You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ramblings of an old man

Comments

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    Another hero of mine has left us.  Alan Rickman was an instant favourite of mine as soon as I saw him in Die Hard. He was also terrific in Robin Hood. Along with Bill Nighy he even shone in the dreadful Love Actually. I read earlier that he changed the way Hollywood portrayed villains after his roles as Hans Gruber and the Sheriff of Nottingham. The humour and that incredible sneer were  just wonderful. A sad loss
    Posted by Jac35
    He was one of the best baddies ever
  • edited January 2016
    Another hero of mine has left us.  Alan Rickman was an instant favourite of mine as soon as I saw him in Die Hard. He was also terrific in Robin Hood. Along with Bill Nighy he even shone in the dreadful Love Actually. I read earlier that he changed the way Hollywood portrayed villains after his roles as Hans Gruber and the Sheriff of Nottingham. The humour and that incredible sneer were  just wonderful. A sad loss
    Posted by Jac35
    Bluff!

Know its one of your favs.

But seriously, yes what a talent he was.

Obv being the cultured chap that I am, Im more familiar with his classical stage work.

What an awful week for creative pioneers, game changers in there respective fields.

Do you think if we offer up Bieber, Jay Z, One D and even throw in the cheeky girls to sweeten the deal, we could have Lemmy, Bowie and Rickman back?
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Bluff! Know its one of your favs. But seriously, yes what a talent he was. Obv being the cultured chap that I am, Im more familiar with his classical stage work. What an awful week for creative pioneers, game changers in there respective fields. Do you think if we offer up Bieber, Jay Z, One D and even throw in the cheeky girls to sweeten the deal, we could have Lemmy, Bowie and Rickman back?
    Posted by LmfaoAllin
    Lol
    No, I really did hate that. 
    At maybe the risk of a little abuse I really like his rom-coms normally. Hugh Grant was a perfect choice as the lead in them. Hugh himself maybe wasn't so good at choosing. Liz Hurley or Divine Brown?
    TV wise, Blackadder is up there with the best comedies I've ever seen.
  • edited January 2016
    Well I've had worst nights.
    Not played since Monday after my latest Dym debacle.
    Decided to play mtts all night. I thought I'd be back to moan posts when I bust the single rebuy after losing AA v QQ and busting shortly after.
    Things went rather well after that.
    Finalled that Orford thing and made about £6 profit 
    Came 4th in the 7.30 £22bh for £107 profit.
    Cashed in the main with less than a big blind left on the bubble.
    Came 19th in the 9.30 £11bh for about £25 profit
    Bust 3 £5 games
    Then won the 10.15 £22bh for £299.06 and £172.99 in heads.
    Ran super good.

It's taken me up to just over £1k profit for the month including rakeback so I'm dead chuffed.

• edited January 2016
    Splendid work Paul, really pleased for you. Now you have got the hang of these tourneys could you hack it in the £2 deep stack though? The gauntlet is thrown down my good man ;)
  • edited January 2016
    Well I've had worst nights. Not played since Monday after my latest Dym debacle. Decided to play mtts all night. I thought I'd be back to moan posts when I bust the single rebuy after losing AA v QQ and busting shortly after. Things went rather well after that. Finalled that Orford thing and made about £6 profit  Came 4th in the 7.30 £22bh for £107 profit. Cashed in the main with less than a big blind left on the bubble. Came 19th in the 9.30 £11bh for about £25 profit Bust 3 £5 games Then won the 10.15 £22bh for £299.06 and £172.99 in heads. Ran super good. It's taken me up to just over £1k profit for the month including rakeback so I'm dead chuffed.
    Posted by Jac35
    Great stuff matey!
  • edited January 2016

You played MTT's & never moaned? You'll never make an MTT player. ;) 
  • edited January 2016
    Posted by Tikay10
    perhaps i should moan more then :)
    had a brutal suck out in thursday main moan moan
  • edited January 2016
    Nice turnaround sir good luck for the rest of the month.
  • edited January 2016
    Two excellent snowmen built so far this morning. First one came to an untimely end courtesy of a very excited toddler.
    Harry's first experience of snow and the verdict is.....
    He loves it.

