You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ramblings of an old man

Comments

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Yup WP. That coldplay fella can play a bit. Johnny russeĺl looked handy too as they caught us with 2 counter attacks. Not sure about your balance. Too many left footers? From PNE perspective thought we had slightly better of it without creating good chances then lost the plot a bit after you scored. 2nd half subs made us look a much better attacking threat. Lost the momentum when your cappo was injured and couldn't seem to string 2 passes together and take advantage of you being down to 10 men. Our goal came too late. Pre injury stoppage I felt your defence were rattled and if we got 1 we would get 2. We definitely missed the set piece delivery of gallagher.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Left footers :)

Yeah, that was pretty much how the game was reported here as well.
    You can see what I mean now in that if Martin had stayed fit then we'd have got promotion last year. We have nobody else like him (few do)
    Happy that Russell is bring given a chance. It looked as though he was on his way out when Ince and Weimann signed but the he's done well and is a fans favourite.
    Glad Baird is ok but it was such a strange decision to make him captain. He's steady, but no more than that.  Makes it a bit awkward to leave him out. For most Derby fans he was well down the list of potential captains this year. Good, honest player but Thorne in the middle is nearly as important as Martin is to us. He takes all the pressure of the defence and will get us playing. Hughes is a bug miss as well. 
    What did you think to Butterfield and Johnson? We really need them to hit the ground running.

I want to give this manager time but he is making strange decisions. Can understand changes being made after the Leeeds disaster but to drop the keeper and Forsyth was just ridiculous. Both have been really solid so far.
  • edited September 2015
    Chill

at least you don't have Mourinho as manager! 

• edited September 2015
    Stupid plo8 game
    Played 12 games and lost a fiver.
    Was annoyed cuz I'd played like an idiot.
    Played 4 games of proper poker and won £38.

Stick to what you know Paul
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Left footers :) Yeah, that was pretty much how the game was reported here as well. You can see what I mean now in that if Martin had stayed fit then we'd have got promotion last year. We have nobody else like him (few do) Happy that Russell is bring given a chance. It looked as though he was on his way out when Ince and Weimann signed but the he's done well and is a fans favourite. Glad Baird is ok but it was such a strange decision to make him captain. He's steady, but no more than that.  Makes it a bit awkward to leave him out. For most Derby fans he was well down the list of potential captains this year. Good, honest player but Thorne in the middle is nearly as important as Naryin is to us. He takes all the pressure of the defence and will get us playing. Hughes is a bug miss as well.  What did you think to Butterfield and Johnson? We really need them to hit the ground running. I want to give this manager time but he is making strange decisions. Can understand changes being made after the Leeeds disaster but to drop the keeper and Forsyth was just ridiculous. Both have been really solid so far.
    Posted by Jac35
    I can see why Russell would be a fans favourite (and opposition fans dont like him). Definite edge to his play - in the face of opposition (we have garner for that) as well being quick, good delivery and tracked back well when we were on top in 2nd half.

Not sure what you do with Ince though - he is sooo left footed, doesnt seem comfortable on the right and didnt seem comfortable full stop - but then as an ex-lasher he was getting plenty of stick. Last time he played with here he was comfortably the best player on the pitch but luckily kept fluffing the final ball and we sneaked it 1-0. 

Cant say Butterfield or Johnson made much of an impression tbh. 

Keogh stood out a bit - but more for the headband and the fact he is lanky get.

• edited September 2015
    Been a bit quiet 

Still in shock at Derby winning a couple of games. Burnley on telly on Monday. Need a result or Bromley will pop in to say "hi"

I haven't played much which was the plan. Had a go at the rebuys last night. Went about as well as usual. There was no danger of a late night.

Some good stuff at present. Phantom has done a brilliant job with the head up thing.

Love the thread about UKOPs. Great to see forum members being given the opportunity to have a say. Bit sad to see some people panning others ideas. Can't win sometimes.

2 great additions to the Outlaws. Phantom and Waller. Wonder if we'll lose our trouble maker tag one day?

To answer Stuartys question a while back, I've not played much golf. Need to sort that as I'm off to Portugal next month to play for a week.

Real shame to see City being dreadful in Europe once again.
  • edited September 2015
    Been a bit quiet  Still in shock at Derby winning a couple of games. Burnley on telly on Monday. Need a result or Bromley will pop in to say "hi" I haven't played much which was the plan. Had a go at the rebuys last night. Went about as well as usual. There was no danger of a late night. Some good stuff at present. Phantom has done a brilliant job with the head up thing. Love the thread about UKOPs. Great to see forum members being given the opportunity to have a say. Bit sad to see some people panning others ideas. Can't win sometimes. 2 great additions to the Outlaws. Phantom and Waller. Wonder if we'll lose our trouble maker tag one day? To answer Stuartys question a while back, I've not played much golf. Need to sort that as I'm off to Portugal next month to play for a week. Real shame to see City being dreadful in Europe once again.
    Posted by Jac35

