You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Keeping it simple- Road to Brazil 2014.

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Too many gooners posting on this thread for my liking! :) cheers Sanjay!

Results- DAY 2

Played a few sngs at £1.15 level (dyms both plo and nlhe) up £3.10 total

Also played 1 mtt the 1.10 deepstack and didnt bubble. 21st was the bubble i finished here and made a 25p profit! wooo hooo :)
    GREGHOGG020£1.35

So....

SNGs=                     +3.98

MTTs=                     +0.25

CASH=                     N/A

TOTAL PROFIT       +4.23    

CURRENT ROLL      £15.23

C4P-      couldn't give a flying monkey 

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Keeping it simple- Road to Brazil 2014.:
    Too many gooners posting on this thread for my liking! :) cheers Sanjay! Results- DAY 2 Played a few sngs at £1.15 level (dyms both plo and nlhe) up £3.10 total Also played 1 mtt the 1.10 deepstack and didnt bubble. 21st was the bubble i finished here and made a 25p profit! wooo hooo :) GREGHOGG 0 20 £1.35 So.... SNGs=                     +3.98 MTTs=                     +0.25 CASH=                     N/A TOTAL PROFIT       +4.23     CURRENT ROLL       £15.23 C4P-      couldn't give a flying monkey 
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Who do you think you are, Wacko XXL? ;)
  • edited November 2012

1 word 4 u GREG Go41T & "ALL THE B3ST 0FF LUCK.. MaTe
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Keeping it simple- Road to Brazil 2014. : Many thanks Mariuz.. Brazil and South America in general has always been the place i wanted to go to and thought with the World Cup going there it would be a perfect opportunity!  What ROI are you achieving at the HU Hypers.... ? I cant beat these on sky so these will be omited from my challenge. Can u PM me your stars alius please, if you dont mind? cheers. 
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Hi Greg.

It's not a secret, my alias on stars is Alarik_25. I started at a $7 level, now playing $30. Played 3.966 games and my ROI is 4.1%. Having quite a big downswing at the moment but thats normal in hypers.

Well done on a good start and keep it up :)
  • edited November 2012

Hoggers!

Just do it man. You know you can.
  • edited November 2012
    Best of luck to you Greg, I'll be following with interest.
  • edited November 2012
    Thanks Michael, tikay and Gary...

Tonight was our monthly work fun game. It's a fiver 8k chips each and usually we have about 8 runners. 

It is BigmikeDBC's baby, he started it 4 months ago, and i am yet to cash lol

As our regular dealer was away, i had a go tonight as i am the most experienced player.

Live dealing is not my forte, and i have never in fact done it before, so i was very ropey. One hilarious example is when i raised from the button and got a caller in the blinds. I then dealt the flop, and in the process mucked my own cards without realising it... The table laughed somewhat as i shipped the pot to my opponant. 

It's a sng where there are many people who are new to poker so it is interesting and tonight we had a girl winner, she was very happy indeed. WD Hannah!

Im too tired to play any online poker now, so its an early night for me, although if MOTD is on i might watch that as the mighty spurs managed to cling on to a vital home win...

Good night all
  • edited November 2012
    Results- DAY 3...

Played a few micro sngs... 1.10 scarys/ plo dyms- GO AWAY Talon!... was up to about 25 quid total but was focussing on a stars mtt so lost the plot a bit on Sky... got 12/1900 ish for 75 dollar (1st was 1500 dollar)... at least it wasnt 11th again... :(  

Getting oober close on stars ftl

SNGs=                     +8.98

MTTs=                     +0.25

CASH=                     N/A

TOTAL PROFIT       +9.23    

CURRENT ROLL      £20.23

C4P-      couldn't give a flying giraffe

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Keeping it simple- Road to Brazil 2014. : HAHA Love Karl!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENWCyxOjDQk No specific target in mind yet... its way to early, but i figure im gonna need 2k at the very least, probably 3k!! Thanks mate
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Was going to have a game of poker but after watching this, ended up watching 2 hours worth of clips with Karl pilkington and Ricky Gervais. Thought Rickys Golden globe highlights were funny . Just watched this one about Karl with a broken fridge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBdIgDhpWjM
  • edited November 2012

Good luck Greg.
  • edited December 2012
    No update this evening Gregory?/
  • edited December 2012
    Not going to do a huge update right now.. not been the best weekend... but

Just won the Hit Squad hilo thingy

GREGHOGG340001£25.50luvBWFC02£15.30SkiItaly03£10.20

Current Roll is £42.77 but i deposited £20.00 today so only £11.77 profitments. The dyms have killed me today! Gonna have to not play them until i learn how to fold again.

