You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ramblings of an old man

Comments

• edited August 2015
    I am sure you can buy a few more. Most teams seemed to be resting players last night so they could sell them to you.

You must be good to draw against the promotion favourites :-)

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    Were they fit in the first place? Here's one of your players in action.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay!

Things are bad enough for us already.
    I have faith that Clement will never pick hhyftdr to play in goal for us. You get that pic from his Facebook?
  • edited August 2015
    faith in Clement - hope for you that is still plentiful come January - cough #sackrace?
  • edited August 2015
    faith in Clement - hope for you that is still plentiful come January - cough #sackrace?
    Posted by Phantom66
    I think end of September if the results don't start to come. This new chairman want success, NOW

Funny Tikay should post a pic of hhyftdrs trial at York City.
    I checked the stats on our new keeper, Scot Carson, yesterday.
    How much he's gone for in transfer fees, clean sheets etc.

Felt a bit bad afterwards. I mean it can be a slippery slope. Before you know it I'll be trying to hack into his bank details
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : I think end of September if the results don't start to come. This new chairman want success, NOW Funny Tikay should post a pic of hhyftdrs trial at York City. I checked the stats on our new keeper, Scot Carson, yesterday. How much he's gone for in transfer fees, clean sheets etc. Felt a bit bad afterwards. I mean it can be a slippery slope. Before you know it I'll be trying to hack into his bank details
    Posted by Jac35
    Who needs stats to get depressed about Scot Carson when you have this...

Still he should be good if you get into any penalty shootouts?

• edited August 2015
    Busy week ahead Mighty Rams today. Please change the system new guy. This formation doesn't suit any of our players. The 443 that we've played for the last couple of years has worked for the majority of the time.  I'll watch my 2nd team batter Man City  tomorrow afternoon . Tuesday and we've got Middlesbrough. Nugent bound to score. Thursday and its DTD for the freeroll. Friday is golf with Hendrik. Already regretting asking him. I'm shocking, he's a pro. At night Derby are in against Birmingham. Got to get some poker in as well. Doing pretty well for month 7200 so far. Want to get priority as quickly as possible Have a nice weekend all.
    Posted by Jac35
    Can't wait, been in training all week. Looking forward to seeing everyone on Thursday night, may have a few beers in prep for our early morning stroll, if I see two balls I am bound to hit one...... 
  • edited August 2015
    Sky bet Odds

4/6 Jac

6/5 Hen/Jimi

10/1 Tie

Can i have a quid on Jac please
  • edited August 2015
    Phew!

Rebuys went their usual way. Played a few Dyms after my very quick bust outs in all 3 mtts i played. £76 up for the 13 games i played and so tiny profit on night. I know my memtality is all wrong but i'm too old to change now. It's a never ending game etc. Sod that, i like to go to bed with more than i started with. Thought i was doomed in last £33. Had a big stack throughout courtesy of an early double up. Player on bubble folded down to 1.5 bigs and found aces and trebled up. Rinse repeat. Short stack must have survived maybe 6 times and we got to 300/600. Finally got there.

Looking forward to DTD tomorrow night. Think i might have to drive :(
    Can't really justify staying over and a bus there and then a £30 taxi home doesn't really appeal.

I'll have to take advantage of the free snap instead!

Watched first episode of House of Cards earlier. Liked it. Kevin Spacey is always very good.

Be good to see a few familiar faces tomorrow night

• edited August 2015
    House of cards is fantastic :)
  • edited August 2015
    ill go in goal paul and i cant even walk lol
  • edited August 2015
    bring back paddy roche lol

• edited August 2015
    Good fun last night. Had massage, was nice
    Also came 6th in the freeroll for £600. Great night put on by Sky. Free food and drink and I think most of us took advantage of it.

Had the knock round Horsley with Hendrik this morning. The weather held and it was really enjoyable.

Hoping Neil has a good run in the poker today. Top chap.
    He was also kind enough to outdo me on id. I may have forgotten mine in Vegas but at least when I could eventually produce it, it was in date!
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Tikay! Things are bad enough for us already. I have faith that Clement will never pick hhyftdr to play in goal for us. You get that pic from his Facebook?
    Posted by Jac35
    You may mock hrry but he doesn't half show his flexibility as Colin on the money supermarket ads on tele.
  • edited August 2015
    Good fun last night. Had massage, was nice Also came 6th in the freeroll for £600. Great night put on by Sky. Free food and drink and I think most of us took advantage of it. Had the knock round Horsley with Hendrik this morning. The weather held and it was really enjoyable. Hoping Neil has a good run in the poker today. Top chap. He was also kind enough to outdo me on id. I may have forgotten mine in Vegas but at least when I could eventually produce it, it was in date!
    Posted by Jac35

Ha ha, dont know what her problem was my driving license was only 3yrs (yes really) out of date.......:-0
  • edited August 2015
    It looks as though Sky and Dtd have put together another great festival once again. I wasn't allowed to play the main or mini but was there for Thursday's freeroll.

