You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ramblings of an old man

Comments

• edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Unfortunately there is no chance they will get close to 20th. Should be nailed on for top 6. Those teams with ridiculous transfer embargos on the other hand.... :(
    Posted by shakinaces
    They were nailed on top 6 for 8.5 of the 9 months last season. How McClaren didn't get manager of the season is beyond me.
  • edited July 2015

Nice solid month Jac nice work.
    I'm defiantly going to be betting on Derby for top6 and mite even put a small bet on Darren Bent for Top Goalscorer at 12/1 with Sky bet.

• edited July 2015
    Nice solid month Jac nice work. I'm defiantly going to be betting on Derby for top6 and mite even put a small bet on Darren Bent for Top Goalscorer at 12/1 with Sky bet.
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Clearly you have more money than sense Timmy!
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : They were nailed on top 6 for 8.5 of the 9 months last season. How McClaren didn't get manager of the season is beyond me.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Probably the manager from a small club in Dorset was better.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Probably the manager from a small club in Dorset was better.
    Posted by VespaPX
    Come on Mick, dust off that sarcasm detector of yours.....
  • edited July 2015
    Actually it wasn't even sarcastic. Any manager who can take Derby from running away with the league to 8th place by May is MOTS in my eyes.
  • edited July 2015
    Actually it wasn't even sarcastic. Any manager who can take Derby from running away with the league to 8th place by May is MOTS in my eyes.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    You're fat
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Come on Mick, dust off that sarcasm detector of yours.....
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Post more !
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Post more !
    Posted by VespaPX
    Double bluff, wp.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : You're fat
    Posted by Jac35
    More of me to love.
  • edited July 2015

Just had a quick session. Ran bad and then I ran good. Got super lucky in my last £33 to give me a £79 profit. Lost £14 at cash (will I ever learn?) I'm so bad at cash.

Having a month where I must be running miles above ev and yet I've moaned more in the chatbox than ever before. Never abusive, just pathetic whining when Timmy wins again :)

Not sure I'm cut out for this grinding to priority lark. I obviously should be carrying on right now. However I just got me a text suggesting I drink copious amounts of Peroni for the next couple of hours. I thought it would be rude to say "no" and  so I said "yes"

If any Dym players read this and see me playing around Midnight, I'm not drunk ok? I'm playing my A game and it'll prob be best to just fold if I raise.

Phantom

Spme people prefer brunettes and some prefer ......... 
    Add the correct word and place it before poker and that's next door.
  • edited July 2015
    cheers for that, been wondering for a while.

PS If you want some quick points just give the spin up tables a try.

blue driver? Is that the equivalent of white boots back in the day?

Looking forward to PNE v Derby and might even get to the away match too. Dont suppose you have a player of the season up for sale do you? The last one we pinched did rather well here.
  • edited July 2015
    cheers for that, been wondering for a while. PS If you want some quick points just give the spin up tables a try. blue driver? Is that the equivalent of white boots back in the day? Looking forward to PNE v Derby and might even get to the away match too. Dont suppose you have a player of the season up for sale do you? The last one we pinched did rather well here.
    Posted by Phantom66
    I'll drive Keogh round to your gaff and you can take it from there :)
    Not gonna play spin up tables. Heard there's some shark on them stacking people with 82!
  • edited July 2015
    Turbo DYM regs will be relieved to know that I have now got 10,000, so will back off on the luckboxing.
    Cutting it a little fine, Jac.....
  • edited July 2015
    9238 Just had a quick session. Ran bad and then I ran good. Got super lucky in my last £33 to give me a £79 profit. Lost £14 at cash (will I ever learn?) I'm so bad at cash. Having a month where I must be running miles above ev and yet I've moaned more in the chatbox than ever before. Never abusive, just pathetic whining when Timmy wins again :) Not sure I'm cut out for this grinding to priority lark. I obviously should be carrying on right now. However I just got me a text suggesting I drink copious amounts of Peroni for the next couple of hours. I thought it would be rude to say "no" and  so I said "yes" If any Dym players read this and see me playing around Midnight, I'm not drunk ok? I'm playing my A game and it'll prob be best to just fold if I raise. ...... Phantom Spme people prefer brunettes and some prefer .........DYMs?  Add the correct word and place it before poker and that's next door.
    Posted by Jac35
    Amiright?
  • edited July 2015
    9238 Just had a quick session. Ran bad and then I ran good. Got super lucky in my last £33 to give me a £79 profit. Lost £14 at cash (will I ever learn?) I'm so bad at cash. Having a month where I must be running miles above ev and yet I've moaned more in the chatbox than ever before. Never abusive, just pathetic whining when Timmy wins again :) Not sure I'm cut out for this grinding to priority lark. I obviously should be carrying on right now. However I just got me a text suggesting I drink copious amounts of Peroni for the next couple of hours. I thought it would be rude to say "no" and  so I said "yes" If any Dym players read this and see me playing around Midnight, I'm not drunk ok? I'm playing my A game and it'll prob be best to just fold if I raise. ...... Phantom Spme people prefer brunettes and some prefer .........  Add the correct word and place it before poker and that's next door.
    Posted by Jac35
    If made your diary again that's twice this week I must be running well lol.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : If made your diary again that's twice this week I must be running well lol.
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    When do you not?
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : When do you not?
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    I Losted 3 credit card roulette meals in Vegas $90 each
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : I Losted 3 credit card roulette meals in Vegas $90 each
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Bill was only $90?. Where did you skinflints eat?
  • edited July 2015
    Restaurant at the palazzo good food good prices.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : I Losted 3 credit card roulette meals in Vegas $90 each
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Aha now I know what CCR stands for in Scotty's vegas diary "next door"
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Amiright?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    It's either that or
    strip 