Just one final thought... The Orange Scouser... i call him the Wotsitman, will win xfactor! You read it here first.
  • edited December 2012
    It has been a very strange couple of weeks... Here are a few brief highlights/lowlights in a random order. Maloney didn't win... Ooops

Last night was the Staff Christmas Party, so I am feeling a bit delicate this morning (at least i booked the day off work though), and am used to feeling a bit delicate obv...
    Had my first ever go on a "bucking bronko" No photo evidence i am afraid, thank god, but i lasted 7 seconds... I originally got on it in my shoes tho, and almost burst the inflatable... I got shouted at, but as it was so loud with cra ppy music I couldn't hear them...

The Arsenal Bradford game on Tuesday was a revelation. As a Spurs fan, obviously i do like to poke the odd bit of harmless fun at the gooners from time to time... But, sometimes you just think there is no point they do it to themselves!!  Bradford not only outplayed an almost full strength Gooner team for periods of that game, and let's not forget that they are 61 places lower in the league... They gave it all, and put in a superb display of good old British determination and grit. Well done them, and god help Irene's (TRIP5- massive Bradford fan) heart in the semi final/final, she apparently weed a bit during the penalty shootout lol...  As for the Arsenal team, they are not a team, the only one with any sort of desire was Wiltshire... things look bleak unless they appoint a new manager soon imo. So i wish Arsene Wenger all the best at keeping his job :)

SPT LUTON

I took a mate up from Folkestone (BigmikeDBC) for the first time, which was a bit weird as i usually attend on my own. Although, when i get to the SPT venue, I see familiar faces and start to drink/chat rubbish/laugh at people (i mean with) and have fun... Pretty sure mike felt welcome and had a good time tho. 
    Luton is the quickest journey, and i feel the most home in that cardroom as it's down south! Some of the locals spent the entire weekend moaning about how "bad" sky players are, but then proceeded to be constantly owned by them!!
    I am proud of myself despite the results (I.e bricking the Friday night mtt and the Saturday one, but i had two solid deep runs, only not cashing due to flips at the end. Just gotta win that big flip aint ya, flopped a fd and had two overs for a nice 25bb pot in the main, if i win that pretty sure i cash, not meant to be this time... looking forward to seeing what the tour next year brings. 
    Although I bricked the mtts, I "kept it simple" no spazzy plays, no stupid -ev squeezes, just plain simple positional play and folding oop when i had been fishing previously!!

Not gone too well tbh. Won a squaddy thing, finalled a couple of small mtts, but not been keeping track of results as i did early in the diary... have withdrawn/deposited. prob about break even. Had some near misses on stars again too, beginning to hate that site!
    This happened a couple of days ago

DOHHHHHHH 31500 1 £42
    DangerMog 0 2 £26.25
    GREGHOGG 0 3 £15.75
    garyw575 0 4 £11.55
    hagar158 0 5 £9.45
    Nmes 0 6

Dohhhhh cracked my AA with 33, im sure he will find the hand and stick it on his diary... was a speedament for £5.50, I was taking a shot

Current roll £30.38

C4p- Couldn't give a flying wildebeest! 

Jesus, this is gonna be a long slog...Dunno why I involved him, but i need all the help i can get! :)

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY.... "BE YOURSELF, EVERYONE ELSE IS ALREADY TAKEN" (oscar wilde)

• edited December 2012
    trebled up greggers nice one

question non-poker: whos better Brad Friedel or Hugo Lloris? 
  • edited December 2012
    Looool!! You just sat there on a plastic donkey-thing like a plonker wondering what everyone was shouting at pmsl!! Will defo have to see if I can track down some pics.  
  • edited December 2012
    trebled up greggers nice one question non-poker: whos better Brad Friedel or Hugo Lloris? 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Thanks Don... Both have their merits and I would feel confident with either in goal.

Brad has done nothing wrong at Spurs and although he is towards the end of his career he is still as good as ever imo. Felt a bit sorry for him that he has been dropped, through no fault of his own!

