You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ramblings of an old man

Comments

• edited March 2016
    Played golf yesterday, badly
    Played table tennis yesterday, well
    Played ten little buses on the iPad for Harry yesterday, lots.

Harry Rednapp probably coming to Derby. Think we're also looking to bring in SpongeBob to assist as well. At least we're not a laughing stock.
    Derby v Forest on Saturday. The atmosphere will be ugly if we don't win.

Going car shopping today for Mrs J.
    Cars are pretty awkward for her. Normal size are difficult to get in to. Her present car a Qashqai has become a bit too high.

Options?
    Thinking cars like Audi Q3, Golf plus, B class,  Skoda Yeti might work.
    Any other ideas?

Want to start playing live again more. Really enjoyed the other night and the standard isn't great which gives me a fighting chance.

Got the crayon off the wall. When you think about it, it's obvious 
    Mayonnaise!
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    Played golf yesterday, badly Played table tennis yesterday, well Played ten little buses on the iPad for Harry yesterday, lots. Harry Rednapp probably coming to Derby. Think we're also looking to bring in SpongeBob to assist as well. At least we're not a laughing stock. Derby v Forest on Saturday. The atmosphere will be ugly if we don't win. Going car shopping today for Mrs J. Cars are pretty awkward for her. Normal size are difficult to get in to. Her present car a Qashqai has become a bit too high. Options? Thinking cars like Audi Q3, Golf plus, B class,  Skoda Yeti might work. Any other ideas? Want to start playing live again more. Really enjoyed the other night and the standard isn't great which gives me a fighting chance. Got the crayon off the wall. When you think about it, it's obvious  Mayonnaise!
    Posted by Jac35

Thats the one I had when I visited you last, I liked it to drive and my mum could get in and out without any issues.
  • edited March 2016
    The Skoda Yeti is good value and my aunt has one for similar reasons to those you note.  It does mean driving a Skoda though, on the basis that anyone over 30 may struggle to buy in to the bad given the stigma from their first era on the UK roads :)

It's very kind that another owner has done everything possible to make Derby seem anything but a laughing stock as they head in to the weekend's game.  Will be good to just keep things respectable and avoid having another 5-0 (or worse) to add to what continues to become an even bigger laughing stock :(

WP on the live bink!
  • edited March 2016
    The Skoda Yeti is good value and my aunt has one for similar reasons to those you note.  It does mean driving a Skoda though, on the basis that anyone over 30 may struggle to buy in to the bad given the stigma from their first era on the UK roads :) It's very kind that another owner has done everything possible to make Derby seem anything but a laughing stock as they head in to the weekend's game.  Will be good to just keep things respectable and avoid having another 5-0 (or worse) to add to what continues to become an even bigger laughing stock :( WP on the live bink!
    Posted by shakinaces
    I've got a Fabia, great little car.
  • edited March 2016
    What's going on?

I get confused easily these days but...

Harry Rednapp? Jordan?

Surely we look big enough titts as it is?
  • edited March 2016
    I assume the banks of Derby are on high alert at people trying to open new accounts in their dogs name.
  • edited March 2016
    Any gamers out there?
    Anyone heard of EGX Rezzed?

My nephew started at senior school in September and is having a bit of a tough time. He's very quiet but really into his PS3. I had a look to see if there are any gaming conventions as I thought he might like it and found this one.

It's in April at Tobacco Dock. To be honest I've never heard of that either.

Decent day out for a 12 year old who's into his consoles?
  • edited March 2016
  • edited March 2016
  • edited March 2016
    Posted by mumsie
    Got tickets
  • edited March 2016
    Well we won but it was a pretty grim match for the fans let alone the neutrals.
    £4 million worth of January signings not even in the squad yesterday. Another £4 million signing on the bench. It was also reported that a £6.75 million signing did actually play, although I was unaware of this.

Still hanging around for top 6. Guess we're just going to wait until the final game to drop out of the play off places again.

I get the poker thing all wrong. When it's going badly i tend  to play more and subsequently lose more.
    Happily, this year has gone really well but I'm a little annoyed with myself that I haven't put in much volume. Did play 10 dyms last night and won £56 so that was good.

