You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ramblings of an old man

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Buggger!!

Just bubbled main. BvB 2nd nuts v nuts :(
    Got £92 in heads though
    I'm in priority so i think i get buy in back? Anyone know what i need to do?
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    Buggger!! Just bubbled main. BvB 2nd nuts v nuts :( Got £92 in heads though I'm in priority so i think i get buy in back? Anyone know what i need to do?
    Posted by Jac35
    You certainly do.  I'm sure JP will sort for you matey.
  • edited September 2015

Good to see you are now becoming a PLO8 DYM regular, GP. Fun games last night.
  • edited September 2015
    Wish I could do normal things. Believe, you, me

Can't whistle, which I'm happy about. Hate people whistling.
    Can't trump. Spose I'm ok with that 
    Can only burp after a fizzy drink
    Can't do that tongue thing
    Neice taught me to click my fingers a while ago. I'm ok at that now 

At the end of the day , it is what it is and not the end of the world.

• edited September 2015
    Wish I could do normal things. Believe, you, me Can't whistle, which I'm happy about. Hate people whistling. Can't trump. Spose I'm ok with that  Can only burp after a fizzy drink Can't do that tongue thing Neice taught me to click my fingers a while ago. I'm ok at that now  On reflection, it is what it is and not the end of the world.
    Posted by Jac35
    I fear that may induce some inappropriate wordery.

1/3 Mr Rotund (rep freshly established as a good guy) will be the worst.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : I fear that may induce some inappropriate wordery. 1/3 Mr Rotund (rep freshly established as a good guy) will be the worst.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Agreed
    Thought that as I wrote it
    Anything I can do to assist the podgy one on his way to a forum ban
  • edited September 2015
    Question for Plo8 people

Why do you all raise full pot when opening?
  • edited September 2015
    Question for Plo8 people Why do you all raise full pot when opening?
    Posted by Jac35

I don't.

Early doors I mix it up Pot open often, yes but will open limp - sometimes will x2 - sometimes ill even through in a non blind multiple 111/222 just to give people something to think about.

Late on pretty much always a pot - effectively an all-in as I am generally not folding once an open pot bet is over half of my stack.

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Agreed Thought that as I wrote it Anything I can do to assist the podgy one on his way to a forum ban
    Posted by Jac35

Paul, may I remind you of yr own 'podgy' thing. 

I shall tell the forum instead...

Went for a brekkie after Toon with the gang, I prob had some silly heels on or just couldn't stand being seen with them, so I was lagging behind. 
    Jac and H were a few feet infront, talking of their mutual love for freerolls, how they were gutted they may miss out on the £2 quid token, and opentop vegas bus rides ;) when I noticed that Jac has like the biggest bottom ever!! Like twice the size of the 'podgy ones'. 

YW

• edited September 2015
    Question for Plo8 people Why do you all raise full pot when opening?
    Posted by Jac35
    I rarely open pots prior to the 100-200 or 150-300 levels, & when I do, I'm usually hoping to get as much in the middle as possible. I know we are not supposed to chase away hands we beat, but we are never THAT far ahead in PLO8, & at 150-300 & up, I'm happy to take it down pre. With 4 players left at 150-300, the average stack is 10 Bigs, & I can add 15% to that if they fold pre.

I suppose 6 tabling on a little steam driven laptop (whilst fielding questions) is part of the reason, too, I don't have time to mess about.

I did notice you repeatedly doing something last night which is quite rare (to my eye) in PL)8 DYM's, & seemed to be quite effective, too. Won't give the game away, though, that'd be unfair. I did notice though, so behave, OK?

• edited September 2015
    Ok Samantha
    You asked for it 

I'll share a couple of Samisms from recent team chat 

This would already be amusing as it was, coming from Sam. She referred to someone as being "common as much"

Last night, when unsure about doing something, she declared that she "didn't want to set a president"
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : I rarely open pots prior to the 100-200 or 150-300 levels, & when I do, I'm usually hoping to get as much in the middle as possible. I know we are not supposed to chase away hands we beat, but we are never THAT far ahead in PLO8, & at 150-300 & up, I'm happy to take it down pre. With 4 players left at 150-300, the average stack is 10 Bigs, & I can add 15% to that if they fold pre. I suppose 6 tabling on a little steam driven laptop (whilst fielding questions) is part of the reason, too, I don't have time to mess about. I did notice you repeatedly doing something last night which is quite rare (to my eye) in PL)8 DYM's, & seemed to be quite effective, too. Won't give the game away, though, that'd be unfair. I did notice though, so behave, OK?   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Im guessing that's Tikay speak for Bad. :)
    Feel free to share, as I don't know what it was that i was doing and so am now quite intrigued.

