You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Keeping it simple- Road to Brazil 2014.

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
Sick beer count each day plz :)

Comments

• edited February 2013
    I have decided to start a diary.

Starting with £11.00*

Hoping to spin it up to a decent four figure sum by the end of 2013/early 2014 so i can go to Brazil to watch the World Cup. It will be tough but it is achievable.

How am i going to do it? cash, stts and mtts. Using all i have learnt from sky poker in the past 5 years. 

Why am i doing it? I believe to become a better poker player i need  to become diciplined and consistant by "keeping it simple" Just proper grinding but with agro BRM. My biggest demons are tilt and spew, these are going to be dealt with once and for all. 

I do not intend to withdraw anything i win, just keep building is the plan, to get on the plane to Rio in 2014. 

I will also update people on other stuff that happens inside this head of mine from time to time. Like today, i am coming to terms with the bubble of all bubbles-  11th out of 10552 players in the stars PCA package. top 10 got 17k holiday to the Bahamas, 11th got nothing. yup zip! I Was up till 4am last night, didnt get to bed till 5am, still went to work. Usually i would have finished 4958th or summit, but this time it felt different and i thought i was gonna bink a package. Wasn't to be but i'm not gonna beat myself up over it.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading this epic challenge as much as i will love/hate doing it :) 

*might reload if necessary soon but to no more than £50. 
  • edited November 2012
    Who will you be supporting in Brazil, qualification permitting?

Your native China, or adopted country of England?

If the latter, are you prepared for the abuse you may recieve when a Chinese looking fella is sat amongst drunk, patriotic, England fans?

Tilt and spew issues are nowhere near as bad as your money management. 

Good luck with the diary. 

• edited November 2012

Best of British m8 and commiserations for last night. Looking forward to following this.
  • edited November 2012

Good Luck with your challenge Greg.

You have the game to do this quite comfortably imo.

Just remember what you are trying to achieve when you start to get Tilty/Spewy and you will be fine.

• edited November 2012
    i bubbled a package to ukipt newcastle recently worth around a 1K, i felt like s*-*t, i would have died to have bubbled the tourney you did.

concentration(lack of it) + Tilt = spew.. are my demons, you are not alone!

Gl with challenge
  • edited November 2012
    Good luck with the challenge and the diary. 

JJ stole my thunder by asking who you plan on supporting in Brazil. The Germany bandwagon always has spare seats. Even extra wide ones.
  • edited November 2012
    I'm hoping to be in Brazil for the World Cup

#OrangeArmyOnTour :o))

BRM plan?? 1 x £11 rr or you gonna start grinding the 60p dims..?

How are you gonna stop yourself drunk-spewing £200 at the weekends??

Deets man!!

xx

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Keeping it simple- Road to Brazil 2014.:
    Sick beer count each day plz :)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    1 large glass of rose wine so far tonight

• edited November 2012

"How am i going to do it? cash, stts and mtts."

RIGHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT...............................

So how are u actually gonna do it? 
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Keeping it simple- Road to Brazil 2014.:
    I have decided to start a diary. Starting with £11.00* Hoping to spin it up to a decent four figure sum by the end of 2013/early 2014 so i can go to Brazil to watch the World Cup. It will be tough but it is achievable. How am i going to do it? cash, stts and mtts. Using all i have learnt from sky poker in the past 5 years.  Why am i doing it? I believe to become a better poker player i need  to become diciplined and consistant by "keeping it simple" Just proper grinding but with agro BRM. My biggest demons are tilt and spew, these are going to be dealt with once and for all.  I do not intend to withdraw anything i win, just keep building is the plan, to get on the plane to Rio in 2014.  I will also update people on other stuff that happens inside this head of mine from time to time. Like today, i am coming to terms with the bubble of all bubbles-  11th out of 10552 players in the stars PCA package. top 10 got 17k holiday to the Bahamas, 11th got nothing. yup zip! I Was up till 4am last night, didnt get to bed till 5am, still went to work. Usually i would have finished 4958th or summit, but this time it felt different and i thought i was gonna bink a package. Wasn't to be but i'm not gonna beat myself up over it. Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading this epic challenge as much as i will love/hate doing it :)  *might reload if necessary soon but to no more than £50. 
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Sounds more fun than the road to boringments and football ;)
  • edited November 2012
    Who will you be supporting in Brazil, qualification permitting? Your native China, or adopted country of England? If the latter, are you prepared for the abuse you may recieve when a Chinese looking fella is sat amongst drunk, patriotic, England fans? Tilt and spew issues are nowhere near as bad as your money management.  Good luck with the diary. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I was thinking of supporting Brazil if England are not there. Have always wanted to go to Brazil and seeing Michael Palin's documentary has inspired me.

I do not look Chinese, fat maybe, but not Chinese

You are right about my money management it is dreadful. lost count of the amount of bankrolls i have built and destroyed on Sky in the past 5 years. This is why this challenge is gonna be particularly tough 
  • edited November 2012
      Best of British m8 and commiserations for last night. Looking forward to following this.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Thanks Pom, you are awkward to play against from memory as you always have the nuts:) thanks for your interest!