I hear that a lot from these Vegas types
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Bill was only $90?. Where did you skinflints eat?
    Posted by Jac35

• edited July 2015
    Gilleys, what a truly fine Las Vegas eatery
  • edited July 2015
    Gilleys, what a truly fine Las Vegas eatery
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Timmys Las Vegas bathroom might disagree with that comment
  • edited July 2015
    Right 
    First the good news. 10645 points. 
    Now the bad news.
    I've always been a moaner on here but I don't do it at the tables. However, this last couple of weeks I've been a non stop whiner. Embarrassed. I can't explain it really. I've had a couple of health issues recently which have put me in a bad mood but that's not good enough reason.

Yesterday I ran as badly as I can ever remember and I've played a lot of games. There was a spell when I lost with sets 4 consecutive times. These things are going to happen from time to time though. You should show some class and just get on with it.  Flips weren't going my way and I was also playing horribly. The good regs were totally outplaying me and I was making silly mistakes against the rec players.

I wasn't abusing players or anything like that but I was a chatbox nightmare. Pathetically moaning all the time. Timmy said something which really wound me up at the time and then likened me to the most notorious Dym moaner. Now when Timmy, one of the nicest people I've ever met says something like that then you need to question yourself.

As I said I can't explain it. I'm a natural worrier and I've thought about little else this morning. I really hope that my previous conduct allows me a little latitude and I hope I haven't lost a friend. 

I'm at a loss as to why I've suddenly started doing this. All I can say is that it won't happen again. If it does then I'll ask to be chatbox banned. I'm being the sort of player I most dislike at the tables.

Nothing more I can say really.
    The numbers. I lost around a £100 at Dyms and then I made the smart decision to sit at 7 cash tables. Did 3buy ins in around 10 minutes of sitting down. Thec2 I remember we're getting AKss in preflop v someone. Should I ever be getting 100 bigs in pre with Ak? The cash I'm most used too live plays very deep. I don't adapt and get myself pot stuck very easily. I then had aces v Liambois flopped set. I should have just flatted river.

All in all I lost £180 on the day after a little recovery at the Nd.

Not a dat to be proud of in any way at all.

• edited July 2015
    Posted all that on iPad and I can't edit it. Excuse all the spelling errors.

Just to finish I snap withdrew £650 when I finished. Going to have a mini break now I've got the required points for priority. I've got Harry for the day and he's under the weather which is horrible to see. His breathing is really rough I hate not being able to do much to help him.

Gonna hit golf balls very hard around a field tonight and then go pub. I'll then relax and hopefully come back after a couple of days refreshed and Happy.

Paul has been a very silly boy 
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Timmys Las Vegas bathroom might disagree with that comment
    Posted by Jac35
    Haha that place was Awful my stomach was in bits the next day.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man :
    Posted by Tikay10
    Did you pick that restaurant Sam???
  • edited July 2015
    Right  First the good news. 10645 points.  ...... Now the bad news. I've always been a moaner on here but I don't do it at the tables. However, this last couple of weeks I've been a non stop whiner. Embarrassed. I can't explain it really. I've had a couple of health issues recently which have put me in a bad mood but that's not good enough reason. Yesterday I ran as badly as I can ever remember and I've played a lot of games. There was a spell when I lost with sets 4 consecutive times. These things are going to happen from time to time though. You should show some class and just get on with it.  Flips weren't going my way and I was also playing horribly. The good regs were totally outplaying me and I was making silly mistakes against the rec players. I wasn't abusing players or anything like that but I was a chatbox nightmare. Pathetically moaning all the time. Timmy said something which really wound me up at the time and then likened me to the most notorious Dym moaner. Now when Timmy, one of the nicest people I've ever met says something like that then you need to question yourself. As I said I can't explain it. I'm a natural worrier and I've thought about little else this morning. I really hope that my previous conduct allows me a little latitude and I hope I haven't lost a friend.  I'm at a loss as to why I've suddenly started doing this. All I can say is that it won't happen again. If it does then I'll ask to be chatbox banned. I'm being the sort of player I most dislike at the tables. Nothing more I can say really. ...... The numbers. I lost around a £100 at Dyms and then I made the smart decision to sit at 7 cash tables. Did 3buy ins in around 10 minutes of sitting down. Thec2 I remember we're getting AKss in preflop v someone. Should I ever be getting 100 bigs in pre with Ak? The cash I'm most used too live plays very deep. I don't adapt and get myself pot stuck very easily. I then had aces v Liambois flopped set. I should have just flatted river. All in all I lost £180 on the day after a little recovery at the Nd. Not a dat to be proud of in any way at all.
    Posted by Jac35
    Hi buddy not the best results night at the tables but your still having a very good month. Last nite you had a few little moans but you wasn't to bad maybe my JAC any2 comment didn't help you MY BAD sir. see ya on the tables when your back.