You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ramblings of an old man

Comments

• edited February 2016

See, if you had offered my suggestion, that might just have tipped the balance.  
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    20/02/2016. BRENTFORD 1 DERBY 3
    Posted by rainman397
    Had to fix your post again. You were right about it being a 3-1 in fairness
    Mighty Rams

Btw
    Anyone know how to get crayon off a wall, short of redecorating? :)
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Had to fix your post again. You were right about it being a 3-1 in fairness Mighty Rams ..... Btw Anyone know how to get crayon off a wall, short of redecorating? :)
    Posted by Jac35
    Ah the joys of parenthood! Get yourself a magic eraser (3.99 from Boots), ours was used a LOT when my kids were toddlers!

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Ah the joys of parenthood! Get yourself a magic eraser (3.99 from Boots), ours was used a LOT when my kids were toddlers!
    Posted by waller02
    Nothing to do with Harry. It was the wife
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Nothing to do with Harry. It was the wife
    Posted by Jac35
    :)

The eraser should get it off anyway. It's a must buy when you have young kids or a clumsy other half. 
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : :) The eraser should get it off anyway. It's a must buy when you have young kids or a clumsy other half. 
    Posted by waller02
    Cheers Rik
    Will give it a try
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Cheers Rik Will give it a try
    Posted by Jac35
    his name is Ryan or is it Rik i spose he gets pi$$ed off being called Rik which is oynutter but then again i bet waller03 gets pi$$ed off with me when i call him Ry or is it Rik,im confused..he,s probably named dave :)
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : his name is Ryan or is it Rik i spose he gets pi$$ed off being called Rik which is oynutter but then again i bet waller03 gets pi$$ed off with me when i call him Ry or is it Rik,im confused..he,s probably named dave :)
    Posted by stokefc
    I don't called Waller 'Rik', but what I do call him rhymes with it.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : I don't called Waller 'Rik', but what I do call him rhymes with it.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    we talking about mick?
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : his name is Ryan or is it Rik i spose he gets pi$$ed off being called Rik which is oynutter but then again i bet waller03 gets pi$$ed off with me when i call him Ry or is it Rik,im confused..he,s probably named dave :)
    Posted by stokefc
    I get called Rik because of the "pop legend" Rik Waller. As well as having the same surname, I can also sing like an angel and share his love of good food.

I class Rik as my brother from another mother.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : I get called Rik because of the "pop legend" Rik Waller. As well as having the same surname, I can also sing like an angel and share his love of good food. I class Rik as my brother from another mother.
    Posted by waller02
    i never knew that also ive never heard of rik waller what band is he in i may of heard of them?
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : i never knew that also ive never heard of rik waller what band is he in i may of heard of them?
    Posted by stokefc

Hang your head in shame mate. Rik Waller is arguably the finest musician of our generation!
  • edited February 2016
    Well that was a nice weekend

On Saturday, Derby went back to being mighty. I also single tabled my way to £10 in the freeROLL. Not bad for an hours work.

Sunday, Dinner at my Mums with my sisters family. We don't do it very often these days. Not because we're all terribly busy. In truth the reason is my Mum is an atrocious cook. Don't get me wrong, I believe her to be the best Mum in the world but cooking wise, I would estimate they she's in the bottom 5%. As ever she did loads of food, which makes it a lot more difficult. We somehow got through a respectable amount of the stodge she served up. It was proper hard work though.

After we left, Harry pleaded for a bit of fresh air to clear his head and I was left home alone. For a rare occasion I played some poker in the afternoon. Won a bit at dyms and then played a £20bh horribly and soon bust. I then threw my morals to one side and played the roller sat for cash. Sneaked through and so £98 up for a couple of hours work was decent.

I've had the horrible winter cold that everyone seems to have and have now reached the coughing stage. Yesterday I felt like I'd been punched in the chest repeatedly I was so sore. Decided on an early night after putting Harry to bed. At 6.30!. Thought I'd see if I could sleep through until work this morning. Obv no chance of that and I'd wake up at about Midnight with no chance of dropping back off. Actually, I didn't. For once I fell almost normal this morning. Sleep is definitely underrated.

