You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Keeping it simple- Road to Brazil 2014.

Comments

• edited November 2012
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Keeping it simple- Road to Brazil 2014.:
    With your help, I am going to try to keep this diary as interactive as possible and I invite any questions (doesn't have to be poker) and will respond to all posts. Current Bankroll £11.93 + £0.93 from a few turbo sngs (60p ish each) lolaments. Lambert would be proud! :)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Forget the cash Greg, how many poker points you got?!!
  • edited November 2012
    gl to you. should be interesting
  • edited November 2012
    I'm sure you can get there.  Just need a bit of extra discipline.  Make sure you can still come to SPTs tho!
  • edited November 2012

Good luck Greg

Hope this goes better than the diet!!!!
  • edited November 2012
    Good luck Greg Hope this goes better than the diet!!!!
    Posted by kaymac
    TBF to Greg, he was doing really well in the diet comp and I am sure he would have carried on with the weight loss had it not been for me effectively pulling out and making it harder for him to be kept motivated 

Gl Gregory, hope you achieve your goal mate! 
  • edited November 2012
    Good luck m8

Like others have said, I'd jsut give yourself a bit bigger stanrting figure and miss out those 20% rake DYM's... Start at 3.30 or £5 or something, it will jsut get boring far too early otherwise... If you have a big edge you will be surprised how much you can actually make on them.
  • edited November 2012
    HI G

Looking forward to this as i've always seen you as a very good player and need some 'sensible' tips to focus on! Hope it goes well fo you.
  • edited November 2012
    gl gregg

just remember to play the 5-2 hands and u won't go wrong m8!!!
  • edited November 2012
    gl Gregg--- football--lol---ya big Nutter!!!!
  • edited November 2012
    Hi Greg.

The best of luck with your challange!!! I'm sure you can do it!!!

As for Brazil - it is absolutely fantastic country. I'm sure you will love it there. My wife is Brazilian and I have been there 5 times now. We even had our wedding there 4 months ago :) The food is fantastic, beer always cold, great culture and very friendly people everywhere!! 

We are seriously thinking of moving to Brazil in the near future. We will see how it goes. That's why I'm not playing that often over here lately as wouldn't be able to play on Sky there, so I'm grinding my roll on stars in hypers HUSNG now which is going quite ok so far :)

Anyway, best of luck to you and will definitelly follow your progress. 

If you will have any questions about Brazil just ask :)

• edited November 2012
    Good luck with this Greg - will keep a close watching brief
  • edited November 2012
    Good luck.  Should be a good read. Will you be including SPT cashes? ;-) 
  • edited November 2012
    Gwann Hoggers :) Good luck mate, sure youl crush this, glad your not grinding Mtts I must say ;) smash it bud!
  • edited November 2012
    nice motivation and good to see your planning on going wether england make it or not. question. if you have the £50 available to you why havent you just started from there instead of at £11
    Posted by TINTIN
    To Tintin... the micro cash grinding king (we might cross paths soon ish lol)

I just had £11 left in my account following recent downswing issues and have decided not to deposit unless i have to. It's a good way of remembering the basics and a good grounding in dicipline and patience.

Dohhhhhhh, it's not wasting time, it's punishment for me playing like a plonker the last few months.

• edited November 2012
    Very best of luck Hoggers! Are you going to use SKY BET? My friend has done a similar challenge on the last three Euro and World Cups. Every time he cashed over £50 he put £10 on Germany or Spain to win. Although the best result would have been England Winning. Three tournaments in a row he's been able to take his family on a mega holiday with his winnings! 2 years betting on Spain at 5/1 left him with a great holiday and very inflated bankroll. This year he's betting on Brazil 3/1 Spain 5/1 and Mexico 40/1 and has over £200 placed already £120 on Brazil £60 on Spain and £40 on Mexico He started with £100 bankroll and has about £1200 now
    Posted by cleansweep
    Hi Mr Sweep, thanks alot mate. Good question and WOW at your friend's achievements! Unfortunately, following Dohhhhhhh's tips, which ALWAYS lose, without fail!, together with me being useless at football betting, means i probably wont. I gave up the horses months ago. Also there's no danger of sky vegas or bingo as im self excluded. This is purely a poker challenge! 

I do like a cheeky bet on reality tv tho! I have a feeling that Ashley will be queen of the jungle and that Chris Maloney will win x factor. 
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Keeping it simple- Road to Brazil 2014. : Forget the cash Greg, how many poker points you got?!!
    Posted by Lambert180
    Lol, im not gonna track those in this diary that's oober boring imo...

The C4p will be added to the profit totals tho at the beginning of each month! 

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Keeping it simple- Road to Brazil 2014. : I was thinking of supporting Brazil if England are not there. Have always wanted to go to Brazil and seeing Michael Palin's documentary has inspired me. I do not look Chinese, fat maybe, but not Chinese You are right about my money management it is dreadful. lost count of the amount of bankrolls i have built and destroyed on Sky in the past 5 years. This is why this challenge is gonna be particularly tough 
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    I watched Carl Pilkingtons and wouldn,t be that fussed about going.

