You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ramblings of an old man

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Also popeye village is great and ur wee boy would enjoy it. Also gozo is a must see its the island next door its beautiful.

Valleta is lovely but very hot. 

The only downside is there is not many beaches as its more a rocky shoreline.
  • edited January 2016
    Thanks chaps.
    Malta looks like being the one.

I get text and email alerts
    You're only 313 points away from the next level

Hi Paul,

You've earnt 187 this week and are on STEEL. 

You only need 313 points to move up to the next level and get some incredible rewards!

Exclamation mark definitely required Tikay when you consider that I could move up to 10% rakeback for the week :)

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    Thanks chaps. Malta looks like being the one. ..... I get text and email alerts You're only 313 points away from the next level Hi Paul, You've earnt 187 this week and are on STEEL.  You only need 313 points to move up to the next level and get some incredible rewards! ...... Exclamation mark definitely required Tikay when you consider that I could move up to 10% rakeback for the week :)
    Posted by Jac35
    Is that a brag post?

Technically if you are on 187 points, you already have /> 10% rakeback as the reward is £2.30.

It's only as you move from 230 points to 499 that the reward jump at 500 can be considered incredible!
  • edited January 2016
    Thanks chaps. Malta looks like being the one. ..... I get text and email alerts You're only 313 points away from the next level Hi Paul, You've earnt 187 this week and are on STEEL.  You only need 313 points to move up to the next level and get some incredible rewards! ...... Exclamation mark definitely required Tikay when you consider that I could move up to 10% rakeback for the week :)
    Posted by Jac35
    Somewhat spookily, I got the same e-Mail, & I only needed another 108 points to make "Steel". So I made the 108, & a few besides, & can now be considered a man of Steel. 

Might get another today telling me I can be bronze, or silver, or whatever. 

I only speed-read those e-Mails from Sky Poker, as they are invariably littered with un-necessary exclamation marks. They never have less than 3.

SB&G are exclamation mark obsessed. There is an internal e-Mail distribution list for all sorts of Company matters, & they all suffer from the same problem. It's SO bad, & SO wrong, I can only assume it is some sort of Company policy. Or maybe I'm just wrong......

I wrote a blog once, sent it up to be uploaded, & then saw that they had added 7 exclamation marks - worse than that, they had added one to the title. An exclamation mark in the title? Gordon Bennett. There's no clearer sign of a poor writer than an exclamation mark in the title. It's what I expect to see in The Sun, Jackie, or 16.

Well written stuff does not need exclamation marks.  

* rant concludes*   

• edited January 2016

Guess I'd best add, those views are my personal views. They sure ain't reflective of The Business's rules.....
  • edited January 2016
    Guess I'd best add, those views are my personal views. They sure ain't reflective of The Business's rules.....
    Posted by Tikay10
    Indeed!
  • edited January 2016
  • edited January 2016
    In shock news, I won at dyms last night. Only played 9 but booked a little £30 profit.
    Interesting one for me next week. I only need another 1900 points for priority and so to play a few dyms to get their seems obvious.
    Dyms are what I'd normally consider to be my best game. 
    However, I'm £200 down at dyms this month and well up at mtts.

I'm pretty sure that having got so close to priority and double points again next week, that I'll play the dyms. There's a very decent argument for just playing mtts though when I do get chance to play.
  • edited January 2016

^^^^^

Spam Alert

Don't forget, next week is "Double Points on SNG's" week, as well as doubled MTT Guarantees, & Double points on cash.
  • edited January 2016
    Had something awkward happen in a Dym earlier this month.
    We're on the bubble and there's a guy who's  away. He's on approx 2k and I'm the short stack on around 1.3k. Blinds are up to 150/300.
    There's a reg to my left sitting on a big stack and another play who I don't know.
    Frustratingly, Random guy, as is his right, continues to play and shoves on me.

I can see what's going to happen. I'm going to lose a game on the bubble with a guy sitting out.
    Then next hand it folds to me. I'm deliberating on whether to shove when regs pipes up.
    "Raise, I fold"

I'm sure he would have folded as well. I now decide that I need to pass.