• edited January 2016
    Posted by Tikay10
    You weren't talking to him on skype.
    I'm not saying anything else apart from well played Paul.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : You weren't talking to him on skype. I'll not saying anything else apart from well played Paul.
    Posted by cpfc_2010
    Oh Lordy, tell me it aint so?

The convos of poker players on Skype might just be awesome to eavesdrop on.

"I had J-J, guess what the fish called me with?" 
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Oh Lordy, tell me it aint so? The convos of poker players on Skype might just be awesome to eavesdrop on. "I had J-J, guess what the fish called me with?"  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Believe me our convos wouldn't be worth eavesdropping on. I'd compare them to marriage guidance counselling. Poker counselling you could call it.
  • edited January 2016

Ha.

I'm a good friend of Grumpy Paul, so I'm just messing of course, but I do often imagine what the convos of Team Serious on Skype must be like.

On a slight sidetrack, when I was a young man, (way before Online poker, or even "online" was invented, or even thought of, ditto mobile phones etc), as youngsters our equivalent was to send a mate a postcard. It'd arrive with him inside 3 days, he'd reply, & the whole cycle took less than a week. Oh boy, we knew how to live in those days.

I don't see your name in the UKPC lobby. Why that? You'd better be there, OK?  

• edited January 2016
    Two excellent snowmen built so far this morning. First one came to an untimely end courtesy of a very excited toddler. Harry's first experience of snow and the verdict is..... He loves it.
    Posted by Jac35
    How I miss these times, make the most of them Paul before that dreaded day when they give you "the look" which says what are you doing here? :) 
  • edited January 2016
    Ha.   I'm a good friend of Grumpy Paul, so I'm just messing of course, but I do often imagine what the convos of Team Serious on Skype must be like. On a slight sidetrack, when I was a young man, (way before Online poker, or even "online" was invented, or even thought of, ditto mobile phones etc), as youngsters our equivalent was to send a mate a postcard. It'd arrive with him inside 3 days, he'd reply, & the whole cycle took less than a week. Oh boy, we knew how to live in those days.   I don't see your name in the UKPC lobby. Why that? You'd better be there, OK?    
    Posted by Tikay10
    I'm still unsure as to whether or not I'll make it over for the ukpc (I live in ireland). I work full time and I already plan on playing the ukipt dublin and the irish open, so it's a case of whether or not my good wife will mind me disappearing on another poker jaunt or not. Suffice to say I'm working on it. 
  • edited January 2016
    I turn my back for five minutes....

To correct Palace, we didn't chat on Skype the other night. Just coincidental that I won i guess.
    Nothing to do with not being tilted for once as I hear for the thousandth time
    "Flopped a set, another head" just as I'm losing 6 hands with aces simultaneously.

Oh and Tikay 
    I use far more descriptive words than "fish" :)
  • edited January 2016
    B*llocks to your resolutions Keep up the moaning please, i don't want to be the only one.  More mtts - you're just as good at them as dyms - you just don't like the variance - your NY resolution should be to crush the mtts on sky and chill with the variance of it all. 
    Posted by GELDY
    normality has been resumed.

vwp Paul #mttsforever
  • edited January 2016

Can't wait for the next update.......sigh.

• edited January 2016
    Hello :)

Well seeing as you asked...

Played for the first time since Friday when i ran very well.
    Ran better tonight!

Played 2 sats and 5 mtts.

Bust the Ukpc sat but got seat for the £55 9pm. Took the cash

Played the Single rebuy and came 2nd in that for £220
    Bust the £22 7.30
    Played a £5.75 bh and came 2nd in that for £142 profit
    Played the main and came 3rd in that for £413
    Played the mini and cashed in that for £5.70 amd £6.80 in heads

£758 up on the night. Mtts are fun when you run well :)

Final table of the rebuy was fun.
    Divsdreams
    Solack
    Ian Simpson
    Chicknmelt
    OzzieOwen

At least there was no doubting who was the fish on that final table!

Balance now £3268.02 from the starting balance of £1500 on January 1st
  • edited January 2016
    wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Lol No, I really did hate that.  At maybe the risk of a little abuse I really like his rom-coms normally. Hugh Grant was a perfect choice as the lead in them. Hugh himself maybe wasn't so good at choosing. Liz Hurley or Divine Brown? TV wise, Blackadder is up there with the best comedies I've ever seen.
    Posted by Jac35
    Yes!