Have you looked into prices and do you have a specific target that will aloow you to do this

Whatever happens GL with it and i,m sure your diary will be an intereting one

Paul
  • edited November 2012
    I'm sure you can get there.  Just need a rocket up your assss  Make sure you can still come to SPTs tho!
    Posted by scotty77
    FYP

Ye i will try to sat into SPT's seperately guess i will deposit specifically to play the sats while my BR is smallish.

Wouldnt miss SPT's mate. I get to meet celebs like you :) 
  • edited November 2012
    Good luck Greg Hope this goes better than the diet!!!!
    Posted by kaymac
    Cheers Keith... I think... :) 

Dylan is not the reason the diet plan didn't work out. The reason is that I was lazy, but both Dylan and I had a promising start. The diet will restart again in the new year for me, i cant speak for chubbers from Wales... Got some pressure from colleagues at work to do this with them, so i will include fat updates next year! 

• edited November 2012
    gl gregg just remember to play the 5-2  hands   and u won't go wrong m8!!!
    Posted by mkgunner
    Lol cheers m8.. You know i have heard this gag at least errr 52 times in the past week from bragging gooners. The thing is... we have a new up and coming manager, not a tired past-it triangular faced one, and had only 10 men for the vast majority of the game, albeit due to Adebayor's stupidity!

I dont mind a bit of football banter on this thread 
  • edited November 2012
    Think I am going to wait for the sequel - Road to Rio 2016 !!

good luck mr Hogg
  • edited November 2012
    Hi Greg. The best of luck with your challange!!! I'm sure you can do it!!! As for Brazil - it is absolutely fantastic country. I'm sure you will love it there. My wife is Brazilian and I have been there 5 times now. We even had our wedding there 4 months ago :) The food is fantastic, beer always cold, great culture and very friendly people everywhere!!  We are seriously thinking of moving to Brazil in the near future. We will see how it goes. That's why I'm not playing that often over here lately as wouldn't be able to play on Sky there, so I'm grinding my roll on stars in hypers HUSNG now which is going quite ok so far :) Anyway, best of luck to you and will definitelly follow your progress.  If you will have any questions about Brazil just ask :)
    Posted by Mariusz80
    Many thanks Mariuz.. Brazil and South America in general has always been the place i wanted to go to and thought with the World Cup going there it would be a perfect opportunity! 

What ROI are you achieving at the HU Hypers.... ? I cant beat these on sky so these will be omited from my challenge. Can u PM me your stars alius please, if you dont mind? cheers. 

• edited November 2012
    Good luck.  Should be a good read. Will you be including SPT cashes? ;-) 
    Posted by Glenelg
    Cheers Glen... I hope to, if possible, yes! 

Problem is i suck at SPTs! I am too busy having fun/drinking/eating and talking!

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Keeping it simple- Road to Brazil 2014. : FYP Ye i will try to sat into SPT's seperately guess i will deposit specifically to play the sats while my BR is smallish. Wouldnt miss SPT's mate. I get to meet brothers seperated at birth  like you :) 
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    FYP

Also i want a dailly update of your alchohol intake please running totals, would be hilarious!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Keeping it simple- Road to Brazil 2014. : I watched Carl Pilkingtons and wouldn,t be that fussed about going. Have you looked into prices and do you have a specific target that will aloow you to do this Whatever happens GL with it and i,m sure your diary will be an intereting one Paul
    Posted by MP33

No specific target in mind yet... its way to early, but i figure im gonna need 2k at the very least, probably 3k!!

Thanks mate
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Keeping it simple- Road to Brazil 2014. : FYP Also i want a dailly update of your alchohol intake please running totals, would be hilarious!
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Only if i can daily diary entries from you about how many times you have been rejected on twitter by the random birds u tweet?! :)

• edited November 2012
    Many thanks to the following for your posts of support, hope i can deliver now! 

Jonjo
    Alan..... errrrrrrr if you actually read it! :)
    Curt
    Conor
    Walesboy
    Dylan
    Fishflush
    Proffy
    Oynutterments
    Darich
    Wacko
    Rancid

Not sure im gonna play much tonight, am still a bit overtired from Sunday, prob an early night tonight! Maybe i will go for another 93 pence profit tho, or perhaps 94 pence tonight.... onwards and upwards :))))
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Keeping it simple- Road to Brazil 2014. : To Tintin... the micro cash grinding king (we might cross paths soon ish lol) I just had £11 left in my account following recent downswing issues and have decided not to deposit unless i have to. It's a good way of remembering the basics and a good grounding in dicipline and patience. Dohhhhhhh, it's not wasting time, it's punishment for me playing like a plonker the last few months.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    fair enough reason.

personally i would top up to the £50 sooner rather than later. a few days of 60p dym or whatever, might be enough punishment lol. it would allow you to game select a bit more and and multi table a bit more freely.

no doubt our paths will cross if youplan on including cash in your challenge. best of luck
  • edited November 2012
    Hoggers this is an immense challenge, gl! I cant believe youve had a downswing, you've been cashing here there and everywhere this year. I take it you cant lend me a tenner anymore!

Do you think you overdosed on the poker and lost that edge that is the diff between crushing and eating the track?