What would you do?
  • edited January 2016

Horrible spot, I wish folks would not say that sort of thing. The coup is obvious, but it should NEVER be written or spoken.

If you had planned to shove, you can shove with a clear conscience.

• edited January 2016
    I'd forgotten how brutal mtts can be :)
    No cashes and the buy ins quickly add up.

Decided to play some dyms as there were some absolute stars regged in a few games. So obviously I lost my first 6 games at £22s and £11s :)

Only £4 down in the end at them. Last game was a £33 and a bit of a sweat. £200 down for the night or £140 overall. £140 just seems a lot lot better. Managed to sneak through.

Fortunately got very lucky actually. I only won 13/30 games but I won the right ones.
    Closed in a bit on priority as well.
    8733 points now
  • edited January 2016
    So...what you thinking about tomorrow night then?  All the recent stats point towards a Burnley win but if only football was that simple.
  • edited January 2016
    So...what you thinking about tomorrow night then?  All the recent stats point towards a Burnley win but if only football was that simple.
    Posted by bromley04
    I think you will batter us.

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : I think you will batter us.
    Posted by Jac35
    A month or so ago I would have thought no chance but we're on top form atm.  Still should be a cracker...hopefully Martin get's sent off early doors again.
  • edited January 2016
    Think I've used my rungood up :)
    Some fun run outs tonight. Played quite a few £33s and didn't quite get the results I was looking for.
    Balance now at £3003.55, so still a good month.

Enough of that. 
    Had a fantastic day today.
    Went for a really nice meal at dinner. Then, as I've never seen Harry as excited as when we went to soft play last week, I thought we'd go again.
    We took my nephew as well to look after him. He's 5 and takes this responsibility very seriously. Harry did the big slide again and was pretty fearless.

This is all very boring I know, but to me it's the best thing ever. Being a Dad is becoming more fun everyday.

Then I won at ping pong. Really enjoying it but as soon as the weather gets a bit better, I'll bin it and get back out on the golf course.

Big games this week. 
    Bloody Burnley who always beat us and then Man United in the cup of Friday night.

Will get some poker in along the way. Need just under a 1000 for priority now.

• edited January 2016
  • edited January 2016
    Think I've used my rungood up :) Some fun run outs tonight. Played quite a few £33s and didn't quite get the results I was looking for. Balance now at £3003.55, so still a good month. .... Enough of that.  Had a fantastic day today. Went for a really nice meal at dinner. Then, as I've never seen Harry as excited as when we went to soft play last week, I thought we'd go again. We took my nephew as well to look after him. He's 5 and takes this responsibility very seriously. Harry did the big slide again and was pretty fearless. This is all very boring I know, but to me it's the best thing ever. Being a Dad is becoming more fun everyday. Then I won at ping pong. Really enjoying it but as soon as the weather gets a bit better, I'll bin it and get back out on the golf course. Big games this week.  Bloody Burnley who always beat us and then Man United in the cup of Friday night. Will get some poker in along the way. Need just under a 1000 for priority now.
    Posted by Jac35
    So right, twice in the same post, good call.
  • edited January 2016
    He's one of our own, he's one of our owwwwwwwn, Jason Shackell, he's one of our own :)

ul gg etc etc
  • edited January 2016
    "Who put the ball in the Derby net ... Who put the ball in the Derby net ... Who put the ball in the Derby net ... SUPER JASON SHACKELL"
  • edited January 2016
    Never liked either of you
  • edited January 2016
    Someone on Sky posted this elsewhere earlier. I hate to admit it but it's very good.
    I'm sure he won't mind me sharing it.

sounds like a very Gray night mate, good idea to inVoke our support though, maybe you shouldnt stay Shackled to these dym's? variety is the Key-oh

I nearly had a cracking one about Dyms  "only needing to beat Arf-the-field. it just seemed like too much of a longshot.

• edited January 2016
    A quick look at my goals to see how I'm doing after a month.