Wp of late Mr Jackson, very nice results sir.

Gl for the rest of the month.
  • edited January 2016
    Never in doubt, play more tournaments!
  • edited January 2016
    Wow very nice Tourney Boss!!!
  • edited January 2016
    great results bud wp
  • edited January 2016
    fantastic stuff, has to keep the moaning to a minimum for a while at least!

looking forward to you bringing this MTT rungood in to DTD games on Monday night ;)
  • edited January 2016
    I had the same issues as everyone else last night. Fortunately I'd only regged the main and a freeroll before I realised Sky was unplayable.
    No bother, got a text to go pub, so went.
    Worked out OK in the end as well. I'd just gone all in in the freeroll as I tend to do and quadrupled up. An hour later on way to pub I managed to get back on on my phone. I was in the money and made £8 :)

New teg time today. Just another £606 to pay. Marv.

Watching Roary the Racing Car right now. It's way better than Tractor Tom. Tractor Tom is really really bad.

Soft play later on. 

Things are pretty wild these days

• edited January 2016
    I had the same issues as everyone else last night. Fortunately I'd only regged the main and a freeroll before I realised Sky was unplayable. No bother, got a text to go pub, so went. Worked out OK in the end as well. I'd just gone all in in the freeroll as I tend to do and quadrupled up. An hour later on way to pub I managed to get back on on my phone. I was in the money and made £8 :) New teg time today. Just another £606 to pay. Marv. Watching Roary the Racing Car right now. It's way better than Tractor Tom. Tractor Tom is really really bad. Soft play later on.  Things are pretty wild these days
    Posted by Jac35
    I can still sing the theme tune to Roary.....
  • edited January 2016
    No good tonight.
    That's fair enough. Run really well last few times I've played. 
    Just bust the main for big pot in a standard flip.

Made a dreadful mess of UKPC sat. Got £31 for 11th but was terrible play by me to bust. Had about 6bigs but so did a few others. Shoved A10cc from button. Didn't need to play the hand.

Took a few heads here and there so it only ended up a -£20 night which is a bit of a result

Dentists today. Just an hour in the chair with not a huge amount of drilling. Go back in a couple of weeks to get the crown fitted. Marv GG £606
    Expensive time.of the year with £1200 golf fees dues soon as well.
    Soft play was scary. Harry went down the big slide. Loved it. His Dad less so. 
    Any all inclusive resorts that have a bit of culture? Ideas most welcome. Awkward spot. Taking Grandparents. Her Mum and Dad love the pool and obviously Harry does as well. My Mum hates the pool and would like to get out and see a few things. Bless her she didn't say anything last year at the time but it appears she didn't really enjoy the holiday.

Malta? Never been there but heard good things
  • edited January 2016
    No good tonight. That's fair enough. Run really well last few times I've played.  Just bust the main for big pot in a standard flip. Made a dreadful mess of UKPC sat. Got £31 for 11th but was terrible play by me to bust. Had about 6bigs but so did a few others. Shoved A10cc from button. Didn't need to play the hand. Took a few heads here and there so it only ended up a -£20 night which is a bit of a result ...... Dentists today. Just an hour in the chair with not a huge amount of drilling. Go back in a couple of weeks to get the crown fitted. Marv GG £606 ....... Expensive time.of the year with £1200 golf fees dues soon as well. ....... Soft play was scary. Harry went down the big slide. Loved it. His Dad less so.  ....... Any all inclusive resorts that have a bit of culture? Ideas most welcome. Awkward spot. Taking Grandparents. Her Mum and Dad love the pool and obviously Harry does as well. My Mum hates the pool and would like to get out and see a few things. Bless her she didn't say anything last year at the time but it appears she didn't really enjoy the holiday. Malta? Never been there but heard good things
    Posted by Jac35
       Malta, hmmm,. Never fancied it myself but went year before last(freebie), thoroughly enjoyed it. Only a tiny place, same size as Isle of Wight but with sun. Mum will like Valletta, and she can get out and about on the excellent bus service, costs about a quid to go anywhere.