You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ramblings of an old man

Comments

• edited July 2015
    I was dead chuffed when an airline lost my luggage on the way home from travelling ~ it meant I didn't have to lug it around on the long bus ride home and they delivered it straight to my house 2 days later :D
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    I was dead chuffed when an airline lost my luggage on the way home from travelling ~ it meant I didn't have to lug it around on the long bus ride home and they delivered it straight to my house 2 days later :D
    Posted by mrsduck
    haha <3 this duck :)
  • edited July 2015

I'll try and find the positives from todays poker.
    900 points :)

• edited July 2015
    Got ridiculously drunk on Monday night for no reason at all. Had work on Tuesday morning at 6.30. I'm still recovering. I'm too old for that xxxx.

Last night was a bit frustrating with the site issues as I was going to put in a big session. Credit to Sky though, I got refunds for the games that were affected with no fuss. There was a also a rtr freeroll for a UKPC seat so that was a shame. Went pub again instead :)

Looking to play a decent chunk tonight. The rebuys and the 9pm plus dyms.

Zoo tomorrow with the boy.

Little chance of topping up my tan over the weekend. Golf, cricket and double points should take care of that. With the rtr deal gone I need to try and make priority monthly. I've been playing catch up this month after missing the first week. This gives me a great chance to get back on track
  • edited July 2015
    Decent night in the end.
    Apart from some old chap busting me in a PL08 dym the dyms went swimmingly at first. Played the main and mini and contributed heartily to the prize pool during the rebuy period. Bust the main straight after the add on. Got within 6 of the money in the mini. Ended up busting bizarrely in 2 hands where the same player called me with slightly less than premiums hands and got there both times.

Had a spell in the dyms when nothing could go right. This is always going to happen but it's also always going to be really frustrating. Won a few at the end and then concentrated on the £55BH. Had my share of luck including flopping the nuts and seeing 3 people go all in! Had a bit to dodge but managed it and got a big stack. Ended up 4th for £173.38 + £169.93 in head prizes.

So a £250 profit on night. Would definitely have taken that around 10pm.
    More importantly obviously I got me 594 points for the night :)
  • edited July 2015

Zoo was good

Double points are very good. 3 hours work tonight and over 1k points. Only played 21 Dyms but ran pretty well and made £136
    Played the main and just sneaked into the money. Took a couple of heads as well. Decent nights work.

It was lovely to see PatWalshh back at the tables. Really missed him. The atmosphere at the tables has been too friendly in his absence. He's still a sweetheart.

Pennys birthday tomorrow so I won't be playing. Taking Harry to the village fete in the afternoon (sounds amazing) and then we're out for a meal and drinks with friends at night.

Should be back on it Sunday after the golf has finished

• edited July 2015
    you and pat don't seem to be getting on,you should get married,you can have gay marriages now you know,anyway well done brother
    ignore it m8
  • edited July 2015
    Been a good month of poker so far.
    I may have already mentioned this but I had a small cash at the WSOP.
    Back online I'm a bit ahead from the few mtts I've played this month. Dyms have gone well up to now. About £500 up. 
    I was real hoping for double points again this weekend. I'm at 6600 points. Priority is really worth making this month for me. The extra rakeback obviously but also the freeroll at DTD. Given that a lot of priority guys don't play the freerolls online I'm not sure how many will travel for one. Could be a small field.
    I only need another 400 points or so a day which is around 20 games daily at my stakes. Sounds easy but with golf, pub, Harry and Mrs J to fit in around it, it can be quite difficult.
  • edited July 2015
    Been a bit absent minded recently. The other day I lit a cigarette in the office at work.

Bought a new stick as the other one was faulty. Drove the green on the par 4 2nd so it seems to be working. Lost the hole. It appears that my putter is broken now.

In the doghouse with Penny and rightfully so. Harry went into the bathroom for his bath. I left the stair guard open. She let him out the bathroom whilst she was getting the water temperature right. We heard a couple of bumps and Harry crying. He must have somehow negotiated the majority of the stairs and the bumps were the bottom step and the hallway. He was absolutely fine. Horrible moment.

Looks like Derby are finally about to get Shackell. Really excited about the season now. We've made some great signings. Got to fear for Burnley. Their 3 best players gone. Early favourites for relegation alongside Dirty Leeds and Forest I suggest.