Be a good Dad - Well I'm up at 7.27 watching Peppa Pig
    Be happy - Trying :)
    Post less - Achieved
    Positive posting - 95%. Had a little slip up 
    Golf - No golf
    Fitter/healthier - fail so far
    95% Dyms - Pretty much this month but am going to play mtts in February 
    Watch Derby in Premier League - looking less likely than me winning a flip v Timmy
    10k year - on target
    It's been a good month. Balance £2928 from opening £1500. £75 to come tomorrow plus the extra 10% for priority. 
    Needed a few more points last night to secure an additional $180 bonus. Just needed to win last game for a small profit on night.  I had 3k and there were two stacks on 1k. A series of unfortunate events saw me have to hold v Timmy. He had 74. I had K9 and flopped the 9. Lost that one :)

Turned Tv on this morning and Raa Raa the noisy Lion was on. Can't get away from him :)

Ended up playing a few more games and saw Bates in a couple. That's a first.

Looking to play a bit less in February. 
    Harry's 2nd birthday on Saturday.
    Had a bit of toothache last few days and so will be happy when I can get rid of temporary crown this week and get the real one put in.

• edited January 2016
    Hi Paul.
    The being a good dad statement warms the cockles of my heart , best feeling ever. I remember when I used to take my kids to the park and the sheer joy at seeing them smile cannot be beaten.
    Good luck on the poker front,was good to share a table with you in the bounty hunter the other night, wonder what your notes on me read :)
  • edited January 2016
    A quick look at my goals to see how I'm doing after a month. Be a good Dad - Well I'm up at 7.27 watching Peppa Pig Be happy - Trying :) Post less - Achieved Positive posting - 95%. Had a little slip up  Golf - No golf Fitter/healthier - fail so far 95% Dyms - Pretty much this month but am going to play mtts in February  Watch Derby in Premier League - looking less likely than me winning a flip v Timmy 10k year - on target ..... It's been a good month. Balance £2928 from opening £1500. £75 to come tomorrow plus the extra 10% for priority.  Needed a few more points last night to secure an additional $180 bonus. Just needed to win last game for a small profit on night.  I had 3k and there were two stacks on 1k. A series of unfortunate events saw me have to hold v Timmy. He had 74. I had K9 and flopped the 9. Lost that one :) Turned Tv on this morning and Raa Raa the noisy Lion was on. Can't get away from him :) Ended up playing a few more games and saw Bates in a couple. That's a first. .... Looking to play a bit less in February.  Harry's 2nd birthday on Saturday. Had a bit of toothache last few days and so will be happy when I can get rid of temporary crown this week and get the real one put in.
    Posted by Jac35
    Needed a few points to make priority (which I have now done!) so played a few DYMs to get me over the line.

Not sure if I will grind a few each month to make priority but I was close so seemed a sensible option.
  • edited February 2016
    Match was awful last night. Zero shots on target all game. I was frustrated when they were booed off at half time but I was half tempted to boo myself at the final whistle.
    After spending £25 million, we're weaker than we were 2 years ago.

Shackell has been the only real improvement (sod off Bromley, his first ever bad game for us). Butterfield has been ok but isn't a patch on Will Hughes. We miss him badly.

So I had to ensure that pile of poo last night when I could have been playing the priority freeroll. Was slightly frustrating that the first I heard of the freeroll was yesterday. I think it's fantastic the amount of freerolls for priority players this month. Just give us a little bit more notice please.
    Teg update. Toothache has eased a bit. Couldn't post over last couple of days or I may well have broken my vow. Have been a little grumpy you'll be shocked to hear.
    After saying to Phamton that if you're ready to leave a cash game, then just do it, I've been caught 2 nights consecutively. Terms and conditions applied in my no cash promise. Promotions are ok. I've made the required points both nights. Monday night in my last hand I flopped a set against a flopped straight. GG £45
    Last night I flopped a full house with 88 on Q88. Most of the money had already gone in by the time the river Q gave my opponent quads. GG £20

In staggering news I've won at dyms and so am a little up so far for the month.

