You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Keeping it simple- Road to Brazil 2014.

1234568»

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Just win some MTT's Greg, simples really, what is the difficulty mate?
  • edited May 2013
    Bump any updates greg
  • edited May 2013
    http://www.guanabara.co.uk/

This is the budget way to do it!
  • edited October 2013

* BUMP * - now we have actually qualified!!!

How are the funds going Grog? Have you got enough yet to take me with you as well?

.....prices are going through the roof.....you best get a shift on in booking up mate.
  • edited October 2013
    yeah

sharkie reckons you're doing pretty d*mn good, unless you're p*ssing it all away on cash, but there's not been that many forum games to lose that much!

so, big boy......
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Keeping it simple- Road to Brazil 2014.:
    yeah sharkie reckons you're doing pretty d*mn good, unless you're p*ssing it all away on cash, but there's not been that many forum games to lose that much! so, big boy......
    Posted by GELDY
    Thank you for the bump Alan.

I kept intending to bump the diary myself and do a long post explaining where I was, how I got on at different SPT's etc. Still may well do this if there is sufficient interest.

I have won about 3k ish at mtts/sngs this year (mainly small mtts, I have not played the main that much) Very happy with my consistency and steady graph! 

I have not donked it on cash, if anything I have probably won a small amount at cash this year too.

The bottom line is that I didn't stick to my plan to keep the money as i have withdrawn it an spent it on things such as going to SPT Dublin and the Notts 6 max, Also spent it on important life stuff.

The dream for Brazil is probably over now. Unless i win 9k (apparently that's how much it would cost) within the next couple of months, But i do have some other potential holiday's lined up for 2014

Watch this space :)

year to date all games graph

VVVVVV

• edited October 2013

Very nice graph Greg. 

You've been winning consistantly all year so you have no excuse for not posting more! 

After the first 500 games, itooks like a sng players graph rather than an MTT graph though and we know that aside from dyms & standard ones that never run, sngs are 'not your natural game'. 

So how have you made it look like that?
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Keeping it simple- Road to Brazil 2014.:
    Very nice graph Greg.  You've been winning consistantly all year so you have no excuse for not posting more!  After the first 500 games, itooks like a sng players graph rather than an MTT graph though and we know that aside from dyms & standard ones that never run, sngs are 'not your natural game'.  So how have you made it look like that?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Pro min-casher imo ;)

Either that or he's been taking lessons from IDCU in beating Frenzies
  • edited October 2013
    Greg - I'm looking into going to Brazil with a mate and the 9k you talk about is way off the mark. Obviously if you're looking to stay in 4/5* jobbys and really live it up then you'll need more money but it can be done cheaper. You can fly for the group stages for less than £1k with one change in Madrid and you can get a reasonable 2* place close to the centre of Rio for £200 per person per week. Local beer is apparently £1.90 a pint and food slightly more expensive than here. Tickets you can apply for online and CAT 3 tickets for the group games are about £55 each face value. Internal flights really varey but none are more than £300 return from Rio with the closer venues being cheaper. I'm not 100% going and will possibly not book anything until the draw, if I do go it'll probably just be for the groups but just don't be fooled by these 9k amounts the press are throwing around!