Lovely gesture from PatWalshh. It's definitely good for the game if he passes on some of his considerable expertise to Dym players.

One more day at work and then I'm on leave for a week.
    Happy days
  • edited July 2015
    Hi Jac 

I am sure you can do it, as long as u dont make mistakes regging for the wrong games were u only get 3 points :)

Nice playing with you, hopefully be at your games by end of the year.
  • edited July 2015
    Well I feel proper stupid now.
    After saying how well it was going at Dyms this month, I've just had a proper kicking. Certainly ran bad early on but that probably evened out by the end. Well nearly.

Had a couple of minutes where I lost my head a bit and bust about 4 games with just simply shocking play. I started regging every Dym at £22 upwards including higher stakes than I usually play. I never keep a lot in my account and do I deposited another £300 to ensure I could keep on regging.

Think with games regged and games in play I was in for around £500. In truth I had no idea quite how bad it was. 

I won my last few games and cane to my senses and decided to text a mate to go pub. Deregged the rest of my games. When I dared to check my balance I was pleasantly surprised to see I was only £226 down. Then I looked a bit closer and it was actually £216 down. Then I checked my bank balance and bizarrely I'd only deposited £150 and not £300. So actually £66 down. Then I thought a bit more and I made a lot of ooints. About a tenners worth. So actually £56 down.

Never been so happy to lose £50 odd quid.

Told you I was absent minded this week.

Great signing for Derby.

Right, pub
  • edited July 2015
    Been a good month of poker so far. I may have already mentioned this but I had a small cash at the WSOP. Back online I'm a bit ahead from the few mtts I've played this month. Dyms have gone well up to now. About £500 up.  I was real hoping for double points again this weekend. I'm at 6600 points. Priority is really worth making this month for me. The extra rakeback obviously but also the freeroll at DTD. Given that a lot of priority guys don't play the freerolls online I'm not sure how many will travel for one. Could be a small field. I only need another 400 points or so a day which is around 20 games daily at my stakes. Sounds easy but with golf, pub, Harry and Mrs J to fit in around it, it can be quite difficult.
    Posted by Jac35
    In exactly the same position. As of this morning, on 6,866 points, and playing DYMs for points. Race you to 10,000.

Phil
  • edited July 2015

My targets are far more modest, would love to get 1,000 points in a week, but with the PLO8 DYM's not seeing as much liquidity as the NLH stuff, it's a tough - but fun - ask.

Am on 450 for this week so far, so even 750 or 800 will be a stretch.

Still, if you guys fancy some fun PLO8, they have an £11 version which helps rack up a few points. ;)

• edited July 2015
    Tikay bumhunting Jac, love it.
  • edited July 2015
    Tikay bumhunting Jac, love it.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Outrageous.

Was just trying to help, as a good friend would.......:)
  • edited July 2015
    Well I feel proper stupid now. After saying how well it was going at Dyms this month, I've just had a proper kicking. Certainly ran bad early on but that probably evened out by the end. Well nearly. Had a couple of minutes where I lost my head a bit and bust about 4 games with just simply shocking play. I started regging every Dym at £22 upwards including higher stakes than I usually play. I never keep a lot in my account and do I deposited another £300 to ensure I could keep on regging. Think with games regged and games in play I was in for around £500. In truth I had no idea quite how bad it was.  I won my last few games and cane to my senses and decided to text a mate to go pub. Deregged the rest of my games. When I dared to check my balance I was pleasantly surprised to see I was only £226 down. Then I looked a bit closer and it was actually £216 down. Then I checked my bank balance and bizarrely I'd only deposited £150 and not £300. So actually £66 down. Then I thought a bit more and I made a lot of ooints. About a tenners worth. So actually £56 down. Never been so happy to lose £50 odd quid. Told you I was absent minded this week. Great signing for Derby. Right, pub
    Posted by Jac35
    His best years are past him imo ;)
  • edited July 2015
    How is pre season going? We turned you over (a strong side too). GTFC
  • edited July 2015
    Phil - A fraction under 8k now. How you getting on?
    Rik - You battered us by all accounts
    Adam - Looks like I may have got away with my earlier post :) Good job Mrs Brom didn't see it.

