You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ramblings of an old man

Comments

• edited October 2015
  • edited October 2015
    I'm used to your mtt moans but when you start having a go with the dyms I'm worried. 
  • edited October 2015
    I went to a leeds match when I was a lad. 
    Haven't been back to watch English football since. 
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Rantings of an old man:
    I went to a leeds match when I was a lad.  Haven't been back to watch English football since. 
    Posted by GELDY
    :)
    Understandable.

• edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Did deletes :) Def Sams fault :) Ok, you're right. No one wants the moaning. Went into full on rant mode. Having a break and going back later. Played well so no reason not to carry on.  Golf - Go away to Portugal a week on Sunday. Can't wait and fortunately I've already got my euros :) Football - Things might just be starting to come together. 13 out of 15 points since lowly Leeds got lucky. Harry - The last couple of weeks he seems to have come on a bunch. Learning new stuff every day. He's the best thing in my world. Teeth - Hardly dare say but they've been OK for a while. Happy Jac is back. No more ranting I promise :)
    Posted by Jac35
    Cool. Treasure thes times with harry. They grow up far too quickly.

Now this is back on track.

GL in the "diary derby"

For balance though will be wishing JJ the same. Whoever wins will have come thru 2 tough ties.
  • edited October 2015
    Just smiled at this. First hand i played in main. Didn't rebuy :)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    zootbeys Small blind   20.00 20.00 1260.00
    dottymoo03 Big blind   40.00 60.00 940.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

mxmum Fold     
    Jac35 Raise   80.00 140.00 3720.00
    airpie989 Fold     
    Fretail Raise   280.00 420.00 3660.00
    zootbeys Fold     
    dottymoo03 Fold     
    Jac35 Raise   640.00 1060.00 3080.00
    Fretail Call   440.00 1500.00 3220.00
    Flop

Jac35 Bet   560.00 2060.00 2520.00
    Fretail All-in   3220.00 5280.00 0.00
    Jac35 All-in   2520.00 7800.00 0.00
    Fretail Unmatched bet   140.00 7660.00 140.00
    Jac35 Show
    • A
    • A

Fretail Show
    • K
    • A

Turn

• Q

River

• J

Fretail Win Flush to the Ace 7660.00   7800.00
  • edited October 2015
    Moaned in a win. Played 12 dyms on my return and won 10 for a £168 profit. Now really is the time to plow on but being the fish i am i've packed up for the day.

After working hard to get it back, my fragile self would struggle with giving it all back again today. Just dared to look at scope for the month and to my surprise i'm only £108 down for all games. Considering that i think this is the worst i've ever run this is good news.

5640 points for the month now

• edited October 2015
    Many thanks for a brilliant days diary-ing.

We started with trolling, descended into tilt inducing run bad, did mega deletings and had a nice disney style happy ending.

Epic stuff, more please,
  • edited October 2015
    Great thread this.....just finished page 2.....117 pages to go...........

poker night live......woohoo happy memories :)

• edited October 2015
    Many thanks for a brilliant days diary-ing. We started with trolling, descended into tilt inducing run bad, did mega deletings and had a nice disney style happy ending. Epic stuff, more please,
    Posted by SJspanky1
    I aim to please :)
    Might become a little more rational again now. The drugs are wearing off.

Think it's going to be a quieter day anyway today. Probably not going to play until this evening. Mrs J is off work and we have been meaning to whack a load of baby stuff on eBay for ages. Today's the day. Got some golf clubs to chuck in there as well. Got a buyer for my old trolley and so once this lot is sold then I should be able to afford some beans on toast.

Hoping to play my heads up game with Dohhhh tonight but I'm not sure if he's seen my message.

Watched a friend of mine Cpfc last night. Think he only played 3 mtts. 4th in the main and 4th in a bounty hunter. He's very good.

Apologies for rants yesterday. It erm... Will never happen again

• edited October 2015
    Great thread this.....just finished page 2.....117 pages to go........... poker night live......woohoo happy memories :)
    Posted by badcawl
    I'll save you hours of your life you'll never get back.

Golf
    DYMs
    I run so bad
    Penny
    Harry
    Derby
    Teeth

Feel free to start from page 117 now, as that covers the other 115 quite nicely.
  • edited October 2015
    Great thread this.....just finished page 2.....117 pages to go........... poker night live......woohoo happy memories :)
    Posted by badcawl
    Thank you very much

Please ignore the cretin in above post. He's just angry that he's dropped down to number 2 in the forum troll league
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Rantings of an old man : I'll save you hours of your life you'll never get back. Golf DYMs I run so bad Penny Harry Derby Teeth Feel free to start from page 117 now, as that covers the other 115 quite nicely.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    You omitted high quality Grumpyness.
  • edited October 2015
    You know what?

Bad cawls post made me look back at the first few pages of this thread. It was actually half decent then. Tikays posts were brilliant and as I was playing live a lot, I had the odd okayish story to tell myself.