Managed to get Friday off work this week and so raring to go for UKPC weekend. Thoughts at the minute are that I'll just drink lots, but you never know, I may end up playing some poker.

Bit nervous actually. I only have one real life friend and he's been ill all year. Never drink at home and so I've only had a drink twice all year. I'm sure I'll be fine on Friday night ;)
  • edited February 2016
    Manchester United are a cruel club.
    For one, they have inflicted some really dire football on us this year.
    They are also incredibly cruel to their own players. Jesse Lingarde doesn't look to be the brightest in the first place and so I can just about forgive him. There is surely somebody at Old Trafford though who must be intelligent? And yet no one has told him that his goal celebration makes him look like a total titt.
    It may not be a big issue, but to use poker terms, his celebration puts me on monster tilt.

Best celebrations?
    Can't think of many regular ones right now.

As one offs I thought Giggs v Arsenal in the Fa Cup takes some beating.
    Bit different but I also loved Suarez celebration in the World Cup when the penalty was missed after he'd been sent off. Never understood the amount of grief he got for that. Did the right thing and it worked out when they didn't score the pen.

No poker last night 
    Table tennis was tough. Came back strong at the end to still be giving my mate a 4 point handicap. I'll be furious if he gets better than me. He kills me at golf already and it's nice to be better than him at something.

Watched a sat elsewhere last night for UKPC. Very tempted to have a go.
    Very likely to play the £550 8 max side event of I don't get in the main. It's way above my skill level but would be a great experience.
  • edited February 2016
    Manchester United are a cruel club. For one, they have inflicted some really dire football on us this year. They are also incredibly cruel to their own players. Jesse Lingarde doesn't look to be the brightest in the first place and so I can just about forgive him. There is surely somebody at Old Trafford though who must be intelligent? And yet no one has told him that his goal celebration makes him look like a total titt. It may not be a big issue, but to use poker terms, his celebration puts me on monster tilt. Best celebrations? Can't think of many regular ones right now. As one offs I thought Giggs v Arsenal in the Fa Cup takes some beating. Bit different but I also loved Suarez celebration in the World Cup when the penalty was missed after he'd been sent off. Never understood the amount of grief he got for that. Did the right thing and it worked out when they didn't score the pen. ... No poker last night  Table tennis was tough. Came back strong at the end to still be giving my mate a 4 point handicap. I'll be furious if he gets better than me. He kills me at golf already and it's nice to be better than him at something. Watched a sat elsewhere last night for UKPC. Very tempted to have a go. Very likely to play the £550 8 max side event of I don't get in the main. It's way above my skill level but would be a great experience.
    Posted by Jac35

Try being a villa fan mate!
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Try being a villa fan mate!
    Posted by Itsover4u
    However bad you think villa are now at least they won't be "doing a derby"
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : However bad you think villa are now at least they won't be "doing a derby"
    Posted by Phantom66
    Oh I think you're probs right about that. We'll def stay up now after the win on Saturday
  • edited February 2016
    Best goal celebrations I remember were Robbie Fowlers one which got him banned and Jimmy Bullards "team talk"
  • edited February 2016
    Just googled "Derby goal celebrations".............no answers.
    Google's rubbish
  • edited February 2016
    Just googled "Derby goal celebrations".............no answers. Google's rubbish
    Posted by VespaPX
    YouTube is ok though. Think I count 3
  • edited February 2016
    Gazzas dentist chair got to be up there.
  • edited February 2016
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Stans goal :-))))
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Legend
  • edited February 2016
    Agreed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9guiLTciHk
    Posted by VespaPX
    Fail!
    No Derby celebration there. I thought that one might be coming :)
    It did take me a while to find the Derby win.

Just thought I should point out that I neither work for YouTube or expect any payment for clicking on my link
  • edited February 2016
    Lol lol i love a good banner
  • edited February 2016
    still laughing, great snap delete ;-)
  • edited February 2016
    Adebayor vs Arsenal. He then stamped on RVP later on in the same game.

Deserves a knighthood.
  • edited February 2016
    Name that goal celebration

bonus points if guessed before the picture is moderated -  so no rush to enter.

• edited February 2016
    reggie millar doing the dance round the corner flag :)