You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ramblings of an old man

Comments

• edited February 2016
    The freerolls that sky are putting on are absolutely brilliant at the moment. Yep, you guessed right. i just won some money in one :)

But they are good. The promotions this month are totally inclusive. Everyone can get 5 points a day and have a chance to play for some proper money.

Anyone can win too. You only have to see the result from last night. Hendrik managed to snag a seat for the UKPC.

Tonights billy freeroll was great. Around the bubble the players on my table were all counting down the numbers and telling each other that they just had to fold to make £20. I thought that it was only right that i helped them out and raised each hand to stop them getting into trouble in limped pots.

Came 47th in the end for £80. Had a chiplead pot where the button shoved 15 bigs and i found KK in the sb. Against J5 i was looking good until he made trip 5s :)
    Just as that hand was dealt, Jdsallstar piped up with "gl Paul"
    Top bokking! Jimi would be proud of you

Not the worst feeling ever but a bit disappointing. No complaints though. i had a bit of luck earlier on when i won a decent pot when i put the tight bb in for 10 bigs with 78. Him turning over 88 didn't leave me in great shape. He'd made a mistake though and not calculated that 78 has a much better chance of making a straight.

Derby are still crapp
    Teeth are better
    Harry birthday was good. He wanted presents again today though. Think that might be the case every day for some time
    Leicester to win the league :)
    As no one reads this i can safely admit that i don't mind watching The Voice. Thought i'd hate Boy George but actually, he's ok. This is the only bit worth watching as it is actually about how good someone sings at the moment. Once the auditions end then so should the programme, or they could change the name of it.
    Not really had a proper go at getting into the UKPC up to now as i wasn't sure that i could make it. I can make it and a fair few friends have now qualified. Might see if i can get lucky and win a seat now.
  • edited February 2016
    A big +1 to the freerolls and recent promotions.

You played really well to finish 47th, enjoyed our little battles earlier on in that too.

Thoroughly enjoyed an evening of MTTS, now if only I could persuade my other half to let me play more of them.

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    The freerolls that sky are putting on are absolutely brilliant at the moment. Yep, you guessed right. i just won some money in one :) But they are good. The promotions this month are totally inclusive. Everyone can get 5 points a day and have a chance to play for some proper money. Anyone can win too. You only have to see the result from last night. Hendrik managed to snag a seat for the UKPC. Tonights billy freeroll was great. Around the bubble the players on my table were all counting down the numbers and telling each other that they just had to fold to make £20. I thought that it was only right that i helped them out and raised each hand to stop them getting into trouble in limped pots. Came 47th in the end for £80. Had a chiplead pot where the button shoved 15 bigs and i found KK in the sb. Against J5 i was looking good until he made trip 5s :) Just as that hand was dealt, Jdsallstar piped up with "gl Paul" Top bokking! Jimi would be proud of you Not the worst feeling ever but a bit disappointing. No complaints though. i had a bit of luck earlier on when i won a decent pot when i put the tight bb in for 10 bigs with 78. Him turning over 88 didn't leave me in great shape. He'd made a mistake though and not calculated that 78 has a much better chance of making a straight. ..... Derby are still crapp ..... Teeth are better ..... Harry birthday was good. He wanted presents again today though. Think that might be the case every day for some time ..... Leicester to win the league :) ..... As no one reads this i can safely admit that i don't mind watching The Voice. Thought i'd hate Boy George but actually, he's ok. This is the only bit worth watching as it is actually about how good someone sings at the moment. Once the auditions end then so should the programme, or they could change the name of it. ..... Not really had a proper go at getting into the UKPC up to now as i wasn't sure that i could make it. I can make it and a fair few friends have now qualified. Might see if i can get lucky and win a seat now.
    Posted by Jac35
    Too good, I count at least 4 rubz in one post, and there may well be more that have whooshed me :-))