A good night tonight
    £97 up at Dyms
    £10 at cash
    £43 from sat for the 9pm (thought I was going out so took cash)

Had a dabble at some £50's. Pretty much the same players as the £33's and £22's. Not sure they're for me at the moment though. They don't run frequently enough to ride out variance. Big swings to a modest bankroll as well. £100 or nothing. Won 2 out of 4. 2 I bust were disappointing A10 v K10 and KK v AK for Timmy (never gonna win that one) TIMMY RUN SO GOOD!!!!

Live poker tomorrow night I think. Off work for a week and Mother in Law has the boy on Monday. Love the £30 rebuy at Derby.
  • edited July 2015
    Phil - A fraction under 8k now. How you getting on?
    Posted by Jac35
    Similar-7853. No liveaments for me today, so should get a few points today....
  • edited July 2015
    Phil - A fraction under 8k now. How you getting on? Rik - You battered us by all accounts Adam - Looks like I may have got away with my earlier post :) Good job Mrs Brom didn't see it. .... A good night tonight £97 up at Dyms £10 at cash £43 from sat for the 9pm (thought I was going out so took cash) Had a dabble at some £50's. Pretty much the same players as the £33's and £22's. Not sure they're for me at the moment though. They don't run frequently enough to ride out variance. Big swings to a modest bankroll as well. £100 or nothing. Won 2 out of 4. 2 I bust were disappointing A10 v K10 and KK v AK for Timmy (never gonna win that one) TIMMY RUN SO GOOD!!!! ☺ Live poker tomorrow night I think. Off work for a week and Mother in Law has the boy on Monday. Love the £30 rebuy at Derby.
    Posted by Jac35
    Better to be lucky than good Jac good luck in the Re buy 2nite.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Better to be lucky than good Jac good luck in the Re buy 2nite.
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Quite annoyingly, you're both :)
    Wp last night mate
  • edited July 2015
    Should have stayed in and grinded dyms :)

Bust the rebuy in weird fashion. At 1/2k there are 2 limps and I raise on the button to 10k. Both call. On the 8 high flop it checks to me and I bet enough to put them both all in. First limper snaps with AJ for 30k and Ace on the turn leaves me on fumes. Out next hand 6's into 7's

Played some cash and you can sit with 500 bigs so it plays a lot bigger than 50/1. Was in for £950 and so to cash out for £740 didn't seem so bad in the end. 

Really fun splashy game where you really needed to have the best hand to win. Very excitable Chinese chap know as "two pair" is very good for the game. It can be tough sometimes to keep smiling when he's peeled a 3bet to £36 with 73 and flops straights v your Kings. To be fair he did let me have a slice of the pizza he's just ordered after that. He giggled and told me that it was only fair seeing as I'd paid for it.

I've now learned how to say "big fish" in Chinese.
  • edited July 2015
    Should have stayed in and grinded dyms :) Bust the rebuy in weird fashion. At 1/2k there are 2 limps and I raise on the button to 10k. Both call. On the 8 high flop it checks to me and I bet enough to put them both all in. First limper snaps with AJ for 30k and Ace on the turn leaves me on fumes. Out next hand 6's into 7's Played some cash and you can sit with 500 bigs so it plays a lot bigger than 50/1. Was in for £950 and so to cash out for £740 didn't seem so bad in the end.  Really fun splashy game where you really needed to have the best hand to win. Very excitable Chinese chap know as "two pair" is very good for the game. It can be tough sometimes to keep smiling when he's peeled a 3bet to £36 with 73 and flops straights v your Kings. To be fair he did let me have a slice of the pizza he's just ordered after that. He giggled and told me that it was only fair seeing as I'd paid for it. I've now learned how to say "big fish" in Chinese.
    Posted by Jac35
    Clearly he know this already
  • edited July 2015
  • edited July 2015
    Should have stayed in and grinded dyms :) Bust the rebuy in weird fashion. At 1/2k there are 2 limps and I raise on the button to 10k. Both call. On the 8 high flop it checks to me and I bet enough to put them both all in. First limper snaps with AJ for 30k and Ace on the turn leaves me on fumes. Out next hand 6's into 7's Played some cash and you can sit with 500 bigs so it plays a lot bigger than 50/1. Was in for £950 and so to cash out for £740 didn't seem so bad in the end.  Really fun splashy game where you really needed to have the best hand to win. Very excitable Chinese chap know as "two pair" is very good for the game. It can be tough sometimes to keep smiling when he's peeled a 3bet to £36 with 73 and flops straights v your Kings. To be fair he did let me have a slice of the pizza he's just ordered after that. He giggled and told me that it was only fair seeing as I'd paid for it. I've now learned how to say "big fish" in Chinese.
    Posted by Jac35
    I'm looking forward to coming to this Cash game in the future. Was Neil playing ?
  • edited July 2015
    Afternoons are tough!
    Got the week off and I thought i'd dig into the 1900 points required for priority. Some ridiculous line ups.
    My last game