Lloris is long-term and i think it makes sense for him to be bedded in this season. The way AVB has handled it has been spot on imo.

As to who is better? I couldn't say, but obv LLoris is an amazing long-term prospect as French captain at such a young age. He has not done anything wrong yet either, so I am just happy that Spurs have not got a problem keeper wise... (like when Gomes was dropping everything!)
  • edited December 2012
    Had a good couple of days poker-wise

Done well in mtts, finalled a couple, and played a small session of 10nl last night. (won about 20 quid)

Cba to fill in details now as watching Spurs, but hope to put some results/hands in later 

BR now up to £152.38

C4P- Couldn't give a flying Penguin

• edited December 2012
    I saw you at 10NL on one of my tables last night Greg, how did the session go? Pretty aggro BRM with £40 :p

EDIT: sigh you replied before I posted. Not so aggro with the BRM then lol. Nice work.
  • edited December 2012
    I saw you at 10NL on one of my tables last night Greg, how did the session go? Pretty aggro BRM with £40 :p
    Posted by Lambert180
    I had about 13 buyins when i sat down mate, after winning a bit at small mtts. won about 2 buyins in under an hour 5 tabling

I am using agro BRM yes. But agro BRM > no BRM! was tempted to play the main last night for £33 for example and resisted!
  • edited December 2012
    Keep on playing teh £5 tourneys and your roll will soon shoot through £500 again.. seriously some of the softest fields online.
  • edited December 2012
    Keep on playing teh £5 tourneys and your roll will soon shoot through £500 again.. seriously some of the softest fields online.
    Posted by NColley
    Cheers Colley, trying to mix up the games i play to stop boredom, just put in a session of 10nl again, seem to be doing ok at that too... but ye, the mtts are looking soft as always which is great
  • edited December 2012
    why £11?
    Posted by loololollo
    was all that was left in my account following a disasterous period and i didnt want to reload
  • edited December 2012
    Brag bump for later

crushed the 50 speed microment

GREGHOGG1130001£21.60
    goodall02£13.50
    Mylena03£8.10
    james193404£5.94
    Quacka705£4.86
  • edited December 2012
    another mini bump

finally found my level!

loyalty freeroll takedown

GREGHOGG3000001£50
    lundie02£37.50
    loololollo03£25
    kickerBG04£20
    Macacgirl105£15
    pomfrittes06£12.50
  • edited December 2012
    On a roll Gregory, keep it going mate! 
  • edited December 2012
    another mini bump finally found my level! loyalty freeroll takedown GREGHOGG 300000 1 £50 lundie 0 2 £37.50 loololollo 0 3 £25 kickerBG 0 4 £20 Macacgirl1 0 5 £15 pomfrittes 0 6 £12.50
    Posted by GREGHOGG