• edited November 2012
    " How am i going to do it?  cash, stts and mtts." RIGHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT............................... So how are u actually gonna do it
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

He said earlier he was just going to play you heads up, which would mean he would have plenty of drink tokens as well. ;)))
  • edited November 2012
    Nice 1 Gregorini GL matey.

And fwiw, I don't think you look Chinese either, considering you are roughly 7x the size of your average Chinese person loool!! 
  • edited November 2012
  • edited November 2012
    Good Luck with your challenge Greg. You have the game to do this quite comfortably imo. Just remember what you are trying to achieve when you start to get Tilty/Spewy and you will be fine.
    Posted by hawk7112
    Thanks Squarkers

Yup its a long term thing... Im not so good at that sort of thing historically... But planning to push myself on this one!
  • edited November 2012
    i bubbled a package to ukipt newcastle recently worth around a 1K, i felt like s*-*t, i would have died to have bubbled the tourney you did. concentration(lack of it) + Tilt = spew.. are my demons, you are not alone! Gl with challenge
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    Yup big bubbles are nasty... Just gotta keep persevering innit.

Thanks mate
  • edited November 2012
    Good luck with the challenge and the diary.  JJ stole my thunder by asking who you plan on supporting in Brazil. The Germany bandwagon always has spare seats. Even extra wide ones.
    Posted by Giant811
    To support Germany for me, is like getting The Pope to hire a hoooker. not gonna happen

thanks for your best wishes
  • edited November 2012
    I'm hoping to be in Brazil for the World Cup #OrangeArmyOnTour :o)) BRM plan?? 1 x £11 rr or you gonna start grinding the 60p dims..? How are you gonna stop yourself drunk-spewing £200 at the weekends?? Deets man!! xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    Sup Boss! would love a TKP tour to Brazil!! :)

I am gonna start on the small sngs i think. Just had a brief session playing the 60p ones of various formats... 20% rake wtf! up 93p so far from a few games... this is gonna be hard lol

Ill worry about your other question when ive got £200 in this bankroll
  • edited November 2012
    " How am i going to do it?  cash, stts and mtts." RIGHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT............................... So how are u actually gonna do it? 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I'm going to make it up as i go along... Just read the diary you will find out!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Keeping it simple- Road to Brazil 2014. : Sounds more fun than the road to boringments and football ;)
    Posted by RogueCell
    Clur spamming my fred already FML :)
  • edited November 2012
    Nice 1 Gregorini GL matey. And fwiw, I don't think you look Chinese either, considering you are roughly 7x the size of your average Chinese person loool!! 
    Posted by BigMikeDBC
    Cheers Mike..... I think....

You will get daily updates/tilts in person, i hope i wasnt too mardy at work today lol
  • edited November 2012

With your help, I am going to try to keep this diary as interactive as possible and I invite any questions (doesn't have to be poker) and will respond to all posts.

Results- DAY 1

Current Bankroll £11.93

+ £0.93 from a few turbo sngs (60p ish each) lolaments. Lambert would be proud! :)

• edited November 2012
    Gl mate. Sounds like a great idea.
  • edited November 2012

Good luck with your diary/quest Grog. It will be the 1st one I read everyday.....

.......after  the results thread, TommyD's diary, Shuv's punting Diary, AL's Bar, TKP winners thread, the latest one (or five) from IDCU, and all the other threads, OBV.  :):)
  • edited November 2012
    nice motivation and good to see your planning on going wether england make it or not.

question. if you have the £50 available to you why havent you just started from there instead of at £11
  • edited November 2012
    Good luck with your diary/quest Grog. It will be the 1st one I read everyday..... .......after  the results thread, TommyD's diary, Shuv's punting Diary, AL's Bar, TKP winners thread, the latest one (or five) from IDCU, and all the other threads, OBV.  :):)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Brilliant,
     just when i thought you going all soft on us with the first sentence.
    BOOM there's the Rub.

Regards Alan
  • edited November 2012
    nice motivation and good to see your planning on going wether england make it or not. question. if you have the £50 available to you why havent you just started from there instead of at £11
    Posted by TINTIN

+1 

Proving nowt by spinning up from a tenner, it's just wasting time. 

• edited November 2012
    Very best of luck Hoggers!
    Are you going to use SKY BET?
    My friend has done a similar challenge on the last three Euro and World Cups.
    Every time he cashed over £50 he put £10 on Germany or Spain to win.
    Although the best result would have been England Winning.
    Three tournaments in a row he's been able to take his family on a mega holiday with his winnings!
    2 years betting on Spain at 5/1 left him with a great holiday and very inflated bankroll.
    This year he's betting on Brazil 3/1 Spain 5/1 and Mexico 40/1 and has over £200 placed already
    £120 on Brazil £60 on Spain and £40 on Mexico
    He started with £100 bankroll and has about £1200 now
  • edited November 2012
    This is gonna be an awsome diary! Im sure you can grind this up and get over there. 
    GL!