I guess I see poker as a means to an end. It hopefully gives me some extra money to do the things I want. Once I've won a certain amount each month I ease off.
    It's one of the many reasons why I admire Timmy, Dtm, Wacko etc
    No matter how big a bink they have, they're straight back to it the next day.

Pass out for golf this afternoon after some pretty intense negotiations. Ping pong coming to an end for a few months.
    Monday nights are going to be golf nights. Sadly this means that I won't be able to play Dtd.
    Finished House of Cards Series 4 last night (I won't call them seasons)
    Started on the Uk version. I was too young for it when it first came round.
    Might play a bit tonight.
    Gl everyone playing
  • edited March 2016
    Season/series 4 of house of cards was really good I thought after 3 being a bit disappointing. Amazing how I find myself rooting for the two of them despite how evil they are lol

• edited March 2016
    Any gamers out there? Anyone heard of EGX Rezzed? My nephew started at senior school in September and is having a bit of a tough time. He's very quiet but really into his PS3. I had a look to see if there are any gaming conventions as I thought he might like it and found this one. It's in April at Tobacco Dock. To be honest I've never heard of that either. Decent day out for a 12 year old who's into his consoles?
    Posted by Jac35

I asked Evan about this convention and he said 

''shut uuuup''
    ''blessed''
    ''can we go too?''
    My guess is that means its good.
  • edited March 2016
    Was a bit tired this morning
    Alarm went off and could I work out how to turn the buggger off? Could I balls
    Whacked every button and still Florence kept singing.
    Took a full 5 minutes to realise that I've never used the clock in the bedroom as an alarm and it was my mobile next to it that I needed to turn off.

Played some golf yesterday afternoon
    3 over for 14 holes before it got too dark.
    Better
  • edited March 2016
    Played a bit last night. Morale was low early on.
    Got nowhere in a roller sat.

Bubbled a Vegas sat with QQ v 77 for IrishRose. Runner runner gave her the flush. Hard to get too upset when it's Rose though.

Got it in 4way pre with Aces in the £33bh against 77 88 and AQ and got rivered for 3 heads and a monster pot.

It got better then.
    Won a couple of Dyms and then came 2nd in the 9.30bh,
    Ran really well in a pretty high variance last couple of tables. One players standard open seemed to be 39x.
    Had a nice chip lead going into heads up but unsurprisingly I was the totally outplayed by Wi03.

Was nice though to turn around a likely -£110 night into a +£140 one
    Pleased that I've turned dyms round a bit. A couple of weeks into the year I was £600 down at them. Without a great deal of volume I'm now about £200 up for the year and so heading the right way.
    I have run pretty well over the last couple of months and hopefully that'll continue.
  • edited March 2016
    Killjoy me, but got to say I'm surprised that we still have no chatbox filters in place 
    I've seen what's considered the very worst word written plenty of time recently in the chatbox
  • edited March 2016
    Killjoy me, but got to say I'm surprised that we still have no chatbox filters in place  I've seen what's considered the very worst word written plenty of time recently in the chatbox
    Posted by Jac35
    I'm also very disappointed by this, Paul, & I'll mention it to The Suits again.

It's completely off-message to allow this sort of thing to continue unfettered, & is not something Sky Poker can be proud of.

Of course, it's easy for me to say that in my nice comfy Team Moan armchair, but there are always "complications" to solving these silly little glitches, or it seems that way to me.

• edited March 2016
    Killjoy me, but got to say I'm surprised that we still have no chatbox filters in place  I've seen what's considered the very worst word written plenty of time recently in the chatbox
    Posted by Jac35
    ffs, do you always have to be a party p00per?

It is quite amusing that very bland inoffensive words like p00per have to be adjusted to make it through the forum filter, but go on a table and its chatbox open season.
  • edited March 2016
    Maybe I'm just old and things are different now 

Just been in a shop and after being served I was just sorting my change out.
    Lady behind me gets served 
    Shopkeeper "Morning, how are you?"
    Lady - silence, just shoves some money in his hand.
    Shopkeeper "There's your change, have a good day"
    Lady - silence , just snatches the money out of his hand and walks out the shop.