• edited February 2016
    The freerolls that sky are putting on are absolutely brilliant at the moment. Yep, you guessed right. i just won some money in one :) But they are good. The promotions this month are totally inclusive. Everyone can get 5 points a day and have a chance to play for some proper money. Anyone can win too. You only have to see the result from last night. Hendrik managed to snag a seat for the UKPC. Tonights billy freeroll was great. Around the bubble the players on my table were all counting down the numbers and telling each other that they just had to fold to make £20. I thought that it was only right that i helped them out and raised each hand to stop them getting into trouble in limped pots. Came 47th in the end for £80. Had a chiplead pot where the button shoved 15 bigs and i found KK in the sb. Against J5 i was looking good until he made trip 5s :) Just as that hand was dealt, Jdsallstar piped up with "gl Paul" Top bokking! Jimi would be proud of you Not the worst feeling ever but a bit disappointing. No complaints though. i had a bit of luck earlier on when i won a decent pot when i put the tight bb in for 10 bigs with 78. Him turning over 88 didn't leave me in great shape. He'd made a mistake though and not calculated that 78 has a much better chance of making a straight. ..... Derby are still crapp ..... Teeth are better ..... Harry birthday was good. He wanted presents again today though. Think that might be the case every day for some time ..... Leicester to win the league :) ..... As no one reads this i can safely admit that i don't mind watching The Voice. Thought i'd hate Boy George but actually, he's ok. This is the only bit worth watching as it is actually about how good someone sings at the moment. Once the auditions end then so should the programme, or they could change the name of it. ..... Not really had a proper go at getting into the UKPC up to now as i wasn't sure that i could make it. I can make it and a fair few friends have now qualified. Might see if i can get lucky and win a seat now.
    Posted by Jac35
    You were absolutely right to apply pressure at the time, 100% right. To some guys though, getting a £20 min cash in this is one of their biggest ever cashes, & a big thrill.

Lovely job. 

What price will you give me that someone makes a complaint about Sky Poker Freerolls in the next week?

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : You were absolutely right to apply pressure at the time, 100% right. To some guys though, getting a £20 min cash in this is one of their biggest ever cashes, & a big thrill. Lovely job.  What price will you give me that someone makes a complaint about Sky Poker Freerolls in the next week?   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Most of my post was tongue in cheek rubs to some friends.

I maybe worded the bit about the the £20 badly. It really wasn't meant to come across as patronising. What I was trying to say was that it was lovely to be at a table where people were genuinely willing each other on to cash. One player on a big stack said he'd time down every hand to help them. Ok, maybe we shouldn't really be doing that but who cares.

When one of the players said it was his biggest ever win, I was really pleased for him.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Most of my post was tongue in cheek rubs to some friends. I maybe worded the bit about the the £20 badly. It really wasn't meant to come across as patronising. What I was trying to say was that it was lovely to be at a table where people were genuinely willing each other on to cash. One player on a big stack said he'd time down every hand to help them. Ok, maybe we shouldn't really be doing that but who cares. When one of the players said it was his biggest ever win, I was really pleased for him.
    Posted by Jac35
    No no, I got your meaning exactly & there was not a scintilla of criticism from me.

I just think it's wonderful that so many guys, many of them smallball players, got a shot at decent money tonight (£2k up top) & even a min cash was meaningful.
  • edited February 2016
    awesome !!!! 
    bigggest win when he prob struggled his butt off getting 50 poker points in 24 hours.

tikay odds on mate i nearly bit on that comment tbh
  • edited February 2016

Anyone know who won it?

I played it. Busted very first hand, to Sneddy.  
  • edited February 2016
    1GlennS79 - £2000
    solack came second
  • edited February 2016

^^^^

Thanks Micky.

WP Glenn, & good old Solly.

As a matter of interest, how were you able to find the result? If I can't find a result in Gary's Thread or SS (& this was on neither) that's me done.
  • edited February 2016
    ^^^^ Thanks Micky. WP Glenn, & good old Solly. As a matter of interest, how were you able to find the result? If I can't find a result in Gary's Thread or SS (& this was on neither) that's me done.
    Posted by Tikay10
    You can search back through the lobby of mtts that you've played in the 'my sky poker' tab
  • edited February 2016
    awesome !!!!  bigggest win when he prob struggled his butt off getting 50 poker points in 24 hours. tikay odds on mate i nearly bit on that comment tbh
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    Welcome to the thread Mickey
    Tbf I can quite be quite rude but it certainly wouldn't be aimed at smaller bankroll players. Sometimes I word things badly. Actually, I very regularly word things badly.

I save my intentional rudeness for 
    Tikay 
    Hhyftdr 
    Hendrik
    Cpfc 
    Samantha25 etc etc 

Worryingly, I've just realised that I could mention about another dozen that I'm rude about :)
  • edited February 2016

I'm truly honoured.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : You can search back through the lobby of mtts that you've played in the 'my sky poker' tab
    Posted by Jac35
    Ah, thanks, never knew that.