Don't want to play a lot this month but hoping to get a mtt night in tomorrow.
    Off to buy balloons for a 2 year olds birthday party on Friday :)
  • edited February 2016
    Match was awful last night. Zero shots on target all game. I was frustrated when they were booed off at half time but I was half tempted to boo myself at the final whistle. After spending £25 million, we're weaker than we were 2 years ago. Shackell has been the only real improvement (sod off Bromley, his first ever bad game for us). Butterfield has been ok but isn't a patch on Will Hughes. We miss him badly. So I had to ensure that pile of poo last night when I could have been playing the priority freeroll. Was slightly frustrating that the first I heard of the freeroll was yesterday. I think it's fantastic the amount of freerolls for priority players this month. Just give us a little bit more notice please. ..... Teg update. Toothache has eased a bit. Couldn't post over last couple of days or I may well have broken my vow. Have been a little grumpy you'll be shocked to hear. ..... After saying to Phamton that if you're ready to leave a cash game, then just do it, I've been caught 2 nights consecutively. Terms and conditions applied in my no cash promise. Promotions are ok. I've made the required points both nights. Monday night in my last hand I flopped a set against a flopped straight. GG £45 Last night I flopped a full house with 88 on Q88. Most of the money had already gone in by the time the river Q gave my opponent quads. GG £20 In staggering news I've won at dyms and so am a little up so far for the month. Don't want to play a lot this month but hoping to get a mtt night in tomorrow. .... Off to buy balloons for a 2 year olds birthday party on Friday :)
    Posted by Jac35
    I was right in my grumpy prediction.

Did you mean "endure" or are you a Derby Jonah?

You didn't advise me to stand when ready you just said usually goes the other way when you click sit out on BB and play a last UTG hand. Surely better long term for EV to play a full round of hands for the price of your blinds?

I was going to ask how Lindegaard played on debut, but seems your boys didn't give him the chance to prove anything.

Have a great party - are you baking a cake?
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : I was right in my grumpy prediction. Did you mean "endure" or are you a Derby Jonah? You didn't advise me to stand when ready you just said usually goes the other way when you click sit out on BB and play a last UTG hand. Surely better long term for EV to play a full round of hands for the price of your blinds? I was going to ask how Lindegaard played on debut, but seems your boys didn't give him the chance to prove anything. Have a great party - are you baking a cake?
    Posted by Phantom66
    He was shaky at first with his kicking but soon sorted that out. He launches it miles!
    Dealt with everything in the air very easily
  • edited February 2016

Oi old man you're too young to play in a seniors event
  • edited February 2016
    Match was awful last night. Zero shots on target all game. I was frustrated when they were booed off at half time but I was half tempted to boo myself at the final whistle. After spending £25 million, we're weaker than we were 2 years ago. Shackell has been the only real improvement (sod off Bromley, his first ever bad game for us). Butterfield has been ok but isn't a patch on Will Hughes. We miss him badly. So I had to ensure that pile of poo last night when I could have been playing the priority freeroll. Was slightly frustrating that the first I heard of the freeroll was yesterday. I think it's fantastic the amount of freerolls for priority players this month. Just give us a little bit more notice please. ..... Teg update. Toothache has eased a bit. Couldn't post over last couple of days or I may well have broken my vow. Have been a little grumpy you'll be shocked to hear. ..... After saying to Phamton that if you're ready to leave a cash game, then just do it, I've been caught 2 nights consecutively. Terms and conditions applied in my no cash promise. Promotions are ok. I've made the required points both nights. Monday night in my last hand I flopped a set against a flopped straight. GG £45 Last night I flopped a full house with 88 on Q88. Most of the money had already gone in by the time the river Q gave my opponent quads. GG £20 In staggering news I've won at dyms and so am a little up so far for the month. Don't want to play a lot this month but hoping to get a mtt night in tomorrow. .... Off to buy balloons for a 2 year olds birthday party on Friday :)
    Posted by Jac35
    Does top set beat broadway?