WP Hoggers,  bankroll probs covers taxi to the airport now m8, good start keep it going.
  • edited December 2012
    It has been a very strange couple of weeks... Here are a few brief highlights/lowlights in a random order. Maloney didn't win... Ooops Last night was the Staff Christmas Party, so I am feeling a bit delicate this morning (at least i booked the day off work though), and am used to feeling a bit delicate obv... Had my first ever go on a "bucking bronko" No photo evidence i am afraid, thank god, but i lasted 7 seconds... I originally got on it in my shoes tho, and almost burst the inflatable... I got shouted at, but as it was so loud with cra ppy music I couldn't hear them... The Arsenal Bradford game on Tuesday was a revelation. As a Spurs fan, obviously i do like to poke the odd bit of harmless fun at the gooners from time to time... But, sometimes you just think there is no point they do it to themselves!!  Bradford not only outplayed an almost full strength Gooner team for periods of that game, and let's not forget that they are 61 places lower in the league... They gave it all, and put in a superb display of good old British determination and grit. Well done them, and god help Irene's (TRIP5- massive Bradford fan) heart in the semi final/final, she apparently weed a bit during the penalty shootout lol...  As for the Arsenal team, they are not a team, the only one with any sort of desire was Wiltshire... things look bleak unless they appoint a new manager soon imo. So i wish Arsene Wenger all the best at keeping his job :) SPT LUTON I took a mate up from Folkestone (BigmikeDBC) for the first time, which was a bit weird as i usually attend on my own. Although, when i get to the SPT venue, I see familiar faces and start to drink/chat rubbish/laugh at people (i mean with) and have fun... Pretty sure mike felt welcome and had a good time tho.  Luton is the quickest journey, and i feel the most home in that cardroom as it's down south! Some of the locals spent the entire weekend moaning about how "bad" sky players are, but then proceeded to be constantly owned by them!! I am proud of myself despite the results (I.e bricking the Friday night mtt and the Saturday one, but i had two solid deep runs, only not cashing due to flips at the end. Just gotta win that big flip aint ya, flopped a fd and had two overs for a nice 25bb pot in the main, if i win that pretty sure i cash, not meant to be this time... looking forward to seeing what the tour next year brings.  Although I bricked the mtts, I "kept it simple" no spazzy plays, no stupid -ev squeezes, just plain simple positional play and folding oop when i had been fishing previously!! Online  Not gone too well tbh. Won a squaddy thing, finalled a couple of small mtts, but not been keeping track of results as i did early in the diary... have withdrawn/deposited. prob about break even. Had some near misses on stars again too, beginning to hate that site! This happened a couple of days ago DOHHHHHHH 31500 1 £42 DangerMog 0 2 £26.25 GREGHOGG 0 3 £15.75 garyw575 0 4 £11.55 hagar158 0 5 £9.45 Nmes 0 6 Dohhhhh cracked my AA with 33, im sure he will find the hand and stick it on his diary... was a speedament for £5.50, I was taking a shot Current roll £30.38 C4p- Couldn't give a flying wildebeest!  Jesus, this is gonna be a long slog...Dunno why I involved him, but i need all the help i can get! :) THOUGHT FOR THE DAY....  "BE YOURSELF, EVERYONE ELSE IS ALREADY TAKEN" (oscar wilde)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Just catching up with your diary hoggers good to see your making progress. No doubt christmas will be lucrative for a man of your talents.

Now ahem, Arsenal vs Bradford, yeah it was a shocker but to put it down to team spirit is soo far off the mark. Its more like the quality of the players we have these days, simply not up to scratch. Thats why we have started taking the north london derby more seriously in recent seasons ;). Its quite ironic that two ex arsenal players that could be accused of ruining team spirit are now on the dark side of north london.......

As for wenger, I lost patience with him after the swansea game, but I dont want him sacked I want him to groom a sucessor and then move upstairs. DB10 would make a great arsenal manager.  
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Keeping it simple- Road to Brazil 2014. : Just catching up with your diary hoggers good to see your making progress. No doubt christmas will be lucrative for a man of your talents. Now ahem, Arsenal vs Bradford, yeah it was a shocker but to put it down to team spirit is soo far off the mark. Its more like the quality of the players we have these days, simply not up to scratch. Thats why we have started taking the north london derby more seriously in recent seasons ;). Its quite ironic that two ex arsenal players that could be accused of ruining team spirit are now on the dark side of north london....... As for wenger, I lost patience with him after the swansea game, but I dont want him sacked I want him to groom a sucessor and then move upstairs. DB10 would make a great arsenal manager.  
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Lol thanks for your comments mate, your comment sounds a bit wrong tho! I dont think all your players are bad, that Corzola seems to be a good find, and podolski is clearly class.
  • edited December 2012
    I am about 4 weeks into this journey now, after suffering the nastiest bubble ever... Still didn't stop a forum reg asking me last night if I was busy packing for the Caribbean! Sigh :(

Now, on the whole, It's been going fine, I have not updated the diary as much as I would like and I have mainly been playing mtts, because, quite simply, I love them and they are the easist way to accumulate money quickly. (or lose!)

I am pretty sure I have been running -ev, as I have missed a huge amount of massive pots when close to the bigger money in mini opens and other stuff (ive resisted the urge to play the main, so some BRM is working)

I have been playing mtts/sats of no more then £7.20 and cash of no more than 10nl. Also, I find sngs boring so have decided not to bother with them atm.

Current Roll £129.57
    Total Profit £118.57

C4P- Couldn't give a flying Emu

Now, how is the "keeping it simple" philosophy going?... Well.... on the whole I have been playing pretty solid mtt strategy, but I can't resist the odd spot when the blinds are big to run the odd bluff, (or take the odd "lol-line") going to post a few examples shortly. Apologies in advance to anyone I bluffed...