Good to see everyone again. I was on table Froch and we got on famously from the off.

"You heard Carl? Derby have  just signed Antonio"

"Really"

"No"

"Twit"

I got a stack when I got lucky v Jordz. 3bet JJ from the sb and he thought I'd said all in and instantly said call. Guessed I was in trouble at this stage. 10 high flop, lots in the middle and a turbo structure. Was gonna have to go with it. K on turn made no difference and I put it in. I was either miles ahead or miles behind. The latter, he had 10's. J on river was most pleasant.

Got to final table. Tikay was on there and then there were 7 good players. Sam1986, Señor Begs, Wacko90, Essexphil, Sikas. Didn't know the others but they were good. Entirely card dead I was happy in the end to scrape into the cash.

Fun night 
  • edited August 2015
    Great weekend 

Had another bash around Horsley with Hendrik on Saturday. I've been really struggling around the greens and so was very grateful for some help.
    After the tips with my yips with my chips things were a lot better.
    To say thank you I gave Jimi a much better route home to Scotland than the way he came. Took him 3 hours longer.

Had a monster Sunday dinner. Took up the option of supersizing it for another £3. It meant Harry had to go without but he seemed ok about it. Gave him a couple of carrots.

To show his gratitude, later on he may have swallowed some washing machine cleaner. It was all over the floor and we didn't know if he'd ingested any. He seemed fine but not taking any chances there. A&E for the next 4 hours. Fortunately he was fine. 

Poker was thrilling. Won Saturday, lost Sunday. £11 up for weekend. 1720 points for 4 hours work is pretty good though. With priority in the bag now (9635 points) I might have a rest tonight. Watch the football and maybe spend sometime with Penny.
    Wish me luck 
  • edited August 2015
    It looks as though Sky and Dtd have put together another great festival once again. I wasn't allowed to play the main or mini but was there for Thursday's freeroll. Good to see everyone again. I was on table Froch and we got on famously from the off. "You heard Carl? Derby have  just signed Antonio" "Really" "No" "Twit"
    Posted by Jac35
    Ha! You're a brave man.

Sounds like a fun tourni though, congrats on the cash (and 'phew' to finding out Harry didn't drink the cleaning liquid).

Will have to stay off this diary in a week or so once Derby start moving up the table. Only a matter of time before the winning run kicks in.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Ha! You're a brave man. Sounds like a fun tourni though, congrats on the cash (and 'phew' to finding out Harry didn't drink the cleaning liquid). Will have to stay off this diary in a week or so once Derby start moving up the table. Only a matter of time before the winning run kicks in.
    Posted by shakinaces
    Ideally not this weekend
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Ideally not this weekend
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    You are most definitely thread banned if your mob get a result
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : You are most definitely thread banned if your mob get a result
    Posted by Jac35
    Thread will be stickied if we do win 
  • edited August 2015
    Saw mention of that Hitch hikers Guide thing on another thread and shuddered. Have never and will never read or watch that, doesn't appeal in the slightest.
    Same goes for Star Trek. Happy to say I've never watched one episode of that.
    Star Wars can do one as well. 
    Have to say that surprisingly I struggled with The Office as well.

Anyone got anything that most people seem to love but you can't stand?

Absolutely loving House of Cards. Only 3 episodes in, so plenty of watching left to do.

Most underrated/unknown comedy of the last few years...Early Doors.
    Try and watch it, it's brilliant

Some really good stuff over last few years or so after a really poor patch.
    The Thick of It was stunningly good. Thought The Trip was good.

Want to feel old?
    Forrest Gump came out in 1994

Shame Sky have lost some Cricket. They do it so well. Would be fine if they just got in the Radio 5 team to do it.

Can't stand Chris Evans on the radio these days. Think Sarah Cox is miles better when she stands in for him (I am forced to listen to Radio 2 at work)
  • edited August 2015
    I didn't think Hitch Hikers Guide to the galaxy would appeal to me but I enjoyed reading the books... So you've never watched Star Wars? High five! Me neither :P Nor have I watched Star Trek. However, I watched Battlestar Gallactica recently (the TV series) and thought it was pretty good. 

I never used to get the appeal of You've been Framed. I probably like it more now then I did when I was younger - my brothers all thought it was hilarious. Benidorm too. Never got into that.