Me to shopkeeper "I think I'd like to smash her face in"
    Shopkeeper "I'm used to it"

Really good day yesterday. Had the boy to myself all afternoon. We went to Markeaton Park. He loved it. Came back without injuries which was good for my health. 
    Was going to play poker at night. Too knackered, didn't mind one bit.
    Harry woke up at 1am. 
    "Do you want some milk son?"
    "Just cuddle"
    Straight back to sleep 5 minutes later.

I like being a Dad

• edited March 2016
    Sigh 
    I had a very poor night last night. I bombarded some friends with hand histories and whines. First real night of the year where I've lost discipline 
    I ran badly at times  but that's going to happen. It happens to everyone. But tilt took over and an OK losing night became a big losing night. Entering the £55 speed for example was just silly. Getting my whole stack in 3way with a weak top pair and a gutshot was just terrible.
    Disappointed with myself for a couple of reasons.
    Moaning about bad beats is never going to endear you to people. There's nothing worse than a bad loser
    Chasing losses and playing higher when playing badly and running badly is just stupid.

I'm annoyed as that's the first time all year where I've lost a bit of control. 

However

I've woken up this morning and I'm fine about it all now. A bit of perspective needed. I've had a really good year so far and so a bad night was due. I'm up just over 3k for the year even after last night.
    Things are good. Off to sort Penny car out this morning and golf  this afternoon.

So in conclusion 
    Life  is good and I need to stop being a knob about things that don't matter.
    Oh, and I least I didn't moan about losing with aces on the forum and look even worse ;)

Have a good day all :)

• edited March 2016

WHAT CAN YOU DO?
  • edited March 2016
    WHAT CAN YOU DO?
    Posted by Tikay10
    :)

Apologise quickly
    I've done that this morning
  • edited March 2016

Rather sadly, "WHAT CAN YOU DO?" has disappeared.

Shame, it was a fun thread. I've asked Upstairs, but we can't seem to establish who removed it.

• edited March 2016
    Stop stealing post space please Tikay...

Jac looking at your post everyone has been there just be glad your tilt only lead to a £55 mtt buyin.

I dont mind people moaning about bad beats as long as you can look at the hand constructively "beyond" the beat to see if it was just bad luck or something that could of been done better!
  • edited March 2016
    Stop stealing post space please Tikay... Jac looking at your post everyone has been there just be glad your tilt only lead to a £55 mtt buyin. I dont mind people moaning about bad beats as long as you can look at the hand constructively "beyond" the beat to see if it was just bad luck or something that could of been done better!
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Ta

No, it wasn't that I'd played a £55 mtt, it was that I played the speed. I play the 9pm £55 fairly often and I would have been fine about entering that. I played a fair few dyms as well and think I lost every £33 I played.
    £330 down in the end which smarted a bit because I was going to pack up for the night when only £70 down.
    So a bit more tilt than just the £55 :)

The hand that knocked me out of the 10.15 £22 just seemed bizarre but in keeping with the night. Was hoping this mtt mighht get me out of it. Just short of the money
    Bb has a decent stack. Has limped into pretty much every hand. He's just limp/called a 15 big shove with 33 and won the flip.

I min on the button with A10 to 600. He defends as expected.
    Flop 10 9 9 rainbow 

He open shoves approx 9k. I'm playing approx 7k.
    Assume everyone snaps?
  • edited March 2016
    Yeah im pretty much snapping... I assume he is playing QJ?
  • edited March 2016
    Rather sadly, "WHAT CAN YOU DO?" has disappeared. Shame, it was a fun thread. I've asked Upstairs, but we can't seem to establish who removed it.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Maybe it disappeared in a house fire.
  • edited March 2016
    Yeah im pretty much snapping... I assume he is playing QJ?
    Posted by Itsover4u
    K9 :)
  • edited March 2016

Decided to go small tonight.
    Won a £3dym :)
    Played 2 mtts 
    Made a slight profit with heads in the £11 9.30 :)
    Came 3rd in the £2 speed rebuy for £56 :)

£54 profit on the night

It's a start :)