And 2 great exits. Jac & Harry :)

• edited September 2015
    Been a bit quiet  Still in shock at Derby winning a couple of games. Burnley on telly on Monday. Need a result or Bromley will pop in to say "hi" I haven't played much which was the plan. Had a go at the rebuys last night. Went about as well as usual. There was no danger of a late night. Some good stuff at present. Phantom has done a brilliant job with the head up thing. Love the thread about UKOPs. Great to see forum members being given the opportunity to have a say. Bit sad to see some people panning others ideas. Can't win sometimes. 2 great additions to the Outlaws. Phantom and Waller. Wonder if we'll lose our trouble maker tag one day? To answer Stuartys question a while back, I've not played much golf. Need to sort that as I'm off to Portugal next month to play for a week. Real shame to see City being dreadful in Europe once again.
    Posted by Jac35
    Doubt there is much chance of Sam leaving anytime soon...
  • edited September 2015
    noooooooooooooor
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Doubt there is much chance of Sam leaving anytime soon...
    Posted by shakinaces
    Guessing old man Jackson meant lose hag, not tag. No, I think we're stuck with hag for the foreseeable.
  • edited September 2015
    Pretty awful weekend for sport so far

Pettersen made a terrible decision. The Captains decision not reverse it and give the putt was even worse. A big part of the Captains responsibility is to ensure their players uphold the spirit of the game at all times.

Mourinho thinks that Costa was man of the match!

Still, at least Derby didn't lose.

I played a bit of poker last night. Really feel like I've lost my way in mtts right now. I'm struggling with simple spots.

We're all a bit under the weather here. Horrible seeing Harry so sad and not being able to do anything to help him.
  • edited September 2015
    So Pettersen is the Mourinho of European Golf!

gl to Harry
  • edited September 2015
    I also blame Charley Hull

Why did she just walk off, ok if she said that a gimmie but she said nothing.

If your not giving the putt keep still until the ball is in the hole

Also put a fiver on USA yesterday

USA (Win) @ 12/5
  • edited September 2015
    I also blame Charley Hull Why did she just walk off, ok if she said that a gimmie but she said nothing. If your not giving the putt keep still until the ball is in the hole Also put a fiver on USA yesterday USA ( Win ) @ 12/5
    Posted by stuarty117
    Good bet!
  • edited September 2015
    I have a perfectly good golf trolley. Trouble is, I've now seen an amazing one. It's remote :)
    It costs lots and is totally unnecessary. Trouble is, I want one.
    Harry brightened up a bit yesterday afternoon and so as a treat for him, I took him golf shopping. They let me have a play with trolley. It's amazing. Even if the golf is terrible, how can I not have a great time every round I play?

Harry got bored of putting balls in the cup on the practice green and meandered over to inspect it for himself. He likes playing with buttons. At home, he'll take the remote control off me and press the pause button. He'll then look over at me and run off. We then play Chase Harry for a couple of minutes and then we do it all again a few minutes later. Anyway I digress. He really liked this trolley, it has buttons. As I was chatting to golf shop bloke we both jumped a little as the trolley went flying past us and into a load of stock. Harry had somehow managed to find the manual override. 
    They were okayish about it :)

Got really annoyed with myself at poker. Played the roller sat and I was in great shape throughout. Came 16th. Money for 15th and seats for the rest. Don't normally get bothered too much by these things but last night it pixxed me off.

So, went pub. 

Regret it now. Feel lousy today and have got a big cold. 
    Hopefully Derby can cheer me up tonight with a win

• edited September 2015
    I have a perfectly good golf trolley. Trouble is, I've now seen an amazing one. It's remote :) It costs lots and is totally unnecessary. Trouble is, I want one. Harry brightened up a bit yesterday afternoon and so as a treat for him, I took him golf shopping. They let me have a play with trolley. It's amazing. Even if the golf is terrible, how can I not have a great time every round I play? Harry got bored of putting balls in the cup on the practice green and meandered over to inspect it for himself. He likes playing with buttons. At home, he'll take the remote control off me and press the pause button. He'll then look over at me and run off. We then play Chase Harry for a couple of minutes and then we do it all again a few minutes later. Anyway I digress. He really liked this trolley, it has buttons. As I was chatting to golf shop bloke we both jumped a little as the trolley went flying past us and into a load of stock. Harry had somehow managed to find the manual override.  They were okayish about it :) Got really annoyed with myself at poker. Played the roller sat and I was in great shape throughout. Came 16th. Money for 15th and seats for the rest. Don't normally get bothered too much by these things but last night it pixxed me off. So, went pub.  Regret it now. Feel lousy today and have got a big cold.  Hopefully Derby can cheer me up tonight with a win
    Posted by Jac35

You call this a treat?

Similar to saying 'Penny, as a treat for yr birthday - I am taking you to watch Derby'.