In truth it's crapp now.

My posts are just a mixture of dull result posting and grumbles.

Maybe time for a rest for a while or a complete change of direction
  • edited October 2015
    You know what? Bad cawls post made me look back at the first few pages of this thread. It was actually half decent then. Tikays posts were brilliant and as I was playing live a lot, I had the odd okayish story to tell myself. In truth it's crapp now. My posts are just a mixture of dull result posting and grumbles. Maybe time for a rest for a while or a complete change of direction
    Posted by Jac35
    I really struggle to see how you got your 'grumpy old man' moniker.

Change of direction? Like the one your Sharkscope is taking? ;)
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Rantings of an old man : Thank you very much Please ignore the cretin in above post. He's just angry that he's dropped down to number 2 in the forum troll league
    Posted by Jac35

That's grand as I love reading history and will finish this 'book' during next week's annual leave....I'll knock off now from page 7.....thanks for your insights and other contributions   :)
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Rantings of an old man : That's grand as I love reading history and will finish this 'book' during next week's annual leave....I'll knock off now from page 7.....thanks for your insights and other contributions   :)
    Posted by badcawl
    You're in the right place then, this stuff is ancient.
  • edited October 2015
    "teeth" <3:)

On for 7pm Jacco. 
  • edited October 2015

Just had a read of Page One, oh my, some tales there, including a post by the much missed Flying Dagg.

I wrote about Kim Constaniou on Page One (Maria Demetriou's Uncle), sadly he has since passed away, too.
  • edited October 2015

Hijack. 

Is it alright if we re-arrange the HU?  Not feeling v good. 

Must be pre match nerves or something. 

• edited October 2015
    Hijack.  Is it alright if we re-arrange the HU?  Not feeling v good.  Must be pre match nerves or something. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yeah no problem.
    Let me know when you can play 
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an 'old' man:
    This is brilliant.  Best thread by far on the forum.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

I can't put this book down......just finished page 27.....excellent reading material........love the cricket banter too
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an 'old' man : I can't put this book down......just finished page 27.....excellent reading material........love the cricket banter too
    Posted by badcawl
    Did I say that?!
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an 'old' man : Did I say that?!
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    it looks like it..hahahahaha
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an 'old' man : it looks like it..hahahahaha
    Posted by stokefc
    I was very forum naïve a couple of years ago.
  • edited October 2015
    Three Derby players in our starting team tonight and we beat the world champions .

Hopefully they can replicate their preformances tonight for your lot throughout the season.

Needed the cheering up as not looking forward to tomorrow.

Run well luckbox : )

• edited October 2015
    Three Derby players in our starting team tonight and we beat the world champions . Hopefully they can replicate their preformances tonight for your lot throughout the season. Needed the cheering up as not looking forward to tomorrow. Run well luckbox : )
    Posted by day4eire76
    Glad your lot won tonight mate
    You take care 
  • edited October 2015
    This is NOT a moan post honest!

I got saved tonight right at the end. Never been so happy to have a £170 losing night.
    I couldn't win a hand let alone a game at Dyms. Not gonna scope because it might make me throw up. Think I'm around £500 down at Dyms tonight.

Right at the end I went on the 1.50/3.00 spin up table and doubled up first hand. From there I got up to £279. I won a bit earlier on the 2/4 as well which helped.

I was really relaxed tonight in truth. Sometimes there's just nothing you can do. I felt fine about how I played. No doubt I was making mistakes but not £500 worth of them :)

This promo is putting me in a spot. Common sense would normally suggest that I have a break. However thanks to a bit of success at the spin ups this month I'm only £133 down in total.

If and its a big if right now I can breakeven for the rest of the promo or even lose a bit more, then it would still be a profitable couple of weeks. I'd end up with around £450 in rakeback. If I stayed where I am on the leaderboard then I'd get £225 from that. There's also a rtr race where I will get at least $300.

The moment the promo ends I'm having a little break from playing. Got my holiday straight after and I'm just going to enjoy that and then do some normal stuff.

Heads pretty scrambled. God knows how dtm and Timmy etc do this all year long :)

Off to buy a latte 
  • edited October 2015

I enjoyed reading these pages....

PNL memories...Mark Bannen (he who preached the power of 7-8 off suit)

although I totally disagree that Derbyshire had no great cricketers....Fred Swarbrook was a legend down at Kennington Oval !

Congrats on your achievements and good luck at the tables !!

PS please recommend another thread/diary/book to read

Cheers - badcawl
  • edited October 2015
    Silly little boy can't help himself. First game tonight

Jac35: hmm
    patwalshh: I can't wait to see you in person. This is not a threat and I wouldn't touch you. You'd just shiit yourself
    patwalshh: I can't wait to see your face
    19:16patwalshh: Just stare deep into your eyes
    Jac35: sigh pat
    19:17patwalshh: oh I'm getting giddy thinking about it