You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ramblings of an old man

Comments

• edited August 2015
    ^^^^
    Some great shouts there Dohhhh
    Strictly Come Dancing! Garbage 
    Red Dwarf and Miranda - Urgh 

X-Factor, dreadful 

I actually quite like the Voice. Trouble is that it contradicts itself. It's fine when they can't see them and they choose a 'voice'. 
    After that it just becomes X-Factor. 
    It does have Will.i.am though so scores heavily. One of my favourite human beings ever.

I found exactly the opposite with Early Doors and The Royal Family.
    Find The Royal Family too slow now.

I really liked Better Call Saul. As you say, Breaking Bad is a hard act to follow. I think it's worth watching though.
  • edited August 2015
    Oh yeah

Bake Off!

Or something like that. Never watched and will never watch
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    Oh yeah Bake Off! Or something like that. Never watched and will never watch
    Posted by Jac35
    +1 absolutely to bake off can f.o.
    but I think masterchef is one of the best programmes on TV
    bit of a dichotomy that
    wonder if that says more about me than about the programmes?

• edited August 2015

bake off > masterchef for me...........each to their own

• edited August 2015
    W1A makes me lol, great acting all round.
  • edited August 2015
    spongebob square pants,my daughter and me watched this alot when she were a little kid we both laughed alot i can tell you,you have to have a wierd sense of humour which we both have as you can tell :)
  • edited August 2015
    Good shows to watch;

The Brink (Tim Robbins, Jack Black and more)

My Kitchen Rules ( Masterchef meets come dine with me- my daughter loves it)
  • edited August 2015
    spongebob square pants,my daughter and me watched this alot when she were a little kid we both laughed alot i can tell you,you have to have a wierd sense of humour which we both have as you can tell :)
    Posted by stokefc
    Spongebob is pretty good.
    Pingu is no 1 for me though
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Spongebob is pretty good. Pingu is no 1 for me though
    Posted by Jac35
    Pingu is class

My 2 year old loves it thank god for you tube
  • edited August 2015
    It's also Sam's favourite tv show, though I know she sometimes struggles to keep up with the complex plot.
  • edited August 2015
    One of those weird days yesterday.
    I felt like I was running bad but wasn't down much at all when I checked. Then had a storming finish. Won something like 7 of last 8 at the end and booked a £100+ day.

Sulked a bit when I seat bubbles the £55 sat. I often play the late ones so that I'm forced to play if I get the seat. I tend to just take the cash otherwise.

A bit like JimmyRiddle I could see into the future and knew I was going to bust.
    Locked guy limps utg and I have AK in bb. I'm 2nd shortest stack and have about 8 bigs which was around 8k. Avg stack around 10k. Utg has 16k.
    I pile it in and he snaps with 10 8
    GG me :)
  • edited August 2015
    I've just seen that a Bollywood film is being filmed in Derby!
    It's about the life of Mohammad Azharuddin. 
    Cricket followers will remember the match fixing allegations. I just prefer to remember his cricket. Made me a bit sad recalling it. My Dad was a huge cricket fan and Azharuddin was his favourite Derbyshire player ever. (We didn't have many good ones)
    He was an incredibly elegant batsmen and his timing was so good that what looked like a forward defensive push often ended up screaming past mid off to the boundary.
    He played for Derbyshire for 2 summers.

Please let us beat Dirty Orrible Leeds tomorrow.

Might play a bit of poker later. Expect rants around Midnight
  • edited August 2015
    Seat bubbled the £55 for the 2nd night running. Got £44 though so prob best result i could have. Only played for an hour and ran pretty good. Had one fun hand where it went a bit wrong in the end. Came back to win it though :)

Please let us beat Leeds tomorrow

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    dialbi4 Small blind   25.00 25.00 1945.00
    zandan25 Big blind   50.00 75.00 1880.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

Jac35 Raise   150.00 225.00 2792.50
    MANFAT6 All-in   1622.50 1847.50 0.00
    MSDOS Fold     
    jnd36601 All-in   1845.00 3692.50 0.00
    dialbi4 Fold     
    zandan25 Fold     
    Jac35 Call   1695.00 5387.50 1097.50
    Jac35 Show
    • A
    • A

MANFAT6 Show
    • K
    • A

jnd36601 Show
    • K
    • A

Flop

• J
    • K

Turn

River

• K

MANFAT6 Win Three Kings 2471.25   2471.25
    jnd36601 Win Three Kings 2916.25   2916.25
  • edited August 2015
    That's a pretty special hand! Hope you're well.
  • edited August 2015

Wowzer, A-A v A-K v A-K & two Kings fell. Incred.