TimmyRaRa
    Nutter5932
    Jaquelyn
    PatWalshh
    DrewMcRobb

Hard to make money in those games. I played really badly as well. Ran really well though and so £119 and from 22 games and 370 points is a nice start to the week.

Had some connection problems early on. 4 games were running fine but 3 wouldn't load. Was around the bubble in all 4 and so I daren't shut it down and relaunch Sky. A quick thanks to kelly12507 who came to one of the games that was working and told me I was sitting out. There are nice people around.
    It's a problem that clearly needs sorting quickly. I'm sure Sky are tearing their hair out with it but it just seems strange that there's no fix yet. It's been going on for a while now.

Gonna go and whack a little ball round a field now
  • edited July 2015
    Afternoons are tough! Got the week off and I thought i'd dig into the 1900 points required for priority. Some ridiculous line ups. My last game TimmyRaRa Nutter5932 Jaquelyn PatWalshh DrewMcRobb Hard to make money in those games. I played really badly as well. Ran really well though and so £119 and from 22 games and 370 points is a nice start to the week. Had some connection problems early on. 4 games were running fine but 3 wouldn't load. Was around the bubble in all 4 and so I daren't shut it down and relaunch Sky. A quick thanks to kelly12507 who came to one of the games that was working and told me I was sitting out. There are nice people around. It's a problem that clearly needs sorting quickly. I'm sure Sky are tearing their hair out with it but it just seems strange that there's no fix yet. It's been going on for a while now. Gonna go and whack a little ball round a field now
    Posted by Jac35
    Hope that fancy new blue driver is treating you well.
  • edited July 2015
    Another solid if unspectacular day.
    Played the one mtt as i'm dyming mostly. Just bust it in 12th for a few quid. Makes it £71 up on day and takes me to just over £1k profit for month on here. Will be chunky rakeback as well and so I'm pretty happy with that.

Getting a little concerned wth mtts. I'm cashing on a regular basis but not getting the really deep runs. Need to look at that.

Closing in on Priority. Got 8972 points now. Phils going to beat me there :).  Hopefully get close tomorrow as I'm planning on pub Thursday night. Don't want to have too much to do on Friday.
    I've had 2 rounds on the bounce under my handicap. New stick is working.
    Wanted to go to opening game of season but got to work. With a couple of games on tv i'll see the next 5 matches though. As a Derby fan i'm naturally pessimistic but.... We have got a bloody good squad for this division. Can't wait for season to start.
    Mighty Rams
  • edited July 2015
    Another solid if unspectacular day. Played the one mtt as i'm dyming mostly. Just bust it in 12th for a few quid. Makes it £71 up on day and takes me to just over £1k profit for month on here. Will be chunky rakeback as well and so I'm pretty happy with that. Getting a little concerned wth mtts. I'm cashing on a regular basis but not getting the really deep runs. Need to look at that. Closing in on Priority. Got 8972 points now. Phils going to beat me there :).  Hopefully get close tomorrow as I'm planning on pub Thursday night. Don't want to have too much to do on Friday. .... I've had 2 rounds on the bounce under my handicap. New stick is working. .... Wanted to go to opening game of season but got to work. With a couple of games on tv i'll see the next 5 matches though. As a Derby fan i'm naturally pessimistic but.... We have got a bloody good squad for this division. Can't wait for season to start. Mighty Rams
    Posted by Jac35
    9654 points here, so probably.
    Think this is a make or break season for Derby-suspect they will either finish 1st or 20th....
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : 9654 points here, so probably. Think this is a make or break season for Derby-suspect they will either finish 1st or 20th....
    Posted by Essexphil
    Unfortunately there is no chance they will get close to 20th. Should be nailed on for top 6.

Those teams with ridiculous transfer embargos on the other hand.... :(