Buy the trolley BTW, you will probably need cheering up tomorrow :)

• edited September 2015
    Hey Jac35,

Dont mean to infiltrate your thread, i sent you msg via the HU call out thread.
    Do let me know when your ready to rumble... 6-8 usually gd for me but we can sort sonething out. 

Also, we playing turbo or speed? ;)
  • edited September 2015
    Hey Jac35, Dont mean to infiltrate your thread, i sent you msg via the HU call out thread. Do let me know when your ready to rumble... 6-8 usually gd for me but we can sort sonething out.  Also, we playing turbo or speed? ;)
    Posted by MilitantG
    Hi
    I'm messaged you yesterday. Is 8pm tomorrow ok?
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Hi I'm messaged you yesterday. Is 8pm tomorrow ok?
    Posted by Jac35
    Pm'd ya Action Jackson!
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Pm'd ya Action Jackson!
    Posted by MilitantG
    7.30,  turbo games Tuesday night?
  • edited September 2015
    Harry on mend

New trolley on way 

7th in main last night pays for a bit of it

Sun shining

All smiles here
  • edited September 2015
    Harry on mend New trolley on way  7th in main last night pays for a bit of it Sun shining All smiles here
    Posted by Jac35
    It's like that day when the clocks change & we get an extra hour in bed, or the extra day in a leap year every 4 years. Rare, but nice. Very rare.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : It's like that day when the clocks change & we get an extra hour in bed, or the extra day in a leap year every 4 years. Rare, but nice. Very rare.
    Posted by Tikay10
    :)

Alright then. A little moan for you. I only caugh the last hour of the show and so if this happened before that then, apologies.
    But
    Surely it's missing a trick to not just let LilDave tell us stories for a full show?
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : :) Alright then. A little moan for you. I only caugh the last hour of the show and so if this happened before that then, apologies. But Surely it's missing a trick to not just let LilDave tell us stories for a full show?
    Posted by Jac35
    If I were king for a day, I'd do a 2 hour special featuring LilDave telling his stories.

The bloke is just extraordinary. Can't say I approve wholly of his degen tendencies, but he's a good friend & I love him to bits. That's a kid who has 6 figure swings in a day & laughs it off.

His day job, in the main, is to buy fish & chip shops, (in & around Leeds) give them a makeover, then sell them on.

Did you notice he has one finger missing? Long story, apparently.

Think he lives with Middy (Tom Middleton), & he runs (not runs, runs), with Stu Rutter a lot.

Different world.

He has a blog/diary on a poker forum, but he's been a bit lax as to updating it lately. I'll give him a nudge.  

• edited September 2015
    "All smiles"

I got that from a Manager I used to work alongside. "Me old fruit" was another of his sayings that I liked. I learned so much from him. No matter how badly a day was going you'd get the same reply.
    "Everything alright Martin?"
    "All smiles here"

He made sure that he knew a little bit away from work of every member of staff. No mean feat with 70odd people
    "How did your lad get on at 5-a-side at the weekend Chris?"
    "Really good Martin. Got a hat trick"
    "Brilliant"

It's amazing the response you get from people when they think you care, and Martin did. I know someone else who does this as well.

As I say, I learned a lot from him. It's why I'm always so happy 

• edited September 2015
    Bah
    Poker was shoddy last night.
    You know those occasions when you see someone fall over and it's really funny? Well, it wasn't funny yesterday, because it was me. Tripped over a bloody kerb and cut me knee. Hurt like xxxx.
    Colds proper kicked in.
    Harry awake between 2am and 4am.
    Am knackered

In better news, trolley arrived a day early. Debuts Saturday. Odds on me putting it in a pond?

Forgot to mention yesterday that Fatlad won the 9.30 on Monday of Tuesday night, I forget which. Hate to say it but he actually played quite well, or so he told me anyway.

See, always happy
  • edited September 2015

Who is "Fatlad" please?
  • edited September 2015
    Who is "Fatlad" please?
    Posted by Tikay10

previous incarntions have included, but not restricted to:

The Chunky Maestro

TROLL

and various other which would likely get me a chat ban.......

knows about planes and supports some lancashire football club, even though his rose is a different colour......

• edited September 2015
    Yeah, who is fatlad?
  • edited September 2015

Well I've met hhy, & he is definitely not fat.

Pleasantly plump, robustly rotund, monstrous moobs, but fat, no way, that's an insult.

• edited September 2015
    Friday was my biggest ever losing day at Dyms. Made around 2k points in 3 hours l :). Wasn't too despondent though as I felt that I played fine. Was annoyed with myself for mixing in some cash when the dyms died though. Fortunately although I was dreadful at cash I made a bit there to at least claw back a bit of the dym losses.

Saturday was better. Derby were hideous but somehow got the win. Played really well at golf. 2 over for 16 holes. Played for a short while last night and won just under £100. 

Need haircut but can't be bothered. Dislike hairdressers. Can't they just cut hair? Why the need to ask questions that they couldnt care less about the answers to?

Off for Sunday lunch. Considering £30 rebuy at Derby tonight. Pub as an alternative might win