You'd think you were home & hosed there, very hard for any of the 3 hands to improve.

Permission to be (extra) grumpy is granted.

• edited August 2015
    Such good news about the possible return of the SPTs. I wanted to hold off from commenting until it was confirmed but I think Wacko is right. Bad news and the forum is buzzing, good news and less so.

Dtd is a fabulous place to play poker but I'm quite glad it's been decided to only use it for the UKPC. SPTs in my opinion are all about the community. Having SPTs at Dtd can be quite intimidating for inexperienced live players and it also will get many non Sky players taking part.

In truth, Aspers in Newcastle and say Broadway aren't a patch on Dtd as venues but work really well for SPTs.

Now I have 2 new problems.
    I work Saturdays and getting time off may well be difficult in December. If it does get the go ahead then dates as soon as possible please Sky.  I've also been away 3 times already this year playing poker and also twice playing golf. I'm sure Penny will be delighted at the idea of me spending another weekend away.
  • edited August 2015
  • edited August 2015
    Afternoon Paul, how are things?
  • edited August 2015
    Been watching the Star Wars series with the boy (8) since the hype and them being promoted and available on Sky On Demand. Never really paid much interest to this type of film or series (doubt I'll ever watch a Star Trek episode). Did actually go to see The Phantom Menace at the cinema when it came out owing to being friends with a couple of enthusiasts. Fell asleep at the cinema, but on watching it some 15 years later,.. yeah, fell asleep on the sofa.

But.. if you fast forward through the laser fights and plane chases, it is quite strong the story is. Some nice tensions between light and dark (and how to tell the difference) versus family loyalty etc. My son said he'd not come with me if I asked him to join me on the dark side, not sure how I feel about that lol.

Some dull bits in the series for sure, but Revenge of the Sith I really enjoyed. It's the 'newest' in terms of production and really shows. Might just have to check out the next one.
  • edited August 2015

Hi Paul,

What sort of day have you had?
  • edited August 2015
    Hi Paul, What sort of day have you had?
    Posted by Tikay10
    You know what that sort of comment Leeds 2 
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : You know what that sort of comment Leeds 2 
    Posted by VespaPX

A Grumpy 1
  • edited August 2015
    Wood you two behave?
  • edited August 2015
    Wood you two behave?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    WINNER
  • edited August 2015
    Too Good :)

You should all be on Bob says Opportunity Knocks
  • edited August 2015
    Sigh just bust main. Rarely play it so it was nice to have a good run. Got it in with AK v A10 for a 95k pot to go 3/26 but he hit. :(

Still £5.20 profit on day :)

It's been a great day.
    Work this morning
    Football didn't quite go to plan
    Played rubbish at golf
    Had a nice chat with GSmith at the tables
    Next doors 18 year old son having party. Lovely! Harry will be awake soon no doubt

GG Saturday, going bed

• edited September 2015
    Numbers for August

£355 up at Dyms
    £258 down at mtts
    £600 up live from Priority freeroll
    £450 approx in rakeback
    £122 up at Cash.

So it's not too bad. Last couple of days have spoiled things a bit. I needed to rake more than last month to get a $180 rtr bonus. So I put in about 12 hours or so and lost more than I will get in bonus.
    Serves me right for being a rtr player ;)

Made my most ever points 12343. I'm aware though that I was chasing rakeback quite a bit and that cost me some cash in the end. First and foremost I need to be winning. The extra rakeback should just be a nice bonus on top of profits.

I think I'll play less this month. Might even do something that I never do and study a bit. Really not happy with how I'm playing in mtts at the moment.

Small sample but I only had one real run in anything this month. AK v A10 for 3/26 in main on Saturday smarted a bit.
  • edited September 2015
    Very nice solid profit Jac good luck for September.
    Timmyrara.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    Sigh just bust main. Rarely play it so it was nice to have a good run. Got it in with AK v A10 for a 95k pot to go 3/26 but he hit. :( 

Posted by Jac35
    Unlucky on the result. But at what stage do you check to see where you would be if you'd won? Before, during or after the action? 

I've seen others say the same and I've always wondered? I'm generally too busy before and not interested afterwards. Seems like needless pain to check after the event. 

• edited September 2015
    In Response to  Re: Ramblings of an old man : Unlucky on the result. But at what stage do you check to see where you would be if you'd won? Before, during or after the action?  I've seen others say the same and I've always wondered? I'm generally too busy before and not interested afterwards. Seems like needless pain to check after the event. 
    Posted by GELDY
    Yeah see what you mean. I wouldn't notice generally with standard 10bigs bust outs. On this occasion as I went to close lobby I saw where it would have put me.