• edited September 2015
    Ok Samantha You asked for it  I'll share a couple of Samisms from recent team chat  This would already be amusing as it was, coming from Sam. She referred to someone as being "common as much" Last night, when unsure about doing something, she declared that she "didn't want to set a president"
    Posted by Jac35
    hahaha, meh that's nothing! 

when you asked for Eggs Benedict - I expected the pope poached on a platter being served ;)

and, so this ^^^ is why you have played the odd team PLO8 sng recently, knew you would have a motive as you usually hate us.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : hahaha, meh that's nothing!  when you asked for Eggs Benedict - I expected the pope poached on a platter being served ;) and, so this ^^^ is why you have played the odd team PLO8 sng recently, knew you would have a motive as you usually hate us.
    Posted by samantha25

Sooooo posh Jac....

ps ham or bacon?
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Im guessing that's Tikay speak for Bad. :) Feel free to share, as I don't know what it was that i was doing and so am now quite intrigued.
    Posted by Jac35

Not at all, don't be so defensive. ;)

I'll reply to your PM's soonest. Nothing to fret about, it was just something odd or unusual that I noticed. "odd", not "bad". It was just something we don't see  much in PLO8 DYM's.  
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Agreed Thought that as I wrote it Anything I can do to assist the podgy one on his way to a forum ban
    Posted by Jac35
    How do you spell niece, old man Jackson?
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : How do you spell niece, old man Jackson?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Grrr
    I always do that with that word

I before e except after c
  • edited September 2015
    Wish I could do normal things. Believe, you, me Can't whistle, which I'm happy about. Hate people whistling. Can't trump. Spose I'm ok with that  Can only burp after a fizzy drink Can't do that tongue thing Neice taught me to click my fingers a while ago. I'm ok at that now  At the end of the day , it is what it is and not the end of the world.
    Posted by Jac35
    In your defence, your school years were decades ago.
  • edited September 2015
    If Jac was walking with hhyfty I would take it as certain that he had a large "harris" with him.

Interesting derivation of that piece of rhyming slang by the way - 3rd level thinking by them cockerneys.
  • edited September 2015
    Yes, Jac's harris is rather ample.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Grrr I always do that with that word I before e except after c
    Posted by Jac35
    Don't be too hard on yourself. Lots of exceptions to that rule. 

beige, cleidoic, codeine, conscience, deify, deity, deign,
    dreidel, eider, eight, either, feign, feint, feisty,
    foreign, forfeit, freight, gleization, gneiss, greige,
    greisen, heifer, heigh-ho, height, heinous, heir, heist,
    leitmotiv, neigh, neighbor, neither, peignoir, prescient,
    rein, science, seiche, seidel, seine, seismic, seize, sheik,
    society, sovereign, surfeit, teiid, veil, vein, weight,
    weir, weird
  • edited September 2015
    This is getting a bit Mark David Chapman. For the " love of god "sign nothing.

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Don't be too hard on yourself. Lots of exceptions to that rule.  beige, cleidoic, codeine, conscience, deify, deity, deign, dreidel, eider, eight, either, feign, feint, feisty, foreign, forfeit, freight, gleization, gneiss, greige, greisen, heifer, heigh-ho, height, heinous, heir, heist, leitmotiv, neigh, neighbor, neither, peignoir, prescient, rein, science, seiche, seidel, seine, seismic, seize, sheik, society, sovereign, surfeit, teiid, veil, vein, weight, weir, weird
    Posted by GELDY
    My english teacher used to add but only if the sound is ee.

Most "exceptions" occur when the sound is ih or ay.
  • edited September 2015
    This is getting a bit Mark David Chapman. For the " love of god "sign nothing.
    Posted by day4eire76
    <3
  • edited September 2015
    We won!

Pleased to say that I haven't played much poker at all. Think a little break is good sometimes. Just played a few dyms on Friday night. 2 £11's 2 £5.50's 2 £3.30's. Won one of each. Rake won nicely :)
    Think I'm getting there a little bit with plo8. Starting to get a little more understanding of it all.

No poker yesterday.

Painting fence panels, shed and gate today. Not been out for a proper drink for over a week. Mrs J out tonight and so I probably will play a bit. Most probably will be grumpy by this evening 
  • edited September 2015
    Hi Jac

I to have been dabbling with a little bit of plo8 and really enjoying it. 

Its a great change and sometimes change is good.

Still really enjoying your grumpy updates lol.

At least Derby can win a game. Us Chelsea fans are having a horrible start to the season.

PS hows the golf going i had a couple of 80+ rounds last few weeks. But finally 3 over round a difficult course on a society outing. 
  • edited September 2015
    We won! ..... Pleased to say that I haven't played much poker at all. Think a little break is good sometimes. Just played a few dyms on Friday night. 2 £11's 2 £5.50's 2 £3.30's. Won one of each. Rake won nicely :) Think I'm getting there a little bit with plo8. Starting to get a little more understanding of it all. No poker yesterday. Painting fence panels, shed and gate today. Not been out for a proper drink for over a week. Mrs J out tonight and so I probably will play a bit. Most probably will be grumpy by this evening 
    Posted by Jac35
    Shock news indeed.

Sky Bet go 1/5.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Shock news indeed. Sky Bet go 1/5.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I have my flatmates mortgage on it.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : I have my flatmates mortgage on it.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    The price has gone, 1/20 now.

Back up the truck, boys, it's like buying money.

• edited September 2015
    We won! 
    Posted by Jac35
    Yup WP.

That coldplay fella can play a bit. Johnny russeĺl looked handy too as they caught us with 2 counter attacks.

Not sure about your balance. Too many left footers?

From PNE perspective thought we had slightly better of it without creating good chances then lost the plot a bit after you scored. 2nd half subs made us look a much better attacking threat. Lost the momentum when your cappo was injured and couldn't seem to string 2 passes together and take advantage of you being down to 10 men. Our goal came too late. Pre injury stoppage I felt your defence were rattled and if we got 1 we would get 2.

We definitely missed the set piece delivery of gallagher.