I feel jealous of you getting to watch The House of Cards for the first time. Only 6 months till season 4 though now!
  • edited August 2015
    I didn't think Hitch Hikers Guide to the galaxy would appeal to me but I enjoyed reading the books... So you've never watched Star Wars? High five! Me neither :P Nor have I watched Star Trek. However, I watched Battlestar Gallactica recently (the TV series) and thought it was pretty good.  I never used to get the appeal of You've been Framed. I probably like it more now then I did when I was younger - my brothers all thought it was hilarious. Benidorm too. Never got into that. I feel jealous of you getting to watch The House of Cards for the first time. Only 6 months till season 4 though now!
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    You could have been in Early Doors, Ivan
    Accent is perfect :)

Add Sopranos and Doctor Who to that list
  • edited August 2015
    I didn't think Hitch Hikers Guide to the galaxy would appeal to me but I enjoyed reading the books... So you've never watched Star Wars? High five! Me neither :P Nor have I watched Star Trek. However, I watched Battlestar Gallactica recently (the TV series) and thought it was pretty good.  I never used to get the appeal of You've been Framed. I probably like it more now then I did when I was younger - my brothers all thought it was hilarious. Benidorm too. Never got into that. I feel jealous of you getting to watch The House of Cards for the first time. Only 6 months till season 4 though now!
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    i'm with Ivan, framed/pranked/punked - why so many words for it? urgh

HHGTTG - It's all about the words - the film was diabolical, and not the right medium for it anyway. the original radio series though was pure gold (imho).
  • edited August 2015
    sarah cox - very good, she kept me company last saturday night.

mrs browns boys - cannot see how anyone finds this amusing
  • edited August 2015
    Sci-fi really isn't my thing so I'm also in the anti Star Wars/Star Trek etc camp.

The popularity of Big Bang Theory baffles me, and I know this might leave me in the minority but I really don't find Family Guy funny.

Bad Robots is funny, series 2 has just started on E4. Bit childish but pretty amusing. Think Trigger Happy TV with robots instead of people and you get the idea.
  • edited August 2015
    Any "Comedy" with canned laughter does my head in, the powers that be should supply viewers an option on the TV remote canned or no canned.

• edited August 2015
    Saw mention of that Hitch hikers Guide thing on another thread and shuddered. Have never and will never read or watch that, doesn't appeal in the slightest. Same goes for Star Trek. Happy to say I've never watched one episode of that. Star Wars can do one as well.  Have to say that surprisingly I struggled with The Office as well. Anyone got anything that most people seem to love but you can't stand? Absolutely loving House of Cards. Only 3 episodes in, so plenty of watching left to do. Most underrated/unknown comedy of the last few years...Early Doors. Try and watch it, it's brilliant Some really good stuff over last few years or so after a really poor patch. The Thick of It was stunningly good. Thought The Trip was good. Want to feel old? Forrest Gump came out in 1994 Shame Sky have lost some Cricket. They do it so well. Would be fine if they just got in the Radio 5 team to do it. Can't stand Chris Evans on the radio these days. Think Sarah Cox is miles better when she stands in for him (I am forced to listen to Radio 2 at work)
    Posted by Jac35

cba with HHGTTG, Star Wars & Star Trek - agree.

Top stuff - "The Thick Of It" - agree.

Sarah Cox is better than Chris Evans. Are you MAD? Christoff might just be the best DJ in the world.
  • edited August 2015
    Early Doors was an awesome little series, can second the recommendation for people to check it out.  Think they still repeat them on Gold
  • edited August 2015

I loved early doors the first couple of times I watched them.

Now they're abit 'meh'.

Feels like they could've done so much more with it. 

The Royle Family however, even though it's rated quite highly, still very much under-rated. Top 3 British Comedy of all time for sure. <33333333.

Stuff that people love that I don't understand why...

Strictly Come Dancing. At least w/ Xfactor and the like, good and bad singers/music are both entertaining.

Can't say the same about dancing.

F1

+1 to Mrs Browns Boys.

+1 to all the spacey sheight including Red Dwarf. 

Peep Show. - how is this funny? Is the first episode significantly worse than the rest? 

Miranda? Is that even popular enough to get on a list of over-rated popular things?

Hideous 'comedy'.

-----

Best non-sport TV show ainec imo is Masterchef. 

-----

Most under-rated, the early series of outnumbered. 

Of course the best TV show ever made anywhere by anyone ever is the original and best 'The Office' :D 

Although despite my Gervais bias, Derek was pretty cr@ p tbh. As was Better Call Saul. Although it had a next to impossible task trying to live up to the hype and season 2 I'm certain will be much improved.

---

Edit* best sports coverage 'team' is the BBC snooker team. Excellent coverage, can't think of a weak link in the setup.