Does that work even if the player busts out first hand?
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Ah, thanks, never knew that.   Does that work even if the player busts out first hand?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yep
    The lobby will be there for all mtts and dyms that you've entered for a period of time
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Welcome to the thread Mickey Tbf I can quite be quite rude but it certainly wouldn't be aimed at smaller bankroll players. Sometimes I word things badly. Actually, I very regularly word things badly. I save my intentional rudeness for  Tikay  Hhyftdr  Hendrik Cpfc  Samantha25 etc etc  Worryingly, I've just realised that I could mention about another dozen that I'm rude about :)
    Posted by Jac35
    I was rather rude about the banter between team mates, friends etc a while ago in my little blog, I was wrong and take it back, I have come to realise that the history and friendship has grown over time and you are comfortable enough to be able to give and take rubz. I may even enter the banter bus myself sometime :)
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : I was rather rude about the banter between team mates, friends etc a while ago in my little blog, I was wrong and take it back, I have come to realise that the history and friendship has grown over time and you are comfortable enough to be able to give and take rubz. I may even enter the banter bus myself sometime :)
    Posted by tomgoodun
    My good man 
    You would be most welcome 
  • edited February 2016

I'm fare dodging on the banter bus.

• edited February 2016

Exactly what sort of bus is it? RT, RTL, RM?
  • edited February 2016
    Posted by Tikay10

On the buses theme I was knocked out of the freeroll by IH8UBUTLER...  

Also, It must have been one of the toughest fields of any tourney I've been in.

• edited February 2016
    Posted by Tikay10
    One with 4 wheels.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : You were absolutely right to apply pressure at the time, 100% right. To some guys though, getting a £20 min cash in this is one of their biggest ever cashes, & a big thrill. Lovely job.  What price will you give me that someone makes a complaint about Sky Poker Freerolls in the next week?   
    Posted by Tikay10
    You dodged a bullet there, Paul.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : You dodged a bullet there, Paul.
    Posted by Tikay10
    My advice
    Set up another account and tell them what you really think.
    While you're at it, make sure you sign up through an affiliate and also bag a seat in the slap in our faces freeroll

I'll be keeping an eye out for Concrete1940
  • edited February 2016
    sacked.thoughts,moyes?
  • edited February 2016
    thanks stoke, moyes, gave me a good laugh anyway.

I am sure that Jac will be pleased that promotion is not a priority though.

• edited February 2016
    I think it was the right decision.
    We have been far poorer this season than under McClaren. Fortunately we're still in a decent enough position to still go up. 
    So many things have been wrong over the last 12 months when really we should (and still can be ) be in a great position.
    The club have spent a lot of money and we're not as as good as the team that lost at Wembley.

Shackell has been a great signing but the others, hmmm

Weimman - dreadful ever since he arrived
    Johnson - started ok but simply awful for a long time now
    Ince - hopeless
    Blackmann - certainly doesn't look to be any improvement on what we already have
    Camara - not seen enough of him
    Butterfield - has done ok but not a patch on Hughes 
    Baird - abysmal 
    Pearce - not played a league game for us 

22 million worth of players there.
    Some of those, for example Johnson, have a bit of pedigree, so may still turn out to be ok.

Are these players simply not good enough? Or was it down to the manager?

It's certainly not helped what has gone on behind the scenes.
    Obviously it's great that we now have a mega rich chairman. Not so great in my opinion is that he likes the limelight. When a player is signed I prefer to see the photo of the manager shaking hands with him, not the chairman. Going into the dressing room to bollockk players after a defeat isn't exactly great either.
    It's also a big doubt that the manager actually signed any of the players. We now have this ridiculous transfer committee and it's hard to blame a manager who doesn't pick his own players.

Bit of a mess
  • edited February 2016
    I still think we are well capable of attracting a big name. A decent squad a big fan base, we get 30000 most weeks. Great facilities. 
    Another odd move to say that Wassall will be in charge until the end of the season. I doubt that we aren't looking right now for a new man.

We're still well in the mix for promotion this season
    Moyes?
    Why not? He had a bad time at Man Utd but that was going to be tough for any manager following Ferguson. He did a great job at Everton. 

Rodgers would be my choice.

Normally I wouldn't care who came in as long as they were successful. However, I really don't want Pearson. I think he's hideous.
  • edited February 2016
    The lol at Moyes was aimed at Derby not Moyes.

Maybe you have lined up Pellegrini for the summer, hence the appointment of your academy coach to the end of the season?

Billy Davies?
  • edited February 2016
    The lol at Moyes was aimed at Derby not Moyes. Maybe you have lined up Pellegrini for the summer, hence the appointment of your academy coach to the end of the season? Billy Davies?
    Posted by Phantom66
    Oh I see

Wp
  • edited February 2016
    Why do people write 'literally' and nearly always wrongly when trying to emphasise a point?
    "Vardy has literally been on fire this season"

Why does bacon always smell like the best food ever when you walk past a cafe?

Why do chips taste way better when eaten open?

Who is your favourite ever player for your team?

True of false
    My father in law has goaled twice at the Shrovetide football match at Ashbourne

Why does Harry drop the only toy I've ever let him take in the car that's big enough to put a ding in the door?

Why was there always a kid at school who called an own goal, a home goal?