant hair brag
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Just horrendous stuff in France. Tom is a great guy, tremendously wicked sense of humour. I do read the thread and of course we chat on the team page. I agree about the 'rail'. Blatant hair brag
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Sadly after the scalping it all now appears to have gone grey. Weird that.
  • edited November 2015
    Anyone seen the Alanis Morrisette thing with James Corden?
    The lyrics updated for ironic. (Scary that it's 20 years since that came out) 
    It's a bit average but does make you realise just how much the world has changed in the last couple of decades.

I just did something that may have been ironic enough to get in an Alanis song. Got an email and it was one of those groupon things. Normally just delete but saw it was for iPhone screen repairs. I did crack the screen about a week after I got it but have got away with the new one so far. Anyway, I went to enlarge it and in doing so, dropped my phone. Luckily it was on carpet and didn't smash the screen this time :)
  • edited November 2015
    Tom's thread is the only reason to head to 'The Rail'.

You'd have been nudging 30 when that song was released, Paul?
  • edited November 2015
    Tom's thread is the only reason to head to 'The Rail'. You'd have been nudging 30 when that song was released, Paul?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Yep
    I'd have a little rest when that came on. I'd get back up the stage at my local Ritzy when they put The Spice Girls on.
    Get home just as The Hitman and Her started.
    Then if still awake I'd watch The Word and EuroTrash that I'd set the video to record earlier 
  • edited November 2015
    Great to see you back posting Paul, thanks for the kind words - I wasn't always this amazing though ;) 
  • edited November 2015

I believe Penny is having her operation today Paul - fingers crossed all goes well.
  • edited November 2015
    Thanks Tony
    It is today. It's about as routine as it gets. She's never had an operation before and so is quite nervous

I wish she was a bit more like me sometimes
    Unflappable, take everything in my stride, no mountains out of molehills etc 
  • edited November 2015
    Thanks Tony It is today. It's about as routine as it gets. She's never had an operation before and so is quite nervous I wish she was a bit more like me sometimes Unflappable, take everything in my stride, no mountains out of molehills etc 
    Posted by Jac35
    Talking of which, I discovered a new word yesterday, in the molehill department - tump

Hope Penny's op goes smoothly.
  • edited November 2015
    Best wishes to Penny, hope all goes smoothly with the op. Be sure to look after her on her return from hospital.
  • edited November 2015
    glgl

and thanks for your transient post on my thread the other day. I don't know why but it really tickled my fancy. 
  • edited November 2015
    Bloody hell!

I only went and won a bit of money last night. Most unusual.
    Came 2nd in the £55bh. 
    Heads up was a bit frustrating. Played well but lost a couple of all ins for the win when I was ahead and got disconnected which meant I lost a lot of chips. Rubbish Sky :)

Made the money in the 9.30bh and thought I might be on for a karma double up. Shoved 10bigs on the button and the big blind tanked until the last second with aces. Flopped 2 pair but turn and river game him a straight.

Not allowed to go to match this afternoon. Wife needs looking after apparently. 

Will be popping out to buy Harry cool wellies. Had snow here. The things that make me happy these days :)

Also just been informed that I can't go to play the £30 rebuy at Derby tomorrow night. Was only going to be my 4th or 5th live game this year. Have to take Penny to the hospital for a consultation first thing Monday morning. Considering the amount of alcohol I was planning on drinking being up at 7am doesn't really work.
    Yes, you might have guessed that I'm a bit annoyed by all this!
    Bah

Getting 2 Windows done this morning. Coldness! Window man has already text me to say he's running late. He was meant to be here at 9am. How can you be running late on a Saturday morning at 9am?

Went out earlier. Ferocious weather last night has resulted in a tump covering the end of the road.

How can I have turned this into a complete moan post? 
    I won money last night. Should be dead happy :)

• edited November 2015
    Why do so many intelligent people now write "gotten"?
    The word is "got".
    Gotten may work better, however, it is incorrect unless you're American. I did actually wonder if it was now correct as so many people who I think are smart write this.
    There are plenty more of these kind of things as well.
    Big game tomorrow night. On TV so we've already accepted the loss.
    Poker has been pretty much breakeven for the last few days. Not played much.
    Table tennis tonight. Loving table tennis
    Need a new job. 20 years and I'm bored. Anyone got an exciting job for me? Hard worker who always has a smile on his face and never lets anything get him down. 
  • edited November 2015
    I <} table tennis too.

Played a lot in my yoof.

Was tempted out of retirement in 2013 for this event...

(I am in the video from 2:05 - winning 2 rallies on camera light blue t-shirt, navy shorts with white stripes)

Just glad hhyfty is on a forum break or I wouldn't dare share my sporty physique.
  • edited November 2015
    Why do so many intelligent people now write "gotten"? The word is "got". Gotten may work better, however, it is incorrect unless you're American. I did actually wonder if it was now correct as so many people who I think are smart write this. There are plenty more of these kind of things as well. ... Big game tomorrow night. On TV so we've already accepted the loss. ... Poker has been pretty much breakeven for the last few days. Not played much. ... Table tennis tonight. Loving table tennis ... Need a new job. 20 years and I'm bored. Anyone got an exciting job for me? Hard worker who always has a smile on his face and never lets anything get him down. 
    Posted by Jac35
    I'll see what I can do if you send me the name of this chap who always has a smile on his face.
  • edited November 2015
    I <} table tennis too. Played a lot in my yoof. Was tempted out of retirement in 2013 for this event... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s2qgzr_d9U (I am in the video from 2:05 - winning 2 rallies on camera light blue t-shirt, navy shorts with white stripes) Just glad hhyfty is on a forum break or I wouldn't dare share my sporty physique.
    Posted by Phantom66
    That's a mean forehand smash sir!
    We could have a game for £1k+ with escrow and middlemen.

Considering Jon has a larger sporty physique than Big Daddy, I wouldn't worry.
  • edited November 2015
    Mighty Rams!
    Top of the league. Gonna bounce in a minute.
    Going pub
  • edited November 2015
    Mighty Rams! Top of the league. Gonna bounce in a minute. Going pub
    Posted by Jac35
    Lets not see you on the tables later ;)
  • edited November 2015
    Raise your big daddy to a giant haystacks but might be showing our age.
  • edited November 2015
    Mighty Rams! Top of the league. Gonna bounce in a minute. Going pub
    Posted by Jac35
    Must be great being top of the league at the end of November.

Still you know that feeling already...

Must be good to be favourites for promotion and be at least nailed on for a play off spot?
  • edited November 2015
    Posted by day4eire76
    Oh yes, Saturday afternoons at me nan's.

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Oh yes, Saturday afternoons at me nan's.
    Posted by Phantom66
    World of Sport with Dickie Davies?
    Followed by Metal Micky, Different Strokes and Knightrider.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Lets not see you on the tables later ;)
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Lol
    No poker last night. Head hurts this morning
  • edited November 2015
    Posted by day4eire76

Kendo Nagasaki.....I win ;-)
  • edited November 2015

Les Kellett.

• edited November 2015
  • edited November 2015
  • edited November 2015
    MICK McMANUS
    Posted by rainman397
    Villain of the wrestling ring Mick McManus died on Wednesday aged 